PDA

View Full Version : OTAs today.

BroncoWave
05-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Vic Lombardi is tweeting from OTAs today with some interesting/funny stuff:

"We're not allowed to tweet about te coaching. But Manning is definitely a coach on this team. He's running the QB drills."

"Manning just changed a play at the line of scrimmage. It was erotic."

"Watching Manning run play-action is like watching a famous guy do something famous."

"Hillman is faaaaast. Knowshon running full-speed again. Osweiler is tall."

"Manning just completed three straight 6-yard curls!!!!"

www.twitter.com/viclombardi

BroncoWave
05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
"Manning now screaming at his receivers: "gotta get back to that spot". I think Decker just peed himself."

underrated29
05-21-2012, 12:02 PM
keep them coming! Love this stuff

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Champ nearly picked off Manning on a crossing route. Champ will now be executed.

DeMaryius Thomas is going to be a Pro Bowler in this offense.

Mike Adams and Quinton Carter starting safeties. Champ and Syd'Quan Thompson at corner.

Vic Lombardi Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

First team offense versus first team defense. #18 starting at QB.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos

Photos: Denver Broncos OTA practice on Monday May 21 2012 http://dpo.st/MALlpH

The #broncos newest Ring of Famer, Rod Smith, here watching practice

Tracy Porter and SydQuan Thompson have switched Nos. Porter is now 22 and Syd is 21

DJ Williams posted pictures on his Instagram that he's heading to a court hearing today.

Derek Wolfe is not here because of Cincinnati graduation

Also absent, but no surprise, is Matt Prater.

Knowshon Moreno, who had ACL surgery in November, is participating

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2012, 12:34 PM

Yea RT @BroncosForums: @PostBroncos so, is it porter on field opposite bailey with starters?

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 12:49 PM

Yea RT @BroncosForums: @PostBroncos so, is it porter on field opposite bailey with starters?

Someone tweeted, thought it was Lombardi, that Sydquan got the start opposite Bailey.

And Vic Lombardi is hilarious.

DenBronx
05-21-2012, 12:52 PM
"Manning now screaming at his receivers: "gotta get back to that spot". I think Decker just peed himself."

Manning is going to get in their grill and demand perfection. I love it!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Manning on the sideline in a deep conversation with Rod Smith. I'm sure Rod's trying to sell him some coffee.

Manning media scrum #broncos http://twitpic.com/9nqn2v

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2012, 12:58 PM

Manning stressing, over and over, how important OTAs are to him coming off injury. #broncos

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Dear Vic Lombardi,

Its erotic thinking about you saying its erotic to watch Peyton Manning change plays at the line of scrimmage in a Denver Broncos uniform.

Signed,
MO

Jsteve01
05-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Dear Mo,

That's not erotic for me

Regards

joelstevedave

DenBronx
05-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Dear Vic Lombardi,

Its erotic thinking about you saying its erotic to watch Peyton Manning change plays at the line of scrimmage in a Denver Broncos uniform.

Signed,
MO

I'm turned on.....knowing Manning isnt something we have had since 1999. If we got 4 good years out of this guy then we deffinitely have a shot at another SB.

Tned
05-21-2012, 01:04 PM
DP video of Manning passing today posted by Lindsay Jones: http://bcove.me/x3jvua6z

DenBronx
05-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Vic Lombardi‏@VicLombardi

Just wanna make this simple observation: Caleb Hanie has the largest calves on a quarterback I've ever seen. Hulk like.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Observations of first Broncos OTA: Manning's arm is fine. He yells a lot. He coaches as much as he plays. He runs the offense. He's good.

GEM
05-21-2012, 01:22 PM

Photos: Denver Broncos OTA practice on Monday May 21 2012 http://dpo.st/MALlpH

The #broncos newest Ring of Famer, Rod Smith, here watching practice

Tracy Porter and SydQuan Thompson have switched Nos. Porter is now 22 and Syd is 21

DJ Williams posted pictures on his Instagram that he's heading to a court hearing today.

Derek Wolfe is not here because of Cincinnati graduation

Also absent, but no surprise, is Matt Prater.

Knowshon Moreno, who had ACL surgery in November, is participating

Pay the kicker, morons.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2012, 01:23 PM

Blog: Broncos OTA attendance report http://dpo.st/JhFv8k #broncos

Broncos OTA attendance report

Veteran right guard Chris Kuper was the only Broncos starter absent from today’s first Organized Team Activity because of injury.

Kuper suffered a gruesome ankle injury in the 2011 regular-season finale Jan. 1 and has had two subsequent surgeries. Kuper is expected to be ready for the start of training camp, if not the mandatory minicamp in mid-June. With Kuper watching from the sidelines, veteran Manny Ramirez lined up with the first-team offensive line (along with RT Orlando Franklin, C JD Walton, LG Zane Beadles and LT Ryan Clady).

Tight end Julius Thomas, who had surgery on his ankle earlier this spring, also is not participating in workouts yet and is still wearing a walking boot on his foot.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/05/21/broncos-ota-attendance-report/13509/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GEM
05-21-2012, 01:25 PM
DP video of Manning passing today posted by Lindsay Jones: http://bcove.me/x3jvua6z

Oh man.....I might have to :gem: after watching that!! :D

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2012, 01:33 PM

#Broncos OTA photo gallery, by @Presto89: http://bit.ly/Jj2Gm2

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Under the gaze of the legendary John Elway and upwards of 60 media members, Peyton Manning completed his first day of mini-camp with the Broncos without a hitch. Throwing footballs with his charactertic precision and accuracy, Manning impressed everyone with his day at Dove Valley — most important, perhaps, himself.

"It felt good to be out there. I haven't really been out there like this for a year and a half. It's a day I've been waiting on for a long time," Manning said.

Asked how he's progressing physically, from the neck injury that sidelined him all of last season with the Indianapolis Colts, Manning said: "It's hard to say. I try to get better every day. That's my goal. I really need to use this time. I do think there's a difference when you are on the field, in helmets, going up against the defense. Up until now we haven't been able to go against a defense, so this will be great work for me."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20673527/peyton-manning-looks-good-first-full-team-workout

Ziggy
05-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Someone tweeted, thought it was Lombardi, that Sydquan got the start opposite Bailey.

And Vic Lombardi is hilarious.

No, it was Porter that started opposite Champ. The reporter didn't realize that Porter and Sid switched numbers.

BroncoWave
05-21-2012, 03:42 PM
"Observations of first Broncos OTA: Manning's arm is fine. He yells a lot. He coaches as much as he plays. He runs the offense. He's good."

@viclombardi

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Vic Lombardi Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Breaking: John Fox's fighter jet ride called off. The jet broke. Better for it to break while on the ground.

@GolfIsLife34 Porter and Syd'Quan actually switched numbers. That was Porter starting at corner today.

We'll be talking about Peyton Freaking Manning with Terrell Freaking Davis tonight on Xfinity Freaking Monday Live.

ShaneFalco
05-21-2012, 05:13 PM
for some reason, whenever i think of manning yelling, i think of his one check off " 48 WATERBUFFALO" lol his accent is great.

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm picturing the Saturday Night Live skit. I wonder who had to sit in the porta-potty for 20 minutes?

slim
05-21-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm picturing the Saturday Night Live skit. I wonder who had to sit in the porta-potty for 20 minutes?

Mike McCoy.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-21-2012, 06:32 PM

Peyton refuses to say and won't let anyone else, either... "I'll kill a snitch, I'm not saying I have, but..." was his only reply when asked...

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 06:34 PM
It's Bowlen! Every man for himself!

TXBRONC
05-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Pay the kicker, morons.

It's a rare thing to say pay the man in talking about a kicker.

Jsteve01
05-22-2012, 08:32 AM
It's a rare thing to say pay the man in talking about a kicker.

The guy should have been the MVP of our team last year. Pay him

Chef Zambini
05-22-2012, 09:36 AM
he will get paid, he is being paid, he wants an extended contract.
It kind of reminds me of vandrjacked-up.
great with the colts, dog-doo once he got a big contract, another guy with a drinking problem.
PRATER was excellent last year, came thru with big kicks in big situations !
rich CARELESS had one big year too....
just sayin.

pnbronco
05-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know when camp starts this year?

Seeing the pictures is getting me really pumped to be able to go and see for myself.

Davii
05-22-2012, 10:49 AM

Seeing the pictures is getting me really pumped to be able to go and see for myself.

Don't quote me on this Pola, but I think it's the last week of July.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-22-2012, 11:51 AM

#Broncos OTA today and tomorrow are completely closed to media. Will have some interviews with players at the end.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-22-2012, 11:57 AM

Rookies 7-26, Veterans 7-31, if the info on the link is accurate

http://www.freefantasyfootballpicks.com/2010/06/nfl-training-camp-dates-locations.html

GEM
05-22-2012, 12:16 PM
great with the colts, dog-doo once he got a big contract, another guy with a drinking problem.
just sayin.

Prater has been money for more than one year...just sayin.

pnbronco
05-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Rookies 7-26, Veterans 7-31, if the info on the link is accurate

http://www.freefantasyfootballpicks.com/2010/06/nfl-training-camp-dates-locations.html

You are so special and can find anything....thank you! I'm trying to decide if I want to do a Show in Long Beach that could be good or bad. The bad made me think how much of camp do I want to miss, but seeing that makes me think I can make more than not. Thanks again.....:D

Mr. Pro Bowl
05-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Went to the Broncos parking lot today to watch them practice, was told to leave.

"Come back end of July for Training camp" was the response...

NightTerror218
05-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Question for all you regular season attenders. How much is game ticket in a recommended seating? I am looking to visit Denver the beginning of next season in September. Coming out to see my Mom/sisters and grand parents and I would like to go to a game. Also when do they normally go on sale for the season?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Wednesday marked the final day in this first set of Organized Team Activities (OTAs). The Broncos will have 11 more voluntary OTA sessions before the mandatory minicamp June 12-14.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20692566/broncos-busy-watching-weight-during-first-round-otas?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I have no idea if this minicamp is open to the public

Denver Native (Carol)
05-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Question for all you regular season attenders. How much is game ticket in a recommended seating? I am looking to visit Denver the beginning of next season in September. Coming out to see my Mom/sisters and grand parents and I would like to go to a game. Also when do they normally go on sale for the season?

The second half for season tickets needs to be paid by 5-31. I would suggest calling the ticket office. There are a few tickets being sold on ticket master already.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/tickets-and-stadium/ticket-info.html

Cugel
05-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Still the greatest video skit ever:

"I'll kill a snitch. I'm not saying I have. I'm not saying I haven't."
(http://www.hulu.com/watch/1603/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-united-way)

"Are you TRYING to lose? You suck! I can't even look at you right now. Go over there and stay in the port-o-let for 20 minutes." :laugh:

pnbronco
05-23-2012, 07:25 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20692566/broncos-busy-watching-weight-during-first-round-otas?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I have no idea if this minicamp is open to the public

No, only Training Camp is open to the public. Which I think is 3 weeks and they put out the schedule of when the open practices are.

Mr. Pro Bowl
05-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Training camp starts at the end of July, like last year, the security guy told me.

Jsteve01
05-24-2012, 08:53 AM
just sayin.

ok so let me get this straight. You want to spend big money to sign a qb who's stunk up the joint the past two years, but not a kicker who has easily been in the top three in the league the last few years and was more important to his team than any other kicker in the league last year? Zam, I'll give you one thing. when you decide to stake your ground you will do it and you don't give ground.

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 09:43 AM
WHERE DID i SAY i WANT TO pay for another QB?
I said I believe it will happen if PM goes down.
dont like mcnabb?
who else you got as a FA QB ?
the kicker, he is franchised, he will be paid and he will be our kicker come the start of the season. he will make over 4 million dollars, closer to 5 !
I aint crying for poor old prater !
was he great last year when he wasnt at shot-gun willies, absolutely !
should we sign him to a long term contract, apparently JE and the front office are wrestling with thAT VERY CONCEPT?
so let me ask you, do you not trust JE to do the right thing?
zam does not laty down for any arguement and I wont shy away from any blatant hostility or derrogatory comments made about my football savvy, so if your looking for a web-fight, you found one!
I enjoy this shit and I can do it all day !
THIS season we will be paying prater more money as a franchised kicker than we ever paid elam !
chew on that while you come up with a response !

Canmore
05-27-2012, 02:11 AM
WHERE DID i SAY i WANT TO pay for another QB?
I said I believe it will happen if PM goes down.
dont like mcnabb?
who else you got as a FA QB ?
the kicker, he is franchised, he will be paid and he will be our kicker come the start of the season. he will make over 4 million dollars, closer to 5 !
I aint crying for poor old prater !
was he great last year when he wasnt at shot-gun willies, absolutely !
should we sign him to a long term contract, apparently JE and the front office are wrestling with thAT VERY CONCEPT?
so let me ask you, do you not trust JE to do the right thing?
zam does not laty down for any arguement and I wont shy away from any blatant hostility or derrogatory comments made about my football savvy, so if your looking for a web-fight, you found one!
I enjoy this shit and I can do it all day !
THIS season we will be paying prater more money as a franchised kicker than we ever paid elam !
chew on that while you come up with a response !

According to what I've found, the franchise tag on a kicker is 2.8 million.