PDA

View Full Version : We should have kept Tebow

Superchop 7
05-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Based on the fact that we have no backup QB, we should have kept Tebow. (Manning is a baby that wanted him gone)

MOtorboat
05-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Why'd we even sign that Manning guy? He sucks.

chazoe60
05-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Holy shit, go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nomad
05-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Gotta move forward and let go.....Tebow was exciting here but he's now a Jet.

Ravage!!!
05-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Hah, yeah. :lol:

SR
05-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Oh look. Another sweet SuperChop thread.

Northman
05-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I miss Bullgator already.

DenBronx
05-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Bullgator left the first chance he got.

Timmy!
05-19-2012, 01:05 PM
http://www.photochopz.com/gallery/data/500/gaythreadsimmons.jpg

(And I fail at picture posting apparently.

DenBronx
05-19-2012, 01:42 PM
The Broncos, after years of silence, have returned to the NFL. God help the rest of you...

-wHZT4ZExHA

Denver Native (Carol)
05-19-2012, 01:48 PM

AND just think - we thought it could not get worse :eek:

Dzone
05-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Now we are stuck watching a guy with a pop bottle for a neck. I cant bear to watch. Oh the humanity.

Northman
05-19-2012, 02:04 PM
AND just think - we thought it could not get worse :eek:

Actually, im not really that shocked. Chop has a history of behaving like this. haha

Simple Jaded
05-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Why not just resign Bradlee Van Pelt? Same difference.......

TXBRONC
05-20-2012, 08:40 AM

You're one sick puppy. :tsk:

Cugel
05-21-2012, 11:20 AM
"OMG! We've lost control of the ship and we're heading straight for Mr. Sun!"

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2011/09/17/how-to-build-a-spaceship-illustration-small_1.jpg

ShaneFalco
05-21-2012, 05:47 PM
we should have kept him as a backup. drafted another WR in the 2nd. i would take reuben randle !

Dzone
05-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Getting rid of Tebow will prove to be a colossal blunder of catastrophic magnitude.
The guy could sell a lot of shorts

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Getting rid of Tebow will prove to be a colossal blunder of catastrophic magnitude.
The guy could sell a lot of shorts

Whose profits we'd have to share with the entire league...

:whoknows:

topscribe
05-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Why not just resign Bradlee Van Pelt? Same difference.......

VanPelting? :confused:

You know, early on I compared Tebow to BVP and was roundly rebuked for it,
being reminded that BVP did not belong on the same field. As it turned out, I
really didn't see much difference . . .

Simple Jaded
05-21-2012, 07:00 PM
we should have kept him as a backup. drafted another WR in the 2nd. i would take reuben randle !
I really like Rueben Randle, too, but not over a potential QBotF.

****in Giants! Don't they have enough stud WR's?.......

Dapper Dan
05-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Based on the fact that we have no backup QB, we should have kept Tebow. (Manning is a baby that wanted him gone)

It's stupid shit like this that automatically gets posters talking shit about Tebow. Just stop for ****s sake. I get sick of hearing the Tebow hate and it gets started when an idiot says something like this.

Simple Jaded
05-21-2012, 07:52 PM

really didn't see much difference . . .Well they're full of shit, Top. I had the same experience on the main Board, I called Tebow "Jake Van Tebow" and got abused. He reminded me of Bradlee Van Pelt with Jake Delhomme intangibles.

And as it turned out, so far he's been Van Pelt for 58 minutes and Delhomme the last 2 minutes. According to Alias Sports Tim Tebow is first in game winning drives in the 4th/OT with 7 in his first 16 games, two wins ahead of Marc Wilson, Scott Brunner and.......you guessed it.......Jake Delhomme.

It's still a fair comparison at this point, imo.......

ShaneFalco
05-22-2012, 12:47 AM
I really like Rueben Randle, too, but not over a potential QBotF.

****in Giants! Don't they have enough stud WR's?.......

i know right!? Giants have way 2 many Good WR.

ShaneFalco
05-22-2012, 12:58 AM
9lW76w92KHo
iOSTp8FfasA

watchin this makes me miss it! Watching our whole team mob tebow into a giant bronco huddle! screaming at the top of their lungs!

I will miss being the underdog. :) Manning is great and i like him alot. But part of me, just for some reason is just fascinated with this kid, even after he has been traded. Damn i wish he was still our backup. Was great fun.

Cugel
05-22-2012, 10:37 AM

really didn't see much difference . . .

Well, Bradley Van Pelt never started a game and Tebow won a playoff game, so in fairness to Tebow I don't think you can say they're exactly the same.

