PDA

View Full Version : GFB, Manning goes down THIS YEAR...

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Donovan mc nabb will be our new starter!
Unless of course some other team signs him first !
brocko will not be ready, and JE will not want to expose this kids "not ready for prime time" skill-set.

GEM
05-17-2012, 01:32 PM
**** McNabb....whiny mofo.

Superchop 7
05-17-2012, 01:38 PM
The point is........we have no backup QB.

I would rather they get a legit backup NOW and let him learn the playbook than have a guy walk in cold and expected to play Sunday.

This is the weakest spot on the team.

chazoe60
05-17-2012, 01:41 PM
I love how people act like we're the only team in the league whose season would suffer severely if our starting QB went down. :laugh: Have you guys not watched any NFL in the last 30 years. It is extremely rare for a team to successfully withstand the loss of their starter.

rationalfan
05-17-2012, 01:51 PM
I love how people act like we're the only team in the league whose season would suffer severely if our starting QB went down. :laugh: Have you guys not watched any NFL in the last 30 years. It is extremely rare for a team to successfully withstand the loss of their starter.

or how manning is the only QB in the league seriously at risk of injury. in my mind, tebow's style of play makes him more susceptible to injury than manning.

and, a big NO on mcnabb. i'd rather play adam webber, and i think he's a scrub.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
there are at least 10 examples of teams losing their starter and finding success in their back-up, especially when you offer up 30 years of examples !
did ELWAY miss 3-4 games in 1998?
bubby brister, hello?
should I go on or do you want to retract now?
brady, back-up
big ben, back-up
vick, back-up
rivers back-up
gerrard, back-up
the guy who just left GB and went to seattle, back-up
kevin kolb, back-up?
hello? where you been the last 30 years?

chazoe60
05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks fro proving my point. 10 times in 30 years=very rare.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 01:58 PM
The point is........we have no backup QB.

I would rather they get a legit backup NOW and let him learn the playbook than have a guy walk in cold and expected to play Sunday.

This is the weakest spot on the team.
yes, that is my point, and I wonder if our broncos explored the potyential of trading for colt mccoy.
if we lose PM mid -season, god forbid, mcnabb may be our onlyalternative.
nobody else on our roster is going to be ready/ capable.
we need only see what happened to the colts because they were NOT prepared for a plan B without PM.
elway said it himself, he morgaged the present for the future, HIS words, not just my sentament.

claymore
05-17-2012, 02:00 PM
yes, that is my point, and I wonder if our broncos explored the potyential of trading for colt mccoy.
if we lose PM mid -season, god forbid, mcnabb may be our onlyalternative.
nobody else on our roster is going to be ready/ capable.
we need only see what happened to the colts because they were NOT prepared for a plan B without PM.
elway said it himself, he morgaged the present for the future, HIS words, not just my sentament.

Mcnabb is no better than Osweiler or Webber. Id rather take my lumps with Osweiler.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 02:03 PM
apart from brister, those guys all made a difference in the last TEN years !
care to try again?
houston had a back-up last year.
same with MIAMI,
both won games in the abscence of the starter.
pittsburg too.
not having a game-ready bck-up in the NFL is not only stoopid, its unjustifiable!
again I point to the colts and the consequences for a HOF GM and executive of the year for not being prepared.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Mcnabb is no better than Osweiler or Webber. Id rather take my lumps with Osweiler.thats opinion.
we wont know till we see brocko in a real game.
But I doubt JE wants us to even have that look at the future given his present skil level.
Lets hope we dont have to find out !
In all the praise that people are finding worthy to print about brocko, NONE are saying he is ready to play this season, NONE !
including ELWAY and FOX !

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks fro proving my point. 10 times in 30 years=very rare.kurt warner for 3 different teams!!!
all within the last 12 years.

claymore
05-17-2012, 02:10 PM
thats opinion.
But I doubt JE wants us to even have that look at the future given his present skil level.
In all the praise that people are finding worthy to print about brocko, NONE are saying he is ready to play this season, NONE !

If he is as bad as McNab is then we know he isnt the future. It kills 2 birds with one stone.

slim
05-17-2012, 02:10 PM
there are at least 10 examples of teams losing their starter and finding success in their back-up, especially when you offer up 30 years of examples !
bubby brister, hello?
brady, back-up
big ben, back-up
vick, back-up
rivers back-up
gerrard, back-up
kevin kolb, back-up?

I think you should continue, because those examples suck.

The Pats lucked in to Brady (he was not considered an NFL ready back up when Bledsoe got hurt).

Vick, Rivers, the Rapist....all top ten picks.

Kevin Kolb sucks ass....he spent last year getting out played by freaking John Skelton.

Bottom line, no team has two pro bowl caliber QBs on their roster...

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 02:11 PM
McNabb, at this point of his career, is HORRIBLE. Not just bad... HORRIBLE. He was beat OUT by the rookie the Vikings drafted last year, and he's not exactly a top talent.

No... I would MUCH MUCH rather go with Os than McNabb. Our team isn't like our '98 team that can make up for a couple games with Brister. Not to mention, Brister was THREE TIMES the QB that McNabb is at this point of Donovan's career.

Makes more sense to give Os some experience, let him learn from what he sees, then take that experience back to the training room and film room with Peyton and reload for next season. McNabb is just flat out...terrible.

shank
05-17-2012, 02:12 PM
bubby brister, hello?
brady, back-up
big ben, back-up
vick, back-up
rivers back-up
gerrard, back-up
kevin kolb, back-up?
make me a sandwich.

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 02:20 PM
brady, back-up (got lucky, they had NO idea he woudl be as good as he is..... none. This makes more sense to be used as an "Os for the starter" argument when Manning goes down than the other way around. )

big ben, back-up (drafted in the first round to be the starter and replace Tomczak. Like Oz was drafted to replace Manning someday)

vick, back-up (when was he a back-up, the one year in Philly after coming out of prison? He was the #1 pick in the draft. How many playoff games did Philly win with him coming off the bench?)

rivers back-up (again, the #1 pick in the draft. Did he ever come in to fill in for Brees at all?? Terrible example)

gerrard, back-up (and barely in the NFL. Came off the bench to fill in for a terrible QB. Wasn't like it was a huge change from one to the next. How many playoffs did Gerrard win coming off the bench?)

the guy who just left GB and went to seattle, back-up (played ONE game in the NFL...and GB didn't have him on the roster KNOWING he was going to do well. So this fits into more "os is the guy" category)

kevin kolb, back-up? (yes, and? What did he ever do?)

Seems what you are showing, is that unknowns (or those that aren't expected to be ready to be NFL starters) came off the bench and played well as back-ups. Seems that you are making more of a point ofr Os, than not.

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 02:24 PM

No, those are not his words. Those are your interpretations of his words.

"We are set for the future, and he's our guy for the future. Sometimes you have to sacrifice the short term for the long term to draft a guy that you believe can be that next guy for you, and that's Brock Osweiler."

That's nothing... NOTHING.... like "mortgaging the future." Quit lying and being disingenuous

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 02:25 PM
back-ups on the roster who came in and won games.
lots of examples, some of which I posted with little thought and ZERO research!
very few of them ROOKIES!
thanks for helping to prove MY point !
not likely brocko is gonna be ready, thats my point!
lets go a different direction with this thread if you wish, who else besides MCNABB is available for the broncos?
(QB free agents)

slim
05-17-2012, 02:28 PM
back-ups on the roster who came in and won games.
lots of examples, some of which I posted with little thought and ZERO research!
very few of them ROOKIES!
lets go a different direction with this thread if you wish, who else besides MCNABB is available for the broncos?
(QB free agents)

Dan Orlovsky won tow games last year....maybe we could sign him?

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 02:32 PM
.. or we can ask the question,
"do you think brocko can win games THIS YEAR ? "

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE]very few of them ROOKIES!

Nearly all of them were rookies. The ones that weren't were guys that were "unknown" or thought to be "project" QBs taht came in and performed well despite people thinking/ knowing they weren't ready. You've proved the point for Osweiller being the guy to come in, more than not.

slim
05-17-2012, 02:34 PM
.. or we can ask the question,
"do you think brocko can win games THIS YEAR ? "

Well, there is only one way to find out.

If Elway thinks he is capable....that is good enough for me.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 02:36 PM
No, those are not his words. Those are your interpretations of his words.

That's nothing... NOTHING.... like "mortgaging the future." Quit lying and being disingenuous
you are right! itsmore like morgaging the PRESENT !
sacrifice the present for the future, JE admits it, I point out how bleak the present QB picture is if manning does go down this year.
you dont like my quote, find one from elway that suggests that brocko is ready to play and win THIS SEASON !
go ahead... I will wait, I just wont hold my breath.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=Chef Zambini;1638857]

Nearly all of them were rookies. The ones that weren't were guys that were "unknown" or thought to be "project" QBs taht came in and performed well despite people thinking/ knowing they weren't ready. You've proved the point for Osweiller being the guy to come in, more than not.
so now you want to agree with me?
a diredct question to YOU, do YOU think that brocko can win games THIS YEAR?
nevermind all the rest, lets discuss brocko and his aboility to come in this season and lead our broncos to a victory.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=Chef Zambini;1638857]

Nearly all of them were rookies. The ones that weren't were guys that were "unknown" or thought to be "project" QBs taht came in and performed well despite people thinking/ knowing they weren't ready. You've proved the point for Osweiller being the guy to come in, more than not.I havent proved anything, some other poster said in the last 30 years its RARE that a back-uop has come in to win games.
simply not true, yet i dont see you arguing against that point,
just beiong your typical zam hating self and taking up arms against ANYTHING I might post!
That makes you closed minded, reactionary, hostile, and rather pathetic.
"the earth revolves around the sun"
'therefore the sun does not actually rise and set in the east then west, but rather stays right where its at and its the earth that does the moving, giving the appearnce of the sun rising in the east and setting in the west"
THE SUN DOES not ACTUALLY RISE IN THE EAST AND SET IN THE WEST- zambini.
go ahead and argue againt that too.

NightTerror218
05-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Elway got haine, I do no think we would go after anyone else. They signed their backup deal with it. manning goes down it will be haine and Brock. Haine starting and brock getting a few snaps for experience.

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Ravage!!!;1638867]
so now you want to agree with me?
a diredct question to YOU, do YOU think that brocko can win games THIS YEAR?
nevermind all the rest, lets discuss brocko and his aboility to come in this season and lead our broncos to a victory.

I'm telling you I don't know. But they didn't know about most of your examples.... thats the point. So I'm telling you that Os, right now, is a better player than McNabb is. I'm telling you that I wont' know until he's on the field. I'm telling you that I don't expect a team that loses their starter to make it to the playoffs, as ALL your examples pointed out. The only example you came up with was Brady, and not only did the team not know what they had, but didn't expect him to be a starter. So your ONE example, is an example that it makes sense to start Os over some "proven" back-up.

So how is it that YOU are so certain that Os can't come in and win right now?? You aren't. Teams have been starting their rookies for years now...putting them into the line of fire and learn from experience. Sometimes they have the cast to win, and sometimes they don't. But either way, they are learning from the experience. I NEVER expect a team to win with either a back-up, nor a rookie. That being said, the experience is VERY valuable, even if it means he sits again teh following season.

Which takes us to the STUPID (yes, stupid) "Mortgaging the present" for the future statement that you just made. Thats what EVERY team does that starts a rookie at ANY position....ESPECIALLY QB.

So do I expect Os go come in and play as well as Manning. No way. Do I expect our team to win with a rookie QB? No more so than I would with any rookie. Do I expect our team to go to the playoffs if our back-up as the starting QB? No more so than any other team in the NFL.

It would be moronic to sign a veteran QB at this point to back-up Manning. Especially as terrible as McNabb.

Timmy!
05-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Lol! Jeebus Zam, take ur meds.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=Chef Zambini;1638877]

I'm telling you I don't know. But they didn't know about most of your examples.... thats the point. So I'm telling you that Os, right now, is a better player than McNabb is. I'm telling you that I wont' know until he's on the field. I'm telling you that I don't expect a team that loses their starter to make it to the playoffs, as ALL your examples pointed out. The only example you came up with was Brady, and not only did the team not know what they had, but didn't expect him to be a starter. So your ONE example, is an example that it makes sense to start Os over some "proven" back-up. this is your first rational post of this thread and I applaude you rfor reaching down deep to find it.

