PDA

View Full Version : CookingLight.com

SR
05-26-2012, 07:11 PM
I stumbled upon this website a couple weeks ago and tonight I cooked my first meal from it. It was chicken soft tacos with mango avocado salsa. Two tacos were under 400 calories and were phenomenal. Total prep and cool time was about 25 minutes. There are hundreds of great and easy recipes on this website. Check it out.

www.cookinglight.com

ShaneFalco
05-26-2012, 07:47 PM
dude i love you, this site is going to save my ass

MOtorboat
05-26-2012, 07:55 PM

I think it's actually designed NOT to save your ass, but rather to get rid of it.

SR
05-26-2012, 09:57 PM

I think it's actually designed NOT to save your ass, but rather to get rid of it.

This. If you're looking to lose weight or count calories but are unsure of diets or meals that can help you, this is it.

Chef Zambini
05-27-2012, 10:28 AM
dude i love you, this site is going to save my assactually it sounds like it is going to reduce it !

Chef Zambini
05-27-2012, 10:29 AM
I think it's actually designed NOT to save your ass, but rather to get rid of it.sorry I should have kept reading instead of responding, we both jumped at the same set-up !

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 04:05 PM
my top reccomendation for "cooking light" is to use STOCK in place of butter or oil when called for in cooking.

SR
06-10-2012, 04:39 PM
I stick with olive oil.

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 07:33 PM
I stick with olive oil.

your loyalty is bathed in irony.

SR
06-10-2012, 07:40 PM
I stick with olive oil.

your loyalty is bathed in irony.

Olive oil is actually extremely healthy and packed full of good, healthy fats and calories.

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 11:12 PM
does your food stick when you cook with olive oil?

SR
06-11-2012, 07:43 AM
No. That's why I use it. I also use it for BBQing a lot of times as well. If I'm cooking chicken, for example, I will toss it in a small amount of extra virgin light just to coat the chicken breasts, then I'll rub them down with some dry rub and toss them on the grill. No sticking.

Chef Zambini
06-11-2012, 10:03 AM
No. That's why I use it. I also use it for BBQing a lot of times as well. If I'm cooking chicken, for example, I will toss it in a small amount of extra virgin light just to coat the chicken breasts, then I'll rub them down with some dry rub and toss them on the grill. No sticking.and thats why I said your post,
"...stick with olive oil"
was 'dripping' with irony.

SR
06-11-2012, 10:28 AM
and thats why I said your post,
"...stick with olive oil"
was 'dripping' with irony.

I get it! I'm slow! I thought you meant it was ironic that olive oil has a lot of calories but I, being a healthy eater, use it a lot for cooking. Goddammit. I'm retarded.

Thnikkaman
06-11-2012, 10:44 AM
I stumbled upon this website a couple weeks ago and tonight I cooked my first meal from it. It was chicken soft tacos with mango avocado salsa. Two tacos were under 400 calories and were phenomenal. Total prep and cool time was about 25 minutes. There are hundreds of great and easy recipes on this website. Check it out.

www.cookinglight.com

My wife has been a subscriber for years now. Some really good stuff in there.

SR
06-11-2012, 11:07 AM
My wife has been a subscriber for years now. Some really good stuff in there.

There's so many good recipes on that website. When I get bored I'll go there and by the time I'm done I've got a half dozen new recipes bookmarked. It's ridiculous. But so far my favorite thing I've made from that website is the mango avacado salsa for chicken soft tacos.

Chef Zambini
06-11-2012, 02:16 PM
I get it! I'm slow! I thought you meant it was ironic that olive oil has a lot of calories but I, being a healthy eater, use it a lot for cooking. Goddammit. I'm retarded.dont beat yourself up! youi seem to think thats my objective.
If you didnt read everything I post from a defensive posture,
I have no doubt you would have recognised I was just trying to be clever / funny,
an objective i often fail to achieve, thanks to mis-interpretation.

SR
06-11-2012, 02:43 PM
dont beat yourself up! youi seem to think thats my objective.
If you didnt read everything I post from a defensive posture,
I have no doubt you would have recognised I was just trying to be clever / funny,
an objective i often fail to achieve, thanks to mis-interpretation.

No man...I am not being sarcastic at all. I can't believe I didn't catch on to that. Had you not pointed that out that you were joking, I wouldn't have caught on.