PDA

View Full Version : Knights of The Old Republic New Video from E3

MasterShake
06-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Awesome! MMORPG I believe...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49937

Thnikkaman
06-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I am so looking forward to this. Man do I love it when E3 comes around every year.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-02-2009, 04:46 PM
That is nuts. I'd actually get a good computer to play that.

Shazam!
06-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I would've hoped it had stayed away from an MMORPG and remained a more traditional Bioware epic like Mass Effect. The engine is already there too... Oh well.

MasterShake
06-03-2009, 06:52 AM
I would've hoped it had stayed away from an MMORPG and remained a more traditional Bioware epic like Mass Effect. The engine is already there too... Oh well.

Me too. I'll wait for a proper sequel. Its a cool movie, but the actual game is not 100 jedi vs sith. Its your typical wait 3 hours for a group then level up for 5 hours and get a divorce MMORPG. I don't have the time for stuff like that. Cool movie though.

honz
06-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Badass trailer, but not my type of game. Probably the best game trailer I have ever seen though...movie quality.

LordTrychon
06-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Me too. I'll wait for a proper sequel. Its a cool movie, but the actual game is not 100 jedi vs sith. Its your typical wait 3 hours for a group then level up for 5 hours and get a divorce MMORPG. I don't have the time for stuff like that. Cool movie though.

They have no plans for a 'proper' sequel.

From what I've read about the game though, I'd imagine there will be at least a 'little' more single player play available than your standard wait for a divorce MMORPG. You will have NPC companions just as you would in a non MMO game.... and your actions will affect them... they can choose to stay with you or betray you... etc...

I look forward to this game, and desperately hope I've won the lottery by then and can afford the time to play it a bit... since there won't be another KOTOR coming to look forward to... although there's rumors about Battlefront 3....

LordTrychon
06-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Oh... and I think it's technically just "Star Wars: The Old Republic"

Shazam!
06-05-2009, 12:59 AM
HK47 is one of the most memorable non-lead characters in all of gaming.

Almost every one of his spoken lines were hilarious.

LordTrychon
06-05-2009, 01:01 AM
HK47 is one of the most memorable non-lead characters in all of gaming.

Almost every one of his spoken lines were hilarious.

I hope they capitalize on his fame... meatbag...