So how is it that YOU are so certain that Os can't come in and win right now?? You aren't. Teams have been starting their rookies for years now...putting them into the line of fire and learn from experience. Sometimes they have the cast to win, and sometimes they don't. But either way, they are learning from the experience. I NEVER expect a team to win with either a back-up, nor a rookie. That being said, the experience is VERY valuable, even if it means he sits again teh following season.

Which takes us to the STUPID (yes, stupid) "Mortgaging the present" for the future statement that you just made. Thats what EVERY team does that starts a rookie at ANY position....ESPECIALLY QB.

So do I expect Os go come in and play as well as Manning. No way. Do I expect our team to win with a rookie QB? No more so than I would with any rookie. Do I expect our team to go to the playoffs if our back-up as the starting QB? No more so than any other team in the NFL.

It would be moronic to sign a veteran QB at this point to back-up Manning. Especially as terrible as McNabb.you left off big ben who won 15 regular season games as a rookie and also lends support to the notion that brocko could win games.
I dont think so, thats why I ask about alternatives.
I also wanted to get some fellow bronco fans perspectives on mcnabb as well as hainy or another FA ho might be available if PM goes down.
My concern is genuine.
I think it will be a leg injury , rather than a neck injury that might keep manning off the field this year.
what is our plan B?

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 03:04 PM

you just called elway stupid, cause thats what he said, he admitted, not me! I used the term morgaged, he used the phrase "sacrificed"
so elway sacrificed our present for the future by se using his second pick on a QB of the future instead of a player who can help this team NOW
elway called brocko a sacrifice, not me, elway called brocko a future investment, one that sacrifices the present, not me! you really are hostile torwards anything i post arent you ? !

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Ravage!!!;1638886]you left off big ben who won 15 regular season games as a rookie and also lends support to the notion that brocko could win games.
I dont think so, thats why I ask about alternatives.
I also wanted to get some fellow bronco fans perspectives on mcnabb as well as hainy or another FA ho might be available if PM goes down.
My concern is genuine.
I think it will be a leg injury , rather than a neck injury that might keep manning off the field this year.
what is our plan B?

I think our plan B is Os. If Manning goes down, Os takes over as the starter. Maybe Hanie comes in and plays a couple games if the injury is minor... maybe. But if Manning is down for a long time, it wouldn't really make sense not to start Os considering we know that Hanie is nothing more than.... nothing. Os will be put on the list as the 3rd QB early in the year, and if Manning gets hurt (depending on the severity of the injury)...he'll be the starter. As he should.

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 03:09 PM

you just called elway stupid, cause thats what he said, he admitted, not me! I used the term morgaged, he used the phrase "sacrificed"
so elway sacrificed our present for the future by se using his second pick on a QB of the future instead of a player who can help this team NOW
elway called brocko a sacrifice, not me, elway called brocko a future investment, one that sacrifices the present, not me! you really are hostile torwards anything i post arent you ? !
There is a HUGE difference between "sacrificing now for the future" and MORTGAGING... and you know it. YOu used mortgage because its a much more negative word and makes it "sound/feel" as if Elway "sold our future" for this player. Thats absurd.

Any team that drafts a young QB is sacrificing the now for the future. The colts are sacrificing the now, for the future. Any player that starts as a rookie, is a sacrifice "now" for the future. Does that mean they are "mortgaging?" No. That's COMPLETELY different.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 03:10 PM
There is a HUGE difference between "sacrificing now for the future" and MORTGAGING... and you know it. YOu used mortgage because its a much more negative word and makes it "sound/feel" as if Elway "sold our future" for this player. Thats absurd.

Any team that drafts a young QB is sacrificing the now for the future. The colts are sacrificing the now, for the future. Any player that starts as a rookie, is a sacrifice "now" for the future. Does that mean they are "mortgaging?" No. That's COMPLETELY different.really, seems like mere semantics to me
in fact SACRIFICE seems more dire and desperate than MORGAGE.
but whatever, I just think thats your zam-hatred showing thru.

silkamilkamonico
05-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Backup QB?

Who gives a f---

Chef Zambini
[QUOTE=Chef Zambini;1638889]

I think our plan B is Os. If Manning goes down, Os takes over as the starter. Maybe Hanie comes in and plays a couple games if the injury is minor... maybe. But if Manning is down for a long time, it wouldn't really make sense not to start Os considering we know that Hanie is nothing more than.... nothing. Os will be put on the list as the 3rd QB early in the year, and if Manning gets hurt (depending on the severity of the injury)...he'll be the starter. As he should.again one of your better posts and more rational comments of this thread.
I agree 100% I think the actual in game experience would be beneficial for oz's growth, I just dont think elway is eager to put him out there to take his lumps, and would rather have a veteran to lead the team.

Ravage!!!
rerally, seems like mere semantics to me
in fact SACRIFICE seems more dire and desperate.
but whatever, I just think thats your zam-hatred showing thru.

No. I think you know you used mortgage for a particular reason.

Day1BroncoFan
05-17-2012, 03:15 PM
OMG. Mcnabb. :laugh:

r u srs?

Northman
05-17-2012, 03:16 PM
houston had a back-up last year.

You mean the former first rounder who broke his vagina in the first game that he played? They played the rest of the year with a rookie and won a playoff game. :lol:

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Ravage!!!;1638921]again one of your better posts and more rational comments of this thread.
I agree 100% I think the actual in game experience would be beneficial for oz's growth, I just dont think elway is eager to put him out there to take his lumps, and would rather have a veteran to lead the team.

Which is why we signed Manning. But after that, its time to give the rookie his learning lumps. I suppose we could still sign some veteran that could be cut later, but I just don't see the reasoning behind that. If manning had been here a couple years, and we felt that we were built to make "that run" .... this year... and we came close and were improving the last couple years.... I could see Elway signing a vet as an insurance policy and not rely on a rookie for a deep playoff push. But this is Manning's first season here. This team has a bit to go before we are "Really" there, and I feel confident that although we want to go deep into the playoffs this season (of course)...we are really planning that next season is "our year." From that point, we'll know more about Os and see if we need a vet to back-up Peyton (as well as possibly having better choices) for that SB push.

Northman
05-17-2012, 03:18 PM
I think you should continue, because those examples suck.

The Pats lucked in to Brady (he was not considered an NFL ready back up when Bledsoe got hurt).

Vick, Rivers, the Rapist....all top ten picks.

Kevin Kolb sucks ass....he spent last year getting out played by freaking John Skelton.

Bottom line, no team has two pro bowl caliber QBs on their roster...

I seriously dont understand how Zam can be this oblivous. Does he not even pay attention to the players he is trying to use as examples? :lol:

Jesus christ, its like Zam posts as if he is literally just throwing darts at a board. Its hilarious.

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 03:19 PM
I seriously dont understand how Zam can be this oblivous. Does he not even pay attention to the players he is trying to use as examples? :lol:

Jesus christ, its like Zam posts as if he is literally just throwing darts at a board. Its hilarious.

and fun!

Northman
05-17-2012, 03:21 PM
and fun!

I dont know if its fun, i mean. I feel bad for him. He comes off completely retarded on here but i know he is well liked but i know if that is just because he is an easy punching bag or what.

Day1BroncoFan
05-17-2012, 03:27 PM
He has to be joking.

Northman
05-17-2012, 03:29 PM
He has to be joking.

One would hope so but stranger things have happened on here.

HammeredOut
05-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Mcnabb is no better than Osweiler or Webber. Id rather take my lumps with Osweiler.

Put the pipe down.... And think for a minute...

Oh I forgot,.... Your just another tebow virgin lover...

If McNabb was a white guy who went to 5 straight championship games... Everybody would be whining how great he was, and how Philly gave him the shaft... lol...

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 04:02 PM
mortgage versus sacrifice.
is that was this is about?
elway SACRIFICED our present, like a virgin at the alter of the future?
human sacrifice
home mortgage, which sounds more dire?
really dude, you have a problem with the poster, not the post.
look the two words up in your dictionary, SACRIFICE is far more final and fatal.
one a can always reifinace their mortgage.
you cant unsacrifice your victim.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 04:03 PM
we should have sacrificed tebow when he was a virgin.

Northman
05-17-2012, 04:06 PM

There's still time.

HammeredOut
05-17-2012, 04:07 PM

Well B. Obama just endorsed gay marriage earlier in the week... So maybe its time for Tim to come out of the closet... lol... Let Ryan Seacrest bust his bumginity...

SR
05-17-2012, 04:09 PM
thats opinion.

Are your posts for real or are you bullshitting all of us?

SR
05-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Well B. Obama just endorsed gay marriage earlier in the week... So maybe its time for Tim to come out of the closet... lol... Let Ryan Seacrest bust his bumginity...

Ryan Seacrest is dating Julianne Hough

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/uploads/julianne_hough-1.jpg

Dude has game and serious bucks.

HammeredOut
05-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Ryan Seacrest is dating Julianne Hough

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/uploads/julianne_hough-1.jpg

Dude has game and serious bucks.

Lets all throw in 20, and buy him a hooker.. get it over with...

SR
05-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Lets all throw in 20, and buy him a hooker.. get it over with...

:confused:

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 04:15 PM

Jesus christ, its like Zam posts as if he is literally just throwing darts at a board. Its hilarious.warner?
rottenburger
rogers
my point is, and MY only point was other teams had QBs waiting in the wings who could come in and win games!
KUBIAKJ, brister, you guys shopuld remeber those names, both won games when called apon.
is OS gonna be one of those guys this year?
I am not going to be the guy, yet you guys act like Im the guy who is gonna replace manning, or the guy who decides who replaces manning. obviously I am neither of those guys.
some guy says"nobody has a back up QB in the last 30 years to come in and win games" and i dont see any of you questioning that comment?
its pretty obvious your pre-conceived attitude torwards me is what is driving many of your responses, and you are making some foolish comments doing so.

MOtorboat
05-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Put the pipe down.... And think for a minute...

Oh I forgot,.... Your just another tebow virgin lover...

If McNabb was a white guy who went to 5 straight championship games... Everybody would be whining how great he was, and how Philly gave him the shaft... lol...

Did you really just call Claymore a Tebow lover?

Good God.

I was about to rip Zam for starting a retarded thread, but I'm pretty sure this post goes well above and beyond Zam's accomplishments in starting this thread.

Wow.

Timmy!
05-17-2012, 04:21 PM

Good God.

I was about to rip Zam for starting a retarded thread, but I'm pretty sure this post goes well above and beyond Zam's accomplishments in starting this thread.

Wow.

I like how he played the race card too.

Northman
05-17-2012, 04:24 PM
warner?

Veteran backup, came in when Leinart struggled as a rookie.

rottenburger

Replaced Maddox after he got injured as a rookie and played well. He was not a veteran backup.

rogers

Sat for 3 years before he took the reigns from Favre.

my point is, and MY only point was other teams had QBs waiting in the wings who could come in and win games!
KUBIAKJ, brister, you guys shopuld remeber those names, both won games when called apon.

Ok, they won a few games but so did rookies like Big Ben and TJ Yates for Houston.

is OS gonna be one of those guys this year?

Why not? If a 5th round pick like Yates can win games why cant a 2nd rounder in Oz win them? You havent made a very good argument on your behalf here.

its pretty obvious your pre-conceived attitude torwards me is what is driving many of your responses, and you are making some foolish comments doing so.

Believe me, im not the one looking foolish here. You contradict yourself in just about every post.

Northman
05-17-2012, 04:25 PM

Good God.

Wow.

I think Hammered has been out of the loop for about 5 years. :lol:

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Are your posts for real or are you bullshitting all of us?find me a comment from ANYONE
I repeat, ANYONE,
' that suggests brock O is ready to win a game THIS YEAR
I dont need a hooker,
I need a response to a question all of you are avoiding !

Northman
05-17-2012, 04:40 PM
find me a comment from ANYONE
I repeat, ANYONE,
I dont need a hooker,

Brock Oz is ready to win a game this year. Have we settled that now?

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Veteran backup, came in when Leinart struggled as a rookie.

Replaced Maddox after he got injured as a rookie and played well. He was not a veteran backup.

Sat for 3 years before he took the reigns from Favre.

Ok, they won a few games but so did rookies like Big Ben and TJ Yates for Houston.

Why not? If a 5th round pick like Yates can win games why cant a 2nd rounder in Oz win them? You havent made a very good argument on your behalf here.

Believe me, im not the one looking foolish here. You contradict yourself in just about every post.no, I am not the one falling over myself to be contrtary and therefore make contradicting statements.
I suggest that OZ will not be ready to win games this year, and ask about our options, suggesting that MCNABB might be a possibility. then someone ELSE, another guy, NOT ME says
' no back up in the last 30 years has won games. I point out the falacy of that statement and some folks are on me like bees on honey! read the who;e thread see where it leads and who takes it to the bizzare
the sun does not rise or set, the earth revolves around the sun.

MOtorboat
05-17-2012, 04:41 PM
no, I am not the one falling over myself to be contrtary and therefore make contradicting statements.
I suggest that OZ will not be ready to win games this year, and ask about our options, suggesting that MCNABB might be a possibility. then someone ELSE, another guy, NOT ME says
' no back up in the last 30 years has won games. I point out the falacy of that statement and some folks are on me like bees on honey! read the who;e thread see where it leads and who takes it to the bizzare
the sun does not rise or set, the earth revolves around the sun.

So, I'm guessing you're not a Caleb Hanie fan, either...

underrated29
05-17-2012, 04:42 PM
brocko will not be ready, and JE will not want to expose this kids "not ready for prime time" skill-set.

Started drinking a little early today didnt we.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Brock Oz is ready to win a game this year. Have we settled that now?have you heard this from a quotable source, or is this just your opinion?
why would elway call it a SACRIFICE if brock is ready to win this year?

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 04:43 PM
I dont know caleb from shit.
do YOU think he can come in and win games?

MOtorboat
05-17-2012, 04:44 PM
have you heard this from a quotable source, or is this just your opinion?

Have you heard a "quotable source" say he couldn't win games this season?

MOtorboat
05-17-2012, 04:44 PM
I dont know caleb from shit.
do YOU think he can come in and win games?

I'm not a "quotable source."

Northman
05-17-2012, 04:47 PM
have you heard this from a quotable source, or is this just your opinion?

My opinion but who cares one way or the other? I mean seriously? Brock Osweiler has just as much a chance to win A GAME this year than Tebow did his first year, than Big Ben did his first year, that TJ Yates had last year, and so on. It was a sacrifice to bring in Tebow last year but sometimes you just got to do it. So if Manning goes down we either play Hanie (who has experience and has won a few games) or go with Brock. This is absolutely nothing new to the world of professional football. Just because YOU dont think he can win a ballgame this year does not make it so.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 04:51 PM
so beyond the hostility, what I am getting from all of you is if manning does go down,
elway wont make any moves to sign a vet,
but instead will go with haine or brockO, the sacrifice.
I dont want to hear any of you suggesting alternatives if this god forbid does happen.

chazoe60
05-17-2012, 04:54 PM
I think Hammered has been out of the loop for about 5 years. :lol:

HO has never been in the loop. He is, afterall, the guy who said Terry Bradshaw was better than Elway and eluded to Kyle Orton also being better then Elway.

MOtorboat
05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
so beyond the hostility, what I am getting from all of you is if manning does go down,
I dont want to hear any of you suggesting alternatives if this god forbid does happen.

Well, A.) I don't know, and B.) because he signed a fifth year veteran, drafted a quarterback And retained Weber I would hypothesize that he would not go try to sign another veteran quarterback.

MOtorboat
05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
HO has never been in the loop. He is, afterall, the guy who said Terry Bradshaw was better than Elway and eluded to Kyle Orton also being better then Elway.

In before "left-handed."

weazel
05-17-2012, 04:58 PM

I say they should sign Mcnabb right now, sit him in a pot on the sideline and let him braise for a few games to get nice and tender. Once he's tender we can throw him into the fire and get some nice coloring on him! What you think zam?

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 04:59 PM
I love how people act like we're the only team in the league whose season would suffer severely if our starting QB went down. :laugh: Have you guys not watched any NFL in the last 30 years. It is extremely rare for a team to successfully withstand the loss of their starter.I see where NINE of you eagerly jump to salute this comment!
and then some of the very same NINE end up re-iterating that back-ups have indeed come in and been successful.
then they try to "qualify' what constitutes a back-up
and ultimatly end up arguing both sides of the distinction !
then these same people acuse me of contradicting myself.
hilarious !

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I say they should sign Mcnabb right now, sit him in a pot on the sideline and let him braise for a few games to get nice and tender. Once he's tender we can throw him into the fire and get some nice coloring on him! What you think zam?and thus you reveal the true nature of your hostility.
this aint the BBQ thread, my friend.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Well, A.) I don't know, and B.) because he signed a fifth year veteran, drafted a quarterback And retained Weber I would hypothesize that he would not go try to sign another veteran quarterback.bravo, a rational post and comment !

weazel
05-17-2012, 05:05 PM
and thus you reveal the true nature of your hostility.
this aint the BBQ thread, my friend.

damn, I figured you'd think that was funny man

Northman
05-17-2012, 05:05 PM

The only way Elway makes a move for a vet is if both Hanie and Brock go down with injuries. Really no different than any other team. Guys like Warner were already on their squads when they took over. It wasnt like Leinart got hurt or stunk it up and they went out in FA and signed Warner. At this stage its not like McNabb would even be that much better than the guys we have. That dude is done.

MOtorboat
05-17-2012, 05:08 PM
bravo, a rational post and comment !

With that in mind.

underrated29
05-17-2012, 05:09 PM
wHO GIVES a SHIT. mANNING IS GOING TO PLAY THE ENTIRE YEAR ANYWAY. tHE ONLY THING HE IS GOING DOWNE IS sUPER bOWL lANE.

*EDIT-Caps Lock Fail

drewloc
05-17-2012, 05:28 PM
wHO GIVES a SHIT. mANNING IS GOING TO PLAY THE ENTIRE YEAR ANYWAY. tHE ONLY THING HE IS GOING DOWNE IS sUPER bOWL lANE.

*EDIT-Caps Lock Fail

Even with the caps fail u29, it kind of fits in the thread, don't you think? :lol:

Simple Jaded
05-17-2012, 06:07 PM
D-Nabb is one of my favorite QB's of all time but I think his days as a viable starter are over.

Also, if I were upset over the draft pick used on Osweiler I wouldn't be too worried about what happens if Manning goes down, if he goes down you'll get even better draft picks.......

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 06:41 PM
D-Nabb is one of my favorite QB's of all time but I think his days as a viable starter are over.

Also, if I were upset over the draft pick used on Osweiler I wouldn't be too worried about what happens if Manning goes down, if he goes down you'll get even better draft picks.......now thats making lemonade out of lemons.

NightTerror218
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
You mean the former first rounder who broke his vagina in the first game that he played? They played the rest of the year with a rookie and won a playoff game. :lol:

you should not talk like that with Bryci as your avatar. NSFW.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 06:46 PM
I would take my chances with mcnabb over either os or haine.

SR
05-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Are your posts for real or are you bullshitting all of us?find me a comment from ANYONE
I repeat, ANYONE,
I dont need a hooker,

Why does the backup need to be able to win games right now? I thought that was Peyton's job? Are you really this football dumb or is this an act?

Mannway187
05-17-2012, 09:49 PM
I think the HMFsIC looked hard at the number of games Manning has actually missed during his career. Not counting last season, which he chose not to play has he ever missed a game due to injury? None that I can recall and he was getting creamed every week his first couple years. If every other team thinks he is as fragile as some of the good doctors on this site then he would already have retired. He aint playing for the money in fact his biggest injury concern isn't his neck, he's more concerned about that chip on his shoulder getting heavier each week while his team is whipping NFL ass. But what else do we have to talk about if not Mannings fragility or the FOs incompetance or whether or not Osweilers is ready to be a QB in the NFL. How many of the many guys that backed up Manning through the years ever took a snap in anything other than a preseason game? Zip, Zero, Nada. Some of you guys have as much NFL experience as a Colts backup QB. In fact you could be all pro. We don't need any backups with so many all pros available just in case.

WARHORSE
05-17-2012, 10:39 PM

McNabb? Not in a million years.

Elway would suit up before we sign that has been. Hes done. Fat lady has been singing since his last year in Philly. McNabb may as well be a McNugget.

Id give the Jets a third for Tebow back before I sign McNut.

Simple Jaded
05-17-2012, 11:38 PM
McNabb? Not in a million years.

Elway would suit up before we sign that has been. Hes done. Fat lady has been singing since his last year in Philly. McNabb may as well be a McNugget.

Id give the Jets a third for Tebow back before I sign McNut.

I can't imagine Tebow ever making that pass McNabb made to Jeremy Maclin to set up the game winning FG to beat Denver in 2009. Tebow would need a F'n step ladder to wear McNabb's shoes.......

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2012, 12:44 AM
Chef,

it doesnt make any sense to sign Mcnabb (who is one of my favorites btw) to a multi-million dollar contact with a young, athletic, strong armed Qb in the waiting? You think a second round Qb should be 3rd string? Gimme a break.

Chef Zambini
05-18-2012, 01:30 AM
I am suggesting os wont be ready and JE wont want to throw him to the wolves and raise doubt about "the future", therefore, if PM does take an early injury, I would expect JE to find a veteran replacement.
I dont know who all is available as a FA QB, but I do know that mcnabb is the kind of guy that can come in on monday, and run the offense on sunday.
maybe OS will be ready to step in, but NOTHING I have read about the guy suggests that he will be ready.

DenBronx
05-18-2012, 01:38 AM
I would like to see how well the Saints would do without Brees. Panthers without Newton.

Hey here's a thought.....how did the Colts do without Manning last year??? If Manning goes down we're screwed anyway.

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Only if Manning misses game one. Other than that, Elway has no other option than to go with Osweiler. He was drafted high for a reason. Adding an overpriced backup with so much already inversted in the Qb position with Denver is futile. Save the resources and spend them somewhere else.

sneakers
05-18-2012, 01:46 AM
http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/192_251/125_85/tumblr_lmpfj6rjab1qclt3z.gif

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2012, 01:46 AM
I would like to see how well the Saints would do without Brees. Panthers without Newton.

Hey here's a thought.....how did the Colts do without Manning last year??? If Manning goes down we're screwed anyway.

Not every backup is as shitty as Jim Sorgi. Hes about bottom of the barrel dont you think?

TXBRONC
05-18-2012, 05:38 AM
McNabb, at this point of his career, is HORRIBLE. Not just bad... HORRIBLE. He was beat OUT by the rookie the Vikings drafted last year, and he's not exactly a top talent.

No... I would MUCH MUCH rather go with Os than McNabb. Our team isn't like our '98 team that can make up for a couple games with Brister. Not to mention, Brister was THREE TIMES the QB that McNabb is at this point of Donovan's career.

Makes more sense to give Os some experience, let him learn from what he sees, then take that experience back to the training room and film room with Peyton and reload for next season. McNabb is just flat out...terrible.

If we had Brister as the back up we would have camaraderieship.

Jsteve01
05-18-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm really not sure why this thread has drawn so much vitriol. The ultimate question is valid. Manning is coming off multiple neck surgeries and mcnabb is out there. The answer to me actually hinges on one fact. Love him or hate him Andy Reid has rarely been wrong when releasing older players. The last two seasons have confirmed that with Donovan. He was horrid in Washington and minny. I say he's done and I've always been a McNabb fan.

Chef Zambini
05-18-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm really not sure why this thread has drawn so much vitriol. The ultimate question is valid. Manning is coming off multiple neck surgeries and mcnabb is out there. The answer to me actually hinges on one fact. Love him or hate him Andy Reid has rarely been wrong when releasing older players. The last two seasons have confirmed that with Donovan. He was horrid in Washington and minny. I say he's done and I've always been a McNabb fan.I appreciate your "coming to my defense, and yet regarding the andy reed comment, dawkins, hello?
and ANDY who is the all time pass junkie, had both vick and KOLB so the decision to release DMN to find a STARTING job elsewhere, was a senssaible decision.
what do we have after manning?
haine and Os
I guess most folks think thats all we need.

"back-up ? we dont need no stinkin' back-up"

Ravage!!!
05-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Yes, I think thats all we need.

If Manning goes down for a serious amount of time this season, the season is not expected to go anywhere. Its really that simple. It's that simple with most teams in the NFL. You can only justify so much money on one position. We not only have a top QB, but a young QB we drafted. To continue to add veterans to that position is just too much.

(btw, Reid was right with Dawkins as well, since Dawkins was only marginally good for one season in Denver, and has been an absolute shell of himself since being on the field the last 3 years)

NorCalBronco7
05-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Chef, you never answered my question.

Does a fresh 2nd round pick at Qb start at 3rd string?

