PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Won't Be Suspended -- Merged

shank
06-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Per CBS text.

Italianmobstr7
06-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Text from CBS4 says Marshall will not be suspended by the league this year.

Great news!

broncofaninfla
06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Hopefully he stays out of trouble now and kicks *ss this year!

Requiem / The Dagda
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I heard he just punched a girl in celebration of the news. Damn!

MasterShake
06-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Just got the text recently, too. Good news! Now the question is- who's gonna throw it to him?

Requiem / The Dagda
06-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Darrell Hackney, of course. He'll be getting the camp call up once again after Simms' spleen goes bye-bye again and Orton crashes into Denver International in a drunken tirade.

nevcraw
06-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Brandon knew that last week.. That's why he asked for more $$$..

MOtorboat
06-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Darrell Hackney, of course. He'll be getting the camp call up once again after Simms' spleen goes bye-bye again and Orton crashes into Denver International in a drunken tirade.

Um, I think you can only lose your spleen once.

BroncoSojia
06-02-2009, 03:20 PM

:laugh:
Too late, he's already signed with some team in the CFL

Wrong, but funny

BroncoWave
06-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Good. I think it's safe to say he is on his final chance in Denver. Better not mess up again.

Thnikkaman
06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
I say pay the man.

WARHORSE
06-02-2009, 04:22 PM
I say pay the man.

Same here.

Right now you have the excuse of his off the field incidents.

Pay him, but make the entire SB contingent on his staying out of trouble.

One suspension. One arrest. One screwup. And its payitback time.

He is a playmaker.

His touchdown total was not big last year.........another reason to sign him up now.

I get the feeling he will not be getting a raise with the 'Patriot way' in town.

Will he take less than hes worth?

Nomad
06-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Can he only get paid (new contract) during the offseason? If they can do it during midseason, then that's how I would do it. Let him play 6-8 games and if plays to his abilities and has the attitude to go with it then pay him. Until then, I still believe he has to prove himself a little more. JMO!!

NightTrainLayne
06-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Let's not forget that he's had surgery since his last time on the field. . .dontcha think it might be wise to actually see him at football speed again before doing anything?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Brandon knew that last week.. That's why he asked for more $$$..

Apparently not - article says Brandon just received the letter today

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12503183

Providing he's healthy, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall will be able to play the entire 2009 season.

Marshall was notified by letter Tuesday that he was not found in violation of the league's personal conduct policy due to his arrest on disorderly conduct charges March 1 following a disturbance with his fiancé, Michi Nogami, who also was charged.

The charges against Marshall and Nogami were dropped the next day.

"The NFL has confirmed that based on their own investigation there will not be a suspension or any discipline issues as a result of Mr. Marshall's arrest on March 1," said Marshall's attorney Harvey Steinberg. "I had been in touch with the NFL since right after the incident occurred and we were under the belief that what took place would not rise to the level of any form of discipline."

Marshall is still facing a court case later this month in Atlanta stemming from misdemeanor battery charges against his former girlfriend, Rasheedah Watley. That case, however, is expected to be continued to a later date, which means once Marshall recovers from offseason hip surgery, he can concentrate on the 2009 season.

Marshall left the Broncos' offseason minicamp last week to rehab in Orlando.

Benetto
06-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Good news....Now pay the guy...He needs to be locked up in O&B for a long time.

Poet
06-02-2009, 04:53 PM
That's pathetic. I know he's your player and all, but that's pathetic.

Thnikkaman
06-02-2009, 04:53 PM
What is pathetic? Please splain Lucy.

Poet
06-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Because the guy is a loser who gets into trouble so much for the same things that there is no way in hell that it's coincidence.

And for the record, I hope Goodell suspends my CB in Leon Hall.

NightTrainLayne
06-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Because the guy is a loser who gets into trouble so much for the same things that there is no way in hell that it's coincidence.

And for the record, I hope Goodell suspends my CB in Leon Hall.

The charges from the incident in question were dropped almost immediately. I really never saw how Gooddell could have enforced a suspension.

Had the charges stuck, and Marshall plead to a lesser charge, or paid a fine I think he'd have been suspended, but the way the judge threw the charges out didn't leave Gooddell much room to maneuver.

