PDA

View Full Version : Constantly Improving

Denver Native (Carol)
06-04-2009, 10:12 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/constantly-improving/

Jeb Putzier and Vernon Fox stepped to the podium one after another this afternoon, and both seemed upbeat about the progress the team is making day by day.

Thursday marked the seventh day of passing camp, and the team is working extremely hard to make their mark in 2009.

“Definitely in the circumstance that we’re in — the new coaching staff, a new system — that’s imperative, and guys have taken the initiative to be here,” Fox said of the passing camp attendance. “We’re working hard to get better, getting in awesome shape, and I think you can see that on the field each and every day, that we’re gelling as a team.”

In fact, Fox — who played in 10 games in 2008, starting three — thought the team improved significantly this offseason just with some of the roster moves before offseason camps even started.

“I remember (Head) Coach (Josh McDaniels) mentioning that all the pieces that we brought in were guys that were coming from winning organizations, yet they still wanted to be part of what we have going on here,” he said. “I’ve learned something from each and every guy, and I think that if you put it together collectively, it’s something that is going to make us successful on the defensive back end. I’ve seen our ability to make plays, and I think just being more sure of ourselves and our confidence in the guy beside us is just a difference that I’ve seen from last year to this year.”

Putzier is also happy with how his position group has shaped up this offseason, including the addition of rookie Richard Quinn. Putzier said Quinn is learning as he goes, “but that’s the way it is for every rookie on every team in the NFL right now.”

But it’s not just the offseason moves that have Putzier excited about this season. He said the new offense is more about patience — reading and reacting — than any scheme he has ever played in before, and learning how to execute is one of his favorite parts of camps thus far.

He explained that coaches have been putting the team in various situations that help them learn how the offense runs at different times throughout a game.

It may be a practice full of third-down plays, or a practice against a team that runs the Wildcat offense, or practicing attacking a 3-4 defense versus a 4-3 defense.

“They’re putting us in tough situations where we have to think on the move, and it’s great,” Putzier said. “It’s quite a challenge, but if you’re not in the NFL to be challenged, you shouldn’t be here. Everyone has been excited about it.”

-Gray Caldwell, DenverBroncos.com

Lonestar
06-04-2009, 10:44 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/constantly-improving/

Jeb Putzier and Vernon Fox stepped to the podium one after another this afternoon, and both seemed upbeat about the progress the team is making day by day.

Thursday marked the seventh day of passing camp, and the team is working extremely hard to make their mark in 2009.

“Definitely in the circumstance that we’re in — the new coaching staff, a new system — that’s imperative, and guys have taken the initiative to be here,” Fox said of the passing camp attendance. “We’re working hard to get better, getting in awesome shape, and I think you can see that on the field each and every day, that we’re gelling as a team.”

In fact, Fox — who played in 10 games in 2008, starting three — thought the team improved significantly this offseason just with some of the roster moves before offseason camps even started.

“I remember (Head) Coach (Josh McDaniels) mentioning that all the pieces that we brought in were guys that were coming from winning organizations, yet they still wanted to be part of what we have going on here,” he said. “I’ve learned something from each and every guy, and I think that if you put it together collectively, it’s something that is going to make us successful on the defensive back end. I’ve seen our ability to make plays, and I think just being more sure of ourselves and our confidence in the guy beside us is just a difference that I’ve seen from last year to this year.”

Putzier is also happy with how his position group has shaped up this offseason, including the addition of rookie Richard Quinn. Putzier said Quinn is learning as he goes, “but that’s the way it is for every rookie on every team in the NFL right now.”

But it’s not just the offseason moves that have Putzier excited about this season. He said the new offense is more about patience — reading and reacting — than any scheme he has ever played in before, and learning how to execute is one of his favorite parts of camps thus far.

He explained that coaches have been putting the team in various situations that help them learn how the offense runs at different times throughout a game.

It may be a practice full of third-down plays, or a practice against a team that runs the Wildcat offense, or practicing attacking a 3-4 defense versus a 4-3 defense.

“They’re putting us in tough situations where we have to think on the move, and it’s great,” Putzier said. “It’s quite a challenge, but if you’re not in the NFL to be challenged, you shouldn’t be here. Everyone has been excited about it.”

-Gray Caldwell, DenverBroncos.com

HMMMMMM I wonder if that is why Marshall is sitting out.. not ready to be NFL challenged..

Requiem / The Dagda
06-04-2009, 10:46 PM
No, I'm pretty sure Brandon Marshall is back in Florida seeking help from professionals who are great in hip rehabilitation. I think playing through hip pain last year, and racking in over 200 catches in the past two seasons, along with 2,700 yards shows that he is willing to do what it takes to win and likes a good challenge. I can't imagine how good Marshall would have been last year not playing through hip pain.

Thank you for the good article, Carol.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
HMMMMMM I wonder if that is why Marshall is sitting out.. not ready to be NFL challenged..

I don't think rehabbing is the same thing as sitting out :tsk:

bcbronc
06-04-2009, 11:47 PM

so Marshall is officially Jr's new whipping boy?

Requiem / The Dagda
06-04-2009, 11:50 PM

Mike is gone, Jay is now gone -- he had to find a replacement and quick. With Marshall's past legal history and with the spark of a misleading article my Kiszla, our Bronco brother JR decided that Marshall was next on his chopping block. I'm all right with it, but I am just curious who he has in store post-Marshall. Lets start a members pool.

Lonestar
06-05-2009, 02:17 AM

hey no one else wants to take their head out of the sand someone has to..

I was one that said jay was gone long before he officially went.. although the was a short period that I thought it would get fixed..

but deep down I knew he was gone after he started rubbing elbows with Peyton in HNL and living the good life.. I believed at that time it was all about money and I think it still is just can't make demand s quite yet in CHITOWN.. after the baby stint he pulled here..

follow the money.. in BM case he also was in HNL and had a noose hanging over his neck till last week.. now he feels like his shit does not stink and he has the broncos by the balls.. you may buy the I'm rehabbing in fl crap but I do not..

it is all about new contract.. he needed to be here to learn the system that is very complex he is not and the other WR's are.. he needed to be getting to know his QB's and coaches the other WR's are.

while as G~ stated the rehab places in FL are some of the best the hard part is done and it is time to get off the dime and get back to DEN.. will he show next week only time will tell.. I'm guessing he will not.. since there could be more money on the table if he does not show..

Lonestar
06-05-2009, 02:21 AM
I don't think rehabbing is the same thing as sitting out :tsk:

bovine excrement.. he could be rehabbing here where his surgeon is.. and while he is not doing that he could be sitting in on WR meetings and learning the plays with his peers and getting the coaching that the others are getting while standing on the sidelines..

AS G~ said lets just Hope he really is rehabbing at a legit office opposed to lifting weights in his basement..

Elevation inc
06-05-2009, 02:31 AM
hey no one else wants to take their head out of the sand someone has to..

I was one that said jay was gone long before he officially went.. although the was a short period that I thought it would get fixed..

but deep down I knew he was gone after he started rubbing elbows with Peyton in HNL and living the good life.. I believed at that time it was all about money and I think it still is just can't make demand s quite yet in CHITOWN.. after the baby stint he pulled here..

follow the money.. in BM case he also was in HNL and had a noose hanging over his neck till last week.. now he feels like his shit does not stink and he has the broncos by the balls.. you may buy the I'm rehabbing in fl crap but I do not..

it is all about new contract.. he needed to be here to learn the system that is very complex he is not and the other WR's are.. he needed to be getting to know his QB's and coaches the other WR's are.

while as G~ stated the rehab places in FL are some of the best the hard part is done and it is time to get off the dime and get back to DEN.. will he show next week only time will tell.. I'm guessing he will not.. since there could be more money on the table if he does not show..

no injured players are at this passing camp, i dont here ya calling them all out.

what should he do with his qb's to get to know them better when the guy is only 2 months removed from hip surgery, stay and say wow kyle that was a good throw, wanna do lunch later *pats orton on ass*, sucks i cant be out there, but it sure is fun here watching on the sidelines....i mean josh is going so fast its impossible to keep up from way over here....glad im here though instead of rehabbing my hip with elite professionals to get back my explosiveness, i mean that JRWIZ from broncos forums is right, why rehab a hip when i can just sit here and BS with you kyle...its great.....who needs hip rehab anyways, i mean the trainers here are great at rehab, even if they did tell me i was fine all last year......

POINT......the sky is falling the sky is falling.....lol

Elevation inc
06-05-2009, 02:33 AM
bovine excrement.. he could be rehabbing here where his surgeon is.. and while he is not doing that he could be sitting in on WR meetings and learning the plays with his peers and getting the coaching that the others are getting while standing on the sidelines..

AS G~ said lets just Hope he really is rehabbing at a legit office opposed to lifting weights in his basement..

surgeons do surgery not rehab....trainers and people like the ones in orlando are who you go to for rehab.....

when i blew out my ACL it wasnt my surgeon doing my rehab, there is a reason for that, they are different doctors with different skills and qualifications.....

Lonestar
06-05-2009, 02:39 AM
no injured players are at this passing camp, i dont here ya calling them all out.

what should he do with his qb's to get to know them better when the guy is only 2 months removed from hip surgery, stay and say wow kyle that was a good throw, wanna do lunch later *pats orton on ass*, sucks i cant be out there, but it sure is fun here watching on the sidelines....i mean josh is going so fast its impossible to keep up from way over here....glad im here though instead of rehabbing my hip with elite professionals to get back my explosiveness, i mean that JRWIZ from broncos forums is right, why rehab a hip when i can just sit here and BS with you kyle...its great.....who needs hip rehab anyways, i mean the trainers here are great at rehab, even if they did tell me i was fine all last year......

how many WR are injured and while they may not be on the field does that mean that non of the IR players are not setting in on meetings or on the field observing .., YOU do not know that any more that I do..

All Josh has said is they are not participating either.. I read that as they can't until they get a doctors release..

In case you have never been on a team they becomes a team during these type of get togethers.. they learn with and from each other it is not all just done on Sundays.. setting in the meetings and learning from the coaches as to what they expect.. he is missing all of this.. will it be repeated sure but the point is he is missing it NOW where the other guys it will be just reinforcement..

Sorry you do not get it but the broncos are going to be a team this year unlike the past few..

Lonestar
06-05-2009, 02:44 AM
surgeons do surgery not rehab....trainers and people like the ones in orlando are who you go to for rehab.....

when i blew out my ACL it wasnt my surgeon doing my rehab, there is a reason for that, they are different doctors with different skills and qualifications.....

but they consult with each other also and IF you have a problem they do want to see you back there..

I know about rehab been there and done that.. in my case the surgeon is part of the rehab group.. and the rehab group was part of the surgery group.. what used to be a HUGE supermarket is now one stop expect for the surgery part center.. but then it ma not be that sophisticated.. in a cow town like DEN.. I know it was that way when I used to go to the Rams and Laker's facility when I worked in LA..

Elevation inc
06-05-2009, 02:52 AM
but they consult with each other also and IF you have a problem they do want to see you back there..

obviously marshall hasnt had any snags then in his rehab....and if he did the telphone works wonders for communication...to bad jay didnt know that...lol

I know about rehab been there and done that.. in my case the surgeon is part of the rehab group.. and the rehab group was part of the surgery group.. what used to be a HUGE supermarket is now one stop expect for the surgery part center.. but then it ma not be that sophisticated.. in a cow town like DEN.. I know it was that way when I used to go to the Rams and Laker's facility when I worked in LA..

i can imagine it would be that way in LA, mine was in washington another small market area...

ten characters...

Lonestar
06-05-2009, 02:56 AM
ten characters...

guess your saying that denver is a small cow town and does not have quality doctors or facilities..:salute:

Elevation inc
06-05-2009, 03:35 AM
guess your saying that denver is a small cow town and does not have quality doctors or facilities..:salute:

yeah thats what i said....MR king of spin....:lol:....

elsid13
06-05-2009, 04:56 AM

The guy is rehabbing after hip surgery. Please get over it.

Lonestar
06-05-2009, 02:32 PM
The guy is rehabbing after hip surgery. Please get over it.

yep like jay was going to be at the work outs because he did so for his teammates..

keep that faith..

frauschieze
06-05-2009, 03:19 PM
yep like jay was going to be at the work outs because he did so for his teammates..

keep that faith..

So you think Marshall should be there even though EVERY OTHER REHABBING PLAYER is not?

Requiem / The Dagda
06-05-2009, 03:23 PM
So you think Marshall should be there even though EVERY OTHER REHABBING PLAYER is not?

You already know the answer, sweetie.

elsid13
06-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Actually not only should Marshall putting his career at risk by participating in voluntary camp and not rehabbing, but he should also be apologizing for not praising Paxton more.

Lonestar
06-05-2009, 04:40 PM

do you have proof that other players are not attending the meetings and watching from the sidelines..

or are you going off the comment Josh made about them not particapating (on the field). Wanna bet they are NOT there and at least setting in on meetings wiith there working groups.. interacting with there fellow teammates..

Actually not only should Marshall putting his career at risk by participating in voluntary camp and not rehabbing, but he should also be apologizing for not praising Paxton more.

Seems to me he was here a few week ago Participating in mandatory camp..
and rehabbing here..

wake up smell the roses folks he is sending the broncos a message about wanting a pay raise.. that is all.. he is not doing anything in FL that he can't do here.. other than miss all of those group meeting learning the playbook with his peers..

wait they must be video conferencing for him to keep him up to date ..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

broncfn90
06-05-2009, 04:41 PM
constantly improving? hahahaha ya we are constantly improving...

nevcraw
06-05-2009, 04:56 PM
m u s t c l i c k o u t of t h r e a d b e f o r e g e t t i n g s t u c k!!

horsepig
06-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Every rehabbing player SHOULD be HERE.

Are you kidding me? This is not Floyd Little's AFL, $35000 contracts, must sell cars in off-season.

These guys make multi-millions and should be taking effing ballet lessons fer christ's sake!

Get a nutritionist, a speed coach, an agility guy and your chances of making the team are increased, as are your chances of getting $$$$$$.

Get your ass away from the "homey's" and get to know the new coaches, system, etc... and you're gonna be way ahead in the long run.

Again, this is not 1970.

bcbronc
06-05-2009, 10:04 PM

are you trying to suggest that sitting in a classroom and then standing on a sideline for a few hours a day ISN'T the best way to rehab hip surgery? okay, it might not be the best way, but I'm pretty certain it's in the top three.

Get your ass away from the "homey's" and get to know the new coaches, system, etc... and you're gonna be way ahead in the long run.

Again, this is not 1970.

homey's....gotcha....