I felt horribly depressed that Tebow was the Broncos starting QB because I knew he could never become a good passer and I'm glad he's gone because (most of) the circus left town with him.

But, I don't think it's too much to state that he's better than Van Pelt (although I don't know that he's a more accurate passer)! :laugh:

Cugel
05-22-2012, 10:41 AM
The REAL question for all the Tebowniac Elway conspiracy theorists is this: "Was Elway the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll?"

http://powerpointparadise.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/GrassyKnollFiles.jpg

LTC Pain
05-22-2012, 10:51 AM
..... I knew he could never become a good passer....

This is why I discount/disregard some opinions on this board.

topscribe
05-22-2012, 11:26 AM
In fact, it sounds as if he's glad Tebow's gone:

"With Peyton coming to Denver, I don't have to worry about nine defenders in the box," McGahee said. . . . "It had its good days, and it had its bad days," McGahee said of playing with Tebow. "Sometimes it was good. And sometimes, you just had to take the situation you were in and make the best of it.

"With (Manning) coming to Denver, it will add another piece to the puzzle and make us a whole lot better than we were before," said McGahee, counting on the Broncos to improve on last season's 19.3 points per game, which ranked the team 25th in the league. "He has us all another step forward to the high-powered offense that we're supposed to be."

(From the DenverPost.com. Rest of the article here: http://tinyurl.com/d88qym8 )

Even the starting RB is not happy with the #1 running game when the passing game ranks #31.

topscribe
05-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Well, Bradley Van Pelt never started a game and Tebow won a playoff game, so in fairness to Tebow I don't think you can say they're exactly the same.

I felt horribly depressed that Tebow was the Broncos starting QB because I knew he could never become a good passer and I'm glad he's gone because (most of) the circus left town with him.

But, I don't think it's too much to state that he's better than Van Pelt (although I don't know that he's a more accurate passer)! :laugh:
"Never" is a long time, Cug. I can't say Tebow will never be a good passer.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-22-2012, 11:44 AM
The Broncos should have cloned Elway

Dapper Dan
05-22-2012, 11:44 AM

(From the DenverPost.com. Rest of the article here: http://tinyurl.com/d88qym8 )

Even the starting RB is not happy with the #1 running game when the passing game ranks #31.

Didn't McGahee just have one of his best seasons? He won't get the ball that much now.

vandammage13
05-22-2012, 11:55 AM

McGahee is in for a rude awakening...I definitely don't see him putting up the yards this season that he did in 2011.

He's right by saying there were often 9 men in the box, but when 2 of those 9 are playing Tebow as the ball carrier, that means you have 8 blockers on 7 men in the box with no men in the 2nd level.

Once you break through the first line of defense, you're gonna get some big yardage...Mcgahee's not going to get too many carries with Peyton Manning slinging the ball all over the field.

topscribe
05-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Didn't McGahee just have one of his best seasons? He won't get the ball that much now.

From the same article:

"I still figure this team will be leading the AFC in rushing," McGahee confidently predicted.

Is that really within the realm of possibility with Manning standing behind center, surveying the defense and checking into plays at the line of scrimmage?

"I don't think he wants to throw all the balls like he did in the past," McGahee said.

(Rest - http://tinyurl.com/d88qym8 )

And, as Manning himself said in another article in the same issue of the Denver Post:

Between Manning's passes, the Broncos mixed in their share of running plays. Given the neck issue and his year away from the game, Manning said he would welcome a heavier percentage of run plays in his game plans this season.

"Sure. Absolutely I would," he said. "We were the No. 1 rushing team in the NFL last year. That's the goal this year. If you look back, I've always believed in the run game. I can't tell you how many times I've had pass plays called inside the 5-yard line and I've checked out of it to a run play."

(Rest - http://tinyurl.com/ckkd975 )

Dzone
05-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Who cares if Tebow cant throw. Al he do is win.
:pound:

vandammage13
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
From the same article:

(Rest - http://tinyurl.com/d88qym8 )

And, as Manning himself said in another article in the same issue of the Denver Post:

(Rest - http://tinyurl.com/ckkd975 )

I wonder if McGahee remembers his rushing totals on the last few conventional offenses he played in....:coffee:

Might be a little tougher for us to lead the league in rushing when 700 of our yards just went to the Jets.

MOtorboat
05-22-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm sure there's no possible way to replace 700 yards.

:rolleyes:

topscribe
05-22-2012, 12:23 PM
It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with the 2010 "defense" . . .

vandammage13
05-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm sure there's no possible way to replace 700 yards.

From the perspective of having those 700 yards on the field at the same time as your leading rusher...Yeah, that's tough to replace.

MOtorboat
05-22-2012, 12:45 PM
From the perspective of having those 700 yards on the field at the same time as your leading rusher...Yeah, that's tough to replace.

Not really.

If the passing offense had been even decent, I might agree, but because it was atrocious, accounting for 700 yards is pretty easy.

A healthy Moreno and Hillman will also do wonders to supplement any yardage loss by moving the wildcat quarterback for a traditional passer.

Ravage!!!
05-22-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't care if we are the leading rushing team. We were the leading rushing team because we couldn't throw. Also, there were NOT 2 defenders in the box "for tebow" alone. They were in the box to stop the run, period. Its not like they just disappeared if Tebow wasn't the one running the ball. They were up close to stop the RUN GAME. Now that we can actually pass the ball, the defense WILL NOT be able to stack against the run, and that could make it easier on Willis as well as the OL.

When the QB puts up 700 yrds rushing, true, we probably won't rush for as many yards. But we'll actually be a scoring threat because we can now THROW the ball in a passing league. I'll take the 3000 additional passing yards over the 700 extra rushing yards. That WELL replaces the 63 additional yrds on the ground, not to mention we'll probably get more from guys like Moreno and the draftie now that defenses aren't crowding the LoS.

Cugel
05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Isn't this sentence missing a verb somewhere? :laugh:

If Tebow is such a great "winner" why were the Jets the ONLY Team in the NFL that even wanted him, and why does NOBODY want him to start?

Oh, it's a conspiracy!

Roger Goddell is in league with the Trilateral Commision, the Club of Rome, and the Illuminati to keep Tebow from starting in the NFL! Because then he might win games, and that would be bad. . . . or something!

http://lrwhitney.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/090-0722135321-roundtable-chart_thumb.jpg?w=244&h=230

Npba900
05-22-2012, 04:58 PM

You find over the next two years with Tebow playing with the NYJets that he basically has a two year shelf-life before it will be time for the Tebow Circus to move on to another NFL city.

Tebow more than likely is headed for a career as a Journeyman Backup Slash-Utility/QB the NFL. Elway was right to ship Tebow (and his fans) out of Denver. Soon Tebow will be an after thought in Denver.....just any Circus that comes to town to entertain the population-city.

Npba900
05-22-2012, 05:03 PM

Meh! The NFL had Tebow ball all figured out by the end season. Had Tebow been the starting QB in 2012 for Denver, it would have been ugly-disastrous-and-painful. The Broncos would have been the Laughing-Stock of the NFL.

Dzone
05-22-2012, 05:14 PM
We will rue the day that we traded away Tebow.

Rue, I like that word. Have never used it in a sentence before.

gnomeflinger
05-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Did anyone buy Tebow's book?

ShaneFalco
05-22-2012, 06:11 PM
i actually recieved it as a gift from an out of town relative like 5 months ago, havnt read any of it yet, just sitting on my shelf. Is it good?

Dzone
05-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Oh yes! Its a fine work of literature. Its in the garage, right next to my Tebow Fathead and Tebow halloween mask.

topscribe
05-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Oh yes! Its a fine work of literature. Its in the garage, right next to my Tebow Fathead and Tebow halloween mask.
You're on a roll today, aren't you? :lol:

Dapper Dan
05-22-2012, 08:29 PM

Yes. It's a good book. I highly recommend it.

Npba900
05-22-2012, 09:12 PM

Did anyone waste their money and buy Tebow's Jersey????:lol:

Npba900
05-22-2012, 09:13 PM

We should have kept Tebow and turned him into a TE!!!

ShaneFalco
05-22-2012, 09:18 PM
or fullback !

Dzone
05-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Tebow a TE or FB? Blasphemy!

Cugel
05-24-2012, 10:59 AM
We will rue the day that we traded away Tebow.

Rue, I like that word. Have never used it in a sentence before.

Personally, I won't "rue the day" we got rid of Tebow, not even if he were to win a SB! (Which will never happen of course).

MOtorboat
05-24-2012, 11:17 AM
@BobGlauber Two INTs by Tebow on last three attempts.

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Did anyone waste their money and buy Tebow's Jersey????:lol:this is hysterical !
is there sand on the beach?

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
@BobGlauber Two INTs by Tebow on last three attempts.what happened, did the defender drop the third one or did it just sail over everyones head?

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Did anyone buy Tebow's book?you mean the bible/
I just take them from my hotel room on my way out !
thanks gedeon !

NightTerror218
05-24-2012, 02:07 PM
My wife is still going to sport the Tebow bronco jersey

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 02:08 PM
:pound:2 wins 5 losses in his last 7 games.
all he does is win...
except when he losses.

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 02:09 PM
The Broncos should have cloned Elwaywe did the next best thing,
we got a fullback named gronk.

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Didn't McGahee just have one of his best seasons? He won't get the ball that much now.I think willis will tell you hsis best season will be winning the superbowl.

ShaneFalco
05-24-2012, 06:33 PM
My wife is still going to sport the Tebow bronco jersey

alot of people will if we start off 1-4

Ravage!!!
05-24-2012, 06:38 PM
alot of people will if we start off 1-4

That would REALLLY be a smart thing :lol: Boy would that show the Broncos! Man, they would be sure ashamed of hiring one of the best QBs in the NFL....they will TREMBLE at the sight of people wearing TEBOW jerseys!! JE might make a policy of not allowing them through the gate because of the GIANT message that the "tebow" jersey wearing people are making!

THEY WILL BE HEARD!! Their message LOUD AND CLEAR!!! "WE are willing to buy jersey's!!!" I can see Elway doing his best to hide in his booth, and avoiding all the press conferences....worried and scared of the questions that may follow ... "What do you think of people wearing Tebow jersey's??" Ohhhhh the HUMANITY of it allll!!!

ShaneFalco
05-24-2012, 07:32 PM
the sad thing is, i could actually see some people do it. i could even see when we play the jets, people in orange chanting tebow....

they are crazy.... but i could bet someone does it.

Dapper Dan
05-24-2012, 07:33 PM
That would REALLLY be a smart thing :lol: Boy would that show the Broncos! Man, they would be sure ashamed of hiring one of the best QBs in the NFL....they will TREMBLE at the sight of people wearing TEBOW jerseys!! JE might make a policy of not allowing them through the gate because of the GIANT message that the "tebow" jersey wearing people are making!

THEY WILL BE HEARD!! Their message LOUD AND CLEAR!!! "WE are willing to buy jersey's!!!" I can see Elway doing his best to hide in his booth, and avoiding all the press conferences....worried and scared of the questions that may follow ... "What do you think of people wearing Tebow jersey's??" Ohhhhh the HUMANITY of it allll!!!

Im pretty sure it was a joke.

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 10:07 PM
tuten gone
goodman gone
tebow gone.
the departure of EACH improved our team.
most would add xanders to that list as well.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Was I in a peyote induced trance or did we draft a QB in the second round? I guess not if we don't have a back up QB. :laugh:

Dapper Dan
05-24-2012, 10:13 PM
tuten gone
goodman gone
tebow gone.
the departure of EACH improved our team.
most would add xanders to that list as well.

Them being gone doesn't "improve" anything. Our team improved by replacing them with better talent.

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Them being gone doesn't "improve" anything. Our team improved by replacing them with better talent.a litt;e too eager to aRGUE ME THINKS!
..and we are better off without them, especially tuten and goodman !

Chef Zambini
05-24-2012, 10:16 PM
I would argue we drafted a future QB and not a back-up QB, but lets not go there in this thread.

MOtorboat
05-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Zam will be bitching about Porter and Florence before you know it.

Not to mention his hate of Champ Bailey for a five-second interaction in Phoenix restaurant...

Zam has never met a cornerback he liked.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Zam will be bitching about Porter and Florence before you know it.

Not to mention his hate of Champ Bailey for a five-second interaction in Phoenix restaurant...

Zam has never met a cornerback he liked.I dont hate champ, I reccognize his arrogance on and off the field and how it influences his decision making .
I think his skill set would make him an awesome safety and at present those skills are being WASTED at corner where he can be IGNORED by the OFFENSIVE gameplan!
offenses CANT ignore a talented SAFETY !
I would like to see CHAMP in on the action, not following his assignment AWAY from the PLAY !
I guess you guys like champ and ten on ten football.
excuse me.

claymore
05-25-2012, 08:38 AM
the sad thing is, i could actually see some people do it. i could even see when we play the jets, people in orange chanting tebow....

they are crazy.... but i could bet someone does it.

They will go bonkers when he comes out to perform his punt protection duties!

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 08:49 AM
I dont hate champ, I reccognize his arrogance on and off the field and how it influences his decision making .
I think his skill set would make him an awesome safety and at present those skills are being WASTED at corner where he can be IGNORED by the OFFENSIVE gameplan!
offenses CANT ignore a talented SAFETY !
I would like to see CHAMP in on the action, not following his assignment AWAY from the PLAY !
I guess you guys like champ and ten on ten football.
excuse me.

No, you make things up to fit in to your opinion of him.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 09:07 AM
No, you make things up to fit in to your opinion of him.getting caught from behind while staring at himself on the "jumbo-tron' yeh, I made that up.
falling for s pump fake and a shoulder shrug to give up touchdowns by the steelers in the AFC championship game, yes, I made that up too.
and mike nolan attempting to move champ to safety, first in D.C. and then again in denver, i made all that crap up !

champ AWAYS takes the opponents best receiver,
regardleess of where he lines up and takes him all day long.
and he also simulataneously takes away HALF THE FIELD.
right, I am the one dealing in fairytales.

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 09:17 AM
getting caught from behind while staring at himself on the "jumbo-tron' yeh, I made that up.
falling for s pump fake and a shoulder shrug to give up touchdowns by the steelers in the AFC championship game, yes, I made that up too.
and mike nolan attempting to move champ to safety, first in D.C. and then again in denver, i made all that crap up !

I love how one of your "negatives" about Champ Bailey is the main play he made against New England in 2005 to get Denver into the AFC Championship game.

:priceless:

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 09:21 AM
And in reference to Nolan, you are the only person I've ever heard that from. Maybe you could confirm that, or someone else could.

Ravage!!!
05-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Safeties can not only be ignored, they can be manipulated just like any other position can. To say that a safety can't, is very ignorant on how defenses work.

Jsteve01
05-25-2012, 09:52 AM
getting caught from behind while staring at himself on the "jumbo-tron' yeh, I made that up.

Zam this is the only quote I can find from Nolan in refernce to Bailey.

It was about putting him in 1 on 1 situations with no help over the top so they could double elsewhere. If you can't substantiate your claims that Nolan wanted to move him then you need to lay off that line for a while.

Some folks have wondered why it looks like quarterbacks are challenging him more this year. It's because they are. Broncos defensive coordinator Mike Nolan said that's because he wants to take his chances with Bailey in 1-on-1 coverage, that he likes those odds, so he can send the help to other places on the field.

Read more: Q&A: It's best for Champ to stay at corner - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13914065#ixzz1vtRritzG
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13914065

Slick
05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I think when it's all said and done Tim Tebow will have more wins as a starting QB in the NFL than Brock Osweiler.

Ravage!!!
05-25-2012, 12:14 PM
They will go bonkers when he comes out to perform his punt protection duties!

That will be priceless!

capt. Jack
05-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I hope he wipes a booger on Sanchez !!!

Cugel
05-25-2012, 01:03 PM

Now THAT is a funny post! :laugh:

Just think of John trembling at all the Tebow-worshipers criticizing him for signing a certain first ballot Hall of Famer, instead of a guy who's the backup QB for one of only 2 teams in the NFL that even wanted him on their roster -- and were willing to part with a 4th round pick for him when he was a first round pick.

But, of course no NFL GM is willing to admit how GREAT Tebow really is because it's a conspiracy, and only we persecuted Teboner fans can see it!

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 01:42 PM
That will be priceless!yesterday when TT was asked if he ever tackled anybody, he hesitated and then said "NO"
I found this to be very surprizing!
TT not given to exaggeration, misrepresentation, or even sarcasm;
can this actualy be true?
not even after an interception did he ever tackle someone?
not in high school, pee-wee football?
everyone likes to call him "a football player " and by his own recolection he says he has never tackled anyone?
It was an ESPN interviw that I saw just yesterday (thursday)
the follow-up question was then, 'whats it going to be like covering punts"
to which he responded,
'should be interesting".

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 01:51 PM
I think when it's all said and done Tim Tebow will have more wins as a starting QB in the NFL than Brock Osweiler.any real bronco faN CAN ONLY PRAY THAT IS NOT TRUE !
especially if tebow never wins another game!
tebow is toast, just like cutler, just like orton, what they do now ispointless in a bronco discussion, unless you just have some extra salt laying around and enjoy tearing off scaps.
But I hope, we all should hope, that JE got this one right, otherwise it will turn out to be a wasted 3 year investment !

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Zam this is the only quote I can find from Nolan in refernce to Bailey.

It was about putting him in 1 on 1 situations with no help over the top so they could double elsewhere. If you can't substantiate your claims that Nolan wanted to move him then you need to lay off that line for a while.

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13914065I have tried to find quotes to back up my assertions.
I have googled mikenolan-champbaily-safty, and have found snippets of info dating back to their days together in D.C. all relating to the safety move, however. it is all so old and archived that one needs to subscribe to the various papers or web-sites to extract the full information.
but you too, if truly interested can make a similar search and realize that indeed, NOLAN did consider moving champ to safety, but champ vetoed the idea.
look, regardless, I think champs skills are WASTED at corner because he does not hnad0cuff to the top receiver, he just plays his side of the ball, and whatever WR the opponent chooses to send his way.
the rest of you dont feel that way. champ is magnificent and can do no wrong in your eyes, so silly me for suggesting something so outlandish, and never mind that NOLAN conceived of it long before champ came to denver.

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 02:17 PM
No one has said he could do no wrong. But moving him to safety isn't a smart move, or one any coordinator would make, and its not because of any made up arrogance that Bailey has on your part. Its just not a smart move.

But your inability to find anything and link to it doesn't surprise me.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 02:29 PM
No one has said he could do no wrong. But moving him to safety isn't a smart move, or one any coordinator would make, and its not because of any made up arrogance that Bailey has on your part. Its just not a smart move.

But your inability to find anything and link to it doesn't surprise me.youre absolutly right Mo!
moving champ to safety where he could sniff out a play, disguise his assignment and use his nose for the football is just retarded!
WTF was i thinking?
its much better that he locks on to the outside receive on his side of the field, REGARDLESS of who that is !
now thats smart football and a much more effective use of our best, pro-bowl, first ballot hall of famer, best tacker on the team !
sorry for my idiocy, I hope you all can one day find it in your hearts to forgive me for being so out of touch with football reality.

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 02:32 PM
You are SO much smarter than everyone in football...

Right, zam?

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 02:41 PM
exactly.
vince lombardi use to call me on his cell phone or e-mail me with questions every week !
we used to play MADDEN together when we were in college
we often conference called the POPE before the superbowl so he would know what teams to bet,
on one of his many trips to vegas.

there you go mo, is that the kind of response you were hoping for?
a huge pile of shit you can jump on.
knock yourself out !

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Despite what you think, there is no one in the game that moves a shutdown corner to safety.

You, of all people, should know that leaving a gaping hole at cornerback by moving said cornerback to another position would be a colossal mistake.

As much as you complain about cornerbacks, why in the world would you want a good one moved?

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 02:52 PM
mo, my problem is with WHO he is shutting down !
when are you going to grasp that concept?
what good is a shut-down corner if he is just shutting down a decoy?
hello?

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 02:55 PM
I would LOVE to see you call Dwayne Bowe "just a decoy" to his face.

The results would be entertaining.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I think TWICE last year champ locked on to one receiver and followed him all over the field, regardless of where he lined up.
thats 2 times out of 18 games he played last year. when champ stays on his side of the field and takes the one on one match-up with the guy the OFFENSE decides he will cover...
it is CHAMP whose talents are being 'shut-down"

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 03:12 PM
your resistance to reality is stupifying.

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Reality?

Reality is that we have the best cornerback in the game and you want to move him AWAY from the position where he's the best in the game.

That's the reality we're talking about here...

Ravage!!!
05-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Yeah.. Zam is the only one in "reality" when he's saying that Champ is simply "ignored" by cutting off one side of the field with his play. Instead, lets move him to center so that BOTH sides of the field can have a low-to mediocre corner, instead. Amazing how the NFL coaches aren't locking Zam up right now to take control of their defensive backfield.

Its a MUCH MUCH harder position to play corner than safety, and its why you keep a top corner where he is, because putting a weaker player at that position weakens the defense. Putting Champ at safety does NOT... does NOT.. make him more accessible to more passes, nor does it make it where Champ can "not be dodged."

NO TEAM in the NFL plays man-to-man defense the entire game.

NightTerror218
05-25-2012, 04:23 PM
I think TWICE last year champ locked on to one receiver and followed him all over the field, regardless of where he lined up.
thats 2 times out of 18 games he played last year. when champ stays on his side of the field and takes the one on one match-up with the guy the OFFENSE decides he will cover...
it is CHAMP whose talents are being 'shut-down"

You mean like Bowe, Jackson and Fitzgerald? All shut down. If Bailey is on the field, that side is normally shut down if he is not shutting down all star (pro bowl) WR.

Day1BroncoFan
05-25-2012, 08:43 PM
We could move Champ to safety, the. Watch whole er takes his place get burned twice a game for a TD. How's that?

Dapper Dan
05-25-2012, 09:21 PM
I still can't get over the fact that someone would actually imply that Champ Bailey is overrated.

shank
05-25-2012, 09:33 PM
lol zam's opinions are ugly.

Timmy!
05-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Zam, quit selling your meds to children and start taking them.

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 09:01 AM
We could move Champ to safety, the. Watch whole er takes his place get burned twice a game for a TD. How's that?no, champ would be there to save the day !

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 09:04 AM
We could move Champ to safety, the. Watch whole er takes his place get burned twice a game for a TD. How's that?how's that?
thats just like playing champ and goodman at corner, thats how that is!
but if champ is playing 'center field' its a whole different dynamic.
they cant avoid champ as easily. champ can get more involved. champ can make more plays. champ can be more effective than just shutting down the receiver of the OPPONENTS CHOOSING !

Nomad
05-26-2012, 09:09 AM
What's going on in here? Anyone up for some fishing?:D

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 09:12 AM
I got two on the line right now, using my champ lure, hooks em every time !

Nomad
05-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Zam, I've noticed you are a busy fella around here. You could use a break and do some fishing. Do they have fishing in Arizona?

MOtorboat
05-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Watching zam post is like watching a monkey hump a football, except the monkey has better rhythm

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Zam, I've noticed you are a busy fella around here. You could use a break and do some fishing. Do they have fishing in Arizona?sure, up north, fly fishing in Oak creek very popular. but nothing like colorado !
as a child, I grew up fishing for rainbows in breckenridge where my grandfather built a cabin, with his own hands, foundation to rooftop! it took him 3 summers! as kids the number of fish we pulled out of there each week-end was just ungodly! I am embarrased to quote the numbers, but we brought them all back to family in denver and none was wasted.
I love fishing salmon in alaska, I also caught a 13 foot marlin in matzatlan. but hauling in a 50 pound salmon is the best !

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Watching zam post is like watching a monkey hump a football, except the monkey has better rhythmand you guys are more responsive than a football !

Day1BroncoFan
05-26-2012, 10:40 AM
how's that?
thats just like playing champ and goodman at corner, thats how that is!
but if champ is playing 'center field' its a whole different dynamic.
they cant avoid champ as easily. champ can get more involved. champ can make more plays. champ can be more effective than just shutting down the receiver of the OPPONENTS CHOOSING !

Or we'll get burned for a td.

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 10:44 AM
our defense gave up 41 points but nobody caught a pass against champ, woo -hoo !

MOtorboat
05-26-2012, 10:48 AM
our defense gave up 41 points but nobody caught a pass against champ, woo -hoo !

I love when people blame the best player on the team for the team's faults, don't you?

Northman
05-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Revis sure did a great job of stopping Tebow when it mattered. /sarcasm

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 11:06 AM
yeh thats what I did, I blamed champ. cmon peopleare we really so blinded by our hatred?

Northman
05-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Aweeee, poor Zambino. Playing the victim now. lmao

MOtorboat
05-26-2012, 11:18 AM
I wonder why Revis and Asomoghshdsjamkzzsa aren't safeties?

Probably because they are CORNERBACKS!

ShaneFalco
05-26-2012, 06:59 PM
seriously champ is not a safety. Safeties have to hit hard. Champ is old, you dont want him out there trying to tackle backs like Steven Jackson etc.

Chef Zambini
05-27-2012, 10:20 AM
I wonder why Revis and Asomoghshdsjamkzzsa aren't safeties?

Probably because they are CORNERBACKS!both revis and assmugger lock on to the opponents TOP reciever EVERY GAME, not just 2 or 3 selected games and take them out of the offense they are lock down. champ gets locked out !
he almost NEVER moves from side to side to take the opponents best, he takes the outside receiver on his left 95 % of the time, therefore he is usually matched uo with a decoy who runs him off the play.
yes defenses play more than just man on man, but most play combination defenses allowing their best corner to match with the best receiver and zone for the rest of the field.
it is not that way with champo and nthe broncos ! regardless of that, I still contend that champ can do more for our defense as a safety, not as an easily avoided corner.
his skills are being wasted, sent on a field trip away from the ball, not to it !
offenses control champ in his current role!~ as a safety it would be the other way around!
and BTW, have you looked in the mirrow lately?
you have excessive nose hair !

MOtorboat
05-27-2012, 10:48 AM
So, when Revis shuts down half the field, he's a stud, but when Champ does it he's just covering a decoy?

OK, Zam, whatever you say, buddy.

weazel
05-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Revis is one cold smoke sumbitch!

Chef Zambini
05-27-2012, 01:57 PM
NO corner actually takes away HALF the field ! they take away on receiver at best, or play one FIFTH of a ZONE.
even revis is compelled to take his assignment DEEP while they throw to a target underneath on HIS HALF of the field!
No single defender takes away half of anything !
except GOODMAN! he took away half our chance of winning !

Chef Zambini
05-27-2012, 02:00 PM
BTW, my gal just commented on how much she like your avatar, MO.

Simple Jaded
05-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Revis plays almost exclusively on the left side and Asomugha plays exclusively on the right. I'll bet Champ shadows #1's as much as Revis, and I'd be shocked is Aso shadowed as much as Champ. Aso was exposed somewhat last season, he can play one scheme and one scheme only. Champ would prefer the flexibility to play his own technique but can literally play any scheme you want. Champ is a candidate to move to S someday but I don't think Aso or Revis have that club in their bag at all. Especially Aso.

I just don't see the point of moving Champ to S before his skills dictate the move, S's can be avoided just as easily as a CB and can be manipulated much easier, especially if that "S" has never played Safety. Champ's instincts are all CB, he can probably play S but expecting him to take his playmaking instincts to a position he's never played is just foolish. He knows the nuances of the CB position, he knows the tendencies of the leagues WR's and he knows how to prepare for the CB position.

Champ Bailey is a candidate to someday make the move to S because he's a great football player but if there is a chance that he won't be Champ Bailey at the S position why make the move while he's still Champ Bailey at the CB position? Besides, he has recently said he has no interest in moving to S, imo the only reason he'd consider it is because he wants to play til his late 30's.......

Chef Zambini
05-28-2012, 10:01 AM
this is a worthwhile arguement. I need for you to explain how a safety is manipulated, apart from a head fake, pump fake or looking off, but at least you set any passion about champ aside and adressed the issue of safty vs corner.
rev and asmo together do play one on one and remain for the most part on their side, but if they line up the 2 top receivers in an I formation, you also see thos 2 on the same side of the field.
champ stays put.
with very RARE exception.
I like champs skill set, he has a nose for the ball and he is a great tackler. I think he can be far more productive for our team at safety, so sue me.

turftoad
05-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Revis plays almost exclusively on the left side and Asomugha plays exclusively on the right. I'll bet Champ shadows #1's as much as Revis, and I'd be shocked is Aso shadowed as much as Champ. Aso was exposed somewhat last season, he can play one scheme and one scheme only. Champ would prefer the flexibility to play his own technique but can literally play any scheme you want. Champ is a candidate to move to S someday but I don't think Aso or Revis have that club in their bag at all. Especially Aso.

I just don't see the point of moving Champ to S before his skills dictate the move, S's can be avoided just as easily as a CB and can be manipulated much easier, especially if that "S" has never played Safety. Champ's instincts are all CB, he can probably play S but expecting him to take his playmaking instincts to a position he's never played is just foolish. He knows the nuances of the CB position, he knows the tendencies of the leagues WR's and he knows how to prepare for the CB position.

Champ Bailey is a candidate to someday make the move to S because he's a great football player but if there is a chance that he won't be Champ Bailey at the S position why make the move while he's still Champ Bailey at the CB position? Besides, he has recently said he has no interest in moving to S, imo the only reason he'd consider it is because he wants to play til his late 30's.......

This whole thing reminds me of Rod Woodson when his career was winding down.

MOtorboat
05-28-2012, 12:26 PM
This whole thing reminds me of Rod Woodson when his career was winding down.

The key difference is the presence of Chris McAllister on that Ravens team when he switched to safety. Denver doesn't have a corner of that caliber to replace Bailey.

Woodson also played safety in college. Something Bailey has never done to my knowledge.

Chef Zambini
05-28-2012, 10:16 PM
no way champ moves to safety. end of discussion.

MOtorboat
05-28-2012, 10:36 PM
no way champ moves to safety. end of discussion.

Hogwash!

Surely there's someone in the organization who is as intelligent as you...

Ravage!!!
05-29-2012, 10:54 AM
this is a worthwhile arguement. I need for you to explain how a safety is manipulated, apart from a head fake, pump fake or looking off, but at least you set any passion about champ aside and adressed the issue of safty vs corner.
rev and asmo together do play one on one and remain for the most part on their side, but if they line up the 2 top receivers in an I formation, you also see thos 2 on the same side of the field.
champ stays put.
with very RARE exception.
I like champs skill set, he has a nose for the ball and he is a great tackler. I think he can be far more productive for our team at safety, so sue me.

You do realize that its dependant on whether or not the defense is playing man-to-man, right? No team plays man-to-man the entire game...thus switching sides to a receiver that isn't in his zone, is stupid. Playing man-to-man the entire game, is rare. If you play man-to-man... sometimes you lock onto the main guy, and sometime you are hiding your coverage thus you line up on the guy that is playing on your side of the coverage.

Also, an "I" formation is in the backfield with running backs. If you are talking about when the opposing team stacks their two top receivers on one side of the field and you believe that they ALWAYS have Os or Rev switch to the other....following one particular WR... you are COMPLETELY AND 100% incorrect.

Your blanket statements of "never" and "always" is what has completely taken away from everything you've said.