Thnikkaman
06-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Because I want to see him in Bengals Stripes.

That about sums it up.

He got rid of the problem, his childhood girlfriend. I think her name was Glen Close or something. (Go find the song Glen Close by Binary Star and you will know what I'm talking about.

Poet
06-02-2009, 05:11 PM
That about sums it up.

He got rid of the problem, his childhood girlfriend. I think her name was Glen Close or something. (Go find the song Glen Close by Binary Star and you will know what I'm talking about.

That is so wrong it isn't funny. First off, I wouldn't want him in Bengals stripes. We already have one headcase at WR in Ochocinco. Second off, Chris Henry and Tank Johnson make me disgusted with my team.

You can't accuse me of wanting him with any real legitimacy and you know it.

So try again. The fact of the matter is that Brandon Marshall has a very long history of being involved in domestic abuse. You don't get accused of this type of thing as much as he does if you aren't doing anything wrong.

He should have been suspended, point blank.

Poet
06-02-2009, 05:12 PM
The charges from the incident in question were dropped almost immediately. I really never saw how Gooddell could have enforced a suspension.

Had the charges stuck, and Marshall plead to a lesser charge, or paid a fine I think he'd have been suspended, but the way the judge threw the charges out didn't leave Gooddell much room to maneuver.

He could and should have enforced a suspension because it would have sent the players a message; it's no secret that athletes get preferential treatment. The message would have been that if the same shit follows you around year after year (funny how this one applies) you will get in trouble.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2009, 05:12 PM
That about sums it up.

Oh, you mean the girl who apparently Brandon abused so badly that $600,000 would make it ALL BETTER?????

Requiem / The Dagda
06-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Just wait until Brandon reads this King. He's going to be pissed that you are talking trash about him and will pop you in the mouth. You'll get a broken jaw, he'll get suspended. Everybody is happy. :smile: (Love you King!)

Poet
06-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Just wait until Brandon reads this King. He's going to be pissed that you are talking trash about him and will pop you in the mouth. You'll get a broken jaw, he'll get suspended. Everybody is happy. :smile: (Love you King!)

Then I will sue him for his woman, and then I will beat her, which will make him mad so he will beat me again, then I sue him again, and somehow end up as your number one wideout.

That's right Broncos fan, expect to see me on the field, baby.

BroncoWave
06-02-2009, 05:31 PM
He could and should have enforced a suspension because it would have sent the players a message; it's no secret that athletes get preferential treatment. The message would have been that if the same shit follows you around year after year (funny how this one applies) you will get in trouble.

So he should be punished because a cop messed up and arrested him for a crime that didn't happen and was tossed the second it appeared before a judge? There is no way in the world you can justify that. There is nothing illegal about being at a club in the middle of the night (although it is highly retarded if you are a pro athlete) and there is noting illegal about having a verbal argument with someone at said club.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Since taking over, Goddell has dropped the hammer many times. We all know if he felt there was ANYTHING there, Brandon would have been suspended.

BroncoWave
06-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Since taking over, Goddell has dropped the hammer many times. We all know if he felt there was ANYTHING there, Brandon would have been suspended.

Exactly. Goodell has absolutely no reason to give Marshall a free pass given his history. I'm sure Goodell knows more about the incident than people on a message board saying that Marshall should have been suspended. Seeing as Goodell didn't suspend him, it's obvious that there was absolutely nothing there.

Poet
06-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Exactly. Goodell has absolutely no reason to give Marshall a free pass given his history. I'm sure Goodell knows more about the incident than people on a message board saying that Marshall should have been suspended. Seeing as Goodell didn't suspend him, it's obvious that there was absolutely nothing there.

Marshall had no reason to give James Harrison or Jared Allen a free pass either.

BTB, Tinker, actually anyone on this message board, tell me how many times you guys have been accused of domestic abuse.

This is going to be funny.

BroncoWave
06-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Marshall had no reason to give James Harrison or Jared Allen a free pass either.

BTB, Tinker, actually anyone on this message board, tell me how many times you guys have been accused of domestic abuse.

