PDA

View Full Version : Thanks MLB for screwing the Rockies!

sneakers
10-24-2007, 08:09 PM
You shouldn't punish a team for sweeping the other team in the NLCS. 9 days off? Make the other guys play every day.

BroncoWave
10-24-2007, 08:47 PM
So they can't punish the Rockies for a sweep but it's ok for them to punish the Indians/Red Sox for going 7 games? That's not too fair!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2007, 09:05 PM
You shouldn't punish a team for sweeping the other team in the NLCS. 9 days off? Make the other guys play every day.

Don't think there is a way they could handle the total difference in the way the two championship series happened, but hopefully, the Rockies get all the rust out this game.

broncosfanscott
10-24-2007, 09:19 PM
There isn't really anything you can do. Having eight days off is the downside to sweeping a series when the other one goes seven. I have seen teams play well after a long break and some that don't. Hopefully for the Rockies this is only a one game thing. The only problem I would have had is if the Indians had won the series in 5 games, both teams would have had to wait almost a week for WS game 1.

sneakers
10-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Cle/Bost could have played the remaining 4 games of their series in 6 days versus 4 games in 8 days.

lex
10-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Cle/Bost could have played the remaining 4 games of their series in 6 days versus 4 games in 8 days.

Bingo. What was with playing 3 games in 4 days while the series was in Cleveland? Whats with waiting 3 days after game 7 of the ALCS to begin the WS? Its BS! Das ist ungerecht!!!

Requiem / The Dagda
10-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Like I said, Red Sox in four games. They're going to beat Colorado's asses into the pavement.

Kapaibro
10-25-2007, 04:52 AM
Like I said, Red Sox in four games. They're going to beat Colorado's asses into the pavement.

This is not the place to discuss what you think will happen.

This is a discussion about why there was such a huge delay.

sneakers
10-25-2007, 05:00 AM

Well at least baseball isn't as bad as the NBA yet when it comes to slow playoffs series.

They play a game, day off, play a game, 2 days off (switch city), play a game, day off, etc.

Edit: The NFL it is a different story. Statistically the game in which they have a 2 week break before the Superbowl are a lot more closer than games that have only the one week.

WTE
10-25-2007, 06:06 AM

There you go telling everyone how to properly behave again.

BTW, I'll tell you what's gonna happen....

More rust from Colorado's SP's and continued implosion from their bullpen.

BroncoWave
10-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Bingo. What was with playing 3 games in 4 days while the series was in Cleveland? Whats with waiting 3 days after game 7 of the ALCS to begin the WS? Its BS! Das ist ungerecht!!!

Like I said, it would be unfair to punish the Red Sox for going 7 games. It sucks for the Rockies but the way it is now is the fairest way.

lex
10-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Like I said, it would be unfair to punish the Red Sox for going 7 games. It sucks for the Rockies but the way it is now is the fairest way.

Actually you never addressed why it took 4 days to play 3 games in Cleveland. Also, if one team is going to be penalized, shouldn't it not be the team that took care of business faster? There should be some benefit to taking care of business. As it is theres none. The notion that the Red Sox would be penalized by starting the WS on Tuesday isnt even much of an argument really.

BroncoWave
10-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Actually you never addressed why it took 4 days to play 3 games in Cleveland. Also, if one team is going to be penalized, shouldn't it not be the team that took care of business faster? There should be some benefit to taking care of business. As it is theres none. The notion that the Red Sox would be penalized by starting the WS on Tuesday isnt even much of an argument really.

Because changing the schedule in the middle of the series wouldn't be fair to the fans who made plans to attend the games. Changing the schedule might also mess up some of the pitching staff. It might not seem fair to the Rockies, but changing the schedule wouldn't have been fair to the Red Sox, Indians, or their fans either.

lex
10-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Because changing the schedule in the middle of the series wouldn't be fair to the fans who made plans to attend the games. Changing the schedule might also mess up some of the pitching staff. It might not seem fair to the Rockies, but changing the schedule wouldn't have been fair to the Red Sox, Indians, or their fans either.

No, youre not getting it. Im not advocating that they should have spontaneously changed the schedule. I agree with you that this would not be fair. But when they created the schedule they should have done so with more care to safeguard against precisely what happened. And the 3 games in 4 days at Cleveland and the 3 day layoff after the ALCS game 7 might have really screwed Colorado.

BroncoWave
10-25-2007, 07:17 PM
No, youre not getting it. Im not advocating that they should have spontaneously changed the schedule. I agree with you that this would not be fair. But when they created the schedule they should have done so with more care to safeguard against precisely what happened. And the 3 games in 4 days at Cleveland and the 3 day layoff after the ALCS game 7 might have really screwed Colorado.

Ok, I can see your point there. I don't like that they added the extra day off either. Maybe what happened this season will force them to change it.

Kapaibro
10-25-2007, 08:08 PM
If they can play 162 games with bugger all days off, I fail to see why so many days off are needed in the post-season.

broncosfanscott
10-27-2007, 07:30 PM
If they can play 162 games with bugger all days off, I fail to see why so many days off are needed in the post-season.

Me neither. Unfortunatly the World Series starts on a specific day regardless of when the LCS finish. I personally think the season is way too long because the 7th game of the WS shouldn't be in November.