PDA

View Full Version : You know what I want more than anything?

LoyalSoldier
06-02-2009, 07:53 PM
I just want to get a good team that isn't changing nearly every position each year.

I know this sound sort of stupid, but I think one of the parts I hate most about the last 3-4 years is that we keep changing coaches, players, front office, etc. way too much. We have two players on defense that started in the 2005 season, in the time between the 2005 to the present we have gone through close to 34 different starters on defense.

Here is to hoping we can find a good set up for our team and keep it together.

Lonestar
06-02-2009, 08:17 PM
I just want to get a good team that isn't changing nearly every position each year.

I know this sound sort of stupid, but I think one of the parts I hate most about the last 3-4 years is that we keep changing coaches, players, front office, etc. way too much. We have two players on defense that started in the 2005 season, in the time between the 2005 to the present we have gone through close to 34 different starters on defense.

count how many 2005 players we have on O now also that were starting in the same position back then.. hamilton

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=396

LoyalSoldier
06-02-2009, 08:56 PM
count how many 2005 players we have on O now also that were starting in the same position back then.. hamilton

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=396

Yep and a good portion of those players we lost in the 2006 season and the other half got too old.

anton...
06-02-2009, 09:19 PM
no one likes change...

LoyalSoldier
06-02-2009, 11:21 PM
no one likes change...
I don't mind change, what I hate is completely overturning everything for the last three years only to do it again. There is such as thing as too much change.

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 12:43 AM
I don't mind change, what I hate is completely overturning everything for the last three years only to do it again. There is such as thing as too much change.

but the last time we changed nothing happened good mostly because the scheme and coaches remained the same..

Now we have a chance to do a DO OVER with NEW scheme and coaches..

How many times did we debate going to the 3-4 over the years and no one in dove valley had the gonads to do it..

Can't get worse than it was..

Shazam!
06-03-2009, 12:45 AM
I got the miniature 2007 Todd McFarlane Limited Edition Broncos Offense (GREAT SURPRISE FIND in Wal Mart). Only one player is still on the team.

:(

Simple Jaded
06-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Changing players that didn't need changed seems to be just what the Broncos set out to do, once they got that out of their system they set out to get some players that will need to be changed in the very near future.

I'd get used to change.......

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Changing players that didn't need changed seems to be just what the Broncos set out to do, once they got that out of their system they set out to get some players that will need to be changed in the very near future.

I'd get used to change.......

besides jay and mike who really did not need to be changed out.. some of Y'all have a one track mind..

Simple Jaded
06-03-2009, 01:29 AM
besides jay and mike who really did not need to be changed out.. some of Y'all have a one track mind..

I'm talking about Cutler, the Would-be GM and a perfectly fine longsnapper, that's a THREE track mind, gimme a little credit.

Not talking about Mike Shanahan, who btw, if he were still here, none of these three mistakes get made. But hey, at least we got rid of Bob Slowik.......

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 01:40 AM
I'm talking about Cutler, the Would-be GM and a perfectly fine longsnapper, that's a THREE track mind, gimme a little credit.

Not talking about Mike Shanahan, who btw, if he were still here, none of these three mistakes get made. But hey, at least we got rid of Bob Slowik.......

so three changes are all that is wrong what about all the dead wood on D that is gone and how about the RB wanna bees we have been carrying for years.. You also forgot all the D coaches that carried out slowitts scheme to perfection..

If you have not figured it out yet changes needed to be made and at least he is not afraid to cut to the bone..

I for one am happy with almost everything he has done so far excepting signing leaches replacement.. that was not a good decision IMO.. or at least up front it did not seem to be..

Davii
06-03-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm upset about the needless change (Jay)

But i'm more mad about the needed changes that weren't made. We should've had more change on D than we did, especially our line.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-03-2009, 01:53 AM
I think we have some promising young defensive line prospects, the UDFAs.

Davii
06-03-2009, 01:58 AM
I think we have some promising young defensive line prospects, the UDFAs.

I would agree, we'll have to see...

There's always a reason that U is there though, we shall see if they prove everyone wrong.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-03-2009, 02:02 AM
There were not a lot of quality 3-4 defensive lineman in this draft. I can see why we didn't draft anyone but Ayers to play up front.

Italianmobstr7
06-03-2009, 02:05 AM

There's always a reason that U is there though, we shall see if they prove everyone wrong.

That U was in front of Rod SmithAt one point. James Harrison from the Steelers went undrafted too. Sometimes teams make mistakes. Chris Baker was awesome at Penn State before his off field trouble. I love that signing and hope he can be a good player for us.

Simple Jaded
06-03-2009, 02:16 AM
so three changes are all that is wrong what about all the dead wood on D that is gone and how about the RB wanna bees we have been carrying for years.. You also forgot all the D coaches that carried out slowitts scheme to perfection..

If you have not figured it out yet changes needed to be made and at least he is not afraid to cut to the bone..

I for one am happy with almost everything he has done so far excepting signing leaches replacement.. that was not a good decision IMO.. or at least up front it did not seem to be..

I never said that three changes were all that's wrong, and I never said he hasn't done anything right, but it's a hell of a lot easier to count what he's done right than what he's done wrong.

You're damn right that changes needed to be made, the problem is he's fixing things he had no business fixing, and he's apparently not in any hurry to fix what actually did need to fixed.

You don't need to ask me if I have figured it out that changes needed to be made, you need to ask Doogie if he's figured it out. He's an idiot, and for somebody who's been criticizing stupid personnel moves for years, I would think you'd know stupidity when you see it. To think that Leach's replacement is the only thing you question is a bit amusing, this guy is flashing limitless stupidity in personnel matters, I thought you had a keen eye for that.

If it were Shanahan who traded Cutler, fired the Goodman's and traded a potential Top10 straight up for a No2, you'd be talking about what a complete idiot he is, basically everybody here knows that so don't put too much effort into denying it.......

Davii
06-03-2009, 02:35 AM
That U was in front of Rod SmithAt one point. James Harrison from the Steelers went undrafted too. Sometimes teams make mistakes. Chris Baker was awesome at Penn State before his off field trouble. I love that signing and hope he can be a good player for us.

Which is why I said we shall see.

I'm not writing this, or future, seasons off. I expect MORE of this team than I have in the past.

Bowlen took a big gamble, and it better pay off.

Elevation inc
06-03-2009, 02:35 AM

there have been 19 probowlers found in UDFA in the last ten years more than rds 5-7.......and a few of those prospects we got in UDFA were considered 3-5 th rd picks before draft day had we picked them in those rds people would be saying we addressed our D-line heavily......

but i understand your caution for optimisim as well:salute:

Elevation inc
06-03-2009, 02:44 AM
I never said that three changes were all that's wrong, and I never said he hasn't done anything right, but it's a hell of a lot easier to count what he's done right than what he's done wrong.

You're damn right that changes needed to be made, the problem is he's fixing things he had no business fixing, and he's apparently not in any hurry to fix what actually did need to fixed.

You don't need to ask me if I have figured it out that changes needed to be made, you need to ask Doogie if he's figured it out. He's an idiot, and for somebody who's been criticizing stupid personnel moves for years, I would think you'd know stupidity when you see it. To think that Leach's replacement is the only thing you question is a bit amusing, this guy is flashing limitless stupidity in personnel matters, I thought you had a keen eye for that.

If it were Shanahan who traded Cutler, fired the Goodman's and traded a potential Top10 straight up for a No2, you'd be talking about what a complete idiot he is, basically everybody here knows that so don't put too much effort into denying it.......

personally im happy and excited with the direction this team is going, but from an objective view i agree there are a few head scratchers.

1. Cutler- its been beat around the bush, whats done is done and the only solution will come if MCD proves he is a god with qb's

2. Mike leach- Paxton is elite but was this really neccessary, leach was pretty elite as well

3. Firing the goodmans was a bad move i understand they werent happy about the cutler thing and MCd wanted any association gone, but still relying on xanders and his navity showed big time on draft day

4. Alphonso Smith, Quinn, Brandstater are good prospects and im stoked we got them, but rest assured MCD and xanders got took like a rookie on draft day in the war room. He messed up trading what he did. the players will be good and turn out well for us. but when you evaluate this draft as a whole top to bottom including value...well him and xanders cam out looking like rookies a bit......however with that being said he still is a rookie HC and i expect some growing pains....its life i will deal with it. at the same time though he changed the philosophy of the type of players and the way we obtain them, while the value was off, we got players to fit the system instead of making the system fit the players in the draft, for that im am grateful....

so yes a rookie head coach made some head scratching moves some very public, and not wise in the public opinion, but at the same time he changed a dying philosophy of mike shannahan football and injected life into players that were becoming very unmotivated in teh previous regime....

there is reason for caution, but there is also reason for optimisim:salute:

Simple Jaded
06-03-2009, 03:04 AM
We''ll see how long that motivation lasts if Doogie is not the God he thinks he is.

"Does Josh McDaniels realize that's before one starts acting like Bill Belichick, it helps to have won like Bill Belichick?"--Michael Silver Yahoo! sports

Not everyone is buying the Josh McDaniels "New Sheriff in town" act, and if 09 is as tough as it as it looks to be, the players may not be buying it for long either, he's put himself in a win now situation.

Personally, my expectations are sky high for this idiot.......

Davii
06-03-2009, 03:08 AM
We''ll see how long that motivation lasts if Doogie is not the God he thinks he is.

"Does Josh McDaniels realize that's before one starts acting like Bill Belichick, it helps to have won like Bill Belichick?"--Michael Silver Yahoo! sports

Not everyone is buying the Josh McDaniels "New Sheriff in town" act, and if 09 is as tough as it as it looks to be, the players may not be buying it for long either, he's put himself in a win now situation.

Personally, my expectations are sky high for this idiot.......

He put himself in a win now situation when he was recruiting free agents with a win now message.

Elevation inc
06-03-2009, 03:13 AM

Not everyone is buying the Josh McDaniels "New Sheriff in town" act, and if 09 is as tough as it as it looks to be, the players may not be buying it for long either, he's put himself in a win now situation.......

i actually think MCD will seperate himself from bellicheck and the patriot way this year. i think our QB play wont be great or elite, it will be like solid and i think he knows this i actually think he learned some hard lessons last year and in the SB about what a good run game and defense can do for you and how 4000 yds, and 50 passing td's, with a mediocre run game and aging defense is overated in the playoffs if you cant run the ball or stop the pass or run....i also think he saw how it was his run game that kept him from the playoffs last year. I think we will see a much more run oriented offense than people expect....i think the run will set up the pass this year much like the titans, giants, steelers, and ravens do.....

I think we will see the team first philosophy, and valuing second rd picks over first rd picks, and the find players to fit the system instead of th other way around. But i also belive we will see the same no single player is greater than the team ie cutler, marshall etc.....

i think outside the questions of our D-line this team can get it done next year and have a winning record.....

Simple Jaded
06-03-2009, 03:20 AM
Tom Brady is greater than the team though, it's true for every Top QB in the league, that's the hypocrisy of the so-called Patriot Way, without Tom Brady that team isn't a dynasty and they know it.

The Patriot Way is bullshit, a cute story, but complete bullshit.......

Elevation inc
06-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Tom Brady is greater than the team though, it's true for every Top QB in the league, that's the hypocrisy of the so-called Patriot Way, without Tom Brady that team isn't a dynasty and they know it.

The Patriot Way is bullshit, a cute story, but complete bullshit.......

i actually think the patriot way is media hype more than anything, tom brady is greater than the team becasue he brought that team so many SB's, if he was in jay cutlers shoes he probally would have been shown the door as well...

and i dont think we will see a complete patriot way here. MCD will find his way in due time, whether it be through good or bad lessons here or with another team. he is not romeo crennel or eric mangini, they were yes men and copycats, MCd is his own man and i belive bodly or wrongly or rightly has proven as such....

many fans dont agree with it and i respect that, but its hard to argue with the excitement of the unknown for me.....i am worried about some things, but i am so stoked about the new coaches and players...ten times more than last year when i thought we would go 8-8...and i seriously am not just saying that.

weazel
06-03-2009, 01:50 PM

I thought you wanted a couple more dogs and few more jerseys and hats...

T.K.O.
06-03-2009, 05:37 PM
im stoked about this guy.....

Rulon Davis is an imposing presence. With his 6'5" frame filled with 280 pounds of muscle, deep baritone voice, spine tingling stare, and a strict military bearing he perfected in the Marines, he can easily make the bravest man shrink a little.

On the football field, his play does the same to offensive linemen. Davis has been described as a 'high motor' player, a description reserved for players that not only give 100%, but are doing it 100% of the time.

His look and his play may be the reason that his nickname is 'The Beast'.

"I think Rulon plays with a high motor," says Cal defensive line coach and former Cal defensive lineman, Tosh Lupoi. "He plays with aggression and violence."

Aggression and violence are good terms to describe a defensive player. NFL teams often look for defenders that best exhibit that on the field of play, but they don't always do a good job of identifying those players during the draft.

The NFL is littered with great defensive ends that weren't highly scouted coming into the league. As with anything, it doesn't matter where you start, but where you finish, and Davis intends to finish at the top.

reminds me of the mobley pick up....great attitude and has a HUGE chip on his shoulder !!!!:defense:

T.K.O.
06-03-2009, 05:56 PM
more about rulon davis...from the cal bears examiner...

He's serious about having no preference and he's serious about playing. He's played in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 alignment, so I asked if he had a preference between playing in either one of those over the other:

No, I've got a preference to play football. I can't wait. I want to get back on the field. It's been a long offseason so far and I just want to get back to playing ball.

Davis is smart, strong, talented, and mature. It's hard to imagine that NFL teams haven't been impressed after interviewing him. If they don't already know by now, he wants them to know that he's ready. When asked what he wanted NFL teams to know about him going in the draft, he was quick to tell me,

That I'm a fighter. That I'm aggressive, tenacious, and that they are going to get everything and much more if they draft me. So, they should look out, they should look out. I think I'm a force to be reckoned with. That's my game. That's how I feel. That's the way I approach football. This is a business and this is a passion that I have, and this is something that I've always done, and this is the best thing that I do.

On this, I disagree. The best thing that Rulon 'The Beast' Davis does is scare the living daylights out of his opposition. Teams would be wise to remember that on draft day.

horsepig
06-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Right on TKO, ther's a few guys like Davis that are exciting to speculate about.

I like what I'm hearing from Dove Valley too. Just seems really positive and optimistic out there, which of course, it should be.