PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp???

Bad Intentions
06-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Who here is going to Training Camp and on which (or how many) days do you plan on attending? Who is the "official" TC attendee and reporter for the Freak? Just curious as I will be there most of the time. If anybody is interested in hooking up and having a good time, let me know. Starbucks in the morning and Chipotle between!!! And, if there isn't an official reporter, give me a shout.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Who here is going to Training Camp and on which (or how many) days do you plan on attending? Who is the "official" TC attendee and reporter for the Freak? Just curious as I will be there most of the time. If anybody is interested in hooking up and having a good time, let me know. Starbucks in the morning and Chipotle between!!! And, if there isn't an official reporter, give me a shout.

Reporter for the Freak?????

LTC Pain
06-06-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm going to try and attend on the weekend in the mornings with a couple of friends.

Bad Intentions
06-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Reporter for the Freak?????

Yeah, I figured the Freak (nka Broncos Forums) would have somebody dedicated to training camp and reporting the outcomes and people to watch.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I figured the Freak (nka Broncos Forums) would have somebody dedicated to training camp and reporting the outcomes and people to watch.

Broncos Forums and the Freak are totally separate. :confused:

horsepig
06-06-2009, 11:07 PM
So?

deacon
06-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Broncos Forums and the Freak are totally separate. :confused:

Hey Carol..you just gave him his first scoop!

Bad Intentions
06-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey Carol..you just gave him his first scoop!

I take it you all haven't been around too long. Broncos Forums once upon a time was the Freak. Just as Broncos Country was once upon a time BroncoMania.

I love how somebody that has just figured out the internet and started posting on a forum knows the history.

BroncoJoe
06-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I take it you all haven't been around too long. Broncos Forums once upon a time was the Freak. Just as Broncos Country was once upon a time BroncoMania.

I love how somebody that has just figured out the internet and started posting on a forum knows the history.

Dude, no offense, but the Freak still exhists. BroncosForums is in no way affiliated with the Freak. Many of the Freak members (myself included) came over here during the transisition from John's site to Harkov's site.

www.broncosfreaks.com

So, before you start bashing members here, you should get your facts straight.

Rick
06-07-2009, 10:58 AM
I was a member here long before I ever even heard of the freak personally.

When I came here, the day it opened, I had heard of 3 major sites...Mania, Mane...and here(though this wasn't major yet).

Before members from the freak started coming here(much) later I had never even heard of the thing.

LordTrychon
06-07-2009, 11:24 AM
:lol::lol:

Rick
06-07-2009, 11:32 AM

Now none of this takes away from your question, your question is just flawed a little as this is not the freak and never was but still a good question on whether anyone will attend the camps and report.

On the other note though i personally feel you should appologize to Deacon.

Calling him out and essentially in a round about way calling him stupid when it is you that are completly missinformed is going to get people all over your case.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2009, 12:34 PM

History - Broncos Forums was formed in August, 2007, by Tned, topscribe, and myself. At that time, the original members came from BC/BM, which is indicated by their join date. As Bronco Joe has stated, AFTER BF was formed, members came from the Freak, as well as some from the Orange Mane.

Northman
06-07-2009, 12:39 PM
:cricket::cricket::cricket:

Nomad
06-07-2009, 12:50 PM
:cricket::cricket::cricket:

:lol:True dat!!

Now the facts are straight on the forums beginning and all the other malarky, when does Training Camp start??

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2009, 01:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4199251

2009 training camp dates

Denver Broncos Dove Valley Englewood, Colo. July 30

topscribe
06-07-2009, 01:41 PM

Ummm . . . Carol is one of the FOUNDERS of Broncos Forums. As am I.

Having said that, I can now assure you that Broncos Forums was never the
Freak. It was started from the ground up by Tned and us, funded and
developed by Tned, followed very closely by JR.

Now, what is it you would like to know about Broncos Forums? You can ask any
one of us: Tned, Carol, JR, or me. :coffee:

EDIT: I didn't see your post, Carol. But I'll let this one stand . . .

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
06-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh man, a fight over Broncos internet web forums. SWEET!

topscribe
06-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Fight? *looks both ways* I don't see any fight.

Just a clarification . . . :coffee:

-----

hotcarl
06-07-2009, 06:01 PM
way to take the internet seriously guys:laugh:
:welcome:

topscribe
06-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Well, it's like this: If I had run across this site and signed up and started posting
on it, then I wouldn't take it so seriously. I don't on the others where I am
signed up.

But if I work my butt off for some 17-18 months or so on a board and make it
nearly my full-time job to ensure its success, then I might consider it a bit more
seriously.

That's what I did here . . . :coffee:

-----

Bad Intentions
06-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Hmm, I remember getting emails from several old posters from Broncos Freak as well as some of the Mods. I guess I could go and get those emails and post them but what would be the use. Sorry I hurt you guys' little feelings. WAY TO TAKE THE INTERNET SO SERIOUSLY.

In other news. If anybody is going out to camp, PM me and we can hook up for some Starbucks in the morning and Chipotles in the afternoon. We'll have a fairly big contingent and may even see OF1 show up a time or two...

Lots of fun, Plus in real life, you don't have to worry about the "we are our own independent forum" BS. Meanwhile it seems that Broncos Freak isn't even a forum anymore. But what do I know? I'm not on the internet 24/7 like some. Kind of funny how the Freak's message boards went to nothing while Bronco Forums gained several hundred members practically over night... and then you have the audacity to say you stole your members from the BM/BC. Seriously?

You guys are pretty sad. I came on here asking a fairly innocent question. Most of us that have been posting on various sites since the EZBoard days still refer to this site as the Freak. Sorry if that offends those of you with hidden agendas.

I'm done now.

topscribe
06-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Hmm, I remember getting emails from several old posters from Broncos Freak as well as some of the Mods. I guess I could go and get those emails and post them but what would be the use. Sorry I hurt you guys' little feelings. WAY TO TAKE THE INTERNET SO SERIOUSLY.

In other news. If anybody is going out to camp, PM me and we can hook up for some Starbucks in the morning and Chipotles in the afternoon. We'll have a fairly big contingent and may even see OF1 show up a time or two...

Lots of fun, Plus in real life, you don't have to worry about the "we are our own independent forum" BS. Meanwhile it seems that Broncos Freak isn't even a forum anymore. But what do I know? I'm not on the internet 24/7 like some. Kind of funny how the Freak's message boards went to nothing while Bronco Forums gained several hundred members practically over night... and then you have the audacity to say you stole your members from the BM/BC. Seriously?

You guys are pretty sad. I came on here asking a fairly innocent question. Most of us that have been posting on various sites since the EZBoard days still refer to this site as the Freak. Sorry if that offends those of you with hidden agendas.

I'm done now.

I don't know whose feelings you think you hurt. You've just been corrected by
a couple people who were here the very day this board came into existence,
is all. I guess you're a little embarrassed by it . . .

And nobody "stole" members from anybody. Nobody said that. Many of the
members who came over here are also still over there, too. I am. And the
Freak does indeed exist. I'm also signed up over there . . . I go by "Greybeard"
over there.

But there's no reason to get all offended over it. It was your mistake, not ours.
You got it wrong, we helped to set you right. Simple. That's all we meant by it. :noidea:

-----

Bad Intentions
06-08-2009, 06:24 AM
I said I was done... if you think I'd get embarrassed by something on an internet message board then have a nut. If anything, you guys are the one's that should be embarrassed for acting like a bunch of jealous teenaged girls. But again, its a message board on the internet, why the angst?

Rick
06-08-2009, 07:00 AM
With my response it had 0 to do with feelings, as though I was here from day one I had nothing to do with the creation of the site.

My response was to you insulting a member, going out of your way to call him out as being basically dumb only to be complelty wrong yourself.

Best to back up your facts before insulting someone else for not having facts right.

topscribe
06-08-2009, 08:40 AM
I said I was done... if you think I'd get embarrassed by something on an internet message board then have a nut. If anything, you guys are the one's that should be embarrassed for acting like a bunch of jealous teenaged girls. But again, its a message board on the internet, why the angst?

I was only trying to explain . . . :whoknows:

-----

CoachChaz
06-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey Coach...why dont you come around on the Forums much anymore?

BroncoJoe
06-08-2009, 05:41 PM

I'm done now.

Best response would have been "my bad".

Now, who's feelings were hurt and e-manhood damaged?

BroncoJoe
06-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey Coach...why dont you come around on the Forums much anymore?

Hey Coach! Why don't you come around much anymore?

Lonestar
06-08-2009, 05:51 PM
hey how about we GET

:focus: