PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about, and comment upon?

Mannway187
05-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Last year with the Broncos sitting at 1-4 and not looking to be much better the rest of the year, Elway attended a home game of his alma mater. During the second half, there standing on the Stanford sideline was one former Stanford legend having a laugh with one future Stanford legend named Andrew Luck.
The next day the Broncos hosted the San Diego Chargers. During halftime with the Chargers well ahead the decision was made to make a change at QB and throw Tebow to the wolves.
I still believe that that decision was made with two things in mind.
(1) To provide proof that Tebow was not the quarterback of the future and
(2) Throwing him to the wolves would put us in position to possibly get that coveted first overall pick.

The fact that Tebow began to win games shocked the Broncos FO more than even the rest of the planet. Games that the Broncos would have not won if Orton had remained at QB. Elway knew from experience that Tebow did not have the skills to play QB in the NFL. He also knew that Tebow was a fan favorite and the only way he could get rid of him without upsetting those who buy tickets would be by allowing Tebow to play exactly the way he did, terribly. More of Tebows passes hit the ground than hit recievers, he usually held the ball to long or he gave up on plays and took off running.
You could see that Elway was not impressed with Tebow. His team was winning but while Elway applauded those victories the expression on his face showed anquish. There was no way he was going to get Luck now, but even worse he was worried he was going to be stuck with this fan favored freak ruining his team and doing it from the very position he had worked so hard at and spent a lifetime mastering. He was stuck with Tebow who was nothing more than a glorified running back.

Along came Payton Manning.

Did Elway maybe mention the idea that Tebow was ruining the position both had worked so hard at mastering? Is Manning the type of person who also understands that the position of NFL quarterback has always been valued and respected and not a position that can be played by an over glorified running back?

Its not just his legacy, but the legacy of all the great QBs that have ever played in the NFL that he is seeking to preserve. That is why John Elway brought Peyton Manning to Denver and why he then drafted a guy who is more likely to become a prototypical pocket passer than that fan favored knee taking overglorified running back he dreaded being stuck with. The guy the Jets plan to use as a blocking dummy on special teams. True quartebacks don't block, and they never play on special teams, unless they're home schooled virgins who graduated with the help of special ed. NFL Quarterbacks Don't Ride The Short Bus!!!

MOtorboat
05-19-2012, 04:08 PM
No.

It's not a grand conspiracy to protect anyone's legacy. They moved on because Tebow is a terrible quarterback who managed to win a few games in one season.

NorCalBronco7
05-19-2012, 04:44 PM
yup, Elway no likey shity qbs.

OrangeHoof
05-19-2012, 05:35 PM
One reason why a 100-post rule should be enforced.

Timmy!
05-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Oh ffs sake. :tubbypooppic:

Northman
05-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Oi Vey, as if there werent enough threads on this subject already but ill humor you.

Last year with the Broncos sitting at 1-4 and not looking to be much better the rest of the year, Elway attended a home game of his alma mater. During the second half, there standing on the Stanford sideline was one former Stanford legend having a laugh with one future Stanford legend named Andrew Luck.

There's zero proof that Luck will be a future hall of famer. So this comment is false for the moment.

The next day the Broncos hosted the San Diego Chargers. During halftime with the Chargers well ahead the decision was made to make a change at QB and throw Tebow to the wolves.
I still believe that that decision was made with two things in mind.
(1) To provide proof that Tebow was not the quarterback of the future and
(2) Throwing him to the wolves would put us in position to possibly get that coveted first overall pick.

Conspiracy theories are fun but again no factual evidence to back up this claim. In fact, it simply could of been that Elway and company wanted to see what Tebow could do win, lose, or draw which they did throughout the rest of the year.

The fact that Tebow began to win games shocked the Broncos FO more than even the rest of the planet. Games that the Broncos would have not won if Orton had remained at QB. Elway knew from experience that Tebow did not have the skills to play QB in the NFL. He also knew that Tebow was a fan favorite and the only way he could get rid of him without upsetting those who buy tickets would be by allowing Tebow to play exactly the way he did, terribly. More of Tebows passes hit the ground than hit recievers, he usually held the ball to long or he gave up on plays and took off running.

