PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Mike Adams hoping to uphold tradition of No. 20

Denver Native (Carol)
05-23-2012, 10:09 AM
It was almost unsettling for Mike Adams this week as the Broncos' defense lined up for the first time against the Broncos' offense.

Yet there he was, as a first-team safety, sharing a defensive backfield with guys such as Champ Bailey and Tracy Porter. Not that Adams isn't used to being a starter — the veteran started 16 games for the Browns last season. He's just used to being the underdog player, the guy who climbs the depth chart through practice.

"I've never walked into a situation where it was like, 'Oh, I've got the job. I can be comfortable.' I came from behind every time. Every time," Adams said. "I'm more comfortable coming from behind."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20686132/broncos-mike-adams-hoping-uphold-tradition-no-20

Cugel
05-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Really, the only question is whether Rahim Moore will be the backup or whether one of the other S's on the team (or some FA acquisition) will come in and take that role.

Moore really needs to have a good pre-season to get the coaches' confidence back again after he seemed to regress last season.

Adams is a good cover safety who had his best year last year for the Browns when he started 16 games and had 64 tackles, 3 Ints, 6 passes defended. That's a good year. He certainly is the best Broncos FS they've had in many years.

The Glue Factory
05-23-2012, 12:30 PM
'Oh, I've got the job. I can be comfortable.'

That's not a good attitude to have in camp. Next step is playing backup to the starter who was a backup that displayed more hunger to be starter. And Gronk should know that.