PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen Ranked Sixth Best Owner in NFL

iLands
05-17-2012, 10:28 PM
http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/05/15/ranking-the-nfl-owners-part-i/?sources=topbuttons

Enjoy!

Dapper Dan
05-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Who's Pat Bowlin? Where does John Elway rank? :D

dogfish
05-17-2012, 11:25 PM
i hope he told peyton manning "thank you". . . :D

Cugel
05-18-2012, 12:06 AM
I wonder how far up the ranking Bowlen gets for signing Josh McMoron? Frankly, that one move ought to permanently put him in the bottom 10%. :tsk:

topscribe
05-18-2012, 12:13 AM
I wonder how far up the ranking Bowlen gets for signing Josh McMoron? Frankly, that one move ought to permanently put him in the bottom 10%. :tsk:
Right . . . let's trash his whole career because of one bad hire . . .

chazoe60
05-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Do you ever not bitch about something?

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2012, 12:19 AM
This is one of those stupid ******* articles thats brings out the negative football critic in me. Stupid ******* article imo. No offense.

topscribe
05-18-2012, 12:21 AM
This is one of those stupid ******* articles thats brings out the negative football critic in me. Stupid ******* article imo. No offense.
I dunno . . . the demise of Al Davis did open up the #1 spot for someone, anyway . . .

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2012, 12:22 AM
The dude in me says, "thats like, redundant, dont you think?"

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2012, 12:33 AM
I dunno . . . the demise of Al Davis did open up the #1 spot for someone, anyway . . .

Who. That fat freckled dope McKenzie?

tomjonesrocks
05-18-2012, 12:56 AM
McDaniels was the "hooked on smack and banging streetwalkers" period in an otherwise reasonably healthy marriage. You can patch it up, but it's never quite the same...

chazoe60
05-18-2012, 12:58 AM
McDaniels was the "hooked on smack and banging streetwalkers" period in an otherwise reasonably healthy marriage. You can patch it up, but it's never quite the same...

And we really shouldn't talk about it.

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2012, 01:03 AM

I feel like that mother ****** gave me AIDS.

But so does every person on the earth.

topscribe
05-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Who. That fat freckled dope McKenzie?
Just a little attempt at humor.

Kinda went over like an anvil in the ocean, didn't it?

dogfish
05-18-2012, 01:58 AM
top, tell us a story about red grange. . .

TXBRONC
05-18-2012, 05:17 AM

So he's only owner in the history of NFL to make a bad hiring decision? :rolleyes:

claymore
05-18-2012, 07:40 AM

The speed in which he fired McDaniels is more indicitive of the type of owner he is IMO. Every organization hires bad people at some point. The speed in which Bowlen tossed McD on his ass is impressive. It took alot of balls cutting his HEAVY losses at that point.

MOtorboat
05-18-2012, 08:01 AM
He should have kept McD. Boosh!

Tned
05-18-2012, 08:12 AM
The speed in which he fired McDaniels is more indicitive of the type of owner he is IMO. Every organization hires bad people at some point. The speed in which Bowlen tossed McD on his ass is impressive. It took alot of balls cutting his HEAVY losses at that point.

Well said. McDaniels clearly turned out to be a bad move (made much worse when he was given full control of personnel decisions), but the fact that Mr. Bowlen fired him before he was even done with his second year, and then got Elway, Fox and now Manning is far more indicative of the type of owner he is than simply the fact they made a bad hire.

Jsteve01
05-18-2012, 08:31 AM
sad thing is that McD is so bad he not only got himself fired but managed to ruin things for Spags as well. And the really really crazy part is in hindsight the two best hires from that class of McD, Spags, Morris, Rex and Schwartz were the two guys that were the last on most lists in Schwartz and Rexy. I think there is a fine line in hiring head coaches between finding the next Gruden or Shanny and a hiring a young punk who just can't handle the big picture stuff that a HC needs to deal with. I don't blame Bowlen/Ellis for taking a shot at a young guy. We all make mistakes it's how you learn and move on from them that shows your mettle. I think the last two years have shown Bowlen's worth and to a lesser degree the hated Ellis. Joe realized he was over his head on the football side and went out and got he and Pat's guy. I commend him for that.

TXBRONC
05-18-2012, 08:35 AM

If Bowlen had waited until the end of season to fire my opinion wouldn't change because I think McDaniels' fate was already sealed at that point and so was the team's (1-3) in the last quarter of the season.

Chef Zambini
05-18-2012, 08:43 AM
my first thought was, there must be 26 really crappy owners.
I like bowlen because he stays out of the limelight and out of the way, and thats an odd assesment for a DUDE that wears fur coats and likes to dress up in disguises.
But since he fired shanny the drunken sailor GM spender, bowlen has been conspiquosly CHEAP !
yes he brought back elway, but who couldnt figure that one out?
some might ask,
'what the F took him so long? "
and lets not forget who opened the pandoraq box we know as JMCD!
we dumped old mile high to placate bowlen, sorry, he is not a top owner in my book.
see robert kraft for more details of what a top owner is all about.

Chef Zambini
05-18-2012, 08:49 AM
So he's only owner in the history of NFL to make a bad hiring decision? :rolleyes:no, but it was one of the all time worst hires in NFL history and the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise, short of a players untimely death.

Chef Zambini
05-18-2012, 08:54 AM
The speed in which he fired McDaniels is more indicitive of the type of owner he is IMO. Every organization hires bad people at some point. The speed in which Bowlen tossed McD on his ass is impressive. It took alot of balls cutting his HEAVY losses at that point.never miond that millions of bronco fans were calling for his head a full season before bowlen pulled the trigger.
did bowlen not visit the locker-room after a game/
did he not see that the players were ordering pizza and eating it after aloss?
what the F was he running, a little league team?

Chef Zambini
05-18-2012, 09:02 AM
sad thing is that McD is so bad he not only got himself fired but managed to ruin things for Spags as well. And the really really crazy part is in hindsight the two best hires from that class of McD, Spags, Morris, Rex and Schwartz were the two guys that were the last on most lists in Schwartz and Rexy. I think there is a fine line in hiring head coaches between finding the next Gruden or Shanny and a hiring a young punk who just can't handle the big picture stuff that a HC needs to deal with. I don't blame Bowlen/Ellis for taking a shot at a young guy. We all make mistakes it's how you learn and move on from them that shows your mettle. I think the last two years have shown Bowlen's worth and to a lesser degree the hated Ellis. Joe realized he was over his head on the football side and went out and got he and Pat's guy. I commend him for that.did you forget about NOLAN?
that punk JMCD chased away a damn fine DC!
he hiored his brother and his grade school buddy.
cmon folks, the more I think about bowlen and JMCD, if pat was a parent, CPS wouldhave stepped in!
did bowlen pay for a huge funeral, yes, I give him mad props for that,but a guy shouldnt make a top ten list for after the fact,literal post mortem actions !
what has he done that one would consider "pro-active' ?
The article did not come up for me, what are bowlens charitable activities?

claymore
05-18-2012, 09:20 AM
If Bowlen had waited until the end of season to fire my opinion wouldn't change because I think McDaniels' fate was already sealed at that point and so was the team's (1-3) in the last quarter of the season.

Firing McDaniels mid season was a backhanded bitch slap. I loved it. The only thing that I would have loved more is if I had pictres of Bowlens security detail throwing him out and him landing on his smug face.

Chef Zambini
05-18-2012, 09:31 AM
a picture of him holding his card board box of toys, a face full of tears as he loaded his SUV with his office props with a bumper sticker that reads "mensa on board".
that would have been sweet.

Ravage!!!
05-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Wait, if you think Cugal is negative on Bowlen.... just wait until silk finds this thread.

Superchop 7
05-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Letting Joe Ellis get involved in football operations probably dropped him to 33.

Getting Elway onboard to fix the mess moved him up 28 spots.

I like Pat, the crap he had to go through with the son of a bitch Kaiser showed his love for the team.

He was smart doing the stadium when he did it.

Smart for getting Shanny, especially doing it stealth in disguise.

I blame every bad thing on Ellis.....not Pat.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Letting Joe Ellis get involved in football operations probably dropped him to 33.

Getting Elway onboard to fix the mess moved him up 28 spots.

I like Pat, the crap he had to go through with the son of a bitch Kaiser showed his love for the team.

He was smart doing the stadium when he did it.

Smart for getting Shanny, especially doing it stealth in disguise.

I blame every bad thing on Ellis.....not Pat.

Remember, Ellis only got involved because he had to. He's not a football guy, he's a business guy who runs the business side of the house. McDaniels was a terrible hire and both Bowlen and Ellis knew this. Ellis was only involved because there was no "football guy" to do it. Xanders was a puppet GM (hence why he's now gone) and McDaniels proved he wasn't a "football guy", either. Other than during the McDouchenozzle drama, when have you ever heard or seen Ellis giving press conferences and speaking football on behalf of the team? Never.

Ellis took a lot of heat for the McDouchebag mistake but I have no doubt that Ellis was also a major part of firing McDouchebag and then courting/hiring Elway. I used to be really disappointed with both Ellis and Bowlen for the McDumbshit mistake, then I look at the current FO/coaching staff (Elway, Fox, bringing in Del Rio) and who our starting QB is going into this year and I say, "Nice recovery, Gentlemen!" :salute:

Things are really looking up right now and it's a good time to be Broncos fan. We have a lot to be excited about right now and both Bowlen and Ellis have a hand in that. If for no other reason, they brought in the right guy in Elway to fix this team.

chazoe60
05-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Remember, Ellis only got involved because he had to. He's not a football guy, he's a business guy who runs the business side of the house. McDaniels was a terrible hire and both Bowlen and Ellis knew this. Ellis was only involved because there was no "football guy" to do it. Xanders was a puppet GM (hence why he's now gone) and McDaniels proved he wasn't a "football guy", either. Other than during the McDouchenozzle drama, when have you ever heard or seen Ellis giving press conferences and speaking football on behalf of the team? Never.

Ellis took a lot of heat for the McDouchebag mistake but I have no doubt that Ellis was also a major part of firing McDouchebag and then courting/hiring Elway. I used to be really disappointed with both Ellis and Bowlen for the McDumbshit mistake, then I look at the current FO/coaching staff (Elway, Fox, bringing in Del Rio) and who our starting QB is going into this year and I say, "Nice recovery, Gentlemen!" :salute:

Things are really looking up right now and it's a good time to be Broncos fan. We have a lot to be excited about right now and both Bowlen and Ellis have a hand in that. If for no other reason, they brought in the right guy in Elway to fix this team.
This is exactly right. Yes McDipshit was a God-awful mistake of biblical proportions, but he's gone now and we've come back with Von Miller, John Fox, John Elway, Peyton MFing Manning, and a host of other phenominal football moves since. We are a freight train running hell bent for football greatness right now and McDick is nothing but a dead hobo who fell asleep on the tracks. :D

Chef Zambini
05-19-2012, 10:48 AM

Things are really looking up right now and it's a good time to be Broncos fan. We have a lot to be excited about right now and both Bowlen and Ellis have a hand in that. If for no other reason, they brought in the right guy in Elway to fix this team.this is all correct, but it doesnt make bowlen a top tyen owner.
should elway be considered a top ten exec, perhaps.
But until i see the list of community service and charity contributions, i fail to see how pat should be considered a top ten owner.
he is NOT a top ten spender.
he was one of the LAST owners to hire a nutritionist in the entire league!
he employed a guy with a masters in marketing as his strength and conditioning coach.
Did he respect and honor the MILE HIGH name?
no he sold it to the highest bidder !
good owner, yes, top ten, no.

Ravage!!!
05-19-2012, 11:06 AM
respect and honor ? Thats easy to say when you aren't being offered the 30 million for naming rights. :lol: