PDA

View Full Version : the bicycle enthusiast thread, home of the TDF !!!

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 09:18 AM
love bikes and cycling. here is our new clubhouse!
the TDF starts in a month!
tejay vangardren, a boulder resident should figure into this years TOUR !
there will be at least FOUR american sponsored teams and as many as 20 american riders!
some canadians too !
but there also seems to be interest in bicycles and equipment for us peddle pushers that cant ride 2 thousand miles in 20 days. This is the place for us too !

topscribe
05-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks for starting this, Zam. I love my bike. The love affair actually began
about five years ago at the local Post Office. I was fat, out of shape, headed
into the building when this guy came breezing up on a road bike. He was
slender, svelte, with a complete biker's getup and helmet. I thought he was
about 25 years old, then I got a look at his face. Wow!

I asked him his age, and he said he just turned 80. Now, his bike wasn't a
fat-tired, 30-year-old old bike out of Monkey Wards with a grocery basket on
front, that one would expect of a guy his age. It was a full-blown road bike,
and he rode it like a man 50 years his junior!

I said to him that I wanted to be just like that when I was 80. He said, "You'd
better get started now!"

It reminded me of when Brian Dawkins said, "Take care of your body now, and
it will take care of you later."

Well, I got me a road bike and a big, thick cable lock for her, and I've been in
love with her since. After all, she's the only thing around that will let me ride
her anytime I want to . . .

turftoad
05-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Mines got a big motor on it. I live it too!

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks for starting this, Zam. I love my bike. The love affair actually began
about five years ago at the local Post Office. I was fat, out of shape, headed
into the building when this guy came breezing up on a road bike. He was
slender, svelt, with a complete biker's getup and helmet. I thought he was
about 25 years old, then I got a look at his face. Wow!

I asked him his age, and he said he just turned 80. Now, his bike wasn't a
fat-tired, 30-year-old old bike out of Monkey Wards with a grocery basket on
front, that one would expect of a guy his age. It was a full-blown road bike,
and he rode it like a man 50 years his junior!

I said to him that I wanted to be just like that when I was 80. He said, "You'd
better get started now!"

It reminded me of when Brian Dawkins said, "Take care of your body now, and
it will take care of you later."

Well, I got me a road bike and a big, thick cable lock for her, and I've been in
love with her since. After all, she's the only thing around that will let me ride
her anytime I want to . . .
.outstanding first post, welcome to the thread !
you live in Tucson?
thats mountain bike country aint it?
I havent been to the old pueblo since the mid 90's, so I am sure a few things have changed.

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 10:14 AM
will you be watching the TDF this year?

Chef Zambini
05-29-2012, 10:17 AM
TDF one month away!
20 stages
over 2000 miles
climbs and decends up and down the alps and peyrennes.
and 2 rest days for the media and others who follow the tour and cant keep up !
the man who stands atop the podium in paris is the greatest athlete on earth !
SPEED
STRENGTH
STAMINA
STRATEGY
SKILL
SPIRIT
viva le TOUR !

MOtorboat
05-29-2012, 12:49 PM
SPEED
STRENGTH
STAMINA
STRATEGY
SKILL
SPIRIT
STEROIDS
viva le TOUR !

BroncoNut
05-29-2012, 01:04 PM
great thread ZAM. I can't wait for the TDF. I think I will plug into it some this year. Still don't see how they are the best athletes in the world though. Maybe the gutsiest.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2012, 09:07 PM
great thread ZAM. I can't wait for the TDF. I think I will plug into it some this year. Still don't see how they are the best athletes in the world though. Maybe the gutsiest.

SPEED
STRENGTH
STAMINA
STRATEGY
SKILL
SPIRIT
maybe 1 to 3 % of the entire population can actually ride a bike 100 miles over flat terrain, of that very small percentage, less than 5% of those people could actually ride another 100 miles the very next day!
these guys ride over 100 miles EVERY day for 3 solid weeks ! and up and down the mountains!
skill?
take your bike to the top of any mountain, use your car! if in colorado go to the top of a pass , now just ride down hill and get it up to 60 MPH !
thats what these cyclists do ! the guys on MOTORCYCLES custom designed to folow the tour and manned by the BEST cycling professionals that BMW can hire, cant keep up ! These guys are riding on tires less than half an inch wide and the n motorcycles cant keep up !
strength?
ride your bike from boulder to the town up top and get back to me about strenght! just because the srenght does not appear in their arms, americans discount their strenght !
put them on a leg press they will blow away ANY NFL player you would consider "strong"
startegy?
you have to know the strength and weaknesses of every team and every rider on that team, and their potential to perform over 22 days on a variable 2000 mile course under various weather conditions !
the team managers are therefore some of the best COACHES in the world too!
I know theese sentements fall on deaf american ears, but the rest of the civilized world that watches the TDF knows they are watching the greatest athletes in the world!

Day1BroncoFan
05-29-2012, 10:20 PM
It's more about stamina than strength. Not saying they don't have strength Doubt if they could out leg press any nfl player.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2012, 01:16 AM
It's more about stamina than strength. Not saying they don't have strength Doubt if they could out leg press any nfl player.250 pound repitition, they would blow away ANY NFL player !
maybe max leg press there might be 2 or 3 guys that could push more lead for one single press than a TDF rider...maybe.
I know that lance did 5 leg presses of 500 pounds !

Day1BroncoFan
05-30-2012, 01:40 AM
250 pound repitition, they would blow away ANY NFL player !
maybe max leg press there might be 2 or 3 guys that could push more lead for one single press than a TDF rider...maybe.
I know that lance did 5 leg presses of 500 pounds !

That doesn't tranlate to bicycling power even if he can do 500. He most likely can since I can do almost 500. Im pretty sure there are a lot of NFL players that can do more than 500 for more than one or two times. Show me how much he can squat. Bicycling takes a lot more than strong legs.

Like I said, it's more about stamina than strength.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2012, 02:49 AM
sorry, climbing the alp d' huez takes STRENGTH!
the fact that they do it after riding 100 miles first is just a testament to their athleticism.
not just stamina, on the days when they do an individual time trial they have to be the fastest. on the mountains, the strongest. on the decent, the most skilled. yes stamina is a major factor over the course of 3 weeks, but all aspects of athleticism are tested,
worlds greatest athlete !

Chef Zambini
05-30-2012, 02:51 AM
who is the NFLs greatest athlete?
NBA?
MLB?
what makes them the best athlete?
not necessarily the best PLAYER, best athlete.
what are their attributes?

BroncoNut
05-30-2012, 12:02 PM
who is the NFLs greatest athlete?
NBA?
MLB?
what makes them the best athlete?
not necessarily the best PLAYER, best athlete.
what are their attributes?

what makes the best athlete? training/conditioning and coordination. imo.

Zam, what is your take on steel frames vs Aluminum and/or carbon? I know that steel frames TEND to run a bit higher, but how does the ride compare for you

Day1BroncoFan
05-30-2012, 01:36 PM
sorry, climbing the alp d' huez takes STRENGTH!
the fact that they do it after riding 100 miles first is just a testament to their athleticism.
not just stamina, on the days when they do an individual time trial they have to be the fastest. on the mountains, the strongest. on the decent, the most skilled. yes stamina is a major factor over the course of 3 weeks, but all aspects of athleticism are tested,
worlds greatest athlete !

Read my post again, never said it doesn't take strength. Stamina I mentioned.

You know that pedaling a bike is a full circle right? You don't just press on the downstroke.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Read my post again, never said it doesn't take strength. Stamina I mentioned.

You know that pedaling a bike is a full circle right? You don't just press on the downstroke.well, that depends on your equipment, shoes and pedals.
if you clip into your pedals then you do have the capacity to do more than exert force on the downstroke.
so many people are under the wrong impression that the TDF is ONLY about stamina.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2012, 08:55 PM
what makes the best athlete? training/conditioning and coordination. imo.

Zam, what is your take on steel frames vs Aluminum and/or carbon? I know that steel frames TEND to run a bit higher, but how does the ride compare for youcarbon frames are the lightest.
steel is a rare commodity in a high end bike. most are aluminum. down tubes and seat posts steel and most handlebars
I cant distinguish a ride difference between the various frame materials. flex in the frame allows for better handling, stif frames allow for greater speed.
I am not doinf time trials or taking downhill runs at 60 MPH, so these are not critical concerns for me.
Tires, tubes and rims are the critical components of my bike (like most) and smooth shifting.

Day1BroncoFan
05-30-2012, 10:51 PM
well, that depends on your equipment, shoes and pedals.
if you clip into your pedals then you do have the capacity to do more than exert force on the downstroke.
so many people are under the wrong impression that the TDF is ONLY about stamina.

If you read my post you would have noted I said stamina is more important. Ask any bicyclist what's more important, strength or stamina. They'll say stamina for distance. I've ridden up many hills in my time. If the pedals can be turned enough to move the bike then stamina gets you to the top.

By the way, all the racers use clip less pedals so yes, they pedal a full circle.

Day1BroncoFan
05-30-2012, 11:09 PM
down tubes and seat posts steel and most handlebars.

Would you clarify that statement? Are you saying most down tubes are steel?

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Would you clarify that statement? Are you saying most down tubes are steel?the seat post handlebars and the downtubes, the shafts that the seat and handlebars go into are often steel, especially on many lower priced frames that aRE PART ALUMINUM.
THESE PARTS HAVE TO BE RIGID AND strong and steel is the best medium.

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 09:18 AM
its JUNE, TDF starts this month !

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 09:25 AM
on a graphit bike the entire frame is graphite, opffering superior weight to strength ratio!
while there are many alll aluminum frames they have
weeping morter
construction along critical points to bolster the strength of the frame in areas where the stress can cause cracks.
all steel frames are what dominate the majority of the "everyman brand "bicycle world and there are also several frames that incorporate both aluminum for light weight and steel for strength throu-out the frame construction.

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 09:33 AM
my bad, I use the phrase "clip' as a universal referance to being attached to the pedal. of course there is a distinction between clip and cleat, of course all pro cyclists use a CLEAT form of attaching themselves to their pedals.
the old style CLIP was a referance to the TOE-clip that secured the shoe to the pedal
I come from a generation where we said "clipon"
meaning ready to do some serious riding.

Day1BroncoFan
05-31-2012, 10:27 AM
the seat post handlebars and the downtubes, the shafts that the seat and handlebars go into are often steel, especially on many lower priced frames that aRE PART ALUMINUM.
THESE PARTS HAVE TO BE RIGID AND strong and steel is the best medium.

You'd have to show me those bikes that are part steel and part something else, I've never heard of one or seen one anywhere ever. I won't say they don't exist but they are rare. The down tube is the tube that connects to the head tube and goes to the bottom bracket. The seat post goes into the seat post. None of the parts you mention go into the down tube.

Do you have a link to any bikes that are aluminum or carbon that have a steel down tube? I would like to see one.

99% or more of bikes the frame is all the same material be it carbon, Ti, steel, aluminum or whatever.

MOtorboat
05-31-2012, 10:41 AM
its JUNE, TDF starts this month !

Your calendar sucks.

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 02:11 PM
its an australian calendar, mate, its already tomorrow !

Day1BroncoFan
05-31-2012, 02:15 PM
my bad, I use the phrase "clip' as a universal referance to being attached to the pedal. of course there is a distinction between clip and cleat, of course all pro cyclists use a CLEAT form of attaching themselves to their pedals.
the old style CLIP was a referance to the TOE-clip that secured the shoe to the pedal
I come from a generation where we said "clipon"
meaning ready to do some serious riding.

Just to clarify, people in the bicycle world use the term "clip" when refering to the older toe clip style where you have a strap over the toes holding your foot to the pedal. "Clipless" pedals are the one in which have a cleat on the bottom of the shoe that snaps into place holding the foot to the pedal.

If you have been around bicycling much at all you would probably have known that though.

Still waiting to see links to bikes that have down tubes made of steel when the rest of the frame isn't. Carbon frames do have alloy inserts at key locations to attach things to the frame since threads and carbon don't mix well.

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 02:17 PM
grab a magnet, go to a bike shop with a variety of bikes, many will have aluminum frames, look for the ones that dont say "all aluminum frames"
check the chain stay tubes, the tube that holds the seat-post and the tube that holds the handelbar post, your magnet will detect steel.
WTF, are you just trying to be argumentative ?

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Just to clarify, people in the bicycle world use the term "clip" when refering to the older toe clip style where you have a strap over the toes holding your foot to the pedal. "Clipless" pedals are the one in which have a cleat on the bottom of the shoe that snaps into place holding the foot to the pedal.

If you have been around bicycling much at all you would probably have known that though.

Still waiting to see links to bikes that have down tubes made of steel when the rest of the frame isn't. Carbon frames do have alloy inserts at key locations to attach things to the frame since threads and carbon don't mix well.is your first name Anna?
if so, I would guess your last name to be Mosity.
did I not just say the same thing regarding clips/
and since you are being so "technical'
clipless can be just a regular old pedal without a cleat, technically

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
carbon frames are the lightest.
steel is a rare commodity in a high end bike. most are aluminum. down tubes and seat posts steel and most handlebars
I cant distinguish a ride difference between the various frame materials. flex in the frame allows for better handling, stif frames allow for greater speed.
I am not doinf time trials or taking downhill runs at 60 MPH, so these are not critical concerns for me.
Tires, tubes and rims are the critical components of my bike (like most) and smooth shifting.

yeah, me too. the Trek I ride now has the levers on the... downtube?????. Eventually I want a bike that shifts from the brakes. but looking at a new set of skis right now too.

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 02:33 PM
this is awesome.

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 02:34 PM
You'd have to show me those bikes that are part steel and part something else, I've never heard of one or seen one anywhere ever. I won't say they don't exist but they are rare. The down tube is the tube that connects to the head tube and goes to the bottom bracket. The seat post goes into the seat post. None of the parts you mention go into the down tube.

Do you have a link to any bikes that are aluminum or carbon that have a steel down tube? I would like to see one.

99% or more of bikes the frame is all the same material be it carbon, Ti, steel, aluminum or whatever.

I do believe that ZAM is correct. In fact I'd almost say yes, that he is.

Day1BroncoFan
05-31-2012, 02:36 PM
is your first name Anna?
if so, I would guess your last name to be Mosity.
did I not just say the same thing regarding clips/
and since you are being so "technical'
clipless can be just a regular old pedal without a cleat, technically

I thing your first name is O and your last name is Zone. I don't have any animosity toward you. I'm just trying to find out if you really don't know what you're talking about or if you're just acting like it. I'm not being technical, just using the terms commonly used in the bicycling jargon. By the way, a regular old pedal without a cleat as you refer to it is known as a flat pedal. If you say clipless pedal to anyone in bicycling they won't be thinking about a flat pedal so no, you'd be wrong.

Why is it you try to demean me? Are you that insecure?The TDF start on the 30 of June and this ain't June

Chef Zambini
I loved my old grip shifters on my old trek mountain bike.
my new giant has traditional click or trigger shifters mounted on the handelbars, they are shimano, good quality but still not as efficient or as exact as my old grip shifters !

Day1BroncoFan
I do believe that ZAM is correct. In fact I'd almost say yes, that he is.

Not.

Hit the wrong thing there.

Meant to say;

Not saying he ism, just asking him to privide me with some samples because I've never seen a bike not made out of steel that has a steel down tube.

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Not.

maybe you're the one that should be held as suspect?

BigDaddyBronco
05-31-2012, 02:39 PM
So is Contrador back in the Tour this year? It will be interesting to see if he is any good if he isn't doping. Andy Schleck should win if he can ride a time trial. Cadel Evans will be in the mix.

I need to go look at the tour site and see which mountain stages they are doing. It's always fun to watch them suffer.

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 02:41 PM
I loved my old grip shifters on my old trek mountain bike.
my new giant has traditional click or trigger shifters mounted on the handelbars, they are shimano, good quality but still not as efficient or as exact as my old grip shifters !

Shimano sucks. Real men ride Campy

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 02:42 PM
So is Contrador back in the Tour this year? It will be interesting to see if he is any good if he isn't doping. Andy Schleck should win if he can ride a time trial. Cadel Evans will be in the mix.

I need to go look at the tour site and see which mountain stages they are doing. It's always fun to watch them suffer.

Contrador. That's badass. Like the Commodores

Day1BroncoFan
05-31-2012, 02:43 PM
maybe you're the one that should be held as suspect?

See my edit. Hold me any way you like nut.

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 02:43 PM

you seem to be too much of a fatboy/slob type to be into the bike scene BDB. What's that all about?

BigDaddyBronco
05-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Contrador. That's badass. Like the Commodores

You could be Bronconutador.

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 02:45 PM
See my edit. Hold me any way you like nut.

Oh well thank you, how kind

show me your edit. I'm not going to go looking for it. There are others that need trolled

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Did I not already apologise for my old world jargon?
dude I am 57, in my day when a bike pedal was clipless, it meant you didnt have a toe clip( because there was no such thing as a cleated shoe and matching pedal).
clipless is the new modern term, but for me its just like the music industry, old farts like me still use the term "album"
"dude has a new album," even though we all know its a CD !"
and if you want to be hip, these days that 'flat pedal "is called a PLATFORM pedal, its what the kids use for' performing flatland tricks on their custom bikes.

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 02:49 PM
dude I am 57, in my day when a bike pedal was clipless, it meant you didnt have a toe clip( because there was no such thing as a cleated shoe and matching pedal).
clipless is the new modern term, but for me its just like the music industry, old farts like me still use the term "album"
and if you want to be hip, these days that 'flat pedal "is called a PLATFORM pedal, its what the kids use for' performing flatland tricks on their custom bikes.

awesome ZAM. way to kick some ass

Day1BroncoFan
05-31-2012, 02:54 PM

I'm 60 so I've been around for a while too. I've been riding since I was 5 and have been in the bicycling circle more or less since. The jargon I use just evolves with the territory.

I really would like to see a bike not made of steel that has a steel down tube though.

I currently have three bikes, an Giant road bike (alu frame, carbon fork), a GT MTB(steel) I've had since '89 and the new one I just built myself last April which is also an MTB (alu frame, carbon fork). Both the MTB's are rigid hard tails.

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 02:56 PM
why don't you two change into a fresh pair of depends and have a glass of prune juice. I think everyone's a little tired and cranky right now

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 02:58 PM

I need to go look at the tour site and see which mountain stages they are doing. It's always fun to watch them suffer.I am not sure but I think his suspension means that both he and his team are out of this years tour, I will check after I am done posting on the list of teams.
it is great to have some fellow fans to talk tour with !
This years tour offers a conflict to many cyclists with the OLYMPICS so close behind. Many are looking for the olympics, and passing up the TDF because the olympics are ony once every four years and for most cyclists there are really only 3 chances in their prime to go for olympic gold, whereas the TOUR is every year !

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Shimano sucks. Real men ride Campyshimano and campognolo are the kings of the industry !
like coke and pepsi of the beverage world.

Day1BroncoFan
05-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Zam, I know this thread is for the TDF but... I'm curious, how many miles do you ride a year?

I average around 2000 miles a year since I started keeping track (2006). My most is 3000. This year I'm shooting for 4000. I can still do it even with the six week break after the surgery I just had. The six weeks is over on Junre 5th.

I thought I'd add in there on the new build I put SRAM X.7 components. I like them so far but only have 600 miles on the bike. Never had SRAM anything before. The bottom bracket, cranks and chainrings are Shimano HollowTech since I didn't want to use external bearing bottom bracket.

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 03:05 PM
shimano and campognolo are the kings of the industry !
like coke and pepsi of the beverage world.

I too like Shimano components and will probably stick with those on a next purchase. Campognolo is for the elite cyclist where I am really just your everyday commonJoe type cyclist

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 03:14 PM
06/04/2012 - Selection of Teams for Tour de France 2012

The organisers of the Tour de France have completed selection of the teams for thenext edition of the event, which will start from the Province of Liege on Saturday30th June and finish in Paris Champs-Elysées on Sunday 22nd July.

In accordance with International Cycling Union rules, the following eighteen “ProTeams” are systematically selected:

AG2R La Mondiale (Fra)

Astana Pro Team (Kaz)

BMC Racing Team (USA)

Euskaltel – Euskadi (Esp)

FDJ – Big Mat (Fra)

Garmin – Barracuda (USA)

Greenedge Cycling Team (Aus)

Katusha Team (Rus)

Lampre – ISD (Ita)

Liquigas – Cannondale (Ita)

Lotto Belisol Team (Bel)

Movistar Team (Esp)

Omega Pharma – Quickstep (Bel)

Rabobank Cycling Team (Hol)

Radioshack – Nissan (Lux)

Sky Procycling (Gbr)

Team Saxo Bank (Dan)

Vacansoleil – DCM Pro Cycling Team (Hol)

In addition to these eighteen teams, the organisers have issued four invitations, meaning twenty-two teams will be present at the start of the 99th edition of the Tour de France. They are:

Argos – Shimano (Hol)

Cofidis, le crédit en ligne (Fra)

Saur – Sojasun (Fra)

Team Europcar (Fra)
contador... I like CONTRAdor, used to be on the astonia team, now it is a russian team and i am not sure what team contador is with. he did ride last year while his suspension was being 'litigated' so now that he is an official bum, I am pretty sure he is out of this years tour.
( you never know with the french)
they may just disqualify his performance last year and consider this year a new year for him, its all politics!

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 03:20 PM
The ruling, which overturned a decision by the Spanish cycling federation, also gave Contador a two-year ban from racing, applied retroactively. Contador will be allowed to race again Aug. 5 — after this year’s Tour de France — though he may not be able to compete in top events. The loss of his titles could jeopardize the points his team needs to qualify for major races.

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 03:22 PM
saxo bank his current team and astania his team when he was found guilty of doping, both teams get ZERO suspension!
meanwhile, the loyd flandis team and johann brunyell, they get a TDF ban for a year?
like i said french politics.

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Zam, I know this thread is for the TDF but... I'm curious, how many miles do you ride a year?

I average around 2000 miles a year since I started keeping track (2006). My most is 3000. This year I'm shooting for 4000. I can still do it even with the six week break after the surgery I just had. The six weeks is over on Junre 5th.

I thought I'd add in there on the new build I put SRAM X.7 components. I like them so far but only have 600 miles on the bike. Never had SRAM anything before. The bottom bracket, cranks and chainrings are Shimano HollowTech since I didn't want to use external bearing bottom bracket.I dont ride as much as I used to! Ilive just off the greenbelt in scottsdale, I cross one street and I am on the path!
I have a handfull of rides that I use incorporating the greenbelt, 10 mile
15 mile and the roundtripper to tempe which is anywhere from 24 to 30 miles round trip, depending on where i do my "turnaround"
My usual ride is the 15 miler.
I used to average 100 miles a week, now thanks to my bum back, I only get in one or 2 rides a week , especially during the summer.
I rode yesterday on my day off.
If I do 50 miles a week, its a good week for me.
last year, I rode my bike to work 4-5 times a week, 16 mile round trip, but now I have a new employer and not the same accomodations for a cyclist.

Day1BroncoFan
05-31-2012, 03:43 PM
I dont ride as much as I used to! Ilive just off the greenbelt in scottsdale, I cross one street and I am on the path!
I have a handfull of rides that I use incorporating the greenbelt, 10 mile
15 mile and the roundtripper to tempe which is anywhere from 24 to 30 miles round trip, depending on where i do my "turnaround"
My usual ride is the 15 miler.
I used to average 100 miles a week, now thanks to my bum back, I only get in one or 2 rides a week , especially during the summer.
I rode yesterday on my day off.
If I do 50 miles a week, its a good week for me.
last year, I rode my bike to work 4-5 times a week, 16 mile round trip, but now I have a new employer and not the same accomodations for a cyclist.

My employer (me) always lets me ride when I have time. Before my surgery I was around 100 miles a week. I have 1495.71 so far this year. That's more than I had all year last year. I had to take off 6+ months for a treatment I went through. My overall average speed for this year is 14.63 this year but that's with a lot of fiddling around.

Did you check out the Tour of California that just ended?

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 03:49 PM
AMGEN tour, absolutely ! I was hoping for more from TJ vangardren, but it was good to see leipheimer back on his bike.
Is the colorado tour not going to happen this year because of the olympics?

BroncoNut
05-31-2012, 03:58 PM
it's a lot more fun to talk about cycling when we are all getting along isn't it?

Day1BroncoFan
05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
AMGEN tour, absolutely ! I was hoping for more from TJ vangardren, but it was good to see leipheimer back on his bike.
Is the colorado tour not going to happen this year because of the olympics?

Don't know.

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 09:19 PM
going to be in august! I have done the ride up flagstaff mountain from boulder to nederlands on my mountain bike!
its a tough ride!
I wonder what the contestants will be like with the olympics as the focus of so many top cyclists?

Chef Zambini
05-31-2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/cycling/ci_20324874/usa-pro-cycling-challenge-route-announced-2012-raceDP article on this years pro tour challenge in colorado !
7 day event, starts in Durango, ned overend country,
and finishes on coulfax,
Pratter country.

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 08:12 AM

I need to go look at the tour site and see which mountain stages they are doing. It's always fun to watch them suffer.riding the Tourmalet this year, not the alp d-huez.
lots of new routes this year.
No team time trial and no time bonuses for sprints or finishes

BigDaddyBronco
06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
riding the Tourmalet this year, not the alp d-huez.
lots of new routes this year.
No team time trial and no time bonuses for sprints or finishes

Yea, stage 16 will be brutal. Aubisque, Tourmalet, Aspin, and Peyresourde. 2 HC's and 2 Cat 1's.

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Yea, stage 16 will be brutal. Aubisque, Tourmalet, Aspin, and Peyresourde. 2 HC's and 2 Cat 1's.bingo! and the following day is no picnic either ! The rider that recovers from day 16 and can distinguish himself on day 17 is the likely contender for the top of the podium in paris! of course the time trial remains the final race of truth, so a guy like schleck needs to have a subsatancial (40 seconds) lead by the end of these two mountain stages.

BigDaddyBronco
06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
bingo! and the following day is no picnic either ! The rider that recovers from day 16 and can distinguish himself on day 17 is the likely contender for the top of the podium in paris! of course the time trial remains the final race of truth, so a guy like schleck needs to have a subsatancial (40 seconds) lead by the end of these two mountain stages.

Schleck might need more time than that. Apparently he has been working on time trials, but his form is so bad that I think he'll need a minute and a half or so. I just remember him losing to Contador in that last time trial in 2010. I guess he just won the yellow for 2010 due to the Contador doping, so maybe the timetrail didn't matter afterall. LOL.

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 01:06 PM
if he needs more than a minute in the time trial then he does not deserve the "mellow johnie".

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 01:15 PM
cadel will defend, but I think this years TDF is wide open!
not even sure who the strongest teams are!
HINCAPPIE, he will set the record for TDFs if he copletes this years, thats huge in a sport with a 100 year history and a foundation of endurance.
VOEKLER, little tommy voekler, i love watching this guy on the decends.
I live for the TDF in the month of JULY !

Chef Zambini
06-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I noticed the two rest days are on TUESDAY this year !

Chef Zambini
06-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Sagan, this guy looked amazing in the amgen tour, his team as well! I look forward to seeing what he can do in his first TDF !

Chef Zambini
06-05-2012, 10:04 AM
THOR, the nowegian hammer is not going to ride in the TDF this year. no word on his olympic asperations.

BroncoNut
06-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Zam, I have a GIANT mountain bike. It's an Iguana. I will post pics of it sometime.

Chef Zambini
06-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I am pretty happy with my giant, got a greaT PRICE ON IT, AND WAS PERFECT FOR MY COMMUTE WHEN I WAS RIDING TO WORK.
it is the transend model.
a little heavy at 35 pounds, but nice disc brakes.
It came with a kick stand, fenders and a BELL, 3 things I would never put on any of my previous bikes, yet I end up happy to have all 3 components.
go figure.

BroncoNut
06-05-2012, 04:42 PM
I am pretty happy with my giant, got a greaT PRICE ON IT, AND WAS PERFECT FOR MY COMMUTE WHEN I WAS RIDING TO WORK.
it is the transend model.
a little heavy at 35 pounds, but nice disc brakes.
It came with a kick stand, fenders and a BELL, 3 things I would never put on any of my previous bikes, yet I end up happy to have all 3 components.
go figure.

mine's heavy too. Alot more so than my roadbike. Rides great though. i just dusted it off last Sunday and took it for a spin. I havent' ridden it in 4 years I bet. Looking at Giant roadbikes too. I've been happy with the GIANT mountain bike, and they do seem pretty nicely priced for the quality overall. Still need to ride more models though.

Chef Zambini
06-05-2012, 08:44 PM
check out fuji and GT also, usually well equiped and good value. Where do you plan to buy your bike in maryland?
are you considering buying on line?
have you heard of PERFORMANCE bike?

Chef Zambini
06-05-2012, 09:30 PM
andy schlek looking awful in the dauphine~.
WTF ?
...and apparently having issues with johan brunyeel?

BroncoNut
06-06-2012, 10:38 AM
check out fuji and GT also, usually well equiped and good value. Where do you plan to buy your bike in maryland?
are you considering buying on line?
have you heard of PERFORMANCE bike?

there are bike shops all over. have not yet considered online but not for any reason. I've been going to alot of bike shops lately, so it would more than likely be one of those. Most are not chains, they are small businesses that tend to carry only Giant, or Trek, or Trek and Specialized, .. I think you get my drift.

What is PERFORMANCE Bike? Is that a make? Seems like I have heard of it. Have you heard of Jamis? they are out of New Jersey. there's a store here in College Park (where I work) that carries them. I havent' ridden one yet.

Chef Zambini
06-06-2012, 01:37 PM
performance bike offers on line bikes, they are having a huge sale on bikes right now, check it out !
I applaud going to a local shop, you will get a better set-up for your own body type geometry if you do this!
make sure they offer a free follow-up tune-up, within a month after you purchase the bike !
if they hesitate tell them you are considering other shops that do offer a free set-up and tune-up !

Chef Zambini
06-06-2012, 01:39 PM
not familiar with jamis bikes. I do know janis, they make bike accessories.

Chef Zambini
06-06-2012, 01:43 PM
just checked out the jamis web site, looks like they assemble some quality products.

Chef Zambini
06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
what kind of bike are you looking for, what kind of riding will you be doing?

BroncoNut
06-06-2012, 02:02 PM
what kind of bike are you looking for, what kind of riding will you be doing?

road bike. regular short and the occasional long trip.

BroncoNut
06-06-2012, 02:05 PM
just checked out the jamis web site, looks like they assemble some quality products.

I remember it being a nice looking bike.

ZAm, do you do any roadbiking?

Chef Zambini
06-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I havent had a road bike since I moved to Sedona in 1990.
3 different mountain bikes since then and now a commuter bike. I live right on the scottsdale greenbelt, thats where 98% of my cycling takes place.
for your style riding, make sure your seaT AND HANDLEBARS ARE COMFORTABLE.
get a good fit - set-up,
and the most critical components on a mid grade, not custom bike is overall weight and the quality of tires, rims and shifting components.

BroncoNut
06-07-2012, 08:02 AM
I havent had a road bike since I moved to Sedona in 1990.
3 different mountain bikes since then and now a commuter bike. I live right on the scottsdale greenbelt, thats where 98% of my cycling takes place.
for your style riding, make sure your seaT AND HANDLEBARS ARE COMFORTABLE.
get a good fit - set-up,
and the most critical components on a mid grade, not custom bike is overall weight and the quality of tires, rims and shifting components.
thanks Zam, the last shop I consulted offered that service free by certified fitters and I am impressed with the importance of it after talking a bit on it. I don't plan to compete in the formal sense, but the fit is certainly important.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 10:12 AM
if you like the price and the bike go with the shop that offers the fitting and get them to include a tune-up and re-fit after a month.
what brands does this shop offer?

BroncoNut
06-07-2012, 11:19 AM
if you like the price and the bike go with the shop that offers the fitting and get them to include a tune-up and re-fit after a month.
what brands does this shop offer?

this particular one had GIANT. Another one has Trek. i think there are a couple others that I've looked at that offer that. I'll be certain to check though.

right now I ride (for a road bike) a Trek 2100. I think I told you that. It's a good bike, but I want the shifters on the handset/brake area. Plus it is old. My neighbor gave it to me a few years ago when he upgraded.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 11:31 AM
any good shop should be abvle to mount the shifters you want, where you want, regardless of the bike you settle on. on top of the H-bars or at the bar ends, so dont tlet the company location influence which bike you buy, tell the dealer what you want and ask them about the price of modification.
also see if they will take your old bike in trade or consignment !
good luck and safe riding !

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 11:33 AM
GIANT and TREK, both great choices.

BroncoNut
06-07-2012, 01:22 PM
I just rode a Jamis over my lunch break. It was a great ride. I pulled my GIANT mountain bike out and took it for a spin last Sunday night with the dog. man, I forgot how great of a ride that was.

BroncoNut
06-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Zam, I rode a Bianchi last night, steel frame. Really nice. I want to ride some more steel frames. I also rode an aluminum Kona. Also nice. What I've ridden so far, other than the Bianchi, nothing really stands out from the others.

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 04:47 PM
did the bianchi have campo components or shimano?
the ride enjoyment may well ahve been the fit or saddle.
if it was noticable more fluid in shifting, braking and handling, you may just have yourself a winner !
if the overall weight of the steel freame bike is close to what the aluminum models are offering, there is no downside to the steel frame.

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 05:10 PM
any of the bikes come equiped with an elyptic front crank?

BroncoNut
06-09-2012, 03:31 PM
any of the bikes come equiped with an elyptic front crank?

I'm not sure what that is Zam. But I've been looking in more detail at front cranks on just about everything I've come across since you posted this. And I mean EVERYTHING. not the pedal crank you're talking about is it?

I also rode a Zuma 2011 model the other day. Or a Zuna? never heard of them.

Chef Zambini
06-09-2012, 04:25 PM
its actually the front chain wheel,(gear) an eliptical one better matches your momentum from your pedal rotatuion allowing you to apply more pressure when your foot is in a better position in the pedaling cycle.
it makes your pedal stroke more efficient and makes you feel more powerful.

Chef Zambini
06-09-2012, 04:26 PM
it sounds like you arer doing your due dilligence, I have no doubt you will end up with a nice ride !

BroncoNut
06-09-2012, 06:51 PM
o.k. I am familiar with the elliptical, but no, come to think of it, I haven't seen that in quite a while. thought I saw it on more of the mountain bikes.

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 02:32 AM
I saw several on the time trial bikes in this years dauphine.
I have seen them in shops on treks before

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 02:35 AM
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2008/07/14/Sastre_CSC_Q-Rings-280-75.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/non-round-chainrings-making-headway-in-the-pro-ranks-17530/&h=210&w=280&sz=16&tbnid=BOYJ4qv-YGXHnM:&tbnh=102&tbnw=136&prev=/search%3Fq%3Delliptical%2Bchainring%26tbm%3Disch%2 6tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=elliptical+chainring&usg=__9LTQUvgR2jTrlnk5nygpFVR9o2s=&docid=I3Jt78q3JpejvM&sa=X&ei=_E3UT5uxK4PM2AX4jZWKDw&ved=0CLABEPUBMAc&dur=13374

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 02:06 PM
andy schlek out of the TDF !

slim
06-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Uh Oh...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/story/2012-06-13/lance-armstrong-faces-doping-charges/55582394/1

chazoe60
06-13-2012, 05:05 PM
If they take all of Armstrong's titles away how far back would they have to go before finding a clean rider to award the titles to?

"Hey Mr. SOandSO, do you remember in 2001 when you took 4,567th place at the tour de Frog?"

"I vaguely remember that, I was drunk and did the race on my daughter's tricycle on a dare from my buddies."

"Well, you're the only rider who actually tested clean, well except for the pot and beer, but we don't consider those to be enhancing drugs. So, congratulations you are now awarded the title."

"I don't have to wear that stupid yellow jacket do I?"

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 05:41 PM
these are old charges discredited old examples, accusations thAT HIS HONESTY AND INTEGRITY HAVE PREVAILED OVER FOR MORE THAN A DOZEN YEARS.

MOtorboat
06-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Lol

BroncoNut
06-14-2012, 08:19 AM
I find it peculiar that his last name is Armstrong. It's like, yeah, no wonder

BigDaddyBronco
06-14-2012, 08:26 AM
So the Justice Dept drops their case against Armstrong for lack of evidence, but good ol' WADA continues the fight. At this point I don't care anymore. Any of the top riders Lance was racing against were doping as well. It's all about a witch hunt at this point.

BroncoNut
06-14-2012, 08:38 AM
wasn't this an issue a few years ago? I have gotten to the point where i take (most) everything with a grain of salt.

chazoe60
06-14-2012, 09:44 AM
wasn't this an issue a few years ago? I have gotten to the point where i take (most) everything with a grain of salt.

Nut, you shouldn't put salt on everything, it's bad for your blood pressure.

Day1BroncoFan
06-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Why don't they just leave Lance alone.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2012, 10:28 AM
this all stems from tyler hamilton testimony, which he offerd ONLY after he was graNTED COMPLETE IMMUNITY, SO HE CAN SAY AND TESTIFY anything HE WANTS WITHOUT REPRISAL! TH can say his wife shot and buried jimmy hoffa and he is free from prosecution for false witness !
He has been granted total immunity !
so he was prepared to lie for the justice sytem but they couldnt find anyone to corraborate his BS !
they have no evidense other than his testimony.
tyler your busted! want to be unbusted and covered in teflon from any accusations regarding cycling for the erst of your life?
just testify against lance.
full parden, total immunity, just tell us what we want to hear.

BroncoNut
06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Nut, you shouldn't put salt on everything, it's bad for your blood pressure.

not even on my open wounds?

Chef Zambini
06-14-2012, 01:35 PM
LA will prevail in this most recent witch hunt too ! because there is no proof of guilt.

slim
06-14-2012, 01:40 PM
this all stems from tyler hamilton testimony,

Not really...it all stems from Lance's use of PED.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2012, 01:43 PM
the justice department, the entitity whose playing field is the courts and the judicail system, THEY dropped their case against LA doe to insufficient evidence, actually a total lack of evidence apart from one motivated and immune convicys testimony.
after 2 years of pissing away the tax payers money, they stopped, and returned to the shadows.
now this drug admimistration thinks they can build a better case than the US department of justice.
Its like the postal service suggesting they could do a better job of drug testing.
its ludicrous, not to mention totaly lacking in merit !

BroncoNut
06-14-2012, 02:27 PM
the Justice Department? Are you kidding me? More like the INjustice department

MOtorboat
06-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Heard a great point today.

We are supposed to believe that the guy who dominated a sport - riddled with PED and blood-doping - for the better half of a decade is the only one who could do it completely clean?

Maybe so, but it smells fishy.

Second part of the point...does it matter all that much? Look what he's done for cancer research...

chazoe60
06-14-2012, 03:54 PM
I think it's fairly obvious. The only way to be better than blood dopers at cycling is to have a nut removed.

BroncoNut
06-14-2012, 04:18 PM
I think it's fairly obvious. The only way to be better than blood dopers at cycling is to have a nut removed.

some cycling enthusiasts say that cancer made Lance competitive because of the weight. apparently he was a relatively big fella in the bike world, body wise I mean.

Chef Zambini
06-15-2012, 10:21 AM
some cycling enthusiasts say that cancer made Lance competitive because of the weight. apparently he was a relatively big fella in the bike world, body wise I mean.the cancer absolutely changed LA's physicly ! he was built more like a linebacker, his body too big to carry over the mountains in a 3 week race! the atrophy from the cancer and treatment shrunk lance to make him more aero-dynamic , a blessing in disguise.

Chef Zambini
06-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Heard a great point today.

We are supposed to believe that the guy who dominated a sport - riddled with PED and blood-doping - for the better half of a decade is the only one who could do it completely clean?

Maybe so, but it smells fishy.

Second part of the point...does it matter all that much? Look what he's done for cancer research...migueal indurain won 5 straight TDFs befopre lance, nobody is trying to take away his victories or dig in his garbage bins!
Lance is resented by the french and to a lesser degree the europians and they have tried, unsuccessfully for 12 years to discredit LA with their own witch-hunts and self serving motivations.
they all have failed to show proof!
Lance sleeps in a special tent, every night. he fought off 11 malignant tumors throu-out his body, from his groin up to his brain. he survived what many can not and did not !
3 weeks on a bike was NOTHING compared to his victory over cancer !
what other rider has that victory under his belt when he mounts his bike?

LA is a tremendous athlete, he was on a great team, with a great manager, and he rode for MILLIONS, people, not dollars !
while other top tier cyclists beat themselves up on the pro cycling circuit, LA was afforded the KUXURY of training exclusivly to win the TDF !
the comparison to other cyclists is flawed, both guilty by association and guilty for cheating against them?
When did LA claim to be the ONLY clean athlete in the sport?
albert pojols, kemp, guilty by association?
jeter?
is each sports athletes, top athletes, innocent until proven guilty?
LA more than 500 tests, more than a dozen investigations, a decade long witch-hunt, NEVER found GUILTY ! never any concrete evidence.
the united states justice department, has found NOTHING worth procecuting, but now a drug agency thinks they have a better case of justice?
with the same old accusations?
senseless.

BroncoNut
06-15-2012, 12:13 PM
the cancer absolutely changed LA's physicly ! he was built more like a linebacker, his body too big to carry over the mountains in a 3 week race! the atrophy from the cancer and treatment shrunk lance to make him more aero-dynamic , a blessing in disguise.

so you agree?

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 12:35 PM
so you agree?absolutly, LA says as much in his book, the cancer that almost killed him actually transformed him into a cyclist better designed to win the TDF !

MOtorboat
06-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Along with the blood doping.

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 01:40 PM
the big C is going to kick down your door someday,
until then you can continue to kgreat joy in your hostility torwards one of this worlds great philanthropists and spokesperson working to fight cancer.
be proud of yourself for your unjustified mud throwing and hostility.
One day thaT DOOR WILL COME CRASHING DOWN AROUND YOU SMART Ass !

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Reuters) - Lance Armstrong's former team manager, Johan Bruyneel, has denied doping accusations made against him by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

While no-one has been charged, Bruyneel was among five people, including Armstrong, who were notified by the USADA of the allegations against them.

USADA said they had forwarded their allegations to the Anti-Doping Review Board, which would decide whether to proceed with the case.

Bruyneel was accused of conspiring in an orchestrated doping program between 1998 and 2011.

Although USADA said they had no analytical proof, they said they had taken statements from former team members, who they have not identified.

"I am dismayed that once again doping allegations have been raised against me, this time by USADA," Bruyneel said in a statement released on Friday.

"Following a Department of Justice Grand Jury investigation, no charges were filed against me.

"It cannot be right that I or anyone else can be pursued from court to court simply because our accusers do not like the decisions made along the way and so attempt to find a court which will get them the result they want."

Bruyneel served as Armstrong's team manager when the American cyclist, a cancer survivor, won the Tour de France a record seven times.

Although he never failed a doping test and always denied accusations of wrongdoing, Armstrong has been dogged for years by claims he cheated.

The U.S. Justice Department spent two years investigating similar claims against him but closed their case in February without laying any charges against him.

Earlier in the week, Armstrong also issued a statement dismissing the latest accusations against him.

"I shall of course co-operate fully with the investigation, although I have no doubt the end result will be the same as all the other investigations over the years," Bruyneel said.

(Reporting by Julian Linden; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
@yahoosports on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook ..

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 07:27 AM
4 former LA teammates just recinded their availability for the olympic games.
this move is difficult to interpret.

Chef Zambini
06-21-2012, 09:06 AM
the TDF approaches, team reps should be announced soon !
actually here it is !http://www.letour.fr/2012/TDF/RIDERS/us/engages.html

Chef Zambini
06-21-2012, 09:12 AM
team europcar will feature the TDF very first japanese rider! I hope he can finish the race that would be huge for the sport and cycling industry !
who can name the FIRST american to ride in the TDF?

Chef Zambini
06-23-2012, 01:14 PM
TDF, one week from today !
which 3 guys do you think will stand on the podium?
who do you think will win?
do you have a favorite rider / team ?
lets talk tour !

BroncoNut
06-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Zam, umm.. noone really gives a flying you know what. Get a life loser

Chef Zambini
06-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Zam, umm.. noone really gives a flying you know what. Get a life loserhey 'nut, welcome to the thread!
Nice to have your unbridled enthusiasm in our peleton !
do you ride a mountain bike or a street model?

BroncoNut
06-24-2012, 12:00 PM
hey 'nut, welcome to the thread!
Nice to have your unbridled enthusiasm in our peleton !
do you ride a mountain bike or a street model?

hey Zam, thanks. 1 of each, BUT... i really have not taken the mountain bike off road. It looks pretty kick ass hanging on a wall in my utility room though. Now on a serious note, I have been roading. Still haven't gotten my new road bike, I'm smitten with a steel Jamis at the moment. last years model good price. anyway I went 25 mi last sat. I am pretty proud of that.

Chef Zambini
06-27-2012, 09:44 AM
it looks like NBC is going to do a great job of covering the tour and promoting their telecasts.
last years coverage was awesome, great camera work, excellent production with lots of great scenery shots ! I am rewally getting jacked up for this years TOUR !

Chef Zambini
06-27-2012, 09:50 AM
BYW, first american to ride in the tour was jonathon BOYER in the early '80s.
Greg lemond followed soon after.

My podium picks are wiggins, evens, and schleck, with an outside shot to leipheimer.

LEVI could move up with the help of 2 great performances in the time trials.
I miss the TEAM time trials, the french teams suck at it, thats why its not a regular on the TOUR !

Chef Zambini
06-29-2012, 10:07 AM
TDF tomorrow! I may not be able to sleep tonight !

slim
06-29-2012, 11:54 AM
I had a bike. When I was 9.

Chef Zambini
07-01-2012, 11:23 AM
TJ van gardren, boulder boy, and danielson, these guys will have a shot at top ten this yeaR !

Chef Zambini
07-01-2012, 10:20 PM
SAGAN, this dude is legit! he may steal the white jersey offf of TJs back !

Chef Zambini
07-02-2012, 10:33 PM
cavendish today, but sagan is watching and learning.

Chef Zambini
07-03-2012, 02:06 PM
sagan wins today, this kid is legit, especially with an incline finish !

Chef Zambini
07-07-2012, 09:49 AM
saturday, first real mountain stage...on NBC !
huge crash yeterday, looked like a tornado hit the peleton.

Chef Zambini
07-09-2012, 12:12 PM
wiggins, strongest rider on the strongest team, this is his tour, he just hAS TO STAY ON HIS BIKE AND OFF THE PAVEMENT.

BigDaddyBronco
07-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Cadel Evans looks good as well. His team isn't helping much however. I would like to see Wiggins win as a Brit has never won the TDF.

BroncoNut
07-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Cadel Evans looks good as well. His team isn't helping much however. I would like to see Wiggins win as a Brit has never won the TDF.

I watched a bit of some race when I was getting my oil changed at Jiffy Lube on Saturday. I don't get bike racing and the team concept. BDB, do you ride or something? it seems like you might know what you are talking about..

Chef Zambini
07-10-2012, 03:00 AM
Cadel Evans looks good as well. His team isn't helping much however. I would like to see Wiggins win as a Brit has never won the TDF.cadel has nobody in the mountains! it was suppose to be TJ, but so far he hasnt had his mountain legs< we will see if this week cadel can get some help. team SKY, is the best, they are making it easy for wiggins.
bronconut, the leader depends on his teammates to ride in front of him, reducing the win resistance and making his miles easier until the finish. They alsdo ride alongside and keep him out of trouble.
cyclists draft off of one another just like race cars.

Chef Zambini
08-14-2012, 12:39 PM
US pro cycling challenge coming to colorado later this month !
anyone planning to attend? watch?
ride?

BigDaddyBronco
08-14-2012, 01:47 PM
US pro cycling challenge coming to colorado later this month !
anyone planning to attend? watch?
ride?

I was going to go up to Durango next monday, but I can't due to work stuff. They are riding up to Silverton, then Ouray, then over and up to Telluride. should be brutal. It doesn't have the same grade as some of the mountains in Europe, but they are also at 9,000 - 10,000 feet.

BroncoNut
08-15-2012, 09:49 AM
I was going to go up to Durango next monday, but I can't due to work stuff. They are riding up to Silverton, then Ouray, then over and up to Telluride. should be brutal. It doesn't have the same grade as some of the mountains in Europe, but they are also at 9,000 - 10,000 feet.

I'm getting kindof sick of asking you without getting answered and kinda pissed off too. BDB. Do you ride?

BigDaddyBronco
08-15-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm getting kindof sick of asking you without getting answered and kinda pissed off too. BDB. Do you ride?

Just your sister.....

No, I have a mountain bike that I ride around some, but I'm not that serious about it.

BroncoNut
08-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Just your sister.....

No, I have a mountain bike that I ride around some, but I'm not that serious about it.

well, that makes two of us

Chef Zambini
08-16-2012, 10:19 PM
well, that makes two of usyou ride your sister too?

Chef Zambini
08-16-2012, 10:20 PM
wolfcreek pass, I want to see the guys go up and DOWN that puppy someday !

Chef Zambini
08-16-2012, 10:21 PM
hey BTW, wasnt there just a huge car crash on pikes peak recently?

Chef Zambini
08-16-2012, 10:24 PM
hey BTW, wasnt there just a huge car crash on pikes peak recently?http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/13/watch-jeremy-foley-crash-his-evo-8-at-pikes-peak/#continued

BroncoNut
08-17-2012, 10:55 AM
you ride your sister too?

no. I meant that I just bump around town, nothing serious

slim
08-17-2012, 11:40 AM
wolfcreek pass, I want to see the guys go up and DOWN that puppy someday !

Nut likes to watch too.

Chef Zambini
08-18-2012, 01:11 AM
wait, what?
nut watches you ride your sister?

Chef Zambini
08-18-2012, 10:50 AM
pro challenge starts monday, not messin around, no prologue no parade, just racin !
should be a great week of cycling and colorado scenery !

BroncoNut
08-20-2012, 02:53 PM
wait, what?
nut watches you ride your sister?

knock it off Zam. quit playing the naivve nerdy old guy.

Chef Zambini
08-22-2012, 11:51 AM
TJ, my pick to win the whole Enchilada

Chef Zambini
08-22-2012, 11:52 AM
today, gunnison to aspen, how's your aspen?

MOtorboat
08-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Lance Armstrong.

Doper.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/23/armstrong-stops-fight-against-doping-probe/

Davii
08-23-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't buy it MO

NightTrainLayne
08-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Lance Armstrong.

Doper.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/23/armstrong-stops-fight-against-doping-probe/

I saw this a little bit ago, and Zam was the first thought to go through my head.

I'm worried about him. We probably need to put him n a suicide watch.

Softskull
08-23-2012, 11:03 PM
I don't buy it MO

Davii, I want to believe, but it's the age. I’m cynical enough to believe that everyone in that time frame was doping. They didn't have the means to test for most of the new drugs. I love Lance, but the guy overcame cancer to be the greatest ever. It's like a story from the Iliad. It just doesn't happen. I questioned it when I was watching his wins. I want to believe my heart, but my eyes and brain won’t let me. Barry doped. Roger doped. Lance doped. The shame is that all were freaks without the smack.

Chef Zambini
08-23-2012, 11:03 PM
lance is a hero, my hero. this changes nothingfor me.
I shared his book with my mother, 4 months before she was diagnosed with liver cancer.
the first chapter about his relationship with his single mom.
There are millions of people whose lives have been changed, FOR THE BETTER, thanks to lance armstrong, MILLIONSOF PEOPLE!
now the testimony of TWO known cheaters and liars, two clowns, who were promised immunity and a clean slate, if only they would finger LA.
ignore the thousands, yes thousands of TESTS that LA has passed.
ignore the testimony of DOZENS of other teammates and associates.
lets take the word of these two paid=off scoundrels to take down an american hero, loved and appreciated around the world for his fight against cancer.
brilliant.
I will be ok.
I dont have cancer.
but if you do, or know someone that does, dont let this travisty of justice bring you down.
LA didnt let cancer stop him and this wont stop him either.

Softskull
08-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Youre a good man Zam. My boyhood hero was Pete Rose. I'm broken.

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 12:15 AM
it's doubtful I could change anyones opinion of lance armstrong, but there is no way on earth that anything or anyone will ever change my opinion of a great sports champion who , if he never won a single race, would still be one of my facvorite athletes, and a person I consider a hero of the human race.
how eloquante and profetic the title of his first book,
its not about the bike.
god bless lance armstrong
livestrong.

Chef Zambini
08-24-2012, 12:28 AM
lance hasnt been convicted of anything
he hasnt failed a test,
he hasnt admitted to wrong doing.
He has just decided to stop fighting this battle that seems tio have no end.
CANCER only held out for 18 months...
his doubters have thrown their jealous nud for over a dozen years...
those who seek to discredit him have spent MILLIONS of our tax payer dollars in their relentless, POINTLESS, fruitless pursuit
Money we could have spent on cancer reseaerch !
LA is no longer compelled to answer the bell and step into the ring with yet another accuser with taxpayers money to burn.
he has not lost, he has turned the othewr cheek.
he should drop his pants and show them both cheeks.

Chef Zambini
08-25-2012, 09:50 AM
big day on the bike, lance has his own thread.
I have done the ride up flagstaff on a mountain bike, its a beast ! especially if you just put in 100 miles before climbing it !

Chef Zambini
08-27-2012, 12:42 PM
it was a great week of racing, lousy coverage, however, poor broadcast, using micro towers instead of satalite feeds to helicopters like the TDF !

Chef Zambini
08-27-2012, 12:43 PM
the ride from boulder to nederland was one of my favorites, a real ball buster !