This is going to be funny.

Yet he's never been convicted of anything and the woman changes her story more than Dennis Rodman changed his hair color in the 90's.

It's irrelevant how many times he has been accused of domestic abuse. The fact is that he has paid his debt to the league for his previous arrests and would be ridiculous to suspend him because a cop messed up and arrested him for something that didn't happen. But go ahead, continue to act like you know more about the situation than the judge who dropped the charge and Goodell.

Poet
06-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Yet he's never been convicted of anything and the woman changes her story more than Dennis Rodman changed his hair color in the 90's.

It's irrelevant how many times he has been accused of domestic abuse. The fact is that he has paid his debt to the league for his previous arrests and would be ridiculous to suspend him because a cop messed up and arrested him for something that didn't happen. But go ahead, continue to act like you know more about the situation than the judge who dropped the charge and Goodell.

There was a guy who used to live down the street from me who sold crack for years. Never got convicted. OJ didn't get convicted. A lot of guys who are rich or famous (or both I suppose) get free outs. Once again, that isn't news to anyone.

If you really mean to sit here and tell me that being accused of the same damn thing time after time means nothing then I am sorry, you've lost your damn mind.

I'm not acting like I know more, but I also just gave you several examples of Goodell messing up.

BroncoWave
06-02-2009, 06:31 PM
There was a guy who used to live down the street from me who sold crack for years. Never got convicted. OJ didn't get convicted. A lot of guys who are rich or famous (or both I suppose) get free outs. Once again, that isn't news to anyone.

If you really mean to sit here and tell me that being accused of the same damn thing time after time means nothing then I am sorry, you've lost your damn mind.

I'm not acting like I know more, but I also just gave you several examples of Goodell messing up.

So for the record, you are saying Brandon Marshall deserves to be suspended because a cop messed up and arrested him for something that obviously didn't happen seeing as the charge was immediately dropped. Gotcha!

You are right that he has been accused of the same thing many times, and he has served his sentence from the NFL for all of those occasions. You haven't given one valid reason for him being suspended. All you bring up is what he did in the past. He has ALREADY served his suspension for what he did in the past. Goodell is always the hardest on multiple repeat offenders. If he though there was ANYTHING at all to the latest accusation he would have been suspended.

Poet
06-02-2009, 06:36 PM
So for the record, you are saying Brandon Marshall deserves to be suspended because a cop messed up and arrested him for something that obviously didn't happen seeing as the charge was immediately dropped. Gotcha!

Broncos WR Marshall cleared in latest run-in

By ARNIE STAPLETON – 17 minutes ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Brandon Marshall is free to play the entire 2009 season, providing his surgically repaired hip allows it.

Marshall learned Tuesday he won't face disciplinary action from the NFL over his latest arrest in a domestic dispute.

League spokesman Greg Aiello told The Associated Press that the Denver Broncos' Pro Bowl receiver has been notified that no punishment is forthcoming as the result of his arrest in Atlanta on March 1 that stemmed from a fight with his new fiance.

Charges were dropped the next day when Marshall and his fiance, Michi Leshase Nogami-Campbell, refused to testify against each other.

"Brandon is thrilled," Marshall's lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, told The AP. "I've always maintained that the NFL would treat us fairly. We felt if they took the time to do a thorough investigation, which they did, there would be no basis for discipline. That was the finding. We're thrilled."

Steinberg said Marshall received a letter from commissioner Roger Goodell clearing him but also cautioning him to steer clear of trouble.

"The letter in summary says: We've done a full and complete investigation of the situation, and because it's not clear what took place we don't feel there's a basis for discipline," Steinberg said. "He (Goodell) expected Brandon to toe the line and Brandon will toe the line."

"We are humbled, enthused and excited by this decision by the commissioner's office," Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, told The AP. "We also understand that Brandon has to continue to grow, be accountable and responsible. We have no doubt he'll do all the above and more."

The Broncos, who had no immediate comment Tuesday, were worried that Marshall's latest arrest could lead to another suspension for repeated violations of the league's personal conduct code. He missed last year's opener for a series of police-related incidents with his former girlfriend.

Repeat offenders of the league's conduct policy, such as Tank Johnson and Chris Henry, have received eight-game suspensions. Adam "Pacman" Jones was suspended for the 2007 season after repeated run-ins with the law.

Marshall, 25, was suspended for three games last season but he and Steinberg, successfully had the punishment whittled to one game plus two paychecks totaling $52,352 when Marshall pledged to stay out of trouble and off the police blotter.

He broke up with his former girlfriend, made weekly visits to inner-city youth and earlier this year proposed to Nogami-Campbell.

On March 1, police were summoned to Marshall's residence in Atlanta when Marshall and his fiance got into a heated argument. With police looking on, the fight escalated and Marshall and his fiance began kicking and punching each other on the sidewalk outside his home, according to a police report.

Neither one needed medical attention, and both of them were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and taken to the Atlanta City Jail. A day later, charges were dismissed when they declined to testify against one another.

Marshall's latest arrest and his recent hip surgery put a crimp in his hopes of signing a huge contract this year as one of the league's top receivers.

Marshall is due $2.2 million this season in the final year of a four-year contract he signed as a rookie. Although he's had back-to-back 100-catch seasons and made the Pro Bowl last season, nobody knows if he'll be the same player following hip surgery.

Marshall's agent said his client is rehabbing from his hip surgery in Orlando, Fla., and his absence from the Broncos' voluntary minicamp this week isn't a ploy to seek a contract re-negotiation.

As for Marshall's rehab, McGuire said, "He's progressing well."

Marshall caught 104 passes for 1,265 yards and six TDs last season. But he dropped 18 on-target passes, something he blamed on the nerve damage in his right arm, which he said he put through a television set while horsing around with his brother a year ago in the offseason.

AP Sports Writer Pat Graham contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jviaeDAGwWSopiBed4i8RKzTl6twD98IR5E00

I wouldn't give Marshall the benefit of the doubt. Please read the part in bold a few times.

MOtorboat
06-02-2009, 06:43 PM
What's your point King?

Poet
06-02-2009, 06:45 PM
What's your point King?

:tsk::tsk:

MOtorboat
06-02-2009, 06:48 PM
:tsk::tsk:

"The letter in summary says: We've done a full and complete investigation of the situation, and because it's not clear what took place we don't feel there's a basis for discipline," Steinberg said. "He (Goodell) expected Brandon to toe the line and Brandon will toe the line."

That's the quote you highlighted...

What's the point of highlighting that?

The charges were dropped because the cop didn't know what was happening, only that no one was hurt and no one violated a law.

I'm all about Marshall NOT getting even looked at by cops, but the charges were dropped.

Does he have his problems, yeah...like getting rid of these hood rats he keeps dating, but that's not a suspendable offense.

Go worry about your team getting arrested and leave ours alone...mmkay?

NorthernLights
06-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Congrats to Brandon and the Bronco fans. He is a great talent and is a force in this league. Let's hope he has truly learned from the past and can keep on with being a good guy.

Take care.

NL

Poet
06-02-2009, 06:54 PM

That's the quote you highlighted...

What's the point of highlighting that?

The charges were dropped because the cop didn't know what was happening, only that no one was hurt and no one violated a law.

I'm all about Marshall NOT getting even looked at by cops, but the charges were dropped.

Does he have his problems, yeah...like getting rid of these hood rats he keeps dating, but that's not a suspendable offense.

Go worry about your team getting arrested and leave ours alone...mmkay?
The point is that when you have a guy who has the past he does, and you run a league that does not require a conviction to suspend a player, you shouldn't give ANYONE with his past the benefit of the doubt. That was the point of highlighting the quote. You don't know for sure what happened, but based on his past you know what probably did happen. So drop the damn hammer on him. Why would you give him the benefit of the doubt? Why?

As far as me "leaving your team alone", this is just as much "my" website as it is "your" website. Until they make a rule that prohibits fans from another team from posting in Broncos talk I will post my point of view.

Funny thing was, when we agree on something you have no issue with me doing that. But, as soon as we disagree Mo the Alpha Male comes out. Rawr, spare me.