Jsteve01
05-18-2012, 08:03 PM

If Manning goes down for a serious amount of time this season, the season is not expected to go anywhere. Its really that simple. It's that simple with most teams in the NFL. You can only justify so much money on one position. We not only have a top QB, but a young QB we drafted. To continue to add veterans to that position is just too much.

(btw, Reid was right with Dawkins as well, since Dawkins was only marginally good for one season in Denver, and has been an absolute shell of himself since being on the field the last 3 years)+1 and then factor in the way mcnabb performed or didn't the last two years and I can't justify picking him up

dunk7
05-19-2012, 03:46 PM
If we have to play Oz, we'll revert to the old Tebow playbook...1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down run (or deep post).

Oz won't need to be NFL ready to be successful in that offence.

Cugel
05-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Only if Manning misses game one. Other than that, Elway has no other option than to go with Osweiler. He was drafted high for a reason. Adding an overpriced backup with so much already inversted in the Qb position with Denver is futile. Save the resources and spend them somewhere else.

They're not going to throw Osweiler to the wolves no matter when Manning was injured. They intend to bring him along and develop him until he's ready. He's not going to be ready this season.

Elway believes in Osweiler as their QB of the future. Elway has publicly stated that it was a mistake to name Elway the starter in his first season before he was ready. He's not going to make that mistake with Osweiler.

Hence Osweiler will not play in a game unless Caleb Haney gets hurt too.

Chef Zambini
05-21-2012, 06:53 PM
They're not going to throw Osweiler to the wolves no matter when Manning was injured. They intend to bring him along and develop him until he's ready. He's not going to be ready this season.

Elway believes in Osweiler as their QB of the future. Elway has publicly stated that it was a mistake to name Elway the starter in his first season before he was ready. He's not going to make that mistake with Osweiler.

Hence Osweiler will not play in a game unless Caleb Haney gets hurt too.you sir have made the same proclamation I DID when starting this thread...
prepare for the shitstorm I received,
starting with no back-up has ever won any games in the last 30 years !

Chef Zambini
05-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Chef, you never answered my question.

Does a fresh 2nd round pick at Qb start at 3rd string?that would depend on the individul and the QBs in front of him!
look at andy dalton !
and then in this draft, the redskins took a promising rookie QB in the 4th round (caNT THINK OF HIS NAME) and many evaluators considered him the third best QB of the draft! he could start if drafted on a different team, and his current situation he is definatly going to aspire to be the #2 guy, edging out grossman.
My post, this thread, is specific to brocko !
I dont think he is ready, and i dont think JE wants to expose him either !
Thats why i suggested that if PM does go down mid-season, JE will be looking for a vet to replace him !
somebody who can come in and within 2 weeks, take over the offense!
you dont like mcnabb?
who else you got?
many say I have short changed haine. and most have argued out of both side of their mouths, being more pre-occupied with bashing me than addressing the injured PM possibility.

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 07:04 PM
McNabb can take over and finish the season 2-6, the winning percentage he's had the last two seasons.

Hanie's the backup. It would be stoopid to sign a veteran at this point. Save the money. Don't waste money on an over the hill self righteous whiner like McNabb.

Simple Jaded
05-21-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm a huge McNabb fan but I think I'd rather have Dennis Dixon if he's still available.......

Chef Zambini
05-21-2012, 07:09 PM

(btw, Reid was right with Dawkins as well, since Dawkins was only marginally good for one season in Denver, and has been an absolute shell of himself since being on the field the last 3 years)when shaub went down, the TEXANS did not tank! they competed for their division with their ## QB !
same with the CARDS !
maybe some the posters around hear think the season is lost once the starting QB goers down, but I know in the lockerroom there are 53 other players, coaches and a few million fans who expect their team to contend!
KURT WARNER, HELLO?
those of you who continue to proclaim all is lost after your QB goes down are hanging to a burning rope!
spitting at me wont change the precarious nature of your position !
there are DOZENS od examples of back-up QBs coming in and winning games!
ESPECIALLY OVER THE TIME SPAN OF 30 YEARS !
those of you who saluted that post and saw fit to chastize me for my foolishness are the ones with egg on their faces now.

Chef Zambini
05-21-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm a huge McNabb fan but I think I'd rather have Dennis Dixon if he's still available.......
I like dixon too, his availablity remains a mystery.

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 07:13 PM
when shaub went down, the TEXANS did not tank! they competed for their division with their ## QB !
same with the CARDS !
maybe some the posters around hear think the season is lost once the starting QB goers down, but I know in the lockerroom there are 53 other players, coaches and a few million fans who expect their team to contend!
KURT WARNER, HELLO?
those of you who continue to proclaim all is lost after your QB goes down are hanging to a burning rope!
spitting at me wont change the precarious nature of your position !
there are DOZENS od examples of back-up QBs coming in and winning games!
ESPECIALLY OVER THE TIME SPAN OF 30 YEARS !
those of you who saluted that post and saw fit to chastize me for my foolishness are the ones with egg on their faces now.

Seriously, do you even think about your arguments before making them?

The Texans situation is more akin to Manning going down, Hanie going down and Osweiler taking us to the playoffs than it is what you're advocating.

Kurt Warner? That's the equivalent of Manning getting hurt in preseason and Hanie, a nobody, taking Denver to the Super Bowl.

Not one team you've mentioned lost their starter and then signed a veteran mid-season and went on to success.

Chef Zambini
05-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Seriously, do you even think about your arguments before making them?

The Texans situation is more akin to Manning going down, Hanie going down and Osweiler taking us to the playoffs than it is what you're advocating.

Kurt Warner? That's the equivalent of Manning getting hurt in preseason and Hanie, a nobody, taking Denver to the Super Bowl.

Not one team you've mentioned lost their starter and then signed a veteran mid-season and went on to success.
I am not the one that saluted an assinine comment like no back up has come in and won ga,mes in the last 30 years! you haVE FALLEN ALL OVER YOURSELF IN THIS THREAD TRYING TO DISMISS ME AS A LUNATIC.
' mo, you schmo, I have contended that ELWAY will indeed sign another QB mid -season if PM gets injured. I think mcnabb is the leading contender! I did not build the back-ups dont win bandwagon, and I am not one of the foolish NINE who jumped on it and now find themselves contradicting themselves just to take another swing at zambini !
you however are one of those who saluted the post and now post an opinion to the contrary !
You have lost your focus base on your anamosity towards me.
read your own shit! before you try to smear me with it !

Chef Zambini
05-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I love how people act like we're the only team in the league whose season would suffer severely if our starting QB went down. Have you guys not watched any NFL in the last 30 years. It is extremely rare for a team to successfully withstand the loss of their starter.

Enjoy every sandwich

Reply Reply With Quote High Five Blog this Post .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Following 17 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Canmore, claymore, DenBronx, Denver Native (Carol), dogfish, gregbroncs, HORSEPOWER 56, iLands, Jaded, jlarsiii, NightTrainLayne, NorCalBronco7, Northman, Ravage!!!, SeeingRed, shank, The Glue Factory
so what is it MO?
either back-ups can or they cant?
30 years a a rarity?
which side do you want to argue?
there are DOZENS of examples that prove thios comment to be ludicrous !
and yet you give me flack for my examples?
where is your focus?
on this absurd statement or just trying to belittle me?

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I love how people act like we're the only team in the league whose season would suffer severely if our starting QB went down. Have you guys not watched any NFL in the last 30 years. It is extremely rare for a team to successfully withstand the loss of their starter.

Enjoy every sandwich

Reply Reply With Quote High Five Blog this Post .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Following 17 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Canmore, claymore, DenBronx, Denver Native (Carol), dogfish, gregbroncs, HORSEPOWER 56, iLands, Jaded, jlarsiii, NightTrainLayne, NorCalBronco7, Northman, Ravage!!!, SeeingRed, shank, The Glue Factory
so what is it MO?
either back-ups can or they cant?
30 years a a rarity?
which side do you want to argue?
there are DOZENS of examples that prove thios comment to be ludicrous !
and yet you give me flack for my examples?
where is your focus?
on this absurd statement or just trying to belittle me?

Well, you've got a point since we're entering the season with zero backup quarterbacks.

Oh wait...

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 07:33 PM

And to quote the post in question.

Hmm...Zam, I'm reading this here post by Chaz, and I'm not seeing what your claiming.

Chef Zambini
05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
so you are on record for saying JE will NOT sign another QB if PM goers down?
You think we will start haine or OS if that happens?
or are you of the belief that the season is lost so it does not matter?

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 07:38 PM
I am not the one that saluted an assinine comment like no back up has come in and won ga,mes in the last 30 years! you haVE FALLEN ALL OVER YOURSELF IN THIS THREAD TRYING TO DISMISS ME AS A LUNATIC.
' mo, you schmo, I have contended that ELWAY will indeed sign another QB mid -season if PM gets injured. I think mcnabb is the leading contender! I did not build the back-ups dont win bandwagon, and I am not one of the foolish NINE who jumped on it and now find themselves contradicting themselves just to take another swing at zambini !
you however are one of those who saluted the post and now post an opinion to the contrary !

Let's back up.

You mentioned two examples to support your opinion that Denver should sign McNabb if Manning goes down.

The Texans last year and the Rams in 1999 or 2000 (can't remember which year that was).

Who was the veteran backup quarterback that those two teams signed mid season?

Chef Zambini
05-21-2012, 07:39 PM
And to quote the post in question.

Hmm...Zam, I'm reading this here post by Chaz, and I'm not seeing what your claiming.I claimed he was very much mistaken and that over the course of 30 years several back-ups have stepped up to win games, some with temendous success and others just offering legitimate chances to win until the original starting QB returned.
I took exception with this post and got 3 pages of hell for it.

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 07:39 PM

Let's back up.

You mentioned two examples to support your opinion that Denver should sign McNabb if Manning goes down.

The Texans last year and the Rams in 1999 or 2000 (can't remember which year that was).

Who was the veteran backup quarterback that those two teams signed mid season?

Chef Zambini
05-21-2012, 07:45 PM
bubby brister, hello?
brady, back-up
big ben, back-up
vick, back-up
rivers back-up
gerrard, back-up
kevin kolb, back-up?
here is my original response, MO.
these examples were just the first ones to come off the top of my head.
I was NOT the one who proclaimed winning with a back-up as a rarity, I called that notion ludicrous.
yes os and haine are back-ups. Do I think they can win games this year?
no, I do not, but more importantly, I dont think JE would stand pat if we did lose PM mid season, thats the original premise of this thread. I cant cntrol that it has morphed into the anger filled piss and vinegar sess-pool that it degenerated into.

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 07:47 PM
here is my original response, MO.
these examples were just the first ones to come off the top of my head.
I was NOT the one who proclaimed winning with a back-up as a rarity, I called that notion ludicrous.
yes os and haine are back-ups. Do I think they can win games this year?
no, I do not, but more importantly, I dont think JE would stand pat if we did lose PM mid season, thats the original premise of this thread. I cant cntrol that it has morphed into the anger filled piss and vinegar sess-pool that it degenerated into.

Again...

Which one of those teams signed a veteran backup quarterback mid season?

Chef Zambini
05-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Let's back up.

Who was the veteran backup quarterback that those two teams signed mid season?I understand the point you are trying to make.
you dont believe in a mid season signing of a QB. fair enough.
you think we have all the QB talent we need or can afford, thats fine too.
My point is that I dont think JE feels that way and if faced with the situation, he will indeed look to bolster our QB stable with somebody who would overtake the roll of starting QB.
I am not relying on history for my opinion, just the very nature of the current talent behind PM.

MOtorboat
05-21-2012, 07:52 PM
I understand the point you are trying to make.
you dont believe in a mid season signing of a QB. fair enough.
you think we have all the QB talent we need or can afford, thats fine too.
My point is that I dont think JE feels that way and if faced with the situation, he will indeed look to bolster our QB stable with somebody who would overtake the roll of starting QB.
I am not relying on history for my opinion, just the very nature of the current talent behind PM.

Then why the hell are you bringing up history to support your opinion?

:whoknows:

FFS...

Broncos Mtnman
05-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Besides the fact that just about ANY team suffers when they lose their starting QB, there's NO WAY I'd want McNabb.

I beg Plummer out of retirement before I'd want that self-centered whiner in a Broncos uniform.

:coffee:

NorCalBronco7
05-21-2012, 11:56 PM
that would depend on the individul and the QBs in front of him!
look at andy dalton !
and then in this draft, the redskins took a promising rookie QB in the 4th round (caNT THINK OF HIS NAME) and many evaluators considered him the third best QB of the draft! he could start if drafted on a different team, and his current situation he is definatly going to aspire to be the #2 guy, edging out grossman.
My post, this thread, is specific to brocko !
I dont think he is ready, and i dont think JE wants to expose him either !
Thats why i suggested that if PM does go down mid-season, JE will be looking for a vet to replace him !
somebody who can come in and within 2 weeks, take over the offense!
you dont like mcnabb?
who else you got?
many say I have short changed haine. and most have argued out of both side of their mouths, being more pre-occupied with bashing me than addressing the injured PM possibility.

Your talking out of your ass.

Name one Qb in the history of the NFL that was drafted in 1-2 round, and was 3rd string their rookie year. Its doesnt depend on the players in front of them....thats bull. Your examples make absolutely zero sense within the contex of the thread. The Broncos dont need a veteren backup with so much already invested in the Qb position. I highly doubt you will you even try bring up a legitment example of a player drated as high as Os sitting behind 2 players (and please, theres a big differece between 1-2 draft picks.....and the rest).

The Broncos have what they believe is franchise material in Brock, and he'll be 2nd string the entire year. Deal with it.

silkamilkamonico
05-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Can someone please just delete this stupid thread.

ya'll talking about a backup QB for crying out loud.

If Peyton Manning goes down, it doesn't matter who our backup QB is.

And Donovon McNabb is absolute garbage, I cannot believe he was even suggested.

Chef Zambini
05-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Your talking out of your ass.

Name one Qb in the history of the NFL that was drafted in 1-2 round, and was 3rd string their rookie year. Its doesnt depend on the players in front of them....thats bull. Your examples make absolutely zero sense within the contex of the thread. The Broncos dont need a veteren backup with so much already invested in the Qb position. I highly doubt you will you even try bring up a legitment example of a player drated as high as Os sitting behind 2 players (and please, theres a big differece between 1-2 draft picks.....and the rest).

The Broncos have what they believe is franchise material in Brock, and he'll be 2nd string the entire year. Deal with it.exactly whose ass are you sniffin?
show me where I said a first or second round QB was third string?
I love how you pull comments out of your ass and try to pretend they came from my mouth !
as for a second rond QB becoming a third stringer...
our own broncos hid the fact that TEBOW was exactly that !
he got the job only out of pressure from fans and media!
and this year, if PM does go down and they put in HANE, you will have your answer !
in the history of the NFL... please.

Chef Zambini
05-22-2012, 09:30 AM
yes, I think alot of you would like to have this thread deleted because 17 of you saluted a post that said a back up coming in and winning was a rarity and almost never occured in the last 30 years, and now you all have egg on your faces for saluting such an asinine comment ! yoy have tried to twist and misrepresent my posts in your futile attempts to justify your short-sighted willingness to bash zam without considering the true context of my posts.
os?
he may surprise us all, but for now, NOBODY, includeing JE, the gjuy that drafted him, is saying he is ready to play in the NFL.
if PM goes down, HANE will start, thats the opinion of OTHERS, not me read it for yourselves !
that would make OS the THIRD stringer !
and I ALSO think if the PM gets injured mid-season, JE will bring in another vet QB, if not mcnabb, then somebody else.

Chef Zambini
05-22-2012, 09:31 AM
... and I pray we never have to find out !!!

MOtorboat
05-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Who are the veteran quarterbacks signed mid-season that have been successful, zam?

Chef Zambini
05-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Who are the veteran quarterbacks signed mid-season that have been successful, zam?I dont know, I cant think of one, and I have never suggested that a mid season signing was a path to success. but you keep trying to pin something on me. I wish you well in your endeavors.
listen at least 8 times I have clraified what I have said in this thread.
for pages now i have tried to defend myself from clowns coming on here and berating me for comments and opinions that I did not post! I am done with it.
now hearing that, the clown parade will most likely INCREASE knowing they wont have to suffer a response from me.
have at it,

Chef Zambini
05-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Who are the veteran quarterbacks signed mid-season that have been successful, zam?just for grins I will throw out carsen palmer, just last year, more succesful than the guy he replaced.

MOtorboat
05-22-2012, 09:46 AM
yes, I think alot of you would like to have this thread deleted because 17 of you saluted a post that said a back up coming in and winning was a rarity and almost never occured in the last 30 years, and now you all have egg on your faces for saluting such an asinine comment ! yoy have tried to twist and misrepresent my posts in your futile attempts to justify your short-sighted willingness to bash zam without considering the true context of my posts.
os?
he may surprise us all, but for now, NOBODY, includeing JE, the gjuy that drafted him, is saying he is ready to play in the NFL.
if PM goes down, HANE will start, thats the opinion of OTHERS, not me read it for yourselves !
that would make OS the THIRD stringer !
and I ALSO think if the PM gets injured mid-season, JE will bring in another vet QB, if not mcnabb, then somebody else.

There have been roughly 950 teams in the last 30 years, and you've given us eight who have been OK with backups, and several, the Kolb and Flynn examples, are iffy at best.

Thats .8 percent of teams.

What's your definition of rare?

Ravage!!!
05-22-2012, 10:01 AM
For one, you are completely exaggerating Elway's comments. Not surprising,as you've been doing your best to make the Os pick be/sound as bad as possible since it happened. Just like using the word "mortgage."

You don't know how much Elway believes in Os or not. You don't have a single idea, and are using the quote from him that says he has "invested" in the future with Os as some kind of proof. You are now doing your best to convince EVERYONE that this means Elway firmly believes that Os is not ready to start in the NFL purely because Elway sees the advantage of taking a QB to learn behind Manning. It's Bullshit.

You don't know squat. You want everyone to believe that Elway has LESS confidence in Os than ANY OTHER rookie. Bullshit. EVERY rookie will have their learning curve in the NFL. Os is no less ready than nearly every other rookie coming into the NFL. The difference? Elway has the advantage to sit him behind Manning. What rookie would NOT gain from this? I can't think of a single one.

This entire thread is based on you doing your best to make it sound as if Elway "wasted" a pick on a guy that's not ready to start, and thus, we ABSOLUTELY NEED to get a veteran QB that can "win today" instead of a rookie that hasn't had NFL experience. It's not logical, it doesn't make sense as to the points you have tried so hard to push, and its nothing more than negative propaganda aimed at discrediting Os and Elway. It's about the BACK-UP QB, and this is what you want to try and spin into a "oh my god, we used a pick on a 2nd round QB without having a veteran QB to take over for Manning if he goes down."

You have spent 8 pages defending yourself, because you keep making points that don't hold water after time and time and time again, other posters punch HOLES in your ideas.

Npba900
05-22-2012, 05:13 PM

McNabb will need to lose between 20-30 bounds to resurrect his career.

NorCalBronco7
05-22-2012, 05:53 PM
exactly whose ass are you sniffin?
show me where I said a first or second round QB was third string?
I love how you pull comments out of your ass and try to pretend they came from my mouth !
as for a second rond QB becoming a third stringer...
our own broncos hid the fact that TEBOW was exactly that !
he got the job only out of pressure from fans and media!
and this year, if PM does go down and they put in HANE, you will have your answer !
in the history of the NFL... please.

Oh course you'd undermine NFL precendents for this particular situation. It does, after all, go against you asnine argument.

The fact that you cant even come up with ONE example of a player drafted as high as Brock starting thier rookie years at 3rd string show just how illogical your argument really is.

"If Hanie" starts over Brock.....well then I guess you'd be right. And the fact that you even think Hanie has a remote chance to do so show how far your heads are in the clouds and what little you understand about football in general. Have fun pissing in the wind on this one.

topscribe
05-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Besides the fact that just about ANY team suffers when they lose their starting QB, there's NO WAY I'd want McNabb.

I beg Plummer out of retirement before I'd want that self-centered whiner in a Broncos uniform.

:coffee:
Mtman!! You would want Plummer before anybody else?? :faint:

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 02:01 AM
Oh course you'd undermine NFL precendents for this particular situation. It does, after all, go against you asnine argument.

The fact that you cant even come up with ONE example of a player drafted as high as Brock starting thier rookie years at 3rd string show just how illogical your argument really is.

"If Hanie" starts over Brock.....well then I guess you'd be right. And the fact that you even think Hanie has a remote chance to do so show how far your heads are in the clouds and what little you understand about football in general. Have fun pissing in the wind on this one.I gave you an example puss for brains... TEBOW. the broncos refused to announce who exactly was their seconfs or third string QB just last year!
they played TEBOW only to placate the mob-like fans!
you have poop in your cranium and your off-spring play in their own excrement, when they are not eating it !

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Im not the one who said hanie would start over brock, but somehow you find it sensable to chastize me for the prediction!
where is your anamosity for the other posters who did make that proclamation?

once again clown-heads continue to allow their anaomsity torwards me get in the way of any rational response.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 02:06 AM
For one, you are completely exaggerating Elway's comments. Not surprising,as you've been doing your best to make the Os pick be/sound as bad as possible since it happened. Just like using the word "mortgage."

You don't know how much Elway believes in Os or not. You don't have a single idea, and are using the quote from him that says he has "invested" in the future with Os as some kind of proof. You are now doing your best to convince EVERYONE that this means Elway firmly believes that Os is not ready to start in the NFL purely because Elway sees the advantage of taking a QB to learn behind Manning. It's Bullshit.

You don't know squat. You want everyone to believe that Elway has LESS confidence in Os than ANY OTHER rookie. Bullshit. EVERY rookie will have their learning curve in the NFL. Os is no less ready than nearly every other rookie coming into the NFL. The difference? Elway has the advantage to sit him behind Manning. What rookie would NOT gain from this? I can't think of a single one.

This entire thread is based on you doing your best to make it sound as if Elway "wasted" a pick on a guy that's not ready to start, and thus, we ABSOLUTELY NEED to get a veteran QB that can "win today" instead of a rookie that hasn't had NFL experience. It's not logical, it doesn't make sense as to the points you have tried so hard to push, and its nothing more than negative propaganda aimed at discrediting Os and Elway. It's about the BACK-UP QB, and this is what you want to try and spin into a "oh my god, we used a pick on a 2nd round QB without having a veteran QB to take over for Manning if he goes down."

You have spent 8 pages defending yourself, because you keep making points that don't hold water after time and time and time again, other posters punch HOLES in your ideas.

elway called brocko a sacrifice of the present, not me.

Day1BroncoFan
05-23-2012, 11:24 AM
McNabb will need to lose between 20-30 bounds to resurrect his career.

His career is hopeless.

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 11:42 AM
elway called brocko a sacrifice of the present, not me.

Twisting the quote again...

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 11:48 AM
There have been roughly 950 teams in the last 30 years, and you've given us eight who have been OK with backups, and several, the Kolb and Flynn examples, are iffy at best.

Thats .8 percent of teams.

What's your definition of rare?eight? there is a flaw in your data>
950, not the appropriatye sample size, try using teams that actualy had to start a back-up, versuse every team that ever existed.
get back to us when you want to make a realistic, sensable, rational arguement.
last 30 years, why not start with our own broncos and brister .
examples?
examples of back-up QBs who came in and won games, the staement was made without qualificationother than the last 30 years!
it was NOT MY STATEMENT, I just took exception to it!
exceptions like
BRADY
YOUNG
FARVE
ROETHLESBURGER
SHAUB
KOLB
HOEFDSTETTLER
RIVERS
WARNER
PLUNKETT
A HALF DOZEN RAIDERS INCLUDING A FIELD GOAL KICKER
GRESIE
UNITAS
TEBOW
PLUMMER
SKELTON

and countless others who were NOT starters at the start of the season, but came in and won games for their teams.
DOZENs, not 8 !
the reality is NFL teams have to expect their back-up to be ready, willing and able to win, and they dont expect or allow their players or coaches to accept
"the sky has fallen phylosophy"
There are examples every season, every year.

My definition of "RARE' ?
when somebody around here actually reads a post and thinks about it before writting a reactionary and hostile response by only considering who posted it !
thaT would be rare.

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 11:55 AM
You confuse me so much...how is it that its inaccurate to show the true number of teams who have succeeded with a backup to all the teams in the last 30 years.

Your contention is that its not rare for teams to succeed, playoffs and even more, with a backup quarterback, but shown the numbers of your argument, you claim sample size?

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 01:15 PM
if the discussion is back-up QBs, you cant use teams who did not call apon a back-up as part of your sample size. hello,
I should not have to explain this!
if you are going to draw some analysis of trees that bare fruit, lets say navel oranges vs, valencia oranges, you cant add palm trees or take a sAMPLE FROM all trees AS A SAMPLE SIZE, HELLO?
will you people at least allow yourselves to recognize and ADMIT that over the course of the last 30 years there have been DOZENS of back-ups that have come in and won games, including SUPERBOWL games for their teams.
Saluting a post that DENIES this was at the very least short-sighted and not properly considered?
never mind your motivation in doing so...
in fact...
by admitting you were mistaken, it supports the possibility that brocko, or even haine can actually come in and BE SUCCESSFUL,

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 01:25 PM
mo, buddy,
if you are going to draw some statistical analysis of the frequency of devorce amongst married couples, you cant use the entire population of mankind as your base.
you have to begin with married couples.
in this case, you start with NFL teams that were forced to use (or chose to use0 a back-up during the course of the season, NOT every single NFL team.

Jsteve01
05-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I love this stuff. Oh and Hanie will be in the game before Brock. just sayin

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 01:36 PM
I love this stuff. Oh and Hanie will be in the game before Brock. just sayinwell then you and ravage have an arguement along wioth others, funny how they will be less vociferous in their rebutle to you.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 01:39 PM

"If Hanie" starts over Brock.....well then I guess you'd be right. And the fact that you even think Hanie has a remote chance to do so show how far your heads are in the clouds and what little you understand about football in general. Have fun pissing in the wind on this one.did you want to say something to jsteve ?

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 01:42 PM
McNabb will need to lose between 20-30 bounds to resurrect his career.he has already dropped 20 pounds.
he is working out in cali.
for gosh sakes, you guys act like i suggested leaf or Jmarcus would be a good mid season signing.

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Jeebus.

Chazoe said it was rare that a team using a backup quarterback succeeding, then you flew off the handle about how that was an asinine statement.

I showed you that it really was rare for teams to succeed with a backup quarterback. And now we can't make that comparison?

What the hell are you arguing now, zam?

You really are confusing at times.

slim
05-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Zam - you are kind of all over the place here.

WTF is your point?

Simple Jaded
05-23-2012, 01:56 PM
I love this stuff. Oh and Hanie will be in the game before Brock. just sayin

I hope you're right, actually. That could mean a few things, one is Hanie looks better than we give him credit for, another is Osweiler just isn't anywhere near ready. In both cases I think it's best to give Osweiler more time before seeing the field.

Given what I've seen of Osweiler I would be surprised if he hits the NFL ground running ala Cutler, he needs time if he's going to have a chance, imo.......

Jsteve01
05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
there is no doubt that Hanie has the physical tools. It's whether he can assimilate the offense or not. He's athletic and has a big arm, but we all know that adds up to doodoo if you can't complete passes lol

LTC Pain
05-23-2012, 02:35 PM

WTF is your point?

Oh, that's a requirement on this board???

slim
05-23-2012, 02:38 PM

WTF is your point?

Oh, that's a requirement on this board???

Yes.

It is also required that you format quotes correctly.

Ravage!!!
05-23-2012, 02:52 PM
You can't count Tebow as being the "#3' QB starting, when no one knew. With the new rules set into place, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference who is named #2 and who is labeled #3.... not like it USED to matter. Anymore, you have the starters, and you have the backups.

As far as to who will see the field first, Hanie or Brock... COMPLETELY has to do with when/if the injury occures, how many games Manning is expected to miss, our record at the time, and the schedule ahead for the next 2 games. Also, are we in the playoffs at the time? Are we counting coming in for the 3rd quarter injury to finish a game?

All these will make a difference on whether or not we start a veteran for a couple of games, or start Brock for many. I just think its COMPLETELY exaggerated as to how "unready" Brock is even though he's a 2nd round talent.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 02:53 PM

WTF is your point?my point is what anyone around here wants to make it out to be, so they can call me an idiot.
My point is, OS is not ready to become the starter, not really sure about haine, and then/ therefore, JE will be looking to sign a QB mid-season if PM does go down (perish the thought)
I feel like mcnabb is probably the best candidate out there of a FA vet QB that can come in and within a 10 day time period, lead the team on the field.
emmediatly after I suggested that, someone proclaimed that over the last 30 years of NFL a back-up QB has rarely come in and won games.
I took exception to that ludicrous statement and suddenly thersd a shit-0storm in defense of that 30 year statement, driven by those eager to line-up against anything that I might post. what has transpired is those same posters have contradicted themselves and each other in their haste to discredit anything that I might post.
it has been pathetic.
just reAD IT1

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 02:58 PM
You can't count Tebow as being the "#3' QB starting, when no one knew. With the new rules set into place, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference who is named #2 and who is labeled #3.... not like it USED to matter. Anymore, you have the starters, and you have the backups.

As far as to who will see the field first, Hanie or Brock... COMPLETELY has to do with when/if the injury occures, how many games Manning is expected to miss, our record at the time, and the schedule ahead for the next 2 games. Also, are we in the playoffs at the time? Are we counting coming in for the 3rd quarter injury to finish a game?

All these will make a difference on whether or not we start a veteran for a couple of games, or start Brock for many. I just think its COMPLETELY exaggerated as to how "unready" Brock is even though he's a 2nd round talent.Um, because it is so common place for teams to NOT assign those roles.?
thanks for clarifying for me what I can and cant count!
thanks for explaining the rules as you see them.
how come you are directing these comments at me
and not the other posters who have come forward to suggest that in fact, HANE, not OS will take over if PM goes down?

' again I suggest your motivation is not based on football, but rather a seathing desire to be contrary to anything I might post!
its pretty freakin obvious !

Do you still hold the opinion that winning back-ups in the NFL are a rarity?

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 03:04 PM

All these will make a difference on whether or not we start a veteran for a couple of games, or start Brock for many. I just think its COMPLETELY exaggerated as to how "unready" Brock is even though he's a 2nd round talent.ravage, my friend, you make a valid point regaRDING TEAMS being required to declare who is the back-up and who is the emergency /#3 QB, and yet last year we were the ONLY team that did NOT make that distinction with our 54 man roster.

slim
05-23-2012, 03:25 PM
my point is what anyone around here wants to make it out to be, so they can call me an idiot.
My point is, OS is not ready to become the starter, not really sure about haine, and then/ therefore, JE will be looking to sign a QB mid-season if PM does go down (perish the thought)
I feel like mcnabb is probably the best candidate out there of a FA vet QB that can come in and within a 10 day time period, lead the team on the field.
emmediatly after I suggested that, someone proclaimed that over the last 30 years of NFL a back-up QB has rarely come in and won games.
I took exception to that ludicrous statement and suddenly thersd a shit-0storm in defense of that 30 year statement, driven by those eager to line-up against anything that I might post. what has transpired is those same posters have contradicted themselves and each other in their haste to discredit anything that I might post.
it has been pathetic.
just reAD IT1

So you think McNabb is better option than Brock? McNabb has kind of sucked out loud for 3-4 years now.

Now, I agree that Brock probably isn't ready to play, but I doubt he is second in line anyway.

Ravage!!!
05-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Do you still hold the opinion that winning back-ups in the NFL are a rarity?

Winning back-up? Do you mean is it rare to win with a back-up? Yes I do. I still dont' know what your point is on this thread. YOu've bounced all over the place.

YOU can count Tebow to have played as a #3 if you want, but its disingenuous, but then again, I expect that from you. I'm saying to EVERYONE, that being labeled the #2 and #3 doesn't have the same meaning today as it did 2 years ago. It could mean nothing more than practice motivation anymore. It USED to play a part in who you were allowed to bring into the game, but it doesn't have that effect anymore, thus is a useless label.

Ravage!!!
05-23-2012, 04:48 PM
ravage, my friend, you make a valid point regaRDING TEAMS being required to declare who is the back-up and who is the emergency /#3 QB, and yet last year we were the ONLY team that did NOT make that distinction with our 54 man roster.

and we were the ONLY team in the NFL to have the Tebow problem. Plus, are you SURE we were the only team, or are you just assuming? I'm going to assume you are right, however, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference anymore. Making the distinction, not making the distinction, has NOTHING to do with what a team would do if they were put in the position of naming a starter if the #1 guy goes down.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 05:13 PM
listen, RAV,
I wasnt the one that became hostile at the notion of a second round QB pick, NOT being the next in line should the starter go down.
somebody EAGER to have an arguement made that proclamation, not me !

I think it is yet to be determined which of the two can EARN that right in camp and pre-season.

If I had to make a bet, however, I would go with haney stricktly on his experience.
I also dont think that JE is too eager to expose brocko this season !
all the more reason to sign a vet to do the job if PM cant go.

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm so confused.

Someone hold me.

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 05:16 PM
eight? there is a flaw in your data>
950, not the appropriatye sample size, try using teams that actualy had to start a back-up, versuse every team that ever existed.
get back to us when you want to make a realistic, sensable, rational arguement.
last 30 years, why not start with our own broncos and brister .
examples?
examples of back-up QBs who came in and won games, the staement was made without qualificationother than the last 30 years!
it was NOT MY STATEMENT, I just took exception to it!
exceptions like
BRADY
YOUNG
FARVE
ROETHLESBURGER
SHAUB
KOLB
HOEFDSTETTLER
RIVERS
WARNER
PLUNKETT
A HALF DOZEN RAIDERS INCLUDING A FIELD GOAL KICKER
GRESIE
UNITAS
TEBOW
PLUMMER
SKELTON

and countless others who were NOT starters at the start of the season, but came in and won games for their teams.
DOZENs, not 8 !
the reality is NFL teams have to expect their back-up to be ready, willing and able to win, and they dont expect or allow their players or coaches to accept
"the sky has fallen phylosophy"
There are examples every season, every year.

My definition of "RARE' ?
when somebody around here actually reads a post and thinks about it before writting a reactionary and hostile response by only considering who posted it !
thaT would be rare.

Interesting and I hadn't thought to look before.

None of those were mid-season pick ups. Not one. In fact, most (not all) were rookies like Osweiler.

So I'm still confused.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 05:20 PM
YOU can count Tebow to have played as a #3 if you want, but its disingenuous, but then again, I expect that from you. I'm saying to EVERYONE, that being labeled the #2 and #3 doesn't have the same meaning today as it did 2 years ago. It could mean nothing more than practice motivation anymore. It USED to play a part in who you were allowed to bring into the game, but it doesn't have that effect anymore, thus is a useless label.I already agreed with this part of your post, I think it is a very valid arguement.
then again, there was no qualification as to what kind of back-up, other than he did his backing up over the last 30 years.
3 back-ups, that my idiot delerious, lack of football knowledge brain can come up with, right off the top of my football wasteland head...
3 back-ups actually won superbowls,
brady,
warner
and plunkett
odd how many of the original 17 who saluted the notion that back-ups rarely win, are now mute in the face of obvious exceptions, multiple, 'what was i thinking' exceptions.
Speaking of "back-up' perhaps its time for you to back-up from your hostility and recognize thaT MANY BACK-ups have won and are expected to step in and win.

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I already agreed with this part of your post, I think it is a very valid arguement.
then again, there was no qualification as to what kind of back-up, other than he did his backing up over the last 30 years.
3 back-ups, that my idiot delerious, lack of football knowledge brain can come up with, right off the top of my football wasteland head...
3 back-ups actually won superbowls,
brady,
warner
and plunkett
odd how many of the original 17 who saluted the notion that back-ups rarely win, are now mute in the face of obvious exceptions, multiple, 'what was i thinking' exceptions.
Speaking of "back-up' perhaps its time for you to back-up from your hostility and recognize thaT MANY BACK-ups have won and are expected to step in and win.

So, 3 in 46 years, or about 6 percent.

What was your definition of rare again?

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 05:24 PM

None of those were mid-season pick ups. Not one. In fact, most (not all) were rookies like Osweiler.

So I'm still confused.there is no confusion, just wafflingon your part, try some fresh berries and real maple syrup.
did the original poster proclaim,
"its rare for a mid-season back-up to come in and win" ?
NO, no he did not, he foolishly proclaimed that i9n the last 30 years it was an absolute rarity that ANY back-up would win games .
and 17 folks were eager to salute such nonesense!

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 05:26 PM
there is no confusion, just wafflingon your part, try some fresh berries and real maple syrup.
did the original poster proclaim,
"its rare for a mid-season back-up to come in and win" ?
NO, no he did not, he foolishly proclaimed that i9n the last 30 years it was an absolute rarity that ANY back-up would win games .
and 17 folks were eager to salute such nonesense!

The OP said we should pick up a mid season backup quarterback, and then has supported it by a bunch of non-mid season backup quarterbacks in the past.

AND THEN claimed he wasn't using history to back up his opinion.

What exactly is your point, then?

slim
05-23-2012, 05:38 PM
The OP said we should pick up a mid season backup quarterback, and then has supported it by a bunch of non-mid season backup quarterbacks in the past.

AND THEN claimed he wasn't using history to back up his opinion.

What exactly is your point, then?

Not to mention that a fair number of his examples have been young QB's that came in and managed to win a few games....something he claims will be impossible for Brock. So, there are examples of players that are less talented than Brock coming in and winning games (see Skelton, Kolb, etc), but there is no way Brock can do it.

I don't know, Zam. Maybe we should give Brock a chance to fail before we call him a failure.

NorCalBronco7
05-23-2012, 05:38 PM
I gave you an example puss for brains... TEBOW. the broncos refused to announce who exactly was their seconfs or third string QB just last year!
they played TEBOW only to placate the mob-like fans!
you have poop in your cranium and your off-spring play in their own excrement, when they are not eating it !

Is your argument now all about speculation? Thats what it sounds like.

Tebow was second string and thats why he started in place of Orton, not Quinn.

Cugel
05-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Christian Ponder is a good talent. He was drafted #12 overall by the Vikings and is considered an elite prospective QB. He is slated to become the Vikings franchise QB for the next ten years if he works out.

He only slid to #12 because of shoulder problems requiring an operation. But, he's recovered from injury and had a good rookie season. The Vikings have their Qb of the future.

That said, McNabb does suck. He's washed up.

He's probably going to be out of football permanently, unless some team has an injury during the season and needs an emergency starting QB. At this point, his chances of ever playing again in the NFL are about 1 in 3. He failed in D.C. and spent much of the off-season ripping his coach, Mike Shanahan. Then failed with the Vikings. He's done.

NorCalBronco7
05-23-2012, 05:44 PM

So I'm still confused.

I dont think he understands where the conversations going next...

Cugel
05-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Just like Chef Zamboni's ludicrous argument about moving Champ Bailey to S, this one about signing Donovan McNabb is equally not going to happen. :ranger:

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Not to mention that a fair number of his examples have been young QB's that came in and managed to win a few games....something he claims will be impossible for Brock. So, there are examples of players that are less talented than Brock coming in and winning games (see Skelton, Kolb, etc), but there is no way Brock can do it.

I don't know, Zam. Maybe we should give Brock a chance to fail before we call him a failure.

It's uncanny how many of the players he's using to support his reason for signing McNabb mid season if Manning goes down have a stark resemblance to Brock Osweiler and NOT Donovan McNabb, isn't it?

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Is your argument now all about speculation? Thats what it sounds like.

Tebow was second string and thats why he started in place of Orton, not Quinn.BINGO, you got me! my entire argument has been nothing but speculation!
I speculated that BRADY,
PLUNKETT and
WARNER
all won superbowls as back-ups
silly me,so assinine, just a speculative idiot am I.

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 06:04 PM
BINGO, you got me! my entire argument has been nothing but speculation!
I speculated that BRADY,
PLUNKETT and
WARNER

What is your argument?

And the whole thread exists because of you speculating...

slim
05-23-2012, 06:04 PM
It's uncanny how many of the players he's using to support his reason for signing McNabb mid season if Manning goes down have a stark resemblance to Brock Osweiler and NOT Donovan McNabb, isn't it?

After thinking it through, I have changed my mind.

Brock Osweiler should be the back-up QB.

Regards,

Zam

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 06:08 PM
I love how people act like we're the only team in the league whose season would suffer severely if our starting QB went down. :laugh: Have you guys not watched any NFL in the last 30 years. It is extremely rare for a team to successfully withstand the loss of their starter.17 , eager to bash zam posters foolishly saluted this thread.
I took exception to the premise of chazoe60.
and since then people have fallen all over themselves, contradicting their own comments in a futile attempt to discredit me.
and now some are even blaming me for their confusion.
there were no stipulations about who or where that back-up came from, no mention of draft p[osition, age, experince, method of aquisition, yet all you clowns jumped on it, PRIMARILY because it attacked ME !
you people!

broncos_mtnman, Canmore, claymore, DenBronx, Denver Native (Carol), dogfish, gregbroncs, HORSEPOWER 56, iLands, Jaded, jlarsiii, NightTrainLayne, NorCalBronco7, Northman, Ravage!!!, SeeingRed, shank, The Glue Factory .
Do you all still want to asseret thaT BACK-UPS dont win games(RARELY in the last 30 years?)
thats what I thought.

MOtorboat
05-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Your point again?

Can we get this thread renamed "Zam's ego"?

Northman
05-23-2012, 06:15 PM

Frankly, im surprised anyone is still giving him the time of the day. Must be out of boredom but i just cant be bothered pointing out his constant contradictions. Its just too easy and a waste of bandwidth.

Northman
05-23-2012, 06:16 PM
17 , eager to bash zam posters foolishly saluted this thread.
I took exception to the premise of chazoe60.
and since then people have fallen all over themselves, contradicting their own comments in a futile attempt to discredit me.
and now some are even blaming me for their confusion.
there were no stipulations about who or where that back-up came from, no mention of draft p[osition, age, experince, method of aquisition, yet all you clowns jumped on it, PRIMARILY because it attacked ME !
you people!

broncos_mtnman, Canmore, claymore, DenBronx, Denver Native (Carol), dogfish, gregbroncs, HORSEPOWER 56, iLands, Jaded, jlarsiii, NightTrainLayne, NorCalBronco7, Northman, Ravage!!!, SeeingRed, shank, The Glue Factory .
Do you all still want to asseret thaT BACK-UPS dont win games(RARELY in the last 30 years?)
thats what I thought.

Its not our fault you cant buy a clue man. Seriously.

NorCalBronco7
05-23-2012, 06:19 PM
BINGO, you got me! my entire argument has been nothing but speculation!
I speculated that BRADY,
PLUNKETT and
WARNER

You got the idiot part right. Try and keep up.

Brady/Plunkett/Warner didnt come into the NFL as 1-2 rounders and play 3rd string their rookie seasons (like Brock would be if the Broncos sign a vet this season).

It looks like your not even considering where Brock was drafted, and the major implications that goes with it. Not to mention the timing and circumstances of the situation.

The question I asked you was a simple....name 1 qb drafted as high as Brock that started their rookie seasons 3rd string? I dont expect a answer to this particular question (two strikes thus far), but I am expecting an answer from perhaps a different question, from another poster and I look forward to that.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 06:58 PM

Brady/Plunkett/Warner didnt come into the NFL as 1-2 rounders and play 3rd string their rookie seasons (like Brock would be if the Broncos sign a vet this season).

It looks like your not even considering where Brock was drafted, and the major implications that goes with it. Not to mention the timing and circumstances of the situation.

The question I asked you was a simple....name 1 qb drafted as high as Brock that started their rookie seasons 3rd string? I dont expect a answer to this particular question (two strikes thus far), but I am expecting an answer from perhaps a different question, from another poster and I look forward to that.sport, you are the one FAILING to keep up ! chas made no mention of how a back-up came to be a back-up! He said in the last 30 years it was a rarety for ANY back-up, 9without qualification) could be counted on toi win games! are yoyu people hearing these ludicrous debates?
even afer i post the ORIGINAL post, zaqm hating ass-clowns want to make it a different arguement!
pathetic.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 07:08 PM
...andd when hane gets the start you will look even more stoopid...
and if JE brings in another QB...
all the more asinine.
you continue to support the premise that in the last 30 years, a back-up QB winning games is a rarity?
because thats what I disputed.
all the rest is horse shit craFTED BY PEOPLE JUST TOO EAGER TO TRY AND SAY SOMETHING derrogatory about zambini.

NorCalBronco7
05-23-2012, 07:35 PM
sport, you are the one FAILING to keep up ! chas made no mention of how a back-up came to be a back-up! He said in the last 30 years it was a rarety for ANY back-up, 9without qualification) could be counted on toi win games! are yoyu people hearing these ludicrous debates?
even afer i post the ORIGINAL post, zaqm hating ass-clowns want to make it a different arguement!
pathetic.

Chaz and I are making two completely different arguments, yet you responded to me, and clearly didnt follow our own, seperate comments. Just give up, because I know you cant give a legit answer to my question I posed.

...andd when hane gets the start you will look even more stoopid...
and if JE brings in another QB...
all the more asinine.
you continue to support the premise that in the last 30 years, a back-up QB winning games is a rarity?
because thats what I disputed.
all the rest is horse shit craFTED BY PEOPLE JUST TOO EAGER TO TRY AND SAY SOMETHING derrogatory about zambini.

I could care less about what you think might happen. If it hasnt or very rarely happened before, only a fool would expect otherwise.

Ive not defended "backup success rates" in this thread, and again your wrongly thinking Ive been a part of that dicussion. My opinion is oh course that, yes, backups rarely succedd. The problem with your data is that your not taking into account the numerous backups that have came in a failed. Id venture to guess backups fail much, much more than they succeed.

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 09:53 PM

The question I asked you was a simple....name 1 qb drafted as high as Brock that started their rookie seasons 3rd string? I dont expect a answer to this particular question (two strikes thus far), but I am expecting an answer from perhaps a different question, from another poster and I look forward to that.I cant think of any...
and do you know why? because a team with a starter and a legitimate back-up doesnt draft a QB in the second round! what the broncos did is the rarity of the situation!
is there someone nearby that dresses and feeds you each day?

Chef Zambini
05-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Chaz and I are making two completely different arguments, yet you responded to me, and clearly didnt follow our own, seperate comments. Just give up, because I know you cant give a legit answer to my question I posed.

I could care less about what you think might happen. If it hasnt or very rarely happened before, only a fool would expect otherwise.

Ive not defended "backup success rates" in this thread, and again your wrongly thinking Ive been a part of that dicussion. My opinion is oh course that, yes, backups rarely succedd. The problem with your data is that your not taking into account the numerous backups that have came in a failed. Id venture to guess backups fail much, much more than they succeed.

exactly how much less could you care, sport.

Ravage!!!
05-24-2012, 01:58 AM
I cant think of any...
and do you know why? because a team with a starter and a legitimate back-up doesnt draft a QB in the second round! what the broncos did is the rarity of the situation!

Wait.. what?

A team that has a starter doesn't draft a rookie.... who else do they draft? How many teams in the NFL have "legit back-ups?" Did we have a legit back-up? Did Indy? Did the Patriots before DRAFTING Mallet? If you say Cassel, that just makes a BIGGER point on Os, since Cassel didn't start a single game since High School. How many said "he's not even CLOSE to being ready to start an NFL game?" Who is the back up in New Orleans? You want to say that the back-up in Green Bay last year is somehow more "legit" than Os is? Really? Did you even know who he was bfore playing ONE game???

You DO realize that Brady and Warner don't make your point, they COUNTER your point about Os, right? Warner not only was sacking groceries, but Vermeil left his name on the list that COULD have been a player taken for FREE by the two expansion teams... however, neither one of them even wanted him.

So that means that he was ABSOLUTELY not considered a "legit" back-up... in fact, I'm guessing that most would say that "He absolutely is not ready to start an NFL game" considering he wasn't good enough to drafted. Then there is Tom Brady. You keep saying that Os isn't "at all ready to start"..yet was a 2nd round draft pick. Brady wasn't even good enough to get drafted before the 6th round coming out of college. How many fans were probably saying "he's not even CLOSE to being ready to starting an NFL game" (and didn't until his second year in the NFL)?

So both of the teams that you say WON with their back-ups.. only proves that we don't need to go out and get a veteran back-up. Obviously the Rams didn't have a "legit" back-up with Warner. Obviously the Patriots were ok with backing up Drew Bledsoe (a player considered to be a HoF QB at the time) with a SIXTH round pick. So how is it, that these teams ended up winning with a QB that no one thought had a CHANCE to be any good as an NFL starter? :lol:

I'll even throw one in for you. Trent Dilfer was the back-up when the Ravens won their Super Bowl. But guess what? No one thought he was a very good back-up. So it goes to show you, AGAIN, that just because you THINK a guy isn't a good QB, or isn't "ready to start an NFL game" doesn't make it anywhere NEAR a fact.

You just keep burying yourself with your own examples. :laugh:

NorCalBronco7
05-24-2012, 03:06 AM
I cant think of any...

You cant think of any examples because they dont exist.

Th issue isnt why teams draft Qbs in the second round.

Its about signing a backup vet before the season starts with a second round Qb recently drafted.

If the Broncos, or any team, wouldnt draft a Qb with high selection because a legit backup exist, why would they sign a vet and push the high selected rookie Qb aside?

The only reasons would be the rookie Qb either gets a shot and tanks it, or gets injured. Thats the only way a player like Brock takes a back seat to McNabb.

Cugel
05-24-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm still mystified as to the point of this entire thread. What use are the examples and counter-examples.

Every GM in the NFL thinks McNabb is washed up. He failed for his last two teams and lost his starting job. He's spent much of his time since then publicly ripping his coaches and engaging in a war of words with the Redskins.

He even dragged RGIII into it when he kept insisting that RGIII will fail in Washington because of Mike Shanahan. Every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot into it. "Donovan McNabb Rips Redskins, Says RGIII Not a Good Fit" (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57407027/donovan-mcnabb-rips-redskins-says-rg3-a-bad-fit/)

That's one reason why he is not in Denver.

He's not going to be anywhere else this season either unless some team suffers an injury to their starter and wants a veteran player to backup because they are in a playoff race.

Then he could possibly come in and get a job. But that is not going to happen anytime before the season, and it probably won't happen at all.

You might as well call for someone to sign Kurt Warner out of retirement. It's just not going to happen. :ranger:

As for the Broncos they never wanted him for obvious reasons.

Notice that Caleb Haney is well versed in running Peyton Manning's offense. He basically sucks but he can do it. And Brock Osweiler is a QB whom Elway thinks can run the same style of offense.

That's why he was drafted.

He doesn't WANT Donovan McNabb and wouldn't sign him even if he were the QB he was 5 years ago! What more is there to understand?

MOtorboat
05-24-2012, 10:48 AM
I like how zam has reverted to the "I only said I think it will happen, not that I want it to" theme.

:priceless:

TXBRONC
05-24-2012, 12:14 PM

You mentioned in an earlier post that there certain things that are required for posting logical thought isn't one of them. Just ask Zam.

TXBRONC
05-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Its not our fault you cant buy a clue man. Seriously.

Buy him clue? You can't give him one for free.

Mannway187
05-25-2012, 04:36 AM
Maybe Im confused but it seems to me that if any team were to win a superbowl using their "backup" QB then wouldn't that same "backup" still be listed as the #2 QB on that teams depth chart the following year? I can't think of any team making it to the super bowl with a quarterback who wasn't the starter the following year. Period..

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Maybe Im confused but it seems to me that if any team were to win a superbowl using their "backup" QB then wouldn't that same "backup" still be listed as the #2 QB on that teams depth chart the following year? I can't think of any team making it to the super bowl with a quarterback who wasn't the starter the following year. Period..ravens, hasselbeck

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:23 AM
ravens, hasselbeckbroncos, elway.

slim
05-25-2012, 08:23 AM
ravens, hasselbeck

Try Dilfer :listen:

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Maybe Im confused but it seems to me that if any team were to win a superbowl using their "backup" QB then wouldn't that same "backup" still be listed as the #2 QB on that teams depth chart the following year? I can't think of any team making it to the super bowl with a quarterback who wasn't the starter the following year. Period..broncos . elway.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Try Dilfer :listen:right, my bad, dilfer !!!

slim
05-25-2012, 08:26 AM
right, my bad, dilfer !!!

Also, I am pretty sure the Elway example doesn't really work.

Dilfer is the only one I can think of.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Maybe Im confused but it seems to me that if any team were to win a superbowl using their "backup" QB then wouldn't that same "backup" still be listed as the #2 QB on that teams depth chart the following year? I can't think of any team making it to the super bowl with a quarterback who wasn't the starter the following year. Period..

I can't think of any team making it to the super bowl with a quarterback who wasn't the starter the following year. Period.. sorry, elway fits the perameters of this quote.
he was the starter,
CHECK.
he went to the superbowl.CHECK
the next year he was not.CHECK
because he retired.
want to argue with reality just because it came from zambini?
typical of so many on this board.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 08:39 AM
... as for the rest of the quote, it is so flawed I wont even bother.

Ravage!!!
05-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Elway retired! :lol: Someone needs to teach Zam how to understand the "context" of a sentence/discussion.

Zam's examples of teams winning Super Bowls with back-ups.... UN-PROVEN back-ups.... makes the point to NOT hire some lame McNabb.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 09:44 AM
I can't think of any team making it to the super bowl with a quarterback who wasn't the starter the following year. Period..

well I can think of two.
dilfer
elway.
and if ANY other member had made those posts, you would have applauded them.
but it was zam .
so now you have to take exception with reality and QUALIFY an answer.
your dismsissive hatred is pathetic and it is getting in the way of any rational responses from you.

MOtorboat
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
I can't think of any team making it to the super bowl with a quarterback who wasn't the starter the following year. Period..

well I can think of two.
dilfer
elway.
and if ANY other member had made those posts, you would have applauded them.
but it was zam .
so now you have to take exception with reality and QUALIFY an answer.
your dismsissive hatred is pathetic and it is getting in the way of any rational responses from you.

Which teams made it to the Super Bowl with a veteran backup they signed mid-season?

And you weren't applauded for it, because it's not that much of a revelation. Get over yourself...

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Elway retired! :lol: Someone needs to teach Zam how to understand the "context" of a sentence/discussion.

Zam's examples of teams winning Super Bowls with back-ups.... UN-PROVEN back-ups.... makes the point to NOT hire some lame McNabb.
and what about dilfer?

please figure out a way to discredit that response too!
"he was traded, that doesnt count either! "
"nothing you say is going to count or be true because i hate you so very much!"
" ill decide whats appropriate, I will decide content,"
"... and i will take arms against your every response because you hate champ and I lick his ball sweat!"

there i have done your work for you, give your hatred a rest.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Which teams made it to the Super Bowl with a veteran backup they signed mid-season?

And you weren't applauded for it, because it's not that much of a revelation. Get over yourself...that wasnt the comment i responded to now was it?
get over myself?
you are the one that needs to get past the zambini hurdle, not me.
YOU are the one that cant accept a simple declaration of FACT
FACT, not opinion, when it comes from zam!

but, you are not alone, and misery does love company.
only your colleages are more than happy to let you fight their battles and suffer the embarassment.
YOU are the one with the "problem".
dilfer
elway 2 100% correct answers to the original statement.
mid season aquisition, i havent a clue.
was plunkett brought to the raiders mid season?
... and did I say mcnabb would win a superbowl?
honestly,you dare to accuse me of ranting?

Ravage!!!
05-25-2012, 10:13 AM
and what about dilfer?

please figure out a way to discredit that response too!
"he was traded, that doesnt count either! "
"nothing you say is going to count or be true because i hate you so very much!"
" ill decide whats appropriate, I will decide content,"
"... and i will take arms against your every response because you hate champ and I lick his ball sweat!"

there i have done your work for you, give your hatred a rest.

What about Dilfer? That was the ONE example... and you didn't even get THAT right.

But going back to the discussion of this thread, it should be noted that Dilfer wasn't hired mid-season.

YOU haven't answered or acknowledged that the "examples" you TRIED to list (but failed without the help of people pointing them out to you) of teams winning with back-ups, are examples as to why NOT to sign a veteran, has-been, QB to the roster.

Get over your "everyone hates me" bit. ITs old. YOU are the one that puts yourself out there with your ridiculous posts....then you want to get upset when people continue to point out the flaws in your logic and football knowledge.

I don't know you, so I don't hate you. But I certainly have found your ideas to be easy targets considering you try SOOOO hard to push them as "fact" ... and that you know better than the coaches in the NFL.

You twist the words of the GM to fit your agenda, and you try to make points by avoiding the context of the discussion, and feel that it somehow gives you a "hash mark" to your side of the chalkboard when you come up with "elway" because it fits how the sentence was structured. These types of things make you a target, and then you want to 'cry' that everyone picks on you.

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 10:23 AM
ravage, you are beyond help, because your hatred has burned down every tree of sensability inside your head.
i NEVER said that a mid season back-up would win a superbowl, NEVER.
I never said mcnabb was the only choice.
I never said no back-up would win a superbowl.
I never said os had no chance, or haine for that matter.
I only responded to comments made by others.
and all those responses are correct!
I was right about the ravens, but had a brain fart with the QBs name.
I am 100% right about elway, but you cant accept that because it came from me.
I think champ can do more for this team as a safety.
I think kellen moore can win games this season. I think the earth revolves around the sun. and you think it is essential that you be the zam-contrarian just because i braise my babay back ribs.
I am so happy for you in your new found purpose in life.
keep up the good work. your buddies are counting on you !

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 10:26 AM
I guess I am now responsable for the sentence structure of others!

Chef Zambini
05-25-2012, 10:29 AM
... and I dont believe everyone hates me, but i love arguing with those that due and are so fixated on their hatred that they fail to allow any form of rational thought get in their way.
You act as if i am the only one to question the os selection.

Ravage!!!
05-25-2012, 11:06 AM
... and I dont believe everyone hates me, but i love arguing with those that due and are so fixated on their hatred that they fail to allow any form of rational thought get in their way.
You act as if i am the only one to question the os selection.

No. But you put yourself out there to be criticized because of your insistance that you are smarter than NFL DC's/coaches/

Yes, Zam, you were 100% correct in the Elway answer...but COMPLETELY missed because of the context of the posters question. Like I said, you want to give yourself a lil tally mark/point ofr being right when in fact, you missed because of what the question was really about. YOu know that, but because you can rely on the way the poster typed his words, you feel you deserve a pat on the back. I guess you need to go back to school and learn what "context" of a sentence, and the context of a paragraph, and the context of a discussion is. Thats just as important as labeling out facts that don't fit. So quit patting yourself on the back as if we should all "bow" to the very person that has named off MANY mistakes in their "brain farts" throughout this entire thread.

You never said the mid-season back up would win a Super Bowl...but felt a mid-season back-up would be in the plans of Elway. You tried to make the argument that teams don't draft QBs in the second round if they have a 'legitimate" back-up, and asked "can we win" if Manning goes down. If the Super Bowl isn't the concern, or continuing the path TO the SUper Bowl isn't a concern.... then why the hell are you worried about "winning" with the back-up????? Isn't that the point of EVERY team in the NFL?? So if going to the Super Bowl isn't what you were worried about, and that wasn't the point of the question, what is your point exactly? We've already pointed out that you have been allover the board so far.

You tried to point out that some teams have won the Super Bowl with back-ups as to SHOW EVERYONE you were right in the need for a veteran back-up. Yet, the only examples that come up, only prove how wrong you are ....except ONE....Trent Diler.... and he wasn't acquired in mid-season.

So tell me where MY rational thought has escaped me, while your continued ranting of bad examples has proved that Elway will "sign a veteran" QB if Manning goes down?? What is your point when you have been shown time and time and time again, to be WRONG? I think your point is to try and get as many "rights" as you can (like the silly Elway answer you just gave) so that you can try and say "see see, I'm right "... when you are gaining no points, and you certainly are NOT helping your credence or credibility. You have no credibility whatsoever, and this entire thread has lessened it (if possible).

You don't have rational thought. You have irrational thought swayed by your dislike for Elway, Os, and Bailey. I don't care that you think Bailey should be moved to safety. I know you are wrong, but I don't care. I don't care that you don't like Bailey, and make absolutely ridiculous statements about his play on the field, his thinking, and skills. But don't tell me that I'M the one that can't think rationally when your LUDICROUS statements are nothing more than hatred spewing from your ignorant mouth (fingers).

Also, believe me. NO ONE is seeing you type and believing you are responsible for sentence structure of anyone.

Chef Zambini
05-26-2012, 10:57 AM
if PM goes down.
1. i dont think JE will stand pat with our current alternate QBS, I think he will bring in another vet to run the offense.
2, i dont think brocko will be ready, and i dont think JE wants to expose brocko THIS season either
3. somebody else declared that back-ups dont win, and most teams just fold their tent if the starting Qb goes out.
4. i took exception to that statement, especialy when so many posters saluted it, and i have been fighting this silly battle ever since.
5. those who argue with me are more pre-occupied with trying to discredit me that they are the ones all over the board on this subject, driven by anger and hate instead of any rational thought.
these are my 5 points of contention in this now way overblown thread.

rav, your most recent post is prima facia evedence on my behalf. thanks.
I am also now done posting in this thread too I leave the carcass for my detracters to gnaw on like hyenas at a decaying zebra.

MOtorboat
05-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Poll question:

Who has a bigger ego?
A.) Josh McDaniels
B.) Chef Zambini