PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Weekly on Ryan Clady.......

Simple Jaded
06-02-2009, 10:18 PM
From PFW's 09 Preview, where they rank Ryan Clady the 2nd best Offensive Tackle and 33rd best player overall:

"Ryan Clady/ Broncos.....................4.00....uu ("uu" means "Player has huge upside")
--Clady had a remarkable rookie season, allowing only a half-sack in 2008 - an amazing accomplishment for any 16 game starter, much less a first-year player who did not enter college as an offensive tackle. The athletic, long-armed Clady has an ideal skill set for a 21st century Left Tackle and has huge upside to develop further. Has a serious chance to become the best tackle in the game. Very impressive"

There is no link that I know of, it's from a magazine that's on your news stands now. They ranked Michael Roos 1st, in case you are wondering.......

topscribe
06-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks, Link.

Michael Roos deserves the distinction.

But one can certainly mention Clady in the same breath . . .

-----

Elevation inc
06-03-2009, 03:00 AM
yeah its funny michale roos does deserve credit he is nasty, but at the same time he didnt face as many elite pass rushers as clady did last year, and he certainly didnt have the rookie year clady had.....my guess is at the end of this year Clady will be considered the best in the game, especially since he will face much more elite pass rushers this year, lets just hope orton is good at checking down, because he doesnt have cutlers mobility, so he will have to use checkdows whenever he can......to supplant the mobility cutler gave this offense......

it can be done though...

Simple Jaded
06-03-2009, 03:12 AM
If there is one thing Orton can do, it's check down, Knowshon Moreno should put a receiving performance clause in his contract.

Btw, before ya'll get carried away patting PFW on the back, they predict a three-way 5-11 tie between Oak, KC and Denver with Den bringing up the rear in the AFCWest.

Sweet dreams.......

Elevation inc
06-03-2009, 03:17 AM
If there is one thing Orton can do, it's check down, Knowshon Moreno should put a receiving performance clause in his contract.

Btw, before ya'll get carried away patting PFW on the back, they predict a three-way 5-11 tie between Oak, KC and Denver with Den bringing up the rear in the AFCWest.

Sweet dreams.......

thats good, i actually love when media knock us, because usually we smash them down and make them look like fools, its when they tout us that i worry...lol:salute:

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 09:58 AM

Sweet dreams.......

So you think we will be much more than 5 wins unless we either get really lucky or are awarded a win during the BYE week that sounds about right.

However 5-11 sounds overly optomistic for KC and OAK. While KC has alot of talent they also are getting a total transformation and OaK still has aldavis.

Poet
06-03-2009, 10:01 AM
He may be the best offensive lineman that no one talks about.

topscribe
06-03-2009, 10:51 AM
And now, Pete Prisco is getting into the act (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11812689).

He says Clady is the best. So far, so good.

But then he rates Jake Long #2 above Michael Roos.

Typical Prisco. :tsk:

-----

WARHORSE
06-03-2009, 12:33 PM
And now, Pete Prisco is getting into the act (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11812689).

He says Clady is the best. So far, so good.

But then he rates Jake Long #2 above Michael Roos.

Typical Prisco. :tsk:

-----

How about the Orton rankings.

Leftwich is ranked higher.

heh heh

topscribe
06-03-2009, 01:04 PM
How about the Orton rankings.

Leftwich is ranked higher.

heh heh

I like Orton. A lot. I've made that obvious, of course. But at this point I don't
really have an issue with his ranking because he is coming out of a truly putrid
offensive system (an offensive offense?) and has not had the opportunity
really to show what he can do.

I will be a lot more concerned if he isn't considered much higher after this next
season because that might mean Seattle will be using our pick in the top 10. :tsk:

-----

SOCALORADO.
06-03-2009, 01:54 PM
I like Orton. A lot. I've made that obvious, of course. But at this point I don't
really have an issue with his ranking because he is coming out of a truly putrid
offensive system (an offensive offense?) and has not had the opportunity
really to show what he can do.

I will be a lot more concerned if he isn't considered much higher after this next
season because that might mean Seattle will be using our pick in the top 10. :tsk:

-----

i just cant wait to see Orton thrive in DEN. Were due for some good vibes, and i think Orton will bring us them.
10-6. with "homer" whipcream on top!:D

WARHORSE
06-03-2009, 02:43 PM
i just cant wait to see Orton thrive in DEN. Were due for some good vibes, and i think Orton will bring us them.

Homer whipcream is good for the soul. (There ought to be a book):D

Orton will be a STAR!!

He'll throw for 10,000 yards and a hunnert TDs!!!

We'll all be kings!!!

Girls will LOVE us!!!

We'll be BABE MAGNETS!!!

The president will invite us to the white house!!!!

China will ask us to be ambassadors to their country!!!!

Osama Bid Laden will turn himself in!!!!

There will be world peace!!!

The world will love us, and we will love them back!!!

I can see it now!!! The headlines will read:

DENVER BRONCOS: WORLD CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!!!

THE DENVER BRONCOS: FROM RAGS TO RICHES!!!

THE DENVER BRONCOS: A FAIRY TALE ENDING!!!!

WARHORSE AND SOCAL SCOLD NORTH KOREAN LEADER KIM JONG II IN PUBLIC SQUARE!!!

.........homer whipcream..........everyone should try it. :coffee:

:D

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 03:11 PM

I do not think it will be that good because of the schedule coming up but I doubt there will be anymore stinkaroo games like we got from mike about 3 times a year..

if we have a 7-9 season I will be happy.. that means we will have won 2-3 more games that we should have..

powderaddict
06-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I just don't want anymore huge blowouts to SD :(

horsepig
06-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Keep the faith, this offense could be very productive and control the clock too. A ball hoggin O with a little improvement on the D could add a few wins.

Simple Jaded
06-03-2009, 06:58 PM
PFW ranks Kyle Orton 24th.
Champ Bailey is 2nd, 41st overall.
Brandon Marshall 7th.
Eddie Royal 25th.
Ryan Harris 22nd.
Tony Scheffler 22nd.
DJ Williams 20th.
Brian Dawkins 9th.

They ranked PK's, P's and KR/PR's, but amazingly enough they do now take the time to rank LongSnappers, I'm gonna just go ahead and assume that they'd rank Lonie Paxton 1st with a Blue Chip grade.

And ya'll thought the media had nothing good to say about the Broncos, 24th is a freaking gift, Orton's probably celebrating with a bottle of Jack right now.......

BroncoWave
06-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Ryan Harris 22nd at his position is utterly laughable. I think a requirement in making this list be that you actually watch NFL games.

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Ryan Harris 22nd at his position is utterly laughable. I think a requirement in making this list be that you actually watch NFL games.

got remember that MOST of the writers are east coast based and therefore unless we play the east coast teams in prime time or at night they will never see us playing..

this coming season with playing the NFC/AFC East we should get a lot of exposure..

and I suspect alot of ass kickings.. not the 35+ point differently games but good solid butt kickings..

horsepig
06-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Just hoping you're wrong Jr. and we win a few of those.

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Just hoping you're wrong Jr. and we win a few of those.

anything can happens but the key is we should not win them based on what is on paper..

can the QB or KEY RB come down with the flu absolutely can out D come out and have a nutzo game.. will champ run one back and break the QB spirit all those thing can happen.. and some may but the past two years they have not..

we had to get one win off a bad call from a great official how many times can that happen in a career.

as it stand now I'd just like all the games to be close and I can live with losing some 18-21 games.. especially against that group of teams.. not gonna cry about that would rather win them but I do not want to see three or four ass kickings like we have gotten each of the past couple of years..

or to go somewhere that was a gimmie and have them beat us because we did not show up ready to play..

horsepig
06-04-2009, 12:43 AM
On paper we lose a lot of games this year.

I do not expect this staff to send'em out unready to play. That alone would be a great improvement.

Mcd & Nolan should be capaable of some pretty nifty in-game adjustments too. Ha ven't seen that for a whikle.

Elevation inc
06-04-2009, 12:57 AM
On paper we lose a lot of games this year.

I do not expect this staff to send'em out unready to play. That alone would be a great improvement.

Mcd & Nolan should be capaable of some pretty nifty in-game adjustments too. Ha ven't seen that for a whikle.

this is a big reason why i am excited. being able to adjust defensively and switch things up in games is something denver hasnt been able to do since greg robinson was DC.....

Simple Jaded
06-04-2009, 01:09 AM
In three full seasons under mike Nolan, the 49ers defense ranked 32nd, 26th and 25th in overall defense and 30th, 26th and 25th in scoring defense.

I'm just sayin, maybe it's time to pump the breaks a little.......

Elevation inc
06-04-2009, 01:18 AM
In three full seasons under mike Nolan, the 49ers defense ranked 32nd, 26th and 25th in overall defense and 30th, 26th and 25th in scoring defense.

I'm just sayin, maybe it's time to pump the breaks a little.......

he was the HC not the DC, some should stick to what they do best and nolan's a DC best HC not so much.....

Elevation inc
06-04-2009, 01:20 AM
he was the HC not the DC, some should stick to what they do best and nolan's a DC best HC not so much.....

also link------part of that problem was he had no competent offense either....to give the d a bit of a break....they were on the field more than 90%of the defense in the league.....

as a DC Nolan's resume and history is quite efficent much more so than the otehr D-cordinators we have had lately.....