Of course it shocked the world including the FO. Tebow was winning in a way that wasnt conventional and inspiring a team that sorely needed it.

You could see that Elway was not impressed with Tebow.

This is false. Elway constantly gave kudos to Tebow for his leadership and athleticism.

His team was winning but while Elway applauded those victories the expression on his face showed anquish.

If anguish is clapping your hands and having a huge grin than you and i have different views on what anguish really is.

Along came Payton Manning.

Did Elway maybe mention the idea that Tebow was ruining the position both had worked so hard at mastering? Is Manning the type of person who also understands that the position of NFL quarterback has always been valued and respected and not a position that can be played by an over glorified running back?

Its not just his legacy, but the legacy of all the great QBs that have ever played in the NFL that he is seeking to preserve. That is why John Elway brought Peyton Manning to Denver and why he then drafted a guy who is more likely to become a prototypical pocket passer than that fan favored knee taking overglorified running back he dreaded being stuck with. The guy the Jets plan to use as a blocking dummy on special teams. True quartebacks don't block, and they never play on special teams, unless they're home schooled virgins who graduated with the help of special ed. NFL Quarterbacks Don't Ride The Short Bus!!!

Legacy has nothing to do with it. Manning came on the market and Denver and a slew of other teams took the opportunity to try and land him. In the end its not about legacy but about winning championships. Manning is proven and thus the move was made. Tebow wanted to be a starter and so Denver sent him on his way to a location of his choice so he could have that shot. Oz is someone they believe can replace Manning eventually but none of that is guaranteed at this point.

SR
05-19-2012, 09:54 PM
OP post is too long to read while intoxicated

MOtorboat
05-19-2012, 10:01 PM

Don't worry about it. It's full of Tebow conspiracies.

Simple Jaded
05-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Elway would have replaced Tim Tebow regardless of the circumstances, I think Osweiler proves it. If you're gonna draft a QB that high after signing a future HoFer you're not gonna let the Justin Beeber of the NFL change your plans. Whether Tebow started or Orton finished the entire season, Elway was getting a QB.

Going after Manning was just common sense, actually pulling it off was a gift. What Tebow was doing to the QB position had nothing to do with it.......

nevcraw
05-19-2012, 11:26 PM
I still believe tebow will prove his metal at QB. my conspiracy theorists think Bowlen is deathly ill and Elway wants to get him the best shot of hoisting the lomardi before his death.. and he never liked tebow.

Chef Zambini
05-20-2012, 10:26 AM
ELWAY sent tebow on to the field to fail.

see the detroit game for details.

tebows miracles were bitter sweet.
any OBJECTIVE viewer could see that while elway applauded, MEEKLY, he was regurgitating the bile in his throat!
it was mother f'n obvious !
the manning signing accomplished TWO very important things;
1. we got ourselves a real honest to god top tier QB.
and
2. almost as important, it paved the way to send tebow packing!
something that would have been a PR nightmare had not ELWAY had a replacement the likes of MANNING !
I dont think the "sactity" of the QB position had anything to do with influencing peytons decision.
I do think elways assurance that the tebow circus would be leaving town however, was essential for peyton to settle on denver.

Chef Zambini
05-20-2012, 10:27 AM
I still believe tebow will prove his metal at QB. my conspiracy theorists think Bowlen is deathly ill and Elway wants to get him the best shot of hoisting the lomardi before his death.. and he never liked tebow.when it comes to passing skills, tebows "metal" is aluminum foil.

broncobryce
05-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Elway wanted Manning so he could have an excuse to get rid of Tebow. It worked great for Elway, lets just see if it works great for the team/future. It's no secret I was against the move.

Dapper Dan
05-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Tebow isn't shitty. He isn't awful. He's decent. He's not Peyton Manning. Peyton is possibly the best ever. That's why Tebow is gone. If Manning signs with anyone else, Tebow is starting again for Denver.

Simple Jaded
05-20-2012, 03:59 PM
ELWAY sent tebow on to the field to fail.

see the detroit game for details.

tebows miracles were bitter sweet.
any OBJECTIVE viewer could see that while elway applauded, MEEKLY, he was regurgitating the bile in his throat!
it was mother f'n obvious !
the manning signing accomplished TWO very important things;
1. we got ourselves a real honest to god top tier QB.
and
2. almost as important, it paved the way to send tebow packing!
something that would have been a PR nightmare had not ELWAY had a replacement the likes of MANNING !
I dont think the "sactity" of the QB position had anything to do with influencing peytons decision.
I do think elways assurance that the tebow circus would be leaving town however, was essential for peyton to settle on denver.

It's sad that a QB like Manning would be necessary to replace Tim Tebow when there were dozens of QB's in this years draft that could come in and play just as poorly.......

Tebow isn't shitty. He isn't awful. He's decent. He's not Peyton Manning. Peyton is possibly the best ever. That's why Tebow is gone. If Manning signs with anyone else, Tebow is starting again for Denver.

Should Manning have signed elsewhere, I agree that Tebow would have went into TC as the starter but I'm convinced Elway comes out of the '12 draft with his replacement.......

OrangeHoof
05-20-2012, 06:05 PM
If the Broncos had wanted Tebow to fail, why did they redesign the offense to play to his talents? If they wanted him to fail, why didn't they switch to a spread offense and make him pass on every down instead of running the ball so much?

Timmy!
05-20-2012, 07:01 PM
If the Broncos had wanted Tebow to fail, why did they redesign the offense to play to his talents? If they wanted him to fail, why didn't they switch to a spread offense and make him pass on every down instead of running the ball so much?

Logic?! **** of here with that shit! :heh: I mean it was so completely obvious the Broncos were trying to lose games by making Tebow throw 30 times a game last year and he just audibled to the running play jesus whispered in his ear and saved the day. :tinfoilhat:

Cugel
05-20-2012, 07:14 PM

I don't see why. It was clearly WRITTEN while intoxicated, why can't you read it in the same vein? :ranger:

http://static.diary.ru/userdir/4/3/2/0/432025/67623671.jpg

Elway wanted to protect some "legacy?" He wants to win a Championship. Period. If he thought he could win it with Tebow he'd have kept Tebow.

It's a conspiracy I tell you! A conspiracy! Protect the kitty! :rolleyes:

Cugel
05-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Elway would have replaced Tim Tebow regardless of the circumstances, I think Osweiler proves it. If you're gonna draft a QB that high after signing a future HoFer you're not gonna let the Justin Beeber of the NFL change your plans. Whether Tebow started or Orton finished the entire season, Elway was getting a QB.

Going after Manning was just common sense, actually pulling it off was a gift. What Tebow was doing to the QB position had nothing to do with it.......

That's pretty obvious. It's not a conspiracy. Tebow SUCKS at throwing the football. This is a passing league. He's not going to entirely change his throwing mechanics and become an elite passer. You need an elite passing QB to win a SB.

Elway knows this hence he would probably have drafted not Osweiler but Weeden to be the Broncos starter in 2012. Weeden was available at #25 you know. But, he's 29 so you need to start him immediately.

That would have caused a MAJOR shit-storm among all the Teboniacs of course. But it's pretty clear that Elway couldn't care less what the fans think. He's going to do what he thinks is going to win a championship and take the heat if that what happens.

Getting Manning just eliminates 99% of the criticism, leaving only the hard-right wing fringe group of true Tebow worshipers.

Chef Zambini
05-20-2012, 11:37 PM
If the Broncos had wanted Tebow to fail, why did they redesign the offense to play to his talents? If they wanted him to fail, why didn't they switch to a spread offense and make him pass on every down instead of running the ball so much?pressure from the fans and media!
they chastised the broncos for not incorporating an offense that would make timmy more succesful.
he got lucky in miami, they tried the "send him out to fail "offense against the lions and got chastized for its obvious destined to fail results!
Perhaps even the players asked, WTF, are we working this hard to prove a point, or can we at least be given a chance to win.
But the broncos did go from let the kid embarrase himself, to lets see how far his special skils can take us.
They were happy to ride the tebow wave for a season, htey were stupified by the results and lucky, bizzare succes, but ultimatly, that wave washed ashore and JE was detwermined to get back to reality football with a legitimate NFL QB.
it was the right move! just watch what happens to the jets !

sneakers
05-21-2012, 05:59 AM
http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/192_251/125_85/tumblr_lmpfj6rjab1qclt3z333.gif

MileHighCrew
05-21-2012, 08:12 AM
The only problem is.... if Elway wanted Tebow to fail, he would have made him throw the ball more in games. That would have ensured failure.

Dapper Dan
05-21-2012, 08:29 AM
That's stupid how guys talk about Tebow. You don't know how he would have played of he had thrown the ball more. Maybe he would have actually got into a rythm rather than throwing it once every 10 minutes. There is no conspracy. When your QB starts 1-4 and lost I don't know how many the previous season, the back up will start. Everyone doesn't have to be on both side of the spectrum. Where the hell is rational fan?

SR
05-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Don't worry about it. It's full of Tebow conspiracies.

Then I'm not missing anything.

Dapper Dan
05-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Then I'm not missing anything.

Also, don't read anything after the OP. It's full of "Tebow is awful as shit" posts. You're not missing anything here at all.

Cugel
05-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Tebow is awful as shit.

In the entire NFL there is not ONE team that wants him as their starting QB. That pretty much says it all.

Think about it. The Miami Dolphins would rather spend a top 10 draft pick on Tannehill than get Tim Tebow for a 4th rounder and surround him with some talented WRs like Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright.

They didn't even WANT him on their team and I think the Jets will start regretting their decision before long too. :ranger:

Dapper Dan
05-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Tebow is awful as shit.

In the entire NFL there is not ONE team that wants him as their starting QB. That pretty much says it all.

Think about it. The Miami Dolphins would rather spend a top 10 draft pick on Tannehill than get Tim Tebow for a 4th rounder and surround him with some talented WRs like Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright.

They didn't even WANT him on their team and I think the Jets will start regretting their decision before long too. :ranger:

That's your opinion and that's fine. :coffee:

Simple Jaded
05-21-2012, 07:35 PM
That's stupid how guys talk about Tebow. You don't know how he would have played of he had thrown the ball more. Maybe he would have actually got into a rythm rather than throwing it once every 10 minutes. There is no conspracy. When your QB starts 1-4 and lost I don't know how many the previous season, the back up will start. Everyone doesn't have to be on both side of the spectrum. Where the hell is rational fan?
I think the point about tailoring the offense to suit Tebow is legitimate. We may not know how he would have played had he been asked to throw more but I think the fact that Tebow didn't get to throw more than once every 10 minutes speaks volumes about what the Broncos coaches think about his chances of getting into a rhythm.

I don't know about rational fan but that's an entirely fair assumption, imo.......

Dapper Dan
05-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I think the point about tailoring the offense to suit Tebow is legitimate. We may not know how he would have played had he been asked to throw more but I think the fact that Tebow didn't get to throw more than once every 10 minutes speaks volumes about what the Broncos coaches think about his chances of getting into a rhythm.

I don't know about rational fan but that's an entirely fair assumption, imo.......

That's a fair assumption. But also, when you win following the gameplan, it's tough to change it.

Dapper Dan
05-21-2012, 07:53 PM

It just annoys me when guys get on their high horse and start trashing players and personnel.

Northman
05-22-2012, 04:56 AM
It just annoys me when guys get on their high horse and start trashing players and personnel.

Dont let it annoy you. Life's too short as it is.