Simple Jaded
06-02-2009, 06:57 PM
This kind of thing has happened too many times to Marshall for it to be a coincident, nobody is that unlucky.

Personally/Selfishly, I'm glad to hear that Marshall will not be suspended, but I believe that where there is smoke there is usually fire and at this rate, Brandon Marshall is going to have to start wearing a gas mask.

Aside from this, there is a lot to like about Brandon Marshall, hopefully this is the last we hear of such things.......

MOtorboat
06-02-2009, 06:59 PM
The point is that when you have a guy who has the past he does, and you run a league that does not require a conviction to suspend a player, you shouldn't give ANYONE with his past the benefit of the doubt. That was the point of highlighting the quote. You don't know for sure what happened, but based on his past you know what probably did happen. So drop the damn hammer on him. Why would you give him the benefit of the doubt? Why?

As far as me "leaving your team alone", this is just as much "my" website as it is "your" website. Until they make a rule that prohibits fans from another team from posting in Broncos talk I will post my point of view.

Funny thing was, when we agree on something you have no issue with me doing that. But, as soon as we disagree Mo the Alpha Male comes out. Rawr, spare me.

Frigging relax, King. It was a joke. I'm sorry if you can't handle that. This time away from bacon is really taking its toll. I'm hardly an alpha male, so you can go stick it, as far as that. I'm sorry that some people don't understand my sarcasm.

Just to clarify your point, if he gets a speeding ticket, should the commissioner "drop the hammer?" After all, it was a violation of the law.

Poet
06-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Frigging relax, King. It was a joke. I'm sorry if you can't handle that. This time away from bacon is really taking its toll. I'm hardly an alpha male, so you can go stick it, as far as that. I'm sorry that some people don't understand my sarcasm.

Just to clarify your point, if he gets a speeding ticket, should the commissioner "drop the hammer?" After all, it was a violation of the law.

No, a speeding ticket would not warrant the dropage of hammer. And I am far from a "fire and brimestone" suspend everyone type of guy.

But when I see a guy who has the SAME charges pressed against him time after time after time and who is ALWAYS in trouble get in MORE trouble I have a hard time being ok with nothing happening to him. Especially when the league goes "we don't really know what happened". So what? It is impossible for anyone to be that snake bitten or to be that "unlucky".

Nomad
06-02-2009, 07:03 PM
This kind of thing has happened too many times to Marshall for it to be a coincident, nobody is that unlucky.

Personally/Selfishly, I'm glad to hear that Marshall will not be suspended, but I believe that where there is smoke there is usually fire and at this rate, Brandon Marshall is going to have to start wearing a gas mask.

Aside from this, there is a lot to like about Brandon Marshall, hopefully this is the last we hear of such things.......

SCBA or OBA;) just giving you a hard time!:D

I agree, that's why I wouldn't be so quick to pay him just yet and plus we need to reevaluate what he can do on the field.

MOtorboat
06-02-2009, 07:04 PM
No, a speeding ticket would not warrant the dropage of hammer. And I am far from a "fire and brimestone" suspend everyone type of guy.

But when I see a guy who has the SAME charges pressed against him time after time after time and who is ALWAYS in trouble get in MORE trouble I have a hard time being ok with nothing happening to him. Especially when the league goes "we don't really know what happened". So what? It is impossible for anyone to be that snake bitten or to be that "unlucky".

The league isn't clear, because the officer isn't clear. That's why charges were dropped.

Look, this guy is on pins and needles, and the next thing he does warrants a big suspension, but this incident just doesn't warrant it.

Poet
06-02-2009, 07:05 PM
The league isn't clear, because the officer isn't clear. That's why charges were dropped.

Look, this guy is on pins and needles, and the next thing he does warrants a big suspension, but this incident just doesn't warrant it.

I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree.

MOtorboat
06-02-2009, 07:11 PM
I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree.

Well, King, I'll agree with you on one thing...this guy needs to stay clean from here on out.

Lonestar
06-02-2009, 08:29 PM

Goodell have not definitive proof that he was guilty of anything besides being stupid..

that is far from saying "it's obvious that there was absolutely nothing there" because if there was NOTHING there the police would not have been involved up front..

Just not enough to get a conviction.. you know beyond a reasonable doubt..

BroncoWave
06-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Goodell have not definitive proof that he was guilty of anything besides being stupid..

that is far from saying "it's obvious that there was absolutely nothing there" because if there was NOTHING there the police would not have been involved up front..

Just not enough to get a conviction.. you know beyond a reasonable doubt..

I should have said it's fairly obvious that nothing ILLEGAL happened or the charges wouldn't have been dropped so quickly. I'm sure something happened but I doubt it was much more than a verbal dispute.

Magnificent Seven
06-03-2009, 12:24 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Brandon Marshall is free to play the entire 2009 season, provided that his surgically repaired hip allows it.

The Denver Broncos' Pro Bowl wide receiver learned Tuesday that he won't face disciplinary action from the NFL over his latest arrest in a domestic dispute.

League spokesman Greg Aiello told The Associated Press that Marshall has been notified that no punishment is forthcoming as the result of his March 1 arrest that stemmed from a fight with his new fiancee in Atlanta.

Charges were dropped the next day when Marshall and his fiancee, Michi Leshase Nogami-Campbell, refused to testify against each other.

"Brandon is thrilled," Marshall's lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, told The AP. "I've always maintained that the NFL would treat us fairly. We felt if they took the time to do a thorough investigation, which they did, there would be no basis for discipline. That was the finding. We're thrilled."

Steinberg said Marshall received a letter from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell clearing him but also cautioning him to steer clear of trouble.

"The letter in summary says: We've done a full and complete investigation of the situation, and because it's not clear what took place, we don't feel there's a basis for discipline," Steinberg said. "He (Goodell) expected Brandon to toe the line, and Brandon will toe the line."

Said Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire: "We are humbled, enthused and excited by this decision by the commissioner's office. We also understand that Brandon has to continue to grow, be accountable and responsible. We have no doubt he'll do all the above and more."

The Broncos, who had no immediate comment Tuesday, were worried that Marshall's latest arrest could lead to another suspension for repeated violations of the league's personal-conduct policy. Marshall missed last year's opener after he was suspended because of a series of police-related incidents with his former girlfriend.

Repeat offenders of the league's personal-conduct policy, such as Tank Johnson and Chris Henry, have received eight-game suspensions. Adam "Pacman" Jones was suspended for the 2007 season after repeated run-ins with the law.

Marshall, 25, was suspended for three games last season, but he and Steinberg successfully had the punishment whittled to one game, plus two paychecks totaling $52,352, when the wide receiver pledged to stay out of trouble and off the police blotter. He broke up with his former girlfriend, made weekly visits to inner-city youth and earlier this year proposed to Nogami-Campbell.

On March 1, police were summoned to Marshall's residence in Atlanta when he and his fiancee got into a heated argument. With police looking on, the fight escalated, and Marshall and his fiancee began kicking and punching each other on the sidewalk outside his home, according to a police report. Neither one needed medical attention, and both of them were arrested, charged with disorderly conduct and taken to the Atlanta City Jail.

Marshall's latest arrest and his recent hip surgery put a crimp in his hopes of signing a huge contract this year as one of the league's top receivers.

Marshall is due $2.2 million this season in the final year of a four-year contract that he signed as a rookie. Although he has posted back-to-back 100-catch seasons and made the Pro Bowl last season, nobody knows if Marshall will be the same player following hip surgery.

Marshall's agent said his client is rehabilitating from his hip surgery in Orlando, Fla., and his absence from the Broncos' voluntary minicamp this week isn't a ploy to seek a contract re-negotiation.

As for Marshall's rehab, McGuire said, "He's progressing well."

Marshall caught 104 passes for 1,265 yards and six touchdowns last season. However, he dropped 18 on-target passes, something he blamed on the nerve damage in his right arm, which he said he put through a television set while horsing around with his brother a year ago during the offseason.

In three NFL seasons, Marshall has caught 226 passes for 2,899 yards and 15 touchdowns, although he has fumbled eight times, losing four.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810a0c51&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Magnificent Seven
06-03-2009, 12:27 AM
is that good news for Mile High City? :beer:

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 01:18 AM
I should have said it's fairly obvious that nothing ILLEGAL happened or the charges wouldn't have been dropped so quickly. I'm sure something happened but I doubt it was much more than a verbal dispute.

which with his history means alot.. and he is not going to get many more get out of jail free cards to play with Goodell..

Lots of folks might call this kid dead man walking.. it is a matter of time before he brain farts again and sees suspension time..

the ONLY way to keep him straight and narrow it to keep him IN DOVE VALLEY working with the team..

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 01:26 AM
merged yet another thread on the same subect..

Elevation inc
06-03-2009, 03:35 AM
which with his history means alot.. and he is not going to get many more get out of jail free cards to play with Goodell..

Lots of folks might call this kid dead man walking.. it is a matter of time before he brain farts again and sees suspension time..

the ONLY way to keep him straight and narrow it to keep him IN DOVE VALLEY working with the team..

i think they argued she got mad went after him, he put her up against a wall to chill her out and becasue it happened to be public and it was marshall....well there ya go.....nothing crazy....

my wife rocks but every person is capable of throwing some blows and getting really feisty when angry, even my wife has gotten upset and gotten fesity, and i simply braced her against a wall or couch...lol or hugged her very tight to calm down and told her to chill out. and then it was done.... and we were fine and laughed, it just never happened outside...women can be instigators as well....overeaction happens all the time all over the world with families in every country. its called emotion....now serious physical damage and abuse there is no place for that....but i doubt that is what this was

seriously should marshall be punished for preventing his fiance from getting a lick in his chest or a kick in a shin, should she be arrested for yelling and kicking his shin?.....how lame.....lol

heck i remeber my best friend and his wife being yelled at by a on duty cop for wrestling in a playground, some neighbor thought it was serious and called the cops. now it wasnt serious, but it wasnt lax eitehr so both learned a lesson...save that stuff for the comfort of your own home.

i belive both naomi and marshall realized that the public is watching everywhere and they need to be more careful.

if something serious had happend the charges wouldnt have been dropped so quickly.....

Thnikkaman
06-03-2009, 07:49 AM
King,

As far as the law is concerned, he didn't touch the girl, just got into a verbal altercation. I understand that is the history that has been pinned on him. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Marshal is not the type of guy that needs to beat his women like the normal repeat domestic abuse stereotype. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I would love to see Marshal realize that he shouldn't be getting himself into that type of situation, and this current off season may or may not put that through his thick skull.

As far as myself being charged for domestic violence, I never have been. What's your point? Yes I have done some stupid things when I was young like loosing a paycheck at the craps table, but I realized that behavior would be detrimental to me and I stopped. I think if I can do that, Marshal can do that.

Nomad
06-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Reading an article on PFT moments ago, Marshall still has a trial to go through for a previous altercation and isn't out of the woods yet......as far as being suspended.

pnbronco
06-03-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't thing Brandon is a bad person, but I think he really, really needs to grow up and stop making such bad choices in his life. I hope he takes the counseling serious.

NightTrainLayne
06-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Reading an article on PFT moments ago, Marshall still has a trial to go through for a previous altercation and isn't out of the woods yet......as far as being suspended.

That's a civil case from an altercation that happened last year, and it was already considered by Gooddell in Marshall's suspension last year.

jrelway
06-03-2009, 11:27 AM
im glad that goodell did the right thing by not suspending him. now lets give brandon a new contract with a few stips in it. like if he gets into any trouble, this gets deducted here and there.

Mike
06-03-2009, 12:25 PM
That's pathetic. I know he's your player and all, but that's pathetic.

We should all listen to King. If anyone knows about loser players it is a Bengal fan. ;)

Nomad
06-03-2009, 12:30 PM
That's a civil case from an altercation that happened last year, and it was already considered by Gooddell in Marshall's suspension last year.

I didn't know this. It just said if he is convicted, there could be possible suspension.

No one has answered my question of can a new contract be given once the season starts around midseason or new contracts can only be given in the offseason. If they can do this, then yes put stips/language in there about character and behavior but I rather wait and see if he is the same player before his surgery minus dropping balls.

