PDA

View Full Version : Best sports song...

GEM
06-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Does this song just get you in the mood for the Broncos?

BIsbD0l_bEg

One of my rituals before the game starts.

Alfred Williams was playing this while I was on lunch the day of Game 6 Nugs vs. Lakers game. I was clapping, yelling, hooting and hollering and the people in the cars around me started laughing and yelling Hey on cue. :rockon:

This is just THE ABSOLUTE best sports song ever!! Reminds me of shaking the effing stands at Mile High! :D:D:D

I am now in the mood for some football...think I'll go home and watch the Den vs Green Bay Super Bowl. :rockon:

McKeough
06-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Was listening to this last night. GO WINGS! :beer:

SoCalImport
06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Question I have is what sport do you MOST associate it with?

It's gotta be Hockey, right?

btw. do you know what became of Garry Glitter?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1046636/Rejected-Vietnam-Thailand-Hong-Kong---pop-pervert-Glitter-finally-agrees-return-Britain.html

MOtorboat
06-01-2009, 07:23 PM
That song should only be played at Avalanche games and Buffaloes home games, where the crowd can chant, **** 'em up, **** 'em up, go CU.

Other than...it should never be used, anywhere,

titan
06-01-2009, 07:24 PM
That song started being played at pro sports events with the old Colorado Rockies of the National Hockey League. Goals were few and far between for the old Rockies but they'd play that song after every one - setting off a celebration among the fans. From the Rockies it spread to the Broncos and other pro sports teams.

I always associate the song with the old Rockies first - even though the team was bad it was fun going to their games in my college years.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-01-2009, 07:25 PM
This song was first used by the Colorado Rockies at their hockey games in the late 1970's, and the Broncos were the FIRST NFL team to play the song during games. I had heard before that Colorado teams were the first to use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_Roll_(Gary_Glitter_song)

It was played first in a sport setting at Colorado Rockies hockey games in the late 1970s,[1] and the Denver Broncos are the first NFL team to play the song during games.

SoCalImport
06-01-2009, 07:27 PM
That song started being played at pro sports events with the old Colorado Rockies of the National Hockey League. Goals were few and far between for the old Rockies but they'd play that song after every one - setting off a celebration among the fans. From the Rockies it spread to the Broncos and other pro sports teams.

I always associate the song with the old Rockies first - even though the team was bad it was fun going to their games in my college years.

Great bit of sports history. Thanks, man. :salute:
I like learning stuff.

Buff
06-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Definitely the best sports song ever. It was the perfect post-touchdown song at Broncos games. Then Glitter had to go and molest kids and the NFL asked teams to stop playing it. I don't know if all teams still respect the ban, or if they've since lifted it, because I know most other professional/amateur sports venues still play the song.

I liked it best after Avs goals in their glory days when they had the buzzer/siren type horn (before they went to the foghorn)... Then they'd go immediately into the hey song.

Also good at CU football games.

GEM
06-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Question I have is what sport do you MOST associate it with?

It's gotta be Hockey, right?

btw. do you know what became of Garry Glitter?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1046636/Rejected-Vietnam-Thailand-Hong-Kong---pop-pervert-Glitter-finally-agrees-return-Britain.html

I associate it mostly with sitting in the south stands at the old Mile High...that's just personal experience though.

Yea...he's a pedophile. :yardog: Don't know why they don't still play the effing song and pay the royalty to a children's organization of some sort.

Buff
06-01-2009, 09:38 PM
GO WINGS!

:coffee:

Cutler5280
06-01-2009, 09:46 PM
We Ready by Archie Eversole

The Broncos were one of the first teams to use this song right Before kickoff..

Thnikkaman
06-02-2009, 08:55 AM
I have always associated that song with the Broncos. I remember hearing it for the first time at my first Broncos game when I was 8. I am sure I would have heard it at Rockies games if my dad would have been into Hockey the way I am now. I hope to get my boys interested in the Avs at a young age. :D

BroncoNut
06-02-2009, 09:00 AM
no, I think it is cheesy as shit

NightTrainLayne
06-02-2009, 09:36 AM

It's better than "Who Let the Dogs Out".

GEM
06-02-2009, 10:28 AM

Nut, did you ever go to a game at the old Mile High? If you did, then you'd realize why that song is the best. That song got that place rocking. You could feel the whole stadium shake then. Kicked the shit out of Invesco.

I dunno, that song just gets me in the mood for football.

What song do you like for sports, nut?

SoCalImport
06-02-2009, 10:29 AM
It's better than "Who Let the Dogs Out".

Or the tame version of Let's get Retarded ("let's get it started". My ass)

then again. that may have been just the NBA overusing that one.

BroncoNut
06-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Nut, did you ever go to a game at the old Mile High? If you did, then you'd realize why that song is the best. That song got that place rocking. You could feel the whole stadium shake then. Kicked the shit out of Invesco.

I dunno, that song just gets me in the mood for football.

What song do you like for sports, nut?

actually, I don't even know what song it is, never hit the link. sounds like a good one though. Glad you enjoy it.

Rock on

GEM
06-02-2009, 12:30 PM
actually, I don't even know what song it is, never hit the link. sounds like a good one though. Glad you enjoy it.

Rock on

Dork :laugh:

Devilspawn
06-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I hate this song. They played it all throughout the Bulls run.

Still love Hell's Bells, even if half the friggin NFL decided to use it. :tsk: