PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Champ Bailey still cornerback through and through

Denver Native (Carol)
05-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Fourteen years into his NFL career and Champ Bailey said the video doesn't lie.

If he still runs like a cornerback, if he still covers like a cornerback, then the 33-year-old, 11-time Pro Bowl selection is still a cornerback. And that any late-career move to safety — 'a la Hall of Famer Rod Woodson — isn't even on his the radar.

"I still feel like a corner, I still see a corner," Bailey said Tuesday.

In his heart? Bailey is asked.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20681974/broncos-champ-bailey-still-cornerback-through-and-through

shank
05-22-2012, 06:17 PM
i agree. injury free, champ has many years left as a top corner. if/when we can get the right corner depth underneath him to move him to safety, he will then become one of the absolute best at that position in the league, and hopefully prolong his career a few extra years.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-23-2012, 07:41 AM
I was watching some of the day 2 pressers over on denverbroncos.com and when Drayton Florence visited, competition for the starting spot opposite Champ was a big selling point (along with having Manning here).

"when I came here, coach Fox told me that nobody in the secondary has a job... except Champ Bailey"

-Drayton Florence

How often do you hear coaches confident enough to "guarantee" a guy's spot this early (other than someone like Manning)? Only the best get that. Champ is still a P.I.M.P. The rest of the competition in the secondary should be fun to watch in TC.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 08:37 AM
NOTHING NEW HERE...
he refused to play at SAFETY when NOLAN suggested it,
(first in D.C. and again in denver)
his arrogance and willingness to live off reputation instead of making a commitment to help his team continues.
(this will be my ONLY post in this thread so all the zam-haters can have their way.)

thanks CHAMP for covering a DECOY all game long, whoppdi-freakin-doo!

When you take every opponents top WR every week, one on one regardless of where he lines up, then I will justify your insistance on being a corner!
ask ANY GM, who would you rather have champ or palomalo, theIR answer is an easy one TROY makes a difference, he dictates to the opponent, champ just runs to the bathroom with a pawn, AWAY FROM THE Action !

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 08:50 AM
NOTHING NEW HERE...
his arrogance and willingness to live off reputation instead of making a commitment to help his team continues.
(this will be my ONLY post in this thread so all the zam-haters can have their way.)

When you take every opponents top WR every week, one on one regardless of where he lines up, then I will justify your insistance on being a corner!
ask ANY GM, who would you rather have champ or palomalo, theIR answer is an easy one TROY makes a difference, he dictates to the opponent, champ just runs to the bathroom with a pawn, AWAY FROM THE Action !

Shaddup.

Mmkay?

claymore
05-23-2012, 08:54 AM
NOTHING NEW HERE...

should have kept Portis. :flame:

topscribe
05-23-2012, 09:19 AM
NOTHING NEW HERE...

Have you asked any GMs?

rationalfan
05-23-2012, 09:21 AM
NOTHING NEW HERE...

source? i don't remember this, at all. not saying it didn't happen. but it sounds fishy. i do recall talk of moving champ to the slot in nickel coverage, though.

UnderArmour
05-23-2012, 10:02 AM
NOTHING NEW HERE...

i agree dude chump bailey is a lockr room cancer he the reason why broncos went 4-12 cause he told mcdaniels that mike nolan was trying to undermine him. champ bailey lied 2 mcdaniels so nolan went 2 miami and den we sucked cause our d was so awful also in training camp champ bailey had polumbus intentionally injure elvis dumervil cause of his massive ego. he didnt want sum1 els 2 captain teh defensse so dat y elvis got hurt. last year champ was reason kyle orton got to keep playing too even tho we all knew he sucked. he said "i dont want to play anymore game after season that is why i am going to stop us from making the playoff" so then he let kyle orton make play on him in practice so he look good and tebow wont get to play. champ bailey is one of worst starting cbs in nfl even worst than captain munnerlyn of the panthers who is really bad. champ bailey is only good cause he went to all those pro bowls and qbs are scared to throw at him cause his name is champ but the truth is that his name is really roland and if the qbs knew that his name was roland bailey instead of champ bailey he would be thrown at then he would be exposed as not so good of a cornerback and worst than sum of the worst like i said so that y he refuse to move to safety cause he is really bad and he dont want 2 be exposed also he a locker room cancer

Cugel
05-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Nobody really "hates" Chief Zamboni. We all have lives and he's certainly not important in mine.

We will however, point out that his opinion about Champ Bailey is really, REALLY stupid and is completely unsupported by any evidence. Plus, no coach in the NFL would move him to S at this point.

Day1BroncoFan
05-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Has zam said anything that makes sense yet?

Timmy!
05-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Zam...really...take ur meds. I'm not even kidding this time. Mix them into some exotic food dish or something ffs. People are starting to worry.

guitarj
05-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Nobody really "hates" Chief Zamboni. We all have lives and he's certainly not important in mine.

We will however, point out that his opinion about Champ Bailey is really, REALLY stupid and is completely unsupported by any evidence. Plus, no coach in the NFL would move him to S at this point.

Wow! He's serious? I thought he was joking

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt using Forum Runner

shank
05-23-2012, 06:17 PM
that cooking thread is total troll smokescreen

Northman
05-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Has zam said anything that makes sense yet?

Negative ghostrider.

NorCalBronco7
05-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Good article, but it wont stop some clever posters from from saying Champ should be moved to saftey.

Canmore
05-27-2012, 03:31 AM
Negative ghostrider.

The pattern is full!