PDA

View Full Version : Why Was Billups Suspended?

getlynched47
05-30-2009, 12:52 AM
This is very random, but I need something to get me out of my Nuggets loss sadness. With that said, why was Chauncey Billups suspended for a game during the infamous Pacers-Pistons brawl?

Just in case you wanna see this awesome fight by the bad boy Artest:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4637125146685574271

Just for kicks, here's the video of the Knicks-Nuggets brawl...good stuff!

http://www.spike.com/video/knicks-nuggets-brawl/2806873?ns=1

Artest is a badass :lol:

Enjoy :beer:

Gridironchamp
05-30-2009, 01:26 AM
Couple of things...

1) Stephen Jackson was the baddest mofo in the Pacer -Pistion fight

2) That clip didn't have Jermaine O'neal's punch on the fan on the court, that was
the best punch lol

3) That is why I'll never respect Carmelo Anthony. I have no problem with him
hitting someone in the middle of that fight... but he slapped him, like a bitch would,
and then he ran... He then continued to talk shit once he ran away? He is a gutless
little bitch forver now.

getlynched47
06-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Couple of things...

2) That clip didn't have Jermaine O'neal's punch on the fan on the court, that was
the best punch lol

hitting someone in the middle of that fight... but he slapped him, like a bitch would,
and then he ran... He then continued to talk shit once he ran away? He is a gutless
little bitch forver now.

Gee, thanks for your irrelevant comments that have nothing to do with my question. :coffee:

Benetto
06-01-2009, 07:20 PM
His comments hit it on the nail...

Chauncy was suspended because he left the bench...BS rule IMO...Half of your team is brawling and fans are pouring onto the court getting kncked out, and you're supposed to sit down and not get up?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1928540

EMB6903
06-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Couple of things...

the best punch lol

little bitch forver now.

1. Stephan Jackson has absolutely NOTHING ON Ben Wallace or Ron Artest

2.You are saying Melo is a punk for a slap? do you realize how much more games he would have possibly got if he had a closed fist?

Melo is a punk for hitting a player with an open fist but Jermaine Oneal's punch on a out of shape fan in his 40's was "The best punch"

sorry I cant take that seriously.

Gridironchamp
06-02-2009, 03:10 PM
1. Stephan Jackson has absolutely NOTHING ON Ben Wallace or Ron Artest

2.You are saying Melo is a punk for a slap? do you realize how much more games he would have possibly got if he had a closed fist?

Melo is a punk for hitting a player with an open fist but Jermaine Oneal's punch on a out of shape fan in his 40's was "The best punch"

sorry I cant take that seriously.

Did you read my post, or did you just pick and choose to read the parts you
wanted to?

Melo is a bitch for slapping someone and then running away and then he
continued to talk shit. How is that not a punk move?

Oh, and Oneal's punch was the best because he landed clean on the guys face.
I don't know if you confused best punch with "I like him the most because of.."
or not, but I'll go ahead and clear that up too. :rolleyes:

Gridironchamp
06-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Gee, thanks for your irrelevant comments that have nothing to do with my question. :coffee:

Just responding to your videos that you posted and your comment about Artest.

Thnikkaman
06-02-2009, 03:19 PM
wanted to?

I don't like that he did it. I don't know why he ran. I like that he has his head on straight now. He served his suspension and I'm fine with it. He better not do it again.

EMB6903
06-02-2009, 07:38 PM
wanted to?

I'd say Melo is a bitch for cold cockin somebody when they arent even paying attention... the Open hand slap isnt a bitch move... good thing it was a slap or it could have been 10x worse... also backing away when 3 Knicks players are attacking you is something all of us would do.. its called reaction 3 grown men were attacking him..you are acting like he turned around and ran as fast as he could.. (I'd assume the tough guys who think Melo is a ***** for backing away when being attacked probably have never been in a fight in their entire life)

And last but not least......Whats the deal with you callin him a bitch because hes talking shit after a brawl... you do realize every player on the court was doing the same, thats something to expect after a fight breaks out...

"DONT TALK SHIT AFTER A FIGHT OR YOU ARE A PUNK"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2yP46VeVQ8

Gridironchamp
06-04-2009, 03:12 PM
I'd say Melo is a bitch for cold cockin somebody when they arent even paying attention... the Open hand slap isnt a bitch move... good thing it was a slap or it could have been 10x worse... also backing away when 3 Knicks players are attacking you is something all of us would do.. its called reaction 3 grown men were attacking him..you are acting like he turned around and ran as fast as he could.. (I'd assume the tough guys who think Melo is a ***** for backing away when being attacked probably have never been in a fight in their entire life)

And last but not least......Whats the deal with you callin him a bitch because hes talking shit after a brawl... you do realize every player on the court was doing the same, thats something to expect after a fight breaks out...

"DONT TALK SHIT AFTER A FIGHT OR YOU ARE A PUNK"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2yP46VeVQ8

You don't get it do you?

A slap is a bitch move. A slap belittles someone because your saying "You are
not worthy of being hit," Sure, if Melo said to himself, I'll get less time for slapping
then sure we can call it smart, that doesn't make it manly, it's still a bitch move.

Running away is a bitch move. I understand running away from a fight in which
a group of guys came up to you... But Melo made the first move, then ran.
Even ran from 5'6" Nate Robinson.

You can talk allllllllllllllllll the shit you want after a fight... if you don't run away like
a BITCH. <- Period.

You are trying to defend an undefendable person in this. Melo is a bitch, flat out,
for slapping and running. Thankfully, as someone pointed out, he appears to have
changed.

Thnikkaman
06-04-2009, 03:48 PM
You don't get it do you?

A slap is a bitch move. A slap belittles someone because your saying "You are
not worthy of being hit," Sure, if Melo said to himself, I'll get less time for slapping
then sure we can call it smart, that doesn't make it manly, it's still a bitch move.

Running away is a bitch move. I understand running away from a fight in which
a group of guys came up to you... But Melo made the first move, then ran.
Even ran from 5'6" Nate Robinson.

You can talk allllllllllllllllll the shit you want after a fight... if you don't run away like
a BITCH. <- Period.

You are trying to defend an undefendable person in this. Melo is a bitch, flat out,
for slapping and running. Thankfully, as someone pointed out, he appears to have
changed.

This says to me that you have no experience to base an intelligent opinion, or that you yourself are a thug.

Gridironchamp
06-11-2009, 11:30 PM
This says to me that you have no experience to base an intelligent opinion, or that you yourself are a thug.

Your right, I'm 18 years old, white, and live in the suburbs in North Kansas City
Missouri but I'm thuggin it up.

Experience? Like playing basketball? Being fouled hard while playing basketball?
Been in a fight? Seen some fights?

I'm wondering what kind of experience is needed to say that slapping someone
and running is a bitch move.

Benetto
06-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Slapping someone, and running away while you make the move is bitch made, 100%....Gutless, spineless...Whatever you want to call it.

I have been in some pretty dirty fights growing up out here..And even took on 6 guys with only 2 of my buddies, and still didn't run away when we knew we are out maned by 3...When you slap and run, that's bitch. No doubt about it.

Thnikkaman
06-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Your right, I'm 18 years old, white, and live in the suburbs in North Kansas City
Missouri but I'm thuggin it up.

Experience? Like playing basketball? Being fouled hard while playing basketball?
Been in a fight? Seen some fights?

I'm wondering what kind of experience is needed to say that slapping someone
and running is a bitch move.

If you are on the streets, and all you are fighting for is pride, yeah that is totally a bitch move. Either go full bore, or don't go at all.

When you are a professional and the difference between an open handed slap and getting out and brawling like you are just fighting for pride is a 10,000 dollar fine and 10 game suspension or facing being suspended for the rest of the season (I'm not exactly sure how much Melo got fined, I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass but you get the point), then its less of a bitch move.

I don't know what Melo was thinking at that point when he did what he did. I'm just theorizing that he may have used his head for once in that situation and avoided getting cast into the Ron Artest category of players.

And please don't imply that thug is a racial or inner city term. I have met plenty of white suburbanites fronting that they are thugs (and some that aren't fronting).