PDA

View Full Version : Paxton: I want to be seen, not heard

Denver Native (Carol)
06-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Click on link to see all of his tattoos - he definitely could give Birdman a run for his money.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/05/27/paxton-i-want-to-be-seen-not-heard/

Yes, the Nuggets’ fan favorite has a challenger in the tattoo department here at Dove Valley in Lonie Paxton, the Broncos’ new long snapper. Every inch of Paxton’s right arm is tattooed in colorful ink, all the way to his wrist. His left arm is covered, too, down to the elbow. No wings, though, although he’ll take the comparison to the man who currently owns this city’s most famous arm artwork.

“California boys,” Paxton said, laughing. (Paxton is from the Anaheim area. Chris Andersen grew up about 30 miles away Long Beach.)

But despite the flashy ink, Paxton prefers to be unheralded — fitting for a position that generally only makes news for mistakes. Or, in Paxton’s case, a surprising free agent signing.

Paxton replaced Mike Leach as the Broncos’ long snapper in February, a move that surprised just about everyone in Broncoland (including Leach, who was still on the roster at the time). Even Paxton said he never considered Denver as a possible destination when his agent began looking for a new deal for him after his contract with New England expired.

“I never thought Denver,” Paxton said. “I thought Mike was really a consistent guy and you kind of look at the jobs that are open or the guys that may have had problems in the past, so I didn’t look at that, just kind of kept an open mind.”

If you believe the hype from Josh McDaniels — who overlapped with Paxton for eight years in New England — this might be the last you read about Paxton for a while, since the word around Dove Valley is that Paxton hasn’t botched a snap in longer than anyone can remember. And surely that’s OK with Paxton.

“For me, as a long snapper, I just try to be seen and not heard, just do my job,” Paxton said. “Sometimes, not even be seen. Just be consistent and make that part of the game that the guys can count on every time.”

horsepig
06-02-2009, 12:14 AM
coolio, daddio

Dirk
06-02-2009, 05:47 AM
An upgrade at any position is good. This one was just a question from the start because of what we had and the $$ they gave Paxton. Oh well...as long as he doesn't botch a snap for his entire stay with the Broncos...I'm good.

Nomad
06-02-2009, 06:34 AM
An upgrade at any position is good. This one was just a question from the start because of what we had and the $$ they gave Paxton. Oh well...as long as he doesn't botch a snap for his entire stay with the Broncos...I'm good.

And can tackle on kickoffs!!

Why would anyone want to paint themselves that much?:confused: I understand maybe a tattoo or two. Oh well, the fella better kick ass and no mistakes!

Dirk
06-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Why would anyone want to paint themselves that much?:confused:

I never understood the whole sleeve thing. I have 2 tats one on each arm from the shoulder to about half bicep. They both have actual meaning to me.

I guess if the sleeve has meaning to them i'm cool with it. Well, I guess if they just want to have "art" on their entire arm I'm cool with that as well. :lol: