PDA

View Full Version : Gotta give props to Mike Leach

East Coast Fan
10-24-2007, 11:40 AM
One thing that I noticed is how our long-snapper Mike Leach hustles downfield to help cover punts. Watch our punt coverage and you'll see him in there more times than not. :salute:

topscribe
10-24-2007, 12:15 PM
That is one thing I noticed in the game. I saw one case where the Pittsburgh
returner was downed at about the 25, and who was in the area but Leach? :shocked:
If we had 11 Leaches on STs, we would be a juggernaut in that area.

-----

Den21vsBal19
10-24-2007, 02:22 PM
To be fair, that's long been the case with Leach................considering he's in the middle of the melee, the number of times he's in and around the tackle is quite amazing :rockon:

Just a shame for him that he's listed on the roster as a TE, people look at the stats, look at the roster and wonder what he does for the team........................

Escobar
10-24-2007, 02:27 PM
That is one thing I noticed in the game. I saw one case where the Pittsburgh
returner was downed at about the 25, and who was in the area but Leach? :shocked:
If we had 11 Leaches on STs, we would be a juggernaut in that area.

-----

you do have 11 leaches on ST'S, they all seem to slide off when they try to make a tackle :laugh:

hahha k joke off/

NameUsedBefore
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Leach is typically around the play on punt coverage. I don't know exactly how he gets to the returner before everyone else, but he does. It's a nice bonus to his excellent resume as far as snapping goes.

Lonestar
10-27-2007, 06:58 PM
you do have 11 leaches on ST'S, they all seem to slide off when they try to make a tackle :laugh:

hahha k joke off/

Actually I think the correct term is bolld sucker stick to the tackle.

Leach is perhaps one of the top 10-15 players on this team as far as his worth to the team.. LS is a tough job and As far as a I can see none better in the league. rarely has a problem with the punter or FG team. Always on the mark and any failures on those two team does not start with Leach.

There is not stat I have found on tackle to assisted tackle on Special teams But I'd be surprised if he was not a leader for Den in that area. On punts he is almost always there when the ball comes down.. How he does it consistently I do not know he is not ultra fast and how he knows where the ball is coming down seems to be uncanny.

When He retires it will take a special guy to take his place..

Grover
10-29-2007, 10:33 AM
I've always respected the job that Mike Leach does for the team. I gained a whole new appreciation of his work when watching the Chargers vs. Texans game yesterday. The Texan's long snapper hurled the ball about four feet over the head of their leaping 6'5" punter, and the ball was recovered in the end zone by the Chargers for a T.D.

The replay showed a close up of the punter. If you didn't see it - it was classic. His eyes got really huge as he realized there was no way he was going to get that ball, and it looked like he said something like fudge or something.

topscribe
10-29-2007, 11:00 AM
I've always respected the job that Mike Leach does for the team. I gained a whole new appreciation of his work when watching the Chargers vs. Texans game yesterday. The Texan's long snapper hurled the ball about four feet over the head of their leaping 6'5" punter, and the ball was recovered in the end zone by the Chargers for a T.D.

The replay showed a close up of the punter. If you didn't see it - it was classic. His eyes got really huge as he realized there was no way he was going to get that ball, and it looked like he said something like fudge or something.

Well there you have it. When their players are thinking of pastry
concessions instead of football, of course they're going to lose. :laugh:

-----