PDA

View Full Version : Infamous

ikillz0mbies
05-28-2009, 12:48 AM
I downloaded the demo of the game from the Playstation Store out of curiosity from all the raves and reviews this game is getting. I must say, the demo is quite amazing. It is a sandbox-style action game and the controls are pretty great, as they are your typical 3rd person shooter controls (i.e. L1 to aim, R1 to shoot). The fluidity of the graphics and effects are well done. Every single building in the game is scalable. You can attack innocent people and even use them to gain energy. It also shouldn't be that hard to die because all you need to get energy is to press the L2 button at anything with electricity, and boom, full energy and health. I get a kick every time I jump from rooftop to rooftop blasting lighting bolts from the character's hands. I am definitely buying the game. I want to get the feedback from those who have played the demo or purchased the game.

The demo itself is pretty extensive and there are 3 missions to complete. It is a very fun game where you control the main protagonist, Cole, and use his acquired lightning abilities to complete missions. Throughout the missions, Cole can gain new lightning abilities such as shock grenades and conjuring up lightning storms. Enemies that are encountered usually fire your typical guns and hang out on rooftops. But then there are also your flame-throwing and Gatling gun-wielding enemies who can kill you rather instantly if you are not careful.

Shazam!
05-28-2009, 10:45 AM
It plays nearly identical to Prototype, which will be available in a week.

ikillz0mbies
05-28-2009, 11:50 AM
is it the demo or the game? i just saw gameplay footage, Prototype looks insane and is more gorey....

Shazam!
05-28-2009, 09:12 PM
I saw some crazy shit where the protagonist was riding a bloody severed torso as a board down the side of a building. The stuff you can do in Prototype is just sick.

atwater27
05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Sounds lovely.

ikillz0mbies
05-28-2009, 10:45 PM
I saw some crazy shit where the protagonist was riding a bloody severed torso as a board down the side of a building. The stuff you can do in Prototype is just sick.

I saw that too. That was crazy. And those ground spikes.....wow. I may actually get both though....

Shazam!
05-29-2009, 01:29 AM
I think Sony should've tried to release it at least a month earlier. Hell, they've been touting it for nearly two years. Two games that are so similar released so close to each other doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

Also InFamous is rated Teen and Prototype is M for Mature. PT is deliberately over-the-top, ridiculously violent and gory. So, InF may be better for a younger audience.

Benetto
06-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Finished Infamous in about a week (1-3 hours per day)...Great game, graphics, and storyline...I love how you can choose to be a good hero or bad....I played the whole game as a good hero, then toward the end I chose to activate the power sphere, kill thousands of people, and amplify my powers dramatically. All in all a VERY cool game to rent for a prolonged amount of time...Definetly not a buy though, being as it is so fast and semi-easy to complete a play through...

Highly recommended to those with a PS3...

Now its Red Faction time....Thanks for the recommendation Shazam.

Shazam!
06-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Now its Red Faction time....Thanks for the recommendation Shazam.

Fun as hell man. Destroy everything.