PDA

View Full Version : Do we hide Knowshon from the NFL???

underrated29
05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Maybe i am grasping at straws here, but when the pats got randy moss they played him for like 2 snaps in the preseason. Now they downplayed it saying that randy had a torn hamstring or something..... but they didnt want the nfl to see their hand....

Now i think that knowshon will see a lot more than 2 snaps as he is a rook and needs all the experience he can get as well as familiarization in the scheme, but do you think jmcd pulls some of the NE philosophy and keeps knowshon from getting a lot looks in preseason in order to keep opposing defenses in the dark about how we are going to use him, and/or how good he really is????

Lonestar
05-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I think hew needs all the snaps he can get and you know that IN the past at least very few real game plan plays where shown before the season started.. it was mostly plain vanilla stuff.

Will Josh pull the same stuff as mike did time will tell.. But I think most teams do much the same thing put in special plays for each team that are most effective against them..

So teh playbook will change most likely from week to week..

Requiem / The Dagda
05-28-2009, 02:30 PM
I agree with JR, he needs the reps and experience if he wants to be a starter for our team. I believe he will be, but it would be better to go through the motions in the pre-season and make mistakes there when it doesn't matter, as opposed to during the real season where every snap counts.

LTC Pain
05-28-2009, 02:32 PM
...... it would be better to go through the motions in the pre-season and make mistakes there when it doesn't matter, as opposed to during the real season where every snap counts.

10-fowa!

honz
05-28-2009, 03:14 PM
No.

MOtorboat
05-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Maybe i am grasping at straws here, but when the pats got randy moss they played him for like 2 snaps in the preseason. Now they downplayed it saying that randy had a torn hamstring or something..... but they didnt want the nfl to see their hand....

Now i think that knowshon will see a lot more than 2 snaps as he is a rook and needs all the experience he can get as well as familiarization in the scheme, but do you think jmcd pulls some of the NE philosophy and keeps knowshon from getting a lot looks in preseason in order to keep opposing defenses in the dark about how we are going to use him, and/or how good he really is????

Ok, ur, I like Knowshon a lot...but he isn't Randy Moss...

horsepig
05-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Not yet.

anton...
05-28-2009, 07:04 PM
moss was already an all star before coming to the pats...

moreno is a rook...

and i for one, would love other teams to see our run game during the preseason and be scared of it come week 1...

a good run game is one thing you dont want to hide...

Benetto
05-28-2009, 07:51 PM
I say we play him like we play our starters, maybe a few downs and that's it.....We have 30 other RBs to play in games that mean absolutely NOTHING...Why risk an injury to the future of our franchise during the pre-season?

JMHO...

DenBronx
05-28-2009, 11:06 PM
play him early and often. dont worry about hiding anything....moreno has alot to prove before putting fear in anyone yet.

Dirk
05-29-2009, 05:58 AM
I agree that they won't sit him or "hide" him during the preseason. He definately needs the reps against other teams during these "scrimmage" games. It will only help him to understand how different the NFL defenses are than college ones.

Besides, Orton needs the practice handing off to him also! :D

MadMax
05-29-2009, 11:24 PM
If he starts to look impressive I imagine we'll pull him. It won't be to hide him though more to prevent injury and give our other 38 RB's a chance to show something. If he struggles, then there's nothing to hide anyways and he'll need the reps.