PDA

View Full Version : LaMarr Woodley: Steelers should have beaten Broncos easily

DenBronx
05-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 27, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT

In the opinion of Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley, Pittsburgh’s playoff loss in Denver was less a matter of the Broncos playing well than the Steelers playing badly.

Woodley says that even now, five months later, that overtime loss particularly stings — because he believes the Steelers should have won that game, and should have won it handily.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/27/lamarr-woodley-steelers-should-have-beaten-broncos-easily/

DenBronx
05-27-2012, 11:34 PM
“What gives you motivation is not playing in the Super Bowl, getting eliminated in the first round, losing to a team we had no business losing to,” Woodley told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s a team we should have easily beat.

DenBronx
05-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah? Then WHY DID you lose Woodley?

Sounds like sour grapes to me. If Tebow can light your defense up then imagine what Manning will do to your pathetic team.

Canmore
05-27-2012, 11:41 PM
He needs a block of cheese to go with that whine.

Day1BroncoFan
05-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Guess his party got ruined. :lol:

Shazam!
05-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Their Defense got LIT UP by The One who is called by some to be the worst starting QB in the NFL, and he says that now... when they open their schedule against the same team that now has one of the best QBs in NFL history. Ironic...

Nomad
05-28-2012, 12:10 AM
It's always the shoulda,woulda, coulda but in reality, it didn't happen. We'll see ya at the beginning of the season.

Canmore
05-28-2012, 12:22 AM
It's always the shoulda,woulda, coulda but in reality, it didn't happen. We'll see ya at the beginning of the season.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda, Lol.

dogfish
05-28-2012, 12:34 AM
guess you guys must be a real bunch of chumps for not getting it done, then, eh lamarr?

comment says more about you losers than it does about us. . .

:welcome:

good thing he's better at playing linebacker than he is at thinking. . .

FanInAZ
05-28-2012, 12:53 AM
We had no business losing to Jacksonville, who was totally inferior to us ON PAPER, during the divisional round of the '96 play-offs. However, the Jaguars did what they needed to do to pull off the upset & we lost the game.

We probably would've beat Pittsburg during the divisional round of the '84 divisional play-offs if Elway hadn't suffered a groin injury in the 4th quarter of that game & thrown a pick 6 in the final 2 minutes of the game. However, Elway did get injured which effected his ability to perform in the clutch & we lost the game.

We probably would've beat Buffalo during the AFCCG of the '91 play-offs if Elway hadn't suffered a groin injury forcing Kubiak to come in who was unsuccessful in engineering a last minute comeback. However, Elway did get injured, Kubiak was unsuccessful in relief & we lost the game.

This is why they go ahead & play the game no matter how the teams appear to match up on paper. Furthermore, the Steelers are not the 1st team to lose a play-off games in which they had serious injuries to key players.

sneakers
05-28-2012, 01:24 AM
butthurt alert!

Simple Jaded
05-28-2012, 01:40 AM
The Steelers have no one to blame but themselves, sure they were beat up but more than anything they lost because they came into the game with a horrible game plan and executed it to perfection.......

dogfish
05-28-2012, 01:44 AM
dogfish: "orlando franklin shoulda beaten lamarr woodley's ass"

:defense:

Northman
05-28-2012, 04:32 AM
Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda, Didnt. End of story.

muse
05-28-2012, 04:36 AM
Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda, Didnt. End of story.

You mean Woodley Shouldley Couldley?

Slick
05-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Those pesky sickle cells...

EastCoastBronco
05-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Thank you LaMarr....For adding another line to the huge list of reasons why I hate the goddam Steelers.
Ass Clown.

Chef Zambini
05-28-2012, 09:03 AM
lamarr shoulda kept his mouth shut,
he woulda been less of a whiney bytch by doing so,
and coulda held his head high.
but , instead, he cries every day in his soggy, salty cornflakes.
time for your nap lamarr.
mommy will fix you a warm bottle for bed.

chazoe60
05-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Hey Woodley, SCOREBOARD BITCH!!!!!!!

weazel
05-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 27, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT

In the opinion of Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley, Pittsburgh’s playoff loss in Denver was less a matter of the Broncos playing well than the Steelers playing badly.

Woodley says that even now, five months later, that overtime loss particularly stings — because he believes the Steelers should have won that game, and should have won it handily.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/27/lamarr-woodley-steelers-should-have-beaten-broncos-easily/

he's right... but they did have a lot of injuries. That being said... who cares, that was last season get over it

Chef Zambini
05-28-2012, 10:08 AM
my favorite line in all this?
" they had a lousy gameplan and played it to perfection"

Softskull
05-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Shut up Ho and get me my drink!

DenBronx
05-28-2012, 12:08 PM
he's right... but they did have a lot of injuries. That being said... who cares, that was last season get over it

There were many games and countless injuries on this team the last few years. I just don't recall any of our players being little girls about it even months after losing the game.

BroncoWave
05-28-2012, 12:12 PM
This reminds me of the game from several years ago when Roy Williams (WR) said in a game after getting destroyed by the Packers "it was stupid how close we were to putting 40 points on the board".

broncobryce
05-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Well, we had no business making the playoffs and winning the division, after starting 1-4, but we did. It was a magical season and guys stepped it up when the had to. Woodley will get his chance to actually do something first week of the season. He was invisible against us in the playoffs.

TXBRONC
05-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I guess he's still butt hurt that a rookie offensive tackle kept him in check for the entire game.

He sounds just like that whinny little punk Leroy Butler who to this day claims the Packers should have beaten the Broncos in Super Bowl XXXII.

It's time for these two prom queens to grow up.

Simple Jaded
05-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Losers go home whining about Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda, winners go home and **** the Prom Queen.......

Dean
05-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Hey Woodley, I should have been born rich and handsome. Don't bother to ask how that is working out for me. I got over it. . . you can too.

MOtorboat
05-28-2012, 10:41 PM
We, obviously, aren't going to discuss whether he was right, or not...

BroncoWave
05-28-2012, 10:44 PM
We, obviously, aren't going to discuss whether he was right, or not...

Who cares if he's right? He probably is. But that doesn't change the fact that making these comments now is sour grapes.

MOtorboat
05-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Who cares if he's right? He probably is. But that doesn't change the fact that making these comments now is sour grapes.

I can think of a dozen games Denver should have won, and players would say the same thing. It's just kind of a ridiculous exercise trash-talking said player, especially when he's probably right.

BroncoWave
05-28-2012, 10:49 PM
I can think of a dozen games Denver should have won, and players would say the same thing. It's just kind of a ridiculous exercise trash-talking said player, especially when he's probably right.

And it would be sour grapes from those players if they were to make public comments stating such. It doesn't matter if he's probably right. No one will ever know, and making these comments now just makes him come off as bitter. And he's a public figure making public comments, so anyone is free to criticize him and his comments as they chose.

GEM
05-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Woodley...your tears taste bitter. You whine better than most 5 year old girls.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda....but you didn't. So have a nice, tall glass of **** and move onto next season. Sissy mary la la.

GEM
05-29-2012, 12:57 PM

Kind of ridiculous to trash talk about what should have happened months ago. If they were better that day, they would have won and would not of needed OT. Any given Sunday bit them right in the ass.

topscribe
05-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Hey Woodley, I should have been born rich and handsome. Don't bother to ask how that is working out for me. I got over it. . . you can too.
Well, Coach, you ain't rich, but one out of two isn't bad . . . :D

topscribe
05-29-2012, 01:09 PM
You didn't have to tank it, but you did, but you did, but you did . . .

BroncoNut
05-29-2012, 01:12 PM
I agree, the steelers should have won that game.

vandammage13
05-29-2012, 01:37 PM
We probably would've beat Buffalo during the AFCCG of the '91 play-offs if Elway hadn't suffered a groin injury forcing Kubiak to come in who was unsuccessful in engineering a last minute comeback. However, Elway did get injured, Kubiak was unsuccessful in relief & we lost the game.

I actually remember that game, and I remembered it differently from the way you portray it....It was Elway who wasn't getting it done in that game. Elway actually had an under 50% completion game (sounds like one of our other former QB's we hear about so much *gulp*) with 1 INT and 0 points to show for it...Kubiak took over with a 10-0 deficit and ran in our only score of the game while going 11-12 passing....Kubs actually nearly won that game for us in spite of how ineffective Elway was that game before he was pulled due to injury.

Revisionist history for our heroes, I suppose...

broncobryce
05-29-2012, 05:38 PM
To you Mo, of course he's right. You wouldn't want to give this team any credit for a playoff win, would ya?

MOtorboat
05-29-2012, 05:48 PM
To you Mo, of course he's right. You wouldn't want to give this team any credit for a playoff win, would ya?

It was the best game Tebow had. Why would I not give him credit for that? But I don't think he's better than Roethlisberger, and I don't fault any Pittsburgh player for feeling like they should, or could have, won that game.

If Denver lost a close game in the playoffs, that's exactly how'd I'd want the players to feel too.

GEM
05-29-2012, 05:56 PM
You would want them to come out whining about it 4 months after the fact? I would rather they be in the facilities working their tails off so it don't happen again. Whining don't solve shit in the game of football.

Overall, they may be a better team. But they weren't that day. Their players made mistakes which helped the Broncos pull off an upset. Instead of whining, go up to the CB who missed his assignment and fix the issue. Whining 4 months after the fact don't change the loss on their record. Had their CB been on his assignment, they might have had a W.

MOtorboat
05-29-2012, 06:03 PM
You would want them to come out whining about it 4 months after the fact? I would rather they be in the facilities working their tails off so it don't happen again. Whining don't solve shit in the game of football.

Overall, they may be a better team. But they weren't that day. Their players made mistakes which helped the Broncos pull off an upset. Instead of whining, go up to the CB who missed his assignment and fix the issue. Whining 4 months after the fact don't change the loss on their record. Had their CB been on his assignment, they might have had a W.

If they were asked what their motivation was for this season, or what was driving them this season, as I'm suspecting Woodley was asked, the hell yes, I'd want them to remember that game.

Saying "we should have won" to your local newspaper is not akin to whining about a referees call, or trashing Tebow or another player. It's just simply a statement that they felt they should have won and they'll use it as motivation. Hell, I don't even see how it's "trash talking" to any degree, really.

I guarantee there was a Bronco in 1997 that said in preseason at some point that losing to Jacksonville was motivation, or that they should have won that game. And I'd bet that you were perfectly OK with that, because it's a Bronco.

BroncoWave
05-29-2012, 06:42 PM
If they were asked what their motivation was for this season, or what was driving them this season, as I'm suspecting Woodley was asked, the hell yes, I'd want them to remember that game.

Saying "we should have won" to your local newspaper is not akin to whining about a referees call, or trashing Tebow or another player. It's just simply a statement that they felt they should have won and they'll use it as motivation. Hell, I don't even see how it's "trash talking" to any degree, really.

I guarantee there was a Bronco in 1997 that said in preseason at some point that losing to Jacksonville was motivation, or that they should have won that game. And I'd bet that you were perfectly OK with that, because it's a Bronco.

So saying "losing to a team we had no business losing to" and "It’s a team we should have easily beat" isn't trashing the Broncos at all?

MOtorboat
05-29-2012, 06:53 PM
So saying "losing to a team we had no business losing to" and "It’s a team we should have easily beat" isn't trashing the Broncos at all?

Not really. No.

Had he referenced that running back trying to throw the football beat us, or anything to that effect than, yeah, I'd see it as trash talk.

But saying you thought your team was better than one you lost to isn't anywhere approaching "whiny" or whatever term has been thrown out there.

How do you think the Saints players feel about that Seahawks game?

FanInAZ
05-29-2012, 07:00 PM
I actually remember that game, and I remembered it differently from the way you portray it....It was Elway who wasn't getting it done in that game. Elway actually had an under 50% completion game (sounds like one of our other former QB's we hear about so much *gulp*) with 1 INT and 0 points to show for it...Kubiak took over with a 10-0 deficit and ran in our only score of the game while going 11-12 passing....Kubs actually nearly won that game for us in spite of how ineffective Elway was that game before he was pulled due to injury.

Revisionist history for our heroes, I suppose...

Yes, Elway wasn't getting it done up to the point that he got pulled due to injury, but our D was. As long as the D kept us within striking range, Elway still had the potential to strike. Kubiak did good, but Elway always had potential to do better. I’m not guaranteeing he would have, but the potential was always there.

Simple Jaded
05-29-2012, 07:02 PM
I think he's right, and I think we should trash talk him.......

Chef Zambini
05-30-2012, 03:06 AM
there is nothing that woodboy can say or do that will change the outcome of that game.
he says they should have won easily, yet they did not.
They failed, and they must own that failure and what caused them to fail. diminishing us in his mind only accentuates how pathetic their loss is!
their lack of effort' their poor execution, their failure to prperly prepare and tyake us seriously.
their arrogance, the same arrogance he exhibits with his comments.
he has earned the ridicule for his comments, just like his teams effort earned them the loss, own it !

LTC Pain
05-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Woodley can take his opinion and go do a swan dive into an outhouse!

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes, Elway wasn't getting it done up to the point that he got pulled due to injury, but our D was. As long as the D kept us within striking range, Elway still had the potential to strike. Kubiak did good, but Elway always had potential to do better. I’m not guaranteeing he would have, but the potential was always there.

Yes, he did have a knack for pulling out a miracle in the end regardless of how things went in the first 3 quarters...Kind of like the last QB we had.

Simple Jaded
05-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Yes, he did have a knack for pulling out a miracle in the end regardless of how things went in the first 3 quarters...Kind of like the last QB we had.

Yeah, except Elway was nothing like the QB they had last year.......

JPPT1974
05-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah, except Elway was nothing like the QB they had last year.......

Nobody can and will ever be like an Elway at all!