Poet
06-03-2009, 12:51 PM
We should all listen to King. If anyone knows about loser players it is a Bengal fan. ;)

Damn right. Just like if I wanted someone's opinion on an entire slew of worthless defensive players minus one or two, I'd listen to you guys. ;)

weazel
06-03-2009, 01:43 PM

woot woot!

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 01:56 PM
i think they argued she got mad went after him, he put her up against a wall to chill her out and becasue it happened to be public and it was marshall....well there ya go.....nothing crazy....

my wife rocks but every person is capable of throwing some blows and getting really feisty when angry, even my wife has gotten upset and gotten fesity, and i simply braced her against a wall or couch...lol or hugged her very tight to calm down and told her to chill out. and then it was done.... and we were fine and laughed, it just never happened outside...women can be instigators as well....overeaction happens all the time all over the world with families in every country. its called emotion....now serious physical damage and abuse there is no place for that....but i doubt that is what this was

seriously should marshall be punished for preventing his fiance from getting a lick in his chest or a kick in a shin, should she be arrested for yelling and kicking his shin?.....how lame.....lol

heck i remeber my best friend and his wife being yelled at by a on duty cop for wrestling in a playground, some neighbor thought it was serious and called the cops. now it wasnt serious, but it wasnt lax eitehr so both learned a lesson...save that stuff for the comfort of your own home.

i belive both naomi and marshall realized that the public is watching everywhere and they need to be more careful.

if something serious had happend the charges wouldnt have been dropped so quickly.....

well in most states that is assault and when he touched her battery how ever minor that is what the legal term is..

I know that it was beyond minor and in my first marriage my wife was always the one that went off the charts and came at me.. I now suspect her dad had beat on her as he was a drunk and had done time.. But I got out of that marriage and my current wife and I have really not had raised voices now in almost 30 years.. Not that we agree on everything we just never shout it out.. and because her dad was a mean drunk She is determined not to be..

so that said .. this moron has to walk an even finer line than most because he has a rep.. and Goodell is gonna drop him like a bad habit the next time he sees the back seat of a cop car.. for that reason many teams will not be interested but some will take the risk but that market is smaller that it was before the surgery and latest altercation..

Lonestar
06-03-2009, 02:00 PM
I didn't know this. It just said if he is convicted, there could be possible suspension.

No one has answered my question of can a new contract be given once the season starts around midseason or new contracts can only be given in the offseason. If they can do this, then yes put stips/language in there about character and behavior but I rather wait and see if he is the same player before his surgery minus dropping balls.

they can redo contracts anytime most are done offseason or before TC just because it is less hectic..

Denver Native (Carol)
06-03-2009, 04:26 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12510986

Before attempting to contact Brandon Marshall on Wednesday, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels discussed the NFL's decision in not suspending Denver's standout receiver for his March 1 arrest for disorderly conduct in the Atlanta area.

The case was dismissed March 2 and Marshall received a letter from the league Tuesday saying he would not be disciplined for the incident.

"Happy that the league reviewed that situation and put it behind them, and looking forward for Brandon playing a full season," McDaniels said after a passing camp practice at team headquarters today. "We'll talk here shortly. I'm sure he's relieved that that's past him as well."

Marshall, who is recovering from hip surgery in Orlando, Fla., still faces possible league sanctions because of a previous run-in with the law. He is facing a court case this month in Atlanta stemming from misdemeanor battery charges from a 2008 incident with his former girlfriend.

"Out of our control," McDaniels said of Marshall's court case. "That's a league issue, and whatever they come down with, or whatever they decided, we got to deal with it, and we'll do it at that time."

McDaniels said he is not concerned that Marshall is rehabilitating from his hip surgery in Orlando.

"Rehab is going fine. He's doing everything he's supposed to be doing, everything he could be doing," McDaniels said. "None of our injured players are out here. That's standard procedure, so he wouldn't be out here either. We're excited about the opportunity to get him into the offense when he's healthy."

Footnote

Defensive end Elvis Dumervil will miss next week's practices to attend to a family matter.