PDA

View Full Version : The rise & fall of your favorite TV serises

FanInAZ
05-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Law & Order (the origianal)

It started off as an OK show, but became truly entertaining when Lenny joined the show. It was at its best when detective Green became Lenny's partner, who held the show together for several seasons of revolving door casting changes for the role of his partner. Nevertheless, there was no replacing Lenny. After Green left, the two detectives that spent the entire last season treating each other with contempt was simply unwatchable.

2- Minute Warning
05-25-2012, 02:17 PM
I really enjoyed Harry's Law when it first started, then they made so many changes, and so quickly.
Kind of lost me,, course I tend to get lost easily some days.....

NightTerror218
05-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Huge House fan and no more new season :mad:

Thnikkaman
05-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Huge House fan and no more new season :mad:

I believe that they did all they could with the characters, and Hugh Laurie wanted out.

Dzone
05-25-2012, 03:30 PM
"Who do you think you are?" About family trees. I think its on NBC. Its getting yanked off the air. It was one of the few shows I watched. Oh well. That show made me wonder about my own European genealogy.

weazel
05-25-2012, 03:36 PM
the worst thing HBO ever did was cancel Deadwood... David Milch just wanted a full season to end the show the way it was supposed to end but HBO only wanted to air a half season. ass-pounding homos

chazoe60
05-25-2012, 04:03 PM
My favorite show is "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and it's still rising. Some episodes are better than others rarely there's one I don't care for (didn't like the episode titles "Frank's Brother" very much) but for the most part it's a show that is still going strong.

spikerman
06-02-2012, 07:03 PM
The kiss of death for pretty much any show is for me to like it. I absolutely HATE reality/contest shows so obviously those are going strong.
I guess the intent of this thread is to identify shows that "jumped the shark", but a lot of the shows I like don't stick around long enough for that to happen, for instance:
Arrested Development
Terriers
The Chicago Code
Men of a Certain Age
and others.

I guess I'm doomed as long as people keep tuning in to watch "American Idol", "Survivor", etc. :puke:

WTE
06-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah, Brady Bunch when they brought in Cousin Oliver. They really jumped the shark on that one.