PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' injuries not as bad as once feared

TXBRONC
10-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Here's the lastest from PFW.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Denver/WWHI/2007/wwhi102407.htm

Broncos' injuries not as bad as once feared

Oct. 24, 2007

At first glance, the Broncos’ current injury list looks a bit overwhelming. But other than WR Javon Walker, who could be out another five games following knee surgery, and C Tom Nalen, who is done for the year with a torn biceps, we’re told the ailments aren’t as worrisome as people might expect. CB Champ Bailey missed last week with a quad strain, but the cold, damp weather was believed to have heavily influenced Denver’s decision to shelve him against the Steelers. RB Travis Henry’s bruised ribs are described by head coach Mike Shanahan as “just sore,” and not fractured. TE Tony Scheffler, who is rapidly becoming more of a focal point of the offense, limped off the field late against the Steelers with a sprained ankle to the same leg that sidelined him during the summer and training camp, but it’s not considered serious. Then there is the case of CB Dre’ Bly, who suffered a mild right shoulder separation in the first quarter of the win over Pittsburgh but gutted it out by taking a painkilling injection and playing the rest of the game. Bailey, Henry, Scheffler and Bly are all expected to play next Monday against Green Bay, but they will be closely monitored this week at practice.

Den21vsBal19
10-24-2007, 02:14 PM
A bit of good news for a change, thanks TX :salute:

dogfish
10-24-2007, 02:16 PM
A bit of good news for a change, thanks TX :salute:

my sentiments exactly!

thanks for posting it TX. . .

broncofanatic1987
10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
We've heard this song and dance before only to have players miss games that we thought they would play.

I'll believe they will play when I read that they participated in full practice for most of the week if not the entire week.

Watchthemiddle
10-24-2007, 02:35 PM
THis is good news and I would really love to see a 100% Champ and 100% Bly going against Farve.

Other then that, I would also like to see SHeffler back on the field. His chemistry with Cutler is the best on the field. So far he is the next "Nate Jackson" ...a TE with good talent, but seems to find the injury bug.

TXBRONC
10-24-2007, 04:39 PM
You guys are certainly welcome.

pnbronco
10-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks for posting this TX.

DenBronx
10-25-2007, 01:26 AM
i wonder if bly should wear a shoulder brace like bailey did last year? it would suck for it to happen again but only to have a worse degree seperation.

broncosfanscott
10-25-2007, 02:23 AM
THis is good news and I would really love to see a 100% Champ and 100% Bly going against Farve.

Other then that, I would also like to see SHeffler back on the field. His chemistry with Cutler is the best on the field. So far he is the next "Nate Jackson" ...a TE with good talent, but seems to find the injury bug.

Champ and Bly vs. Favre.........interesting to see.

It was good to see Cutler to Scheffler for 7. :D

sneakers
10-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Good to hear!!

TXBRONC
10-25-2007, 11:42 AM
i wonder if bly should wear a shoulder brace like bailey did last year? it would suck for it to happen again but only to have a worse degree seperation.

I bet he has to wear one to protect his shoulder.

BaiLeY324
10-25-2007, 05:05 PM
You can see the season turning around right in front of this. So awesome.

Stargazer
10-26-2007, 01:54 AM
We've heard this song and dance before only to have players miss games that we thought they would play.

I'll believe they will play when I read that they participated in full practice for most of the week if not the entire week.

Totally agree. And this logic doesn't just apply to Broncos, but the rest of the league.