PDA

View Full Version : DL Coach Wayne Nunnely retires....

underrated29
05-14-2012, 04:20 PM
And Jason something or other has been promoted...No Idea who he is.

GEM
05-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Eh ****.

OrangeHoof
05-14-2012, 04:33 PM
With the DTs on the roster, this is probably a smart move.

dogfish
05-14-2012, 04:40 PM
probably got tired of using traffic cones at nose tackle. . .

dogfish
05-14-2012, 04:44 PM
also, here's the actual news, since U29 is a lazy-ass who can't be bothered. . . :wave:

With Wayne Nunnely retiring, Jay Rodgers — who spent the past three seasons as a defensive assistant with the club, including working primarily with Nunnely and the defensive line in 2011 — now takes over as the club’s defensive line coach.

“I’m excited for this opportunity,” Rodgers said. “I am extremely grateful to Coach Nunnely for all I’ve learned from him over the past three seasons.”

Rodgers is in his fourth season with the club after working nine seasons at the collegiate level.

“The defensive line will be in good hands with Jay Rodgers, whom I’ve worked with very closely for the last three years,” Nunnely said. “He is very deserving of this opportunity, which he has earned through his hard work and knowledge. Jay has many great qualities as a person and coach that will make him successful in his new role.”

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/rodgers-takes-over-as-defensive-line-coach/

SR
05-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Well poop.

CoachChaz
05-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Sucks. COach Nunnally was my favorite position coach. Just a shame he never had anything to work with in Denver.

SR
05-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Sucks. COach Nunnally was my favorite position coach. Just a shame he never had anything to work with in Denver.

I agree. When he came to Denver I was pumped and had high hopes he'd get our defensive line woes in check, but the front office didn't ever give him much to work with so we never truly got to see what he was capable of. Shame. Hopefully this other guy works out, assuming one day he gets some help.

NightTerror218
05-14-2012, 05:04 PM
I agree. When he came to Denver I was pumped and had high hopes he'd get our defensive line woes in check, but the front office didn't ever give him much to work with so we never truly got to see what he was capable of. Shame. Hopefully this other guy works out, assuming one day he gets some help.

Del Rio loves the DL. So it will be interesting to see how he does with ours. I bet he loves Wolfe.

underrated29
05-14-2012, 05:16 PM
He loves lamp

claymore
05-14-2012, 05:33 PM
He loves lamp

/thread

Tned
05-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Per Broncos press release:

ABOUT RODGERS:

Rodgers, 35, takes over as defensive line coach after spending the last three seasons in Denver as a defensive assistant, including working primarily with the defensive line in 2011 under Nunnely. A former college quarterback, Rodgers, coached for nine seasons at the collegiate level before joining the Broncos prior to the 2009 campaign.

He instructed Iowa State’s wide receivers from 2007-08 after coaching quarterbacks at Stephen F. Austin University (2005-06) and Missouri State University (2004). Rodgers served as passing game coordinator at Dodge City Community College in Kansas during the 2003 seasons following stints at Louisiana State University (2001-02) and Ohio State University (2000).

In college, Rodgers played quarterback for three seasons at Indiana University, starting 15 games before transferring to Missouri State for his senior year. In his lone season with the Bears in 1999, he was voted team captain and MVP after setting several school single-season passing records.

A native of Austin, Texas, Rodgers attended Austin Westlake High School. His younger brother, Jeff, is entering his second season as the Broncos’ special teams coordinator. Rodgers, who was born on Aug. 29, 1976, in St. Paul, Min., is married to Melissa, and they have a daughter, Avery, and a son, Rock.

Simple Jaded
05-14-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rumph_chris00.html

or

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sunseri_sal00.html

Do it! Do it!.......

dogfish
05-14-2012, 06:27 PM
i really wanted us to hire sunseri in some capacity last year, but his kid is at alabama now-- he's probably not going anywhere for the next few years. . . looks like it's going to be rodgers, since they've already announced it. . . i hope he's good-- he certainly doesn't have nunnelly's experience. . .