PDA

View Full Version : Since 1960......

Superchop 7
05-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Only 3 QB's drafted in the 2nd round have EVER made the pro bowl since 1960.

For whoever was wondering what the odds are.......here ya go.

The Glue Factory
05-24-2012, 04:34 PM
And Os could be #4. Let's wait and see what happens. Maybe we end up drafting a really good QB before or just after Peyton hangs it up. Maybe Os becomes the second coming of Brady.

SR
05-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Good talk.

Day1BroncoFan
05-24-2012, 04:41 PM
It still adds up to one thing, we won't know til we know.

OrangeHoof
05-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Brett Favre was one of them (taken by the Falcons). Wasn't Drew Brees also a second or am I mistaken?

Matt Schaub was a 3rd. I'd take that production out of Os.

Northman
05-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Jesus effing christ.......

underrated29
05-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Jesus effing christ.......

I believe this thread is a travesty, no a shame, no a mockery, no its a travistshamockery of the thread cugel made a little while back. Satirical in nature this superchop is.

NightTrainLayne
05-24-2012, 04:54 PM
For the record, I don't think a single kicker taken in the second round has ever made it to the pro-bowl.

The Glue Factory
05-24-2012, 05:20 PM
I wonder how many undrafted WR's have made it to the PB? Surely those numbers are smaller than 2nd rd QBs doing the same.

Northman
05-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Wonder if Anubis will ever make the team after being drafted year after year....

MileHighCrew
05-24-2012, 05:25 PM
good thing this season is riding on our 2nd round QB

Davii
05-24-2012, 05:41 PM
OMG! We must find a way to convert Os to a TE or something! Superflop, can you please tell me who those three were because I can think of two just off the to of my head so I'm questioning your numbers. Also, how many 7th rounders made probowls? Curious.

Dzone
05-24-2012, 05:43 PM
1960? I remember it like it was yesterday. Brings back memories of Gino Cappeleti ,Cookie Gilchrist and Goose Gounsolin

slim
05-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Total BS.

I can think of 4 just off the top of my head.

slim
05-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Seriously....WTF are you thinking?

ShaneFalco
05-24-2012, 06:30 PM
hey well the Rams still not have drafted a WR in the first, since 13 years ago. It could be worse.

topscribe
05-24-2012, 06:32 PM
1960? I remember it like it was yesterday. Brings back memories of Gino Cappeleti ,Cookie Gilchrist and Goose Gounsolin
Actually, Cookie Gilchrist didn't join the Broncos until 1965, IIRC.

But I get your drift. :D

topscribe
05-24-2012, 06:33 PM
All these odds being tossed at Osweiler is making me wonder why he's being treated like a pair of dice . . .

HORSEPOWER 56
05-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Look Chopper, we didn't draft your boy Foles and you hate Osweiler, we get it. Given the current circumstances, I'd give Osweiler much better odds of being a productive NFL QB than Foles.

When Foles makes his first probowl and Oz washes out, please feel free to bump this thread, but until then, for the love of all that it holy, give it a rest. Seriously, nobody gives a shit and we don't need a new thread praising Foles and/or ripping Oz every other day...

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 07:12 PM
kurt warner, not drafted at all.
brady sixth round
romo was he even drafted?
warren moon.
where Os was drafted will aheve NOTHING to do with his ability or his success.

topscribe
05-24-2012, 07:47 PM
kurt warner, not drafted at all.
brady sixth round
romo was he even drafted?
warren moon.
where Os was drafted will aheve NOTHING to do with his ability or his success.
Oh, I'm sure before they invested a 2nd round selection in Osweiler they had a pretty good idea of his abilities and potential for success . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
05-24-2012, 08:08 PM
According to this, the first ProBowl game was played in 1971

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10540742

MOtorboat
05-24-2012, 08:10 PM
For the record, 11 second round quarterbacks have earned Pro Bowl appearances since 1960.

Timmy!
05-24-2012, 08:17 PM
For the record, 11 second round quarterbacks have earned Pro Bowl appearances since 1960.

Lol. Thread fail.

Davii
05-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Hmmmm, off by a lot there SuperFlop...

Simple Jaded
05-24-2012, 09:42 PM
I've seen Osweiler and Foles play in college and I can't understand why anyone would get so bent out of shape about either of them. Neither is that good or that bad to provoke this level of obsession.

Btw, how many 3rd round QB's have made the ProBowl?.......

MOtorboat
05-24-2012, 09:54 PM
I've seen Osweiler and Foles play in college and I can't understand why anyone would get so bent out of shape about either of them. Neither is that good or that bad to provoke this level of obsession.

Btw, how many 3rd round QB's have made the ProBowl?.......

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Oh, I'm sure before they invested a 2nd round selection in Osweiler they had a pretty good idea of his abilities and potential for success . . .with all due respect...
ryan leaf'
jamarcus russel
geoff george
for every success there is a failure, for every second round bust a later round hero.
its all a crap shoot, thats my point. Nothing against os, nothing against the guys that selected him...
you just dont know...
not even a heisman trophy winner comes with a guarantee, or a winner of a national title.
os could be the next aaron rogers or the next david carr.

MOtorboat
05-24-2012, 10:05 PM
with all due respect...
ryan leaf'
jamarcus russel
geoff george
for every success there is a failure, for every second round bust a later round hero.
its all a crap shoot, thats my point. Nothing against os, nothing against the guys that selected him...
you just dont know...
not even a heisman trophy winner comes with a guarantee, or a winner of a national title.
os could be the next aaron rogers or the next david carr.

If we don't know, why did you anoint Kellen Moore?

Simple Jaded
05-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Considering the Eagles took Foles in the 3rd, wouldn't the Broncos have missed out on drafting him if they didn't take Osweiler in the 2nd? I sincerely hope Chop wouldn't have expected Denver to trade up to get Foles like they did Hillman. That means Denver would have been stuck with Hanie and Weber at QB.

And they sure as hell shouldn't have taken Foles in the 2nd.......right, Chop?

So there ya have it, the Broncos couldn't have drafted Foles anyway, so all of this is pointless.......

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 10:13 PM
some guys you do know...
luck,RG3
...and I think, i dont know for sure, but I feel very confident that kellen moore is smart enough, accurate enough, experienced enough, field tested enough, to come in this season and successfully run an NFL offense.
he just isnt tall enough, according to some. and for me thats just extra motivation for him !
the last time I was so certain about a college players eventual success in the NFL it was marshall faulk.
Most said he was too small too.

MOtorboat
05-24-2012, 10:15 PM
So, it's a crap shoot unless you deem the prospect ready?

I'm sorry, but this is so comical...

NorCalBronco7
05-24-2012, 10:45 PM
All these odds being tossed at Osweiler is making me wonder why he's being treated like a pair of dice . . .

Well played.

dogfish
05-24-2012, 10:49 PM
my posse's on broadway!!

Day1BroncoFan
05-24-2012, 11:21 PM
You know what? Who gives a crap!

chazoe60
05-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Holy shit will we ever stop seeing these shitty threads? We get it, the Broncos are the dumbest team in history because they drafted a QB in the second round which never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever works out.

shank
05-25-2012, 01:12 AM
bleh bladh beep plooper bango famdam woka jin jing jingjing adobob playwoa fimmer.

/thread.

TXBRONC
05-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Only 3 QB's drafted in the 2nd round have EVER made the pro bowl since 1960.

For whoever was wondering what the odds are.......here ya go.

Would you have even mentioned this if we had taken Foles?

slim
05-25-2012, 07:30 AM

Well this is just embarrassing.

slim
05-25-2012, 07:31 AM
the last time I was so certain about a college players eventual success in the NFL it was marshall faulk.

:lol:

Northman
05-25-2012, 07:39 AM
some guys you do know...
luck,RG3
...and I think, i dont know for sure, but I feel very confident that kellen moore is smart enough, accurate enough, experienced enough, field tested enough, to come in this season and successfully run an NFL offense.
he just isnt tall enough, according to some. and for me thats just extra motivation for him !

Yes, because Brock has not motivation at all. :rolleyes:

claymore
05-25-2012, 07:54 AM
My problem with Brock isnt where he was drafted, or his height. My problem with him is that I cant see any of his upside. Everything he does, Run, throw and decision making are all subpar to my untrained eye. He looks awkward, and his throws are mediocre at best IMO.

Northman
05-25-2012, 08:06 AM
My problem with Brock isnt where he was drafted, or his height. My problem with him is that I cant see any of his upside. Everything he does, Run, throw and decision making are all subpar to my untrained eye. He looks awkward, and his throws are mediocre at best IMO.

And those are fair criticisms but at least you have been just honest that you dont care for him. With some others its this constant dancing around making the most insane comparison's that comes off totally moronic.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Yes, because Brock has not motivation at all. :rolleyes:northman, fellow bronco fan, I was NOT asked my opinion of Brock, I was asked why i was so confident that kellen moore would succeed, in the face of saying most draftees, especially QBs are a crap shoot.
I dont have a strong opinion of Os, one way or the other. "not ready for prime time" is what i hear from almost every pundant, and the guy who drafted him called him a "project" and I have not heard him talk about the "future QBs ability to win games NOW.
ELWAY called him a sacrifice of the present.
OS is in a good situation, with time and dedication, he has a better chance than most to succeed, but I have yet to hear anyone confirm any special quality or distinction that would make the kid stand out.other than just standing TALL.
We will just have to wait and see what he is made of, and HOPE he is not called to service before he is ready to take hold of the reins.

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 08:10 AM
northman, fellow bronco fan, I was NOT asked my opinion of Brock, I was asked why i was so confident that kellen moore would succeed, in the face of saying most draftees, especially QBs are a crap shoot.
I dont have a strong opinion of Os, one way or the other. "not ready for prime time" is what i hear from almost every pundant, and the guy who drafted him called him a "project" and I have not heard him talk about the "future QBs ability to win games NOW.
ELWAY called him a sacrifice of the present.
OS is in a good situation, with time and dedication, he has a better chance than most to succeed, but I have yet to hear anyone confirm any special quality or distinction that would make the kid stand out.other than just standing TALL.
We will just have to wait and see what he is made of, and HOPE he is not called to service before he is ready to take hold of the reins.

You're going to twist that quote for years aren't you? He was referring to, as I have been corrected, the FOURTH ROUND PICK used for RONNIE HILLMAN. NOT Osweiler.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:12 AM
seriosly?
are you now going to deny that JE rtesponded to a question about using the second round pick for B>O> by saying sometimes you have to sacrifice the presnt for the future?
really is that your contention?
now you want to pin it on hillman?
are your brocko's press agent?

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 08:17 AM
seriosly?
are you now going to deny that JE rtesponded to a question about using the second round pick for B>O> by saying sometimes you have to sacrifice the presnt for the future?
really is that your contention?
now you want to pin it on hillman?
are your brocko's press agent?

I stand corrected. (Because I found the quote, not because you've ever actually referenced his words, you're still twisting those.)

Back to your Osweiler bashing and strange love for Kellen Moore rants.

slim
I want to hear more about how no one thought Marshall Faulk was big enough to play in the NFL.

Chef Zambini
You're going to twist that quote for years aren't you? He was referring to, as I have been corrected, the FOURTH ROUND PICK used for RONNIE HILLMAN. NOT Osweiler.oh really, well then perhaps yopu can explain away this exact quote from JE taken from the denver post:

"We are set for the future, and he's our guy for the future. Sometimes you have to sacrifice the short term for the long term to draft a guy that you believe can be that next guy for you, and that's Brock Osweiler."

Read more: On QB Brock Osweiler, Broncos' John Elway gives strong endorsement - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20628978/qb-brock-osweiler-broncos-john-elway-gives-strong#ixzz1vt3RNeH0
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

claymore
I want to hear more about how no one thought Marshall Faulk was big enough to play in the NFL.

He was a steal in the 7th round.

slim
05-25-2012, 08:19 AM
He was a steal in the 7th round.

The NFL scouting world really missed the boat on that one.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:21 AM
I stand corrected. (Because I found the quote, not because you've ever actually referenced his words, you're still twisting those.)

Back to your Osweiler bashing and strange love for Kellen Moore rants.I applaude you for admitting your mistake

claymore
05-25-2012, 08:32 AM
I applaude you for admitting your mistake

You Hammered Mo like Nut does the canine species.

Rick
05-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Just be glad of one thing. So far in the otas I have heard almost nothing about our backup project qb. Almost everything is about our hall of fame first string qb. There finnaly is a clear cut definitive starter who almost all the bronco nation and nfl nation combined agree on and can get behind. We no longer have a circus with more talk about our project backup than our starter.

I am willing to atleast give brock an off season and pre season games to see how he looks and give him time to develop and am thrilled that my backup isn't getting more attention than my starter.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:56 AM
I want to hear more about how no one thought Marshall Faulk was big enough to play in the NFL.he was considerd too small by major college programs, thats how he ended up at san diego state instead of LSU or UCLA or USC.
I think we all know he was the second overall pick,but love the sarcasm.

slim
05-25-2012, 09:04 AM
he was considerd too small by major college programs, thats how he ended up at san diego state instead of LSU or UCLA or USC.
I think we all know he was the second overall pick,but love the sarcasm.

I see. So you knew he would be a successful NFL running back when he was being recruited out of high school.

That is impressive.

MasterShake
05-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Since 2007, only 5 quarterbacks have won Super Bowls. One of them is our starter this year. I don't even know who the hell Brock Ozweller is and I hope I don't until Manning retires with 4 consecutive Lombardi trophies.

slim
05-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Since 2007, only 5 quarterbacks have won Super Bowls. One of them is our starter this year. I don't even know who the hell Brock Ozweller is and I hope I don't until Manning retires with 4 consecutive Lombardi trophies.

So in the last five years only 5 QBs have won super bowls? Now that is a stat that makes sense (Zam, take note).

chazoe60
05-25-2012, 09:15 AM
I think we should lynch that dammed Osweiler character for screwing up our franchise forever. Who the Hell does he think he is?

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 09:15 AM
I see. So you knew he would be a successful NFL running back when he was being recruited out of high school.

That is impressive.I said he was also considered too small.
but you make that out to be whatever you want and then attack your own extrapolation while pinning it to me.

Jsteve01
05-25-2012, 09:42 AM
where is chop to own up the this pile of poop...someone queue tubby

slim
05-25-2012, 09:49 AM
I said he was also considered too small.
but you make that out to be whatever you want and then attack your own extrapolation while pinning it to me.

You made a ridiculous statement to prop up your point about Moore. That is what I am pinning on you.

BTW, I happen to like KM as well. His height means nothing to me.

underrated29
05-25-2012, 11:16 AM

okay tough guy....how many sixteenth round qbs have made the pro bowl?

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 11:23 AM
okay tough guy....how many sixteenth round qbs have made the pro bowl?

But he didn't play for the team who drafted him in the 16th round.

Roger Staubach was drafted by the Chiefs in the 16th round of the 1964 AFL Draft.

underrated29
05-25-2012, 12:00 PM

But he didn't play for the team who drafted him in the 16th round.

Roger Staubach was drafted by the Chiefs in the 16th round of the 1964 AFL Draft.

OH, This guy's Good!

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 12:22 PM
OH, This guy's Good!

Pro Football Reference is good.

underrated29
05-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Shut up mo and take the recognition.

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Shut up mo and take the recognition.

I'm pointing it out how ridiculously easy it is to look this shit up before making a stupid thread.

:wave:

Cugel
05-25-2012, 12:44 PM
I believe this thread is a travesty, no a shame, no a mockery, no its a travistshamockery of the thread cugel made a little while back. Satirical in nature this superchop is.

Feel free to mock as much as you like. It's a free boards. :coffee:

All I argued is "this is what the statistics show." PERIOD.

And everybody gets offended and tries to say "but it could happen some other way." Or, "the statistics don't matter."

Well, they do matter. That's why Vegas casinos stay in business and people who "feel lucky" or think "it could happen that I hit the jackpot" borrow money to get to the airport and slink out of town.

The statistics tell you what you should expect. If that treads all over your enthusiasm, then ignore it. Believe whatever you want.

Personally, I'm going to wait and see if Osweiler ever develops into an elite QB. Maybe Elway is right. If he does, great!

But, that ain't the way to bet.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Earlier in this thread, I posted a link that stated the first pro bowl was in 1971, but the thread title references 1960. Which is correct - the link or the reference in the thread title?

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Earlier in this thread, I posted a link that stated the first pro bowl was in 1971, but the thread title references 1960. Which is correct - the link or the reference in the thread title?

I believe, without looking it up, 1971 was the first Pro Bowl as in AFC vs. NFC, but there's been an NFL Pro Bowl, or All-Star game going back to the 1950s. I think they might have faced college all-stars.

That said, nothing in the OP is correct, anyway.

slim
05-25-2012, 12:51 PM
I believe, without looking it up, 1971 was the first Pro Bowl as in AFC vs. NFC, but there's been an NFL Pro Bowl, or All-Star game going back to the 1950s. I think they might have faced college all-stars.

That said, nothing in the OP is correct, anyway.

Does he get credit for spelling his user name correctly?

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Does he get credit for spelling his user name correctly?

Hell no. My browser remembers that for me.

Cugel
05-25-2012, 12:54 PM

You of all people ought to understand the way statistics works, Top! Black mark on your report card! :tsk:

Statistics say NOTHING about whether Osweiler will or won't make it.

What they DO say is what percentage chance there is that a QB taken at #57 or later becomes a good QB, or an elite QB based on a given sample.

They state what chance there is that a particular event will fall within a given range.

What they do NOT say is that any particular event CANNOT fall outside the predicted range!

A QB taken in the 6th round CAN become Tom Brady. It CAN happen. The odds are just against it that's all.

And we say that the odds are against it because we can look at well over 100 QBs taken after #56 in the 2nd round over the last 12 years and see that only Matt Schaub has been any good.

Once again that does NOT prove that Osweiler won't be any good. We'll have to wait and see about that.

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 12:58 PM
20.4 percent of all second round quarterbacks have been to a Pro Bowl.

So you've got about a 1 in 5 chance that Osweiler is a decent quarterback.

As we established when HammeredOut was on his "left-handed" kick, of all quarterbacks drafted, about 15 percent "pan out" and my standards when I looked at those numbers weren't as lofty as Pro Bowl-level.

Therefore, I'd say it's probably a one in four, or one in three chance of Osweiler "panning out."

BroncoNut
05-25-2012, 01:03 PM
well, it seems like superchop should get some facts straight before starting threads.

what is the success rate of blond haired qbs in comparision to their brunette counterparts anyway?

underrated29
05-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Feel free to mock as much as you like. It's a free boards. :coffee:

Well, they do matter. That's why Vegas casinos stay in business and people who "feel lucky" or think "it could happen that I hit the jackpot" borrow money to get to the airport and slink out of town.

Dont sell your hair to a wig shop.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 01:21 PM
in 1960...
the broncos were born.
I was 5 years old and I saw the very first game they ever played.
it was against D. U.
yep thaTS RIGHT, BACK THEN du HAD A FOOTBALL TEAM.
the broncos got their asses kicked !
it was the first football game i ever saw. I learned about football and sarcasm all on the same day !
I have been a loyal bronco fan ever since.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-25-2012, 01:22 PM
First - fans vote for pro bowl players = popularity contest - fans' votes count for 1/3rd - Second - many players chosen to play in the pro bowl do not play - either because of injury, or do not want to play. Therefore, in going along with the theme of the thread, based on the above, there is NO WAY anyone can assume anything in regards to who has played in the pro bowls in past years.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 01:27 PM
You made a ridiculous statement to prop up your point about Moore. That is what I am pinning on you.

BTW, I happen to like KM as well. His height means nothing to me.what was that rediculous statement?
"many considerd him too small too?"
sorry I got that impressin from faulks own mouth when he talked about his own career path. I guess marshall is also rediculous when it comes to his own recolection of how he was perceived.
they should throw him out of canton for being so rediculous, becxause he made those very comments in his induction ceremony !

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Ridiculous does not have an "e" in it for Pete's sake!

BroncoNut
05-25-2012, 01:32 PM
the broncos sucked really bad for several years at first.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 01:35 PM

who is this guy "PETE" and why should I care about his well being/
is he a blonde haired QB draFTED IN THE SECOND ROUND?
just exactly how many guys named PETE have won a superbowl as a replacement QB ?
is this your idea of the PETER principle?

BroncoNut
05-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Zam, this may be a topic for another thread, but what kind of bike do you ride? what is your opinion on such brandnames as Trek, Schwinn, Cannondale, Jamis, Ironhorse, Giant, etc?

BroncoNut
05-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Zam, this may be a topic for another thread, but what kind of bike do you ride? what is your opinion on such brandnames as Trek, Schwinn, Cannondale, Jamis, Ironhorse, Giant, etc?

Or day1 for that matter, maybe we should fire up a thread on the topic

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 02:10 PM
I now have a commuter bike, a GIANT.
I have owned TREK
and SPECIALIZED too
I always had a road bike until I moved to SEDONA, then went mountain bike !
My grandfather was the first to bring SCHWINN across the missisipi to western america!
His shop in downtown denver was HOUSE OF WHEELS.
His company was petite cycle supply, and he was the first to IMPORT japanese bikes to america after WW2
his own brand was AMERICAN FLYER
and the little red wagon now so popular , that was his design and idea.
his antique bicycle collection is now a part of the smithsoneon museum, but few if any are on display.
My grandfather is long gone, but he would be thrilled to see the popularity that cycling now enjoys in america , sadly, he passed away before greg lemond won his first TDF !

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 02:18 PM
trek made in america ( the frame) but most bike manufactures buy their various parts form other component manufacturesrs.
I look for SHIMANO of components as well as frame and wheel construction. These are the most important parts of a bike, regardless of type and manufacturer.
CAMPONOLO is also outstanding, but very rare to find on a "brand' bicycle sold in the U.S.
My brothers road bike is a graphite frame and predominantly shimano custom components, it weighs less than 12 pounds.
he also spent more than 6g on it !
I dont have that kind of coin !
My bad back allows me to roll on the bike paths, my days of mountain biking and 100 mile rides are long gone.
when the weather is nice, I ride my bike to work.
if you have a specific question about a particular bike, maybe a new thread would be approprite.

topscribe
05-25-2012, 02:40 PM
You are definately correct. :D

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 02:49 PM
You are definately correct. :D...and definitely does not have an "A", but somehow I think you alreadt knew that.

chazoe60
05-25-2012, 03:58 PM
...and definitely does not have an "A", but somehow I think you alreadt knew that.

And already doesn't have a "t" in it.

topscribe
05-25-2012, 04:05 PM
...and definitely does not have an "A", but somehow I think you alreadt knew that.
What gave you that clue? The grinning smilie, maybe?

Dzone
05-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Stats? How about the stat says NO quarterback that tall has ever amounted to shyt. Therefore "Too Tall" Brock is going to suck. Elway should have his head examined for making this pick. Doesnt he know tall guys suck?
:pound:

The Glue Factory
05-25-2012, 04:57 PM
CAMPONOLO is also outstanding, but very rare to find on a "brand' bicycle sold in the U.S.

It's Campaignolo which are typically included on Bianchi frames (Itallians are some of the best bike makers in the world) which have quite affordable frames.

www.bianchiusa.com (Bianchi)
www.campagnolo.com (Campagnolo)

shank
05-25-2012, 08:56 PM

look at you nut! your go-getter attitude may have just turned this thread into something that benefits someone somewhere maybe someday, instead of the dynamite abortion that it started out as.

chazoe60
05-25-2012, 11:40 PM
So far I'm learning that according to stats, the all knowing force that pull the strings of all humanity like an insanely power hungry puppeteer, the only QBs with any actual shot of making it are between 6'2" and 6'6" and drafted in the top twenty of the draft.

dogfish
05-26-2012, 12:22 AM
So far I'm learning that according to stats, the all knowing force that pull the strings of all humanity like an insanely power hungry puppeteer, the only QBs with any actual shot of making it are between 6'2" and 6'6" and drafted in the top twenty of the draft.

dude! drew brees is, like, 6'1" max!

chazoe60
05-26-2012, 06:47 AM
dude! drew brees is, like, 6'1" max!

And drafted in the second round and Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, but those are anomolies that count not dog. You really should brush up on your Superchop and Cugel, they have a higher understanding of stats and QB matrixes.

BroncoNut
05-26-2012, 09:01 AM
if you have a specific question about a particular bike, maybe a new thread would be approprite.

I had already suggested that

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 09:10 AM
I had already suggested thatwhere would the thread go/
should we lockit up overnight?
and what if we want to use the thread at night, will we need lights and reflectors/
are we required to wear a helmet when we post?

MOtorboat
05-26-2012, 09:15 AM
where would the thread go/
should we lockit up overnight?
and what if we want to use the thread at night, will we need lights and reflectors/
are we required to wear a helmet when we post?

Aren't you required to wear a helmet all the time?

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 09:30 AM
I have started a bicycle thread in OTHER SPORTS, cycle enthusisasts and guys like beef who just like men in tight pants are welcome to check it out !

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Aren't you required to wear a helmet all the time?yep, kinda like your floatation device.