Jsteve01
05-22-2012, 08:38 AM

It really bugs me when people trash personnel. Players trashing doesn't bother me at all, but when you start bashing my team's personnel it's go time.

claymore
05-22-2012, 09:04 AM

If it was any other player that was that bad at their position I doubt you would mind to much. Nobody stuck up for Chris simms, or Lenny walls... or even KNOWSHON MORENO who is tons better at RB than Tebow is QB.

claymore
05-22-2012, 09:05 AM
It really bugs me when people trash personnel. Players trashing doesn't bother me at all, but when you start bashing my team's personnel it's go time.

Some deserve it. Wasnt a fan of tuten, or 90% of the DC's weve had.

Dapper Dan
05-22-2012, 09:10 AM
If it was any other player that was that bad at their position I doubt you would mind to much. Nobody stuck up for Chris simms, or Lenny walls... or even KNOWSHON MORENO who is tons better at RB than Tebow is QB.

I've taken up for Knowshon plenty of times. Also, I've always liked Simms. He looked good in Tampa before the injury.

Chef Zambini
05-22-2012, 09:14 AM
It just annoys me when guys get on their high horse and start trashing players and personnel.I trashed tuten, I trashed goodman, i definatly trashed JMCD.
Tebow, I trashed him as a PASSER, I admire him as a human being. I suggested he play fullback.

Chef Zambini
05-22-2012, 09:15 AM
.... oh yeh, I trashed know-show moreno too.
no balance, no visionvery weak at picking up blitzes and pass blocking.

TXBRONC
05-22-2012, 10:23 AM
It's a conspiracy theory that doesn't have one ounce of reality in it. First of all, you would have to have first hand knowledge that Elway went Fox and told him put in Tebow. That I know you don't have. Second, John Elway is not idiot that would undermine his head coach by forcing him to make a change at quarterback in the middle of game. Elway had made clear Fox manages the roster. It's Fox's domain chose who plays . To say otherwise is to call Elway a liar without a shred of proof. I don't care for that kind of stuff.

Tebow was given a chance because Kyle Orton was playing horribly. Including the game you mentioned Orton was 4-14 in his last 18 starts so it doesn't take a genius to figure out why he was pulled.

Elway is not in anyway, shape, or form worried about his legacy being overshadowed by Tim Tebow. He's in the Hall of Fame Tebow. Tim is genuinely good human being and a man strong Christian faith but he isn't close to being even good quarterback atp in his career and he will never have a real career as starter if he doesn't improve.

A smart football men like Elway and Fox weigh their options. You have a quarterback in Peyton Manning whose teams over the last seven or eight years have averaged a record of 12-4, or you stick with Tebow who while helping us to get to the playoffs isn't anywhere near Manning's caliber. Factor in that we have on paper one the toughest upcoming schedules in the League which quarterback do you roll the dice with? The one coming off of a major injury but has in his resume that includes a Super Bowl title and double digit wins for a decade or a quarterback that is no where near being a complete quarterback. Obviously Elway and Fox would rather take the risk with guy who has done it before. If they had decided to pass on Manning and stick with Tebow I would have been supportive it but they chose a different direction so I support them in it. While there is still a risk with Manning because of the type of injury he had I can completely understand why Elway and Fox would rather roll the dice with him rather than Tebow.

LTC Pain
05-22-2012, 10:46 AM
A 100-post rule to start threads is worthless and stupid. How is a 100-post limit to start new threads going to magically eliminate threads viewed by some as controversial or useless??? It doesn't. Not allowing new posters to start threads disenfranchises them from expressing there opinion and they simply go elsewhere. Any hallucination that new posters go through an education process to be better posters with a 100-post rule is a proven brain fart. See my first sentence again.

Dapper Dan
05-22-2012, 10:51 AM
A 100-post rule to start thread is worthless and stupid. How is a 100-post limit to start new threads going to magically eliminate threads viewed by some as controversial or useless??? It doesn't. Not allowing new posters to start threads disenfranchises them from expressing there opinion and they simply go elsewhere. See my first sentence again.

I agree. I've seen good threads started by new people. Also, I've seen some completely stupid threads started by the old folks here.

TXBRONC
05-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Having a rule that a 100 post minimum before you can start a thread wont stop the cretion of what you might find to be silly.

vandammage13
05-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Hmmmm...A Tebow conspiracy theory that was started by a Peyton Mann-Lover...

Interesting that people outside of the Broncos Fan Circle can see things for what they are...It is mostly those that have a deeply indoctrinated fandom for John Elway that are blind to what really happened.

I actually agree with most of what the OP stated...People here forget that we had the worst record in the entire leage over the previous 30+ games before TT took over.

I think it was apparent that Elway and the FO believed this team, with the personnel they had, was going to be in the running for Luck..What better way to secure the #1 pick than to bench your starter (who by all accounts is a much better passer) in favor of the QB who by all accounts can't throw?

I do believe that Elway thought he could secure the #1 spot while simultaneously squashing any fan dreams that Tebow should be the QB of the future. By watching Tebow practice, conventional wisdom would say that the Broncos would have been lucky to win 2 games given Tebow's supposed lack of ability...Unfortunately the plan backfired as Tebow defied all logic and somehow helped transform the worst team in the league into division champs...Taking us out of the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.

Fourtunately, Elway's saving grace was when Manning became available and #7 was still able to nab the once in a lifetime QB he desired (even if it's just for a few seasons)....Given the choice though, I think Elway would prefer to have Luck for 10+ years than Manning for 3 years (even if Luck ultimately just ends up being good and not great).

Ravage!!!
05-22-2012, 01:45 PM
so instead of keeping an offensive scheme that the HC stated himself "he would be screwed" with.. and PROVE that he can't throw in the NFL... the coaches decide to change offense, protect Tim by not throwing, keep him running and limit the mistakes. ALLLLLL of this is done because John Elway is "scared" that Tebow is going to "Take over" Elway's legacy.

Yeah... NO ONE outside the Denver Bronco circle would think this is lunacy.

(of course Elway would prefer to have Luck for 10 over Manning for three)

Cugel
05-22-2012, 08:15 PM
The real conspiracy is what Elway's cat was doing on the second floor of the Dallas Book Depository!

Npba900
05-22-2012, 09:18 PM
yup, Elway no likey shity qbs.

Tebow "Tee-Bowing" got Tebow...T-Boned out of Denver. Had Tebow never struck the pose......he may have still been a Bronco!

Dzone
05-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Depends on your definition of "trashing".
Trashing can be part of the full Fan Experience
Most everyone enjoyed trashing Orton, but it wasnt from a high horse. Tebow got trashed for his wind-up. Knowshon Moreno should get trashed for being a bust and getting a DUI in a Bentley with "wasted" on his licence plate. Players who tarnish the Orange should be trashed mercilessly. We dont have many players on this years team to trash. Wonder who is going to get trashed the most? Maybe Decker if he keeps dropping balls. Piece of Trash!:pound:

Dapper Dan
05-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Depends on your definition of "trashing".
Trashing can be part of the full Fan Experience
Most everyone enjoyed trashing Orton, but it wasnt from a high horse. Tebow got trashed for his wind-up. Knowshon Moreno should get trashed for being a bust and getting a DUI in a Bentley with "wasted" on his licence plate. Players who tarnish the Orange should be trashed mercilessly. We dont have many players on this years team to trash. Wonder who is going to get trashed the most? Maybe Decker if he keeps dropping balls. Piece of Trash!:pound:

To me, it's the aggressiveness of how it's said. If I say "I disagree with what you're saying" then that's fine. If I say "You're a stupid piece of shit. What the hell is wrong with you? You're a ******* idiot." then that's me trashing you.

I very much agree that any player that misrepresents the Broncos Orange doesn't deserve the respect.

Simple Jaded
05-22-2012, 10:59 PM

Interesting that people outside of the Broncos Fan Circle can see things for what they are...It is mostly those that have a deeply indoctrinated fandom for John Elway that are blind to what really happened.

I actually agree with most of what the OP stated...People here forget that we had the worst record in the entire leage over the previous 30+ games before TT took over.

