PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign Bolden

HORSEPOWER 56
05-17-2012, 07:43 PM
The Broncos signed Bolden, the first draft pick to sign.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/17/broncos-sign-their-first-draft-pick/

SR
05-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Good. High hopes for the kid

Davii
05-17-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm surprised this isn't done much sooner now that we have a rookie wage scale and all.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-17-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm surprised this isn't done much sooner now that we have a rookie wage scale and all.

Yeah, I don't know what we're waiting for. Most other teams have the majority of their picks signed by now... especially the later round guys. We don't even have a 1st round pick to haggle with or wait for the pieces to fall in place around.

LTC Pain
05-18-2012, 12:44 AM
Outstanding! Now sign the rest :)

Cugel
05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Bolden is a 4th round pick, who figures to have a chance to make an immediate impact as a kick returner or punt returner.

He's not even guaranteed to make the 53 man roster, although I'm not betting against it.

It looks like the Broncos are trying to low-ball everybody and that's why the negotiations are dragging out.

Bowlen is trying to "save money." Well I have zero sympathy. First of all next season teams are going to be REQUIRED to spend their entire salary cap. No more cheap-skate owners saving $20 million a year by NOT signing players who might help the team win.

In short, the NFL is going to prohibit owners from acting like the Montforts, owners of the Colorado Rockies. So, what exactly is Bowlen going to accomplish by being cheap for a year? Assuming that's what he's doing.

And if not, then why the hold-up in the first place?

Ravage!!!
05-18-2012, 11:53 AM
eh... I don't know what the worry is about it. They'll get it done. Its not like we are "behind" in any way.

Cugel
05-18-2012, 04:17 PM
eh... I don't know what the worry is about it. They'll get it done. Its not like we are "behind" in any way.

According to this morning's Denver Post they are near to signing both Wolfe and Brockweiler. So this thread may soon be obsolete. :wave: