PDA

View Full Version : 9 RB/FBs going into Camp

NightTerror218
05-25-2012, 05:43 PM
We currently have 9 RB/Fbs going into camp. McGahee, Moreno, Hillman, Fannin, Ball, Johnson, Sylvester, Omon, and Gronk. Gronk and Sylvester are both FBs but Gronk is listed as RB on roster ATM.

How many do you think make the 53 man roster and who?

NightTerror218
05-25-2012, 05:47 PM
I am thinking we keep and the depth will be McGahee, Hillman, Gronk and Fannin (Gronk at FB).

Fannin was really liked last year at camp from what I have read. His draw backs are his ball handling, he has fumbling problems. Moreno has not been healthy and injured every season. Ball is not that good and Fannin has good receiving skills that will complement Manning along with Hillman. Sylvester wont beat out Gronk and Omon who?

underrated29
05-25-2012, 05:55 PM
We currently have 9 RB/Fbs going into camp. McGahee, Moreno, Hillman, Fannin, Ball, Johnson, Sylvester, Omon, and Gronk. Gronk and Sylvester are both FBs but Gronk is listed as RB on roster ATM.

How many do you think make the 53 man roster and who?

RB-
mcgahee, knowshon, hillman, fannin

FB- gronk, virgil green the TE.

I like xavier omon, ball is a nice depth guy and the other guys are other guys, but sadly I do not think they make it. Omon (if eligible) or JJ to the PS.

dogfish
05-25-2012, 05:59 PM
man, that is just a pathetic list of stiffs. . . i give elway credit for rebuilding our depth as quickly as he can, but this is one position that still needs a lot of work. . . i hope hillman can at least be a legit third down back. . .

NightTerror218
05-25-2012, 06:31 PM
man, that is just a pathetic list of stiffs. . . i give elway credit for rebuilding our depth as quickly as he can, but this is one position that still needs a lot of work. . . i hope hillman can at least be a legit third down back. . .

I read a report that he is incredibly fast at OTAs. I cant wait to actually watch him on the field. I think Moreno would have been it, but I think Fannin might knock him out of that spot. I would not be surprised to see Moreno/Ball traded since so many are just bad and we wont have that many RBs on the roster with Manning now and less emphasis on the run.

Jsteve01
05-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Fanin is a workout warrior. There's a reason that a guy with his size speed combo went undrafted. He has terrible instincts and can't hang onto the ball. Never started at Auburn. I hope he proves me wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Jsteve01
05-25-2012, 06:48 PM

drafting Daniel Thomas last year or Turbin or Ganaway this would have helped immensely. We shall see. If healthy, this offense is tailor made for guys like KnoMo and Hillman

iLands
05-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Last year we had McGahee, Moreno, Ball, Johnson, and Larsen, correct? (And Tebow, if you ask Urlacher)

Johnson came in for Warren, so weren't they all active at the same time?

I'd expect McGahee, Hillman, Moreno, and X as RBs and us to carry G3 as a FB.

The real speculation is over who X will be.

shank
05-25-2012, 09:05 PM
x =/= ball and i'm happy.

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 01:39 AM
iwould like to see moreno follow goodman out of town.
he cdant npick up the blitz (recognition)
he is a mediocre blocker at best, and as a runner he has lousy balance and vision.
I would hope we could put a jersey on the back of somebody better.
if we cant trade him, PUP list to hang on to his cap money, cutting him is too expensive, the only reason he still has a shot at the roster spot.

Traveler
05-26-2012, 09:32 AM
iwould like to see moreno follow goodman out of town.
he cdant npick up the blitz (recognition)
he is a mediocre blocker at best, and as a runner he has lousy balance and vision.
I would hope we could put a jersey on the back of somebody better.
if we cant trade him, PUP list to hang on to his cap money, cutting him is too expensive, the only reason he still has a shot at the roster spot.

Moreno might not even make it to training camp IMO. He had "issues" running the ball before his latest injury. I'm guessing he'll either traded for whatever they can get for him, or he'll be outright cut. Another McDaniels mistake sent packing.

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Moreno might not even make it to training camp IMO. He had "issues" running the ball before his latest injury. I'm guessing he'll either traded for whatever they can get for him, or he'll be outright cut. Another McDaniels mistake sent packing.even though his SALARY is relatively cheap, his CAP HIT if we cut him would be around 3 million dollars!
thats money we CANT spend elsewhere !
So many are saying he might find his way on to the PUP list, allowing us to give his roster spot to another
while still keeping his cap money wth the team for signing other guys.

ShaneFalco
05-26-2012, 07:49 PM
ya i really dislike every single one of our running backs. except for hillman, and he isnt an every down back.

Mcagahee is in for a reality check next season. We will not be the #1 rushing offense.

Dapper Dan
05-26-2012, 07:56 PM
I like our RBs.

Simple Jaded
05-27-2012, 12:27 AM
ya i really dislike every single one of our running backs. except for hillman, and he isnt an every down back.

Mcagahee is in for a reality check next season. We will not be the #1 rushing offense.

What kind of reality check is McGahee in for? He's not the first RB to promise the moon.......

MOtorboat
05-27-2012, 07:36 AM
I like our RBs.

Me too. It's a decent set of backs.

I'd expect McGahee, Hillman, Moreno, and X as RBs and us to carry G3 as a FB.

The real speculation is over who X will be.

This is the most likely scenario.

TXBRONC
05-27-2012, 08:01 AM
RB-
mcgahee, knowshon, hillman, fannin

FB- gronk, virgil green the TE.

I like xavier omon, ball is a nice depth guy and the other guys are other guys, but sadly I do not think they make it. Omon (if eligible) or JJ to the PS.

I think Sylvester has chance to make it.

TXBRONC
05-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Moreno might not even make it to training camp IMO. He had "issues" running the ball before his latest injury. I'm guessing he'll either traded for whatever they can get for him, or he'll be outright cut. Another McDaniels mistake sent packing.

I agree Moreno might not make it out of camp. Imo there is a greater chance he gets cut rather than traded, especially when you consider he's coming off of an acl injury.

MOtorboat
05-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Moreno is not going to get cut.

A.) Cap reasons. He's cheaper without cutting him.

B.) He's better than all but one other back on the team (McGahee).

Sylvester is not better than Moreno. Neither is Ball, Fannin, Johnson or any other undrafted player they run out there.

Simple Jaded
05-28-2012, 01:59 AM
Moreno seemingly fits the new offense well, for once l was starting to look forward to seeing him play but his role may go to Hillman. MO is right, his contract may buy him some time and this offense couldn't have come at a better time.

If I had my choice the RB depth chart would look like this; McGahee, Hillman, Fanning, Moreno, with Gronkowski's brother at FB. I wouldn't mind if the Broncos added another retread like Benson too.......

dogfish
05-28-2012, 02:58 AM
i'd need all my fingers and probably most of my toes to count all the backs in this league that i'd trade eight of our nine for. . .

Traveler
05-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Moreno is not going to get cut.

A.) Cap reasons. He's cheaper without cutting him.

B.) He's better than all but one other back on the team (McGahee).

Sylvester is not better than Moreno. Neither is Ball, Fannin, Johnson or any other undrafted player they run out there.

Really? The only reason he's still with the team is because of his draft status and salary. If he's the best back, sans McGahee, why do most others seem to outplay him when they get the chance? Hell, Lance Ball runs better than Moreno. I had such high hopes for him when he was drafted. Watching him play games for UGA, thought he would translate well the the pro game. No sure what happened, but it's time to move on IMO.

BroncoWave
05-28-2012, 08:54 AM
These were the Colts RBs on their Super Bowl roster 3 years ago.

Joseph Addai, Donald Brown, Mike Hart, Chad Simpson, Gijon Robinson (FB)

That got the Colts to a Super Bowl and I would take our guys over those.

BroncoWave
05-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Really? The only reason he's still with the team is because of his draft status and salary. If he's the best back, sans McGahee, why do most others seem to outplay him when they get the chance? Hell, Lance Ball runs better than Moreno. I had such high hopes for him when he was drafted. Watching him play games for UGA, thought he would translate well the the pro game. No sure what happened, but it's time to move on IMO.

If we'd drafted Moreno in the 3rd or 4th round and he had the production he's had thus far in his career, people would love him. He's not that bad. And his skillset fits absolutely perfectly in the Manning offense. I think alot of people will be eating their words about him this season.

MOtorboat
05-28-2012, 09:01 AM

Where do people come up with this crap?

Lance Ball has two touchdowns in a three-year career, which is a touchdown for every 85 touches.

Moreno has 18 in the same span, which is a touchdown every 30 touches.

Ball is not a better back.

Chef Zambini
05-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Where do people come up with this crap?

Lance Ball has two touchdowns in a three-year career, which is a touchdown for every 85 touches.

Moreno has 18 in the same span, which is a touchdown every 30 touches.

Ball is not a better back.
how many touches within the 20 for both?
how many failed first down carries for both?
turnovers?
which one can we depend on week in, week out?
I call Know-show the "astro-not" because he does his best work in space.
but the guy has lousy balance and lousy vision, and he cant seem to stay healthy and on the field.
(maybe that wil change now that tuten is gone)
the acl injury certainly is not going to improve his chances.
Moreno lovers might want to look into another jersey.

Ball may not be the answer,
but MORENO is why there is a question in the first place.

Chef Zambini
05-28-2012, 09:13 AM
If we'd drafted Moreno in the 3rd or 4th round and he had the production he's had thus far in his career, people would love him. He's not that bad. And his skillset fits absolutely perfectly in the Manning offense. I think alot of people will be eating their words about him this season.that would be sweet !
Like a delicious pie in the sky sweet.

MOtorboat
05-28-2012, 09:20 AM
how many touches within the 20 for both?
how many failed first down carries for both?
turnovers?
which one can we depend on week in, week out?
I call Know-show the "astro-not" because he does his best work in space.
but the guy has lousy balance and lousy vision, and he cant seem to stay healthy and on the field.
(maybe that wil change now that tuten is gone)
the acl injury certainly is not going to improve his chances.
Moreno lovers might want to look into another jersey.

Ball may not be the answer,
but MORENO is why there is a question in the first place.

Health is definitely a question with Moreno, but he's been productive when healthy, no matter how much people want to deny that.

If he's healthy all OTAs and camp there's zero reason to cut him.

You don't cut a guy because he's not Adrian Peterson.

Chef Zambini
05-28-2012, 09:23 AM
If we'd drafted Moreno in the 3rd or 4th round and he had the production he's had thus far in his career, people would love him. He's not that bad. And his skillset fits absolutely perfectly in the Manning offense. I think alot of people will be eating their words about him this season.for me, it really does not matter where or when a guy is drafted once he is on the team. either he gets the job done or he doesnt.
If a guy drops a pass i dont think,' wel, its ok he was only a 4th round drfat pick."
where was willis mac drafted/ I dont care!
it does not matter at this point!
He is productive, he is someone we can count on.
I sure as hell hope hillman is that guy too, regardless of where he was drafted. if he is a bronco, i wnat him to bring honor to his uniform!
Morenos perfomance is disapointing
when we start talking VALUE, thats a whole nother beast, and it really muddies the water when discussing wether the guy is worth keeping or not.

MOtorboat
05-28-2012, 09:31 AM
for me, it really does not matter where or when a guy is drafted once he is on the team. either he gets the job done or he doesnt.
If a guy drops a pass i dont think,' wel, its ok he was only a 4th round drfat pick."
where was willis mac drafted/ I dont care!
it does not matter at this point!
He is productive, he is someone we can count on.
I sure as hell hope hillman is that guy too, regardless of where he was drafted. if he is a bronco, i wnat him to bring honor to his uniform!
Morenos perfomance is disapointing
when we start talking VALUE, thats a whole nother beast, and it really muddies the water when discussing wether the guy is worth keeping or not.

I can agree with most of this.

Moreno was drafted into a pretty bad situation, an offense that abandoned the run at times and was totally inept at others, and he managed to be, I believe, 21st in all-purpose yards in the league for his first two seasons.

There's plenty of value for that. Is it exactly first-round value? Probably not, but there's plenty of value with that talent moving forward for the Broncos.

It would be a terrible move to cut him and go with two camp-fodder/practice squad players going into the regular season.

Chef Zambini
05-28-2012, 10:04 AM
moreno, better than he was before the ACL?
what are the odds?
He would gain my respect if he couild accomplish that and justify his spot on the roster.