PDA

View Full Version : Please submit your questions for Wesley Woodyard interview next week

Tned
05-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Ok, as we comprise a pretty big part of the Broncos online community, have extremely knowledgeable football fans and good writers, I have been thinking that we should try and extend a little beyond just a fan forum and add some Broncos news/reporting. Of course the primary function of BF will always be the online community, but there is no reason we can't use our growing name recognition and talented members to expand a little.

Hopefully, this will be the first of many interviews with coaches and players, and maybe at some point we can even move into ESPN style live chats.

Sometime next week I will be having an interview with Wesley. As I presented it to his agent, I would be asking him questions submitted by members of BroncosForums.

So, with that being said, please post questions you would like me to ask Wesley. Once the interview is completed, I will post the transcript in Broncos Talk.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Mike Nolan is known for using highly active, attack-style players in his defensive schemes. Being an extremely gifted athlete, how do you see yourself fitting into his system -- and what positions are you seeing the most reps at during the camps and OTA's?

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Wesley, as the leading tackler in the SEC in 2007, were you expecting to be drafted and which teams had you been contacted by? Subsequently, after not being drafted, what lead you to the Broncos?

honz
05-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Many people, especially those in the media, have low expectations for the 2009 Bronco team, however I think a lot of fans are excited and optimistic about the upcoming season. What are the team's expectations and goals for this year? Playoffs? Division title? Super Bowl?

Hobe
05-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Every players has his own personal way of getting up for a game. Some are quite unique, such as your new team mate Brian Dawkins. How do you get up for a game? Any rituals or special foods?

silkamilkamonico
05-27-2009, 10:44 PM
"We had up to four 2nd day, or undrafted rookies starting on defense at one time for arguably the worst defense ever in franchise history. Draft steals, or was Shanahan really that bad at assembling a defense?"

Tned
05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I know everyone likes to joke around and keep things light, but let's try and keep this one on track. If Wesley or his agent check out our little forum and this thread, I would them to see we are taking this serious.

Thanks

Northman
05-27-2009, 11:00 PM
I know everyone likes to joke around and keep things light, but let's try and keep this one on track. If Wesley or his agent check out our little forum and this thread, I would them to see we are taking this serious.

Thanks

I dont know what your talking about. My question was legit. :coffee::D

Tned
05-27-2009, 11:02 PM
I dont know what your talking about. My question was legit. :coffee::D

Jr doesn't go to games. Now, I know you have some football related doosies that you could add to the list. :D

Broncospsycho77
05-27-2009, 11:50 PM
How would you compare the presence of a Josh McDaniels-run Broncos organization to the Mike Shanahan-run Broncos, from your brief experience with each?

Hawgdriver
05-28-2009, 12:42 AM
I'll go with the obvious one.

One of the first things critics mention is your size and weight. Some pundits indicate that your size is better suited for playing safety, but your instincts and aggressiveness are clearly more akin to a linebacker. Has this issue been addressed to you by coach Nolan?

Hawgdriver
05-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Generating takeaways on defense has been a cornerstone of Nolan's schemes in the past, and it looks as though he is trying to establish the same type of defense in Denver from free agency and draft acquisitions. How does your skill set fit into this turnover-oriented scheme--both on running plays and in coverage?

Hawgdriver
05-28-2009, 12:56 AM
It seems coaches and staff are making an effort to exploit mismatches. What are your special skills that will allow you to have an unfair advantage against opponents? Who are some other players that you think have special talents that fans haven't seen fully exploited, that we will see in action in the new system?

Hawgdriver
05-28-2009, 12:57 AM
BTW, nice work T.

Northman
05-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Did the offseason drama involving Jay Cutler create dissention with the rest of the team or has the team rallied together with excitement to begin a new chapter in 09'.

Tned
05-28-2009, 01:04 AM
BTW, nice work T.

Nice work on the questions.

Lonestar
05-28-2009, 03:22 AM
yep he asked a couple good ones that I would have if I were thinking about it..

I would really like to know for sure what his playing weight was LATE last season.. the Broncos said 230 his weight was 220 at the combine he reported at 230ish and had stated he was playing at 212 late in the year.. are these Numbers correct?

can he get to and stay at 230-35 over the season..

sneakers
05-28-2009, 05:37 AM
How many autographs do you sign a day? (always wondered that)

Fan in Exile
05-28-2009, 06:40 AM
How do you view playing football, is it a business, a game or your life, and has this changed over the years?

Are there teammates that you like to hang out with during the down times of the year, and what do you like doing with your free time?

LRtagger
05-28-2009, 08:23 AM
I don't really have a question, but I would appreciate it if you would stress to him how much his play means to the fans. He was one of my favorite guys last year and I really appreciate and admire the work and effort he puts in for this team...especially as an undrafted player.

He may not crack the starting lineup, but I still consider him one of our more valuable defenders. I hope he realizes that fans love the guy.

drewloc
05-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Given your brief experience in the new scheme, what is going to be the biggest adjustment for your role within the defense?

dogfish
05-28-2009, 08:26 AM
damn T, that kicks ass!

my question:

when you were inserted into the starting lineup last year you seemed to bring some fire that was previously missing-- are you ready to assume more of a leadership role this year? who else has been stepping up as a leader in the defensive front seven?

frauschieze
05-28-2009, 08:48 AM
I don't really have a question, but I would appreciate it if you would stress to him how much his play means to the fans. He was one of my favorite guys last year and I really appreciate and admire the work and effort he puts in for this team...especially as an undrafted player.

He may not crack the starting lineup, but I still consider him one of our more valuable defenders. I hope he realizes that fans love the guy.

Ditto on this. His fire and energy are greatly appreciated, much more than I am able to convey. I don't have any questions at the moment, and it's doubtful I'll come up with something as good as the questions already asked, but I do want him to know that I don't just appreciate him for doing this interview, but that he's truly respected as a football player.

powderaddict
05-28-2009, 09:35 AM
What are some different things Nolan brings to the table as a DC than what you saw last year?

rationalfan
05-28-2009, 09:54 AM

Thanks

you're not giving yourself much credence as a journalist/moderator/whatever. obviously, you don't know me at all. but as a guy with a bit of experience in journalism i'm suggesting this: do not care what your subject or his agent will think of you; don't be a fan, be an inquisitor. your audience isn't your subject. your audience is the people who read this board (and beyond). the best interviews are probing and provide a bit of conversational tension. this can be done with respect to your subject, but be wary of letting your subject control the situation.

frauschieze
05-28-2009, 10:02 AM
you're not giving yourself much credence as a journalist/moderator/whatever. obviously, you don't know me at all. but as a guy with a bit of experience in journalism i'm suggesting this: do not care what your subject or his agent will think of you; don't be a fan, be an inquisitor. your audience isn't your subject. your audience is the people who read this board (and beyond). the best interviews are probing and provide a bit of conversational tension. this can be done with respect to your subject, but be wary of letting your subject control the situation.

There were some completely off topics posts that have been deleted. That is what Tned is referring to. The hard questions are more than welcome to be asked. It's a great opportunity for us fans to get to know more about a player on our favorite team.

underrated29
05-28-2009, 10:30 AM
I meant to ask him this when i got his autograph for myself and some member here when he was at big tool box or whatever.

How do you like Colorado? Are the people nice, do they recognize your face, is the city a place you enjoy being in?

powderaddict
05-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I meant to ask him this when i got his autograph for myself and some member here when he was at big tool box or whatever.

How do you like Colorado? Are the people nice, do they recognize your face, is the city a place you enjoy being in?

That's a good question!

To add, what are some CO activities you enjoy?

G_Money
05-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Coming out of college as an undrafted FA, how did you prepare in order to succeed as a starter and major contributor as a rookie, and how did that experience help prepare you for the new scheme and increased roster competition this year?

~G

Oh, and I said you'd be the best Will in the draft, so thanks for proving me right. :D

G_Money
05-28-2009, 12:41 PM
You were inducted into the UK Athletics Society of Character as a student-athlete and role model. Are there any local charities that you're involved in or would like to become involved with, and what causes are meaningful to you?

~G

broncofaninfla
05-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Have you been asked to gain weight for the new scheme?

LTC Pain
05-28-2009, 01:53 PM
What's your pre-game and post-game routine/habits?

horsepig
05-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Great questions. Everything I would like to ask him has been pretty well covered already.

The only thing I might add is to ask him how his confidence held up after being undrafted following a really stellar Senior season at UK.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-29-2009, 07:20 PM
For whatever it is worth, Welsey recently stated on DB.com (video) that he is up to 230 pounds after putting on 12 pounds of "lower body" weight to his frame; and stated he played last season in the 218 range. Great questions all around, guise!

Tned
05-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks for all the great questions. Hopefully, we will get most or all of them answered. Still a day or two to post any more questions that you might have.

Drill-N-Fill
05-30-2009, 04:23 PM
never mind...it wasn't a serious question.

Tned
06-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks for all the great questions. I will get as many answered as possible and post the responses ASAP.

frauschieze
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Status update purdy please.

Yes, I am impatient.

Lonestar
06-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Status update purdy please.

Yes, I am impatient.

remember this was not with Mike Leach..:salute:

frauschieze
06-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Hush up sunshine.

Tned-Mobile
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
i thought i had locked this. lol

i forwarded the questions for him to answer, rather then a telephone interview, thinking it would be more conbvenient for him. i had the option to do either. if i don't hear back by week end, i will get a status update.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Answers will be more dope with e-mail interview. Those phone interviews are hard to get everything verbatim in detail unless you are recording it.

Tned-Mobile
06-10-2009, 06:19 PM
p.s. phone got wet (story i won't go into lol), so shift is almost impossible to get to work, so sorry for all lower case.

Tned-Mobile
06-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Answers will be more dope with e-mail interview. Those phone interviews are hard to get everything verbatim in detail unless you are recording it.

yea, the other reason i opted for written, as i didn't have to scramble to get the phone set up to record. i'll get something setup for the future, since hopefully this the firdt and not the last, and i need to be prepared for either option.