I think it was apparent that Elway and the FO believed this team, with the personnel they had, was going to be in the running for Luck..What better way to secure the #1 pick than to bench your starter (who by all accounts is a much better passer) in favor of the QB who by all accounts can't throw?

I do believe that Elway thought he could secure the #1 spot while simultaneously squashing any fan dreams that Tebow should be the QB of the future. By watching Tebow practice, conventional wisdom would say that the Broncos would have been lucky to win 2 games given Tebow's supposed lack of ability...Unfortunately the plan backfired as Tebow defied all logic and somehow helped transform the worst team in the league into division champs...Taking us out of the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.

Fourtunately, Elway's saving grace was when Manning became available and #7 was still able to nab the once in a lifetime QB he desired (even if it's just for a few seasons)....Given the choice though, I think Elway would prefer to have Luck for 10+ years than Manning for 3 years (even if Luck ultimately just ends up being good and not great).Again, if the Broncos wanted Tebow to fail why did they wipe their ass with 5 decades of NFL evolution and force 10 other starters into Tebow's offense? Tebow didn't defy anything, had the Broncos insisted on Tebow playing in a normal offense he would have been "screwed".

The Broncos bent over backwards to benefit Tim Tebow.......

Dzone
05-22-2012, 11:58 PM
To me, it's the aggressiveness of how it's said. If I say "I disagree with what you're saying" then that's fine. If I say "You're a stupid piece of shit. What the hell is wrong with you? You're a ******* idiot." then that's me trashing you.

I very much agree that any player that misrepresents the Broncos Orange doesn't deserve the respect.
Ya, I hear ya man. People can get a little too aggressive and angry when it is over a damn sport. I figure, hey, its a sport and not worth the damage of getting stressed and angry about. Like look how mad some people( a very small handful of people) get if any thread has the name Tebow in the title. For some people, that is instant anger!!! LOL

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 12:13 AM

Fourtunately, Elway's saving grace was when Manning became available and #7 was still able to nab the once in a lifetime QB he desired (even if it's just for a few seasons)....Given the choice though, I think Elway would prefer to have Luck for 10+ years than Manning for 3 years (even if Luck ultimately just ends up being good and not great).

Mike McCoy should be commended to no end for developing an offense that allowed an inept quarterback to become this revered.

Cugel
05-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by vandammage13 View Post

Fourtunately [sic], Elway's saving grace was when Manning became available and #7 was still able to nab the once in a lifetime QB he desired (even if it's just for a few seasons)....Given the choice though, I think Elway would prefer to have Luck for 10+ years than Manning for 3 years (even if Luck ultimately just ends up being good and not great).

Another eloquent explanation of why the Warren Commission Report is a cover-up! :laugh:

Elway doesn't give a DAMN about Tim Tebow, except that he KNOWS from playing in 5 SBs what it takes to win a SB. And he sat there and looked at Tebow's mechanics and concluded that he will NEVER be an elite passing QB in a league that requires an elite passing QB to win the SB.

He started Tebow because Orton failed and Elway wants to win games. EVERY game. He scouted top 10 QBs when it looked like the Broncos would get a top 10 draft pick, but he's one of the most competitive players in NFL history. He HATES to lose and anybody suggesting otherwise is full of it.

If the Broncos had not signed Peyton Manning, I'm convinced that they would have just traded Tebow anyway and drafted Brandon Weeden. That would have ignited a fan-boy conflagration, but I don't think Elway cares one BIT what the fans think.

He has a burning desire to win SBs, and getting a QB who can win some games for you, but will never win the BIG ONE, is simply not good enough in his eyes.

Personally, I'm eternally grateful to Elway for taking that attitude. If you want to see what happens when the owner doesn't give a damn about winning, take a look at Montfort's defense of Dan O'Dowd, "Rockies' owner says he still supports Jim Tracy, GM Dan O'Dowd (http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_20683236/rockies-owner-says-he-still-supports-jim-tracy) :tsk: