PDA

View Full Version : Best set of corners in the AFC?

Pages : [1] 2

sanluis
05-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Who has the best set of 3 corners in the AFC?

AFCW= Chargers
AFCE=Bills
AFCN= this is a wash--- maybe the Browns
AFCS= Colts

What do you guys think and why? I know Oakland and Denver have the one big name but after that things get real weak.

:behindsofa:

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:49 AM
The Raiders have Asomugha, arguably best Cornerback of all time.

They have Chris Johnson, who was a top ten CB when he replaced deangelo Hall midway through the season. Chris Johnson's metrics are top 5 in the NFL. He is a top 15 cornerback.

And we also have Stanford Routt, who has all the potential in the world.

Oakland's CBs > Denver's cbs by FAR.

sanluis
05-27-2009, 10:54 AM

They have Chris Johnson, who was a top ten CB when he replaced deangelo Hall midway through the season. Chris Johnson's metrics are top 5 in the NFL. He is a top 15 cornerback.

Do you think they are the best three in the AFC? ---or just better than Denver's?:confused:

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Best three in the NFL.

And ten times better the Dungvers, Sandy Ego, KFC's corners.

sanluis
05-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Best three in the NFL.

And ten times better the Dungvers, Sandy Ego, KFC's corners.

What a surprise!!!!!

Asomugha is shut down for sure! I feel bad for Asomugha being stuck on such a bad team. The other two bumms... not so much !! :D

underrated29
05-27-2009, 01:00 PM
san.

You will have to get used to this kid. He just crossed the bridge to tarabithia and hasnt returned the same.

In the entire AFC-hmmmm... Good question.

To answer i would have to ask a question. Best in terms of pure ability, or best pair that plays together?

Reason i ask is several.

For ex. the pats (who i hate) have signed leigh bodden and shawn springs. Those are two big names at CB. To go along with the rest of thier guys.

But then there is balt- their pass defense is not as good as it should be, but they have some names baby.

although they just released rolle. so who knows.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 01:07 PM

:pound:

JONtheBRONCO
05-27-2009, 05:54 PM
san.

You will have to get used to this kid. He just crossed the bridge to tarabithia and hasnt returned the same.

In the entire AFC-hmmmm... Good question.

To answer i would have to ask a question. Best in terms of pure ability, or best pair that plays together?

Reason i ask is several.

For ex. the pats (who i hate) have signed leigh bodden and shawn springs. Those are two big names at CB. To go along with the rest of thier guys.

But then there is balt- their pass defense is not as good as it should be, but they have some names baby.

although they just released rolle. so who knows.

kid just sprouted his first nut hair.

Gamechanger
05-27-2009, 06:10 PM

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5927/lolwutaburgerdr5.jpg

EMB6903
05-27-2009, 06:23 PM

asomugha arguably the best CB of alltime?

LMAO!!!!!!!!

this is why I love Raider fans... Asomugha isnt close to Champ Bailey as far as career goes. in Fact there are atleast 10 CB's who you can argue before even thinking about Asomugha..... Hes only had 2 great years and hes the best ever. LMAO! not to mention hes already 27 years old...

that being said I think the best CB duo in the AFC has to be Revis/Sheppard.

Lonestar
05-27-2009, 06:40 PM
I think he is raider Joe and afraid to admit it..

for you ex freaks raider Joe was the biggest tool mania ever had.. talked trash every year this time till we whooped their ass for about 4 years running and during raider week he would post 40-50 post about how great there draft was and and one in particular about gallery being the best OLT that ever walked the earth.. until we whooped them again..

Sounds like raider Joe/hoe/Jose to me..

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I think he is raider Joe and afraid to admit it..

for you ex freaks raider Joe was the biggest tool mania ever had.. talked trash every year this time till we whooped their ass for about 4 years running and during raider week he would post 40-50 post about how great there draft was and and one in particular about gallery being the best OLT that ever walked the earth.. until we whooped them again..

Sounds like raider Joe/hoe/Jose to me..

So, you're talking like 5 or 6 years ago?

He was 11-12, by his own admission...I doubt it is the dude you're talking about.

Lonestar
05-27-2009, 07:12 PM
So, you're talking like 5 or 6 years ago?

He was 11-12, by his own admission...I doubt it is the dude you're talking about.

It was between 2003-2006 or so.. OK just sounds like him but then all those morons sound alike.. must have davis dementia thinking of the glory days and how soon they will be back to teh super bowl..

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 09:45 PM
If you dumbass Donkey fans would take a step out of you're bubble, you would recognize asomugha's greatness.

Asomugha's 2008 stats

27 Attempts/ 8 completed passes/ Zero Touchdowns

Those are better than any other shutdown CB in the history of the NFL.

Asomugha will be considered the best CB of all time by the time he's 30. Watch.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 09:48 PM
If you dumbass Donkey fans would take a step out of you're bubble, you would recognize asomugha's greatness.

Asomugha's 2008 stats

Not as good as Bailey's 2005, 2006 and 2007, so whatever, moron.

I suggest you do some research before making stupid ass comments like that.

Fact of the matter is Bailey probably isn't even in discussion for best corner ever, even after what he's done, so you're ridiculous assertion just means that you have nothing when it comes to football, so you have to resort to your stupid sister and mother jokes...

Nah...we got it bro...

Fail.

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 09:54 PM

Not as good as Bailey's 2005, 2006 and 2007, so whatever, moron.

I suggest you do some research before making stupid ass comments like that.

Fact of the matter is Bailey probably isn't even in discussion for best corner ever, even after what he's done, so you're ridiculous assertion just means that you have nothing when it comes to football, so you have to resort to your stupid sister and mother jokes...

Nah...we got it bro...

Fail.

Do you understand what a Shutdown corner is? Or do you just look at a CBs INT stats to determine how good they are. Asomugha was only targeted 27 times! He only allowed 8 catches ALL season long. No touchdowns. His last season was by far superior to any season Champ Bailey has ever had.

And actually Dumbass, Champ Bailey hasn't finished top ten in CB metrics the last three years.

This past year, he was abused everytime he got on the field when he wasn't hurt. He was a liability in your pass defense, something that Asomugha will NEVER be.

Champ Bailey is just old as hell and past his prime. Accept it

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Do you understand what a Shutdown corner is? Or do you just look at a CBs INT stats to determine how good they are. Asomugha was only targeted 27 times! He only allowed 8 catches ALL season long. No touchdowns. His last season was by far superior to any season Champ Bailey has ever had.

And actually Dumbass, Champ Bailey hasn't finished top ten in CB metrics the last three years.

This past year, he was abused everytime he got on the field when he wasn't hurt. He was a liability in your pass defense, something that Asomugha will NEVER be.

Champ Bailey is just old as hell and past his prime. Accept it

So, according to the "metrics" (I wish you'd provide a link) how many times was Bailey thrown at in 2007?

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 09:58 PM
So, according to the "metrics" (I wish you'd provide a link) how many times was Bailey thrown at in 2007?

Hold up, I'll post his stats in a minute.

Don't cry when you see they are not even close to Asomugha's metrics.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Hold up, I'll post his stats in a minute.

Don't cry when you see they are not even close to Asomugha's metrics.

I want a link moron, not posted stats.

BTW, Asomugha doesn't appear on football outsider's 2007 lists.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2007/charting-defensive-backs-2007

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:04 PM
In 07, Bailey was targeted 60 times. He allowed 3 touchdowns

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
In 07, Bailey was targeted 60 times. He allowed 3 touchdowns

Link?

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Asomugha doesn't even APPEAR on the top corner list for 2007 for football outsiders.

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:10 PM
I wont link you to the place I get my stats from, but here's a link to another site who reiterates what I was saying.

http://www.blueandsilverreport.com/tag/champ-bailey/

As you can see, Bailey’s averages floated in the bottom half in ‘04 and ‘05 before he posted one of the best seasons recorded in ‘06. He dropped back into the bottom half in ‘07, allowing more than three yards more per attempt that year. And it’s not as if Bailey sat on an island most of the game and was then surprised when an opposing QB deigned to throw his way. He was targeted 60 times, only marginally better than counterpart Dre Bly, who saw 78 balls, though Bly’s YPA was an awful 8.8.

What do they say about Nnamdi?

Only once in that span has a corner topped 60% in success percentage, that coming last year when the Raiders Nnamdi Asomugha posed a 62.9% success rate. Asomugha is the hardest corner to throw against, topping 50% in each of the last three years, the only cornerback to do so.

And keep in my that this is after the 2007-2008 season. Nnamdi's 2008-2009 season blew his 07 season away.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I wont link you to the place I get my stats from, but here's a link to another site who reiterates what I was saying.

Why not?

Where are you getting your "stats?"

I think your full of shit.

If you can't provide links to your stats, there's no basis to your argument, and once again you fail.

Show me the link moron.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:14 PM
BTW, your link doesn't even list Asomugha on the Top 10 corners in the last four years, so I can't even comprehend how he could be the top cornerback EVER.

You fail on so many levels, it's not even funny.

Provide your link, and I'll give you credit. That's how this works.

Until then, you fail, miserably.

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Don't trip where I get my stats from, boot licker.

Just recognize that your boy Champ Bailey aint on Nnamdi's level.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Don't trip where I get my stats from, boot licker.

Just recognize that your boy Champ Bailey aint on Nnamdi's level.

Give me a link. Where are your stats from?

Here's a lesson son, unless you can provide proof, you got nothing.

And right now, you got nothing.

You can't "own" people until you learn this, so provide a link, or you fail.

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:17 PM
BTW, your link doesn't even list Asomugha on the Top 10 corners in the last four years, so I can't even comprehend how he could be the top cornerback EVER.

You fail on so many levels, it's not even funny.

Provide your link, and I'll give you credit. That's how this works.

Until then, you fail, miserably.

06-08

Nnamdi has had three of the best years a corner could have.

He is only 27 years old. He will be the best ever

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Give me a link. Where are your stats from?

Here's a lesson son, unless you can provide proof, you got nothing.

And right now, you got nothing.

You can't "own" people until you learn this, so provide a link, or you fail.

I actually gave you a link, dumbass.

You asked how many times Champ Bailey was targeted in 07. I told you 60 times, and I provided a link.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:18 PM
06-08

Nnamdi has had three of the best years a corner could have.

He is only 27 years old. He will be the best ever

Provide me the link to your stats, because according to the link you provided, he doesn't even post Top 10 during that time frame.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I actually gave you a link, dumbass.

You asked how many times Champ Bailey was targeted in 07. I told you 60 times, and I provided a link.

The same link doesn't even LIST Asomugha.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Just for others to see...
Who Are the Best Cover Corners — 3 Year Averages

Posted: July 11, 2008 @ 6:00 pm

In part two of the series using K.C. Joyner’s YPA metrics for cornerbacks, I look at the best three year averages for cornerbacks who qualified for ratings in any of the Scientific Football Annuals from 2004 through 2007.

The pool expanded when the threshold was lowered from four to three years. 39 CBs qualified for rankings in the first instance and 64 in this group. Many of the names carry over from the first list, though there are some surprises.

Player-team YPA Avg.
1T. Shawn Springs - Washington 6.0
1T. Deshea Townsend - Pittsburgh 6.0
4T. Ken Lucas - Carolina 6.1
4T. Rod Hood - Arizona 6.1
5. Terence Newman - Dallas 6.3
6. Leigh Bodden - Detroit 6.4
10T. Champ Bailey - Denver 6.5
10T. Fred Smoot - Washington 6.5
10T. Quentin Jammer - San Diego 6.5
10T. Charles Woodson - Green Bay 6.5

Some of the usual suspects are here. Shawn Springs, Deshea Townsend, Ken Lucas, Terence Newman, Quentin Jammer, Fred Smoot and Charles Woodson carry over from the first list.

The must-discussed Champ Bailey shows up, with the more recent weighting increasing the value of his All-World 2006 season.

Who, however, are Rod Hood and Leigh Bodden? Hood was Philly’s nickel back, putting up standout numbers his last two years with the Eagles. They let him go and the Cards are happy to have him. His ‘07 YPA and his three year averages are better than any put up by the better known and much better paid Eagles trio of Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard and Asante Samuel.

Bodden may be a guy who helps Matt Millen hang on another year. He had stellar ‘05 and ‘06 YPAs for Cleveland. His average dropped a bit in ‘07 but his picks jumped to six. The Lions snapped him up in free agency and may have gotten a value signing.

Just missing the list: Charles Tillman of Chicago with a 6.6 average YPA and Oakland’s Nnamdi Asomugha, with a 6.7.

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:26 PM
The same link doesn't even LIST Asomugha.

Um okay?

That link was to show you how many times Bailey was targeted.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Um okay?

That link was to show you how many times Bailey was targeted.

It also shows that Asomugha is nowhere near the best corner ever.

Please provide a link to your "stats?"

Simple request.

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Just for others to see...
Who Are the Best Cover Corners — 3 Year Averages

Posted: July 11, 2008 @ 6:00 pm

In part two of the series using K.C. Joyner’s YPA metrics for cornerbacks, I look at the best three year averages for cornerbacks who qualified for ratings in any of the Scientific Football Annuals from 2004 through 2007.

From 2004 through 2007.

The only reason Nnamdi isn't on that list is because he first became a starter in the 05 season. His first two years he was a backup to Charles woodson.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:32 PM
From 2004 through 2007.

The only reason Nnamdi isn't on that list is because he first became a starter in the 05 season. His first two years he was a backup to Charles woodson.

Can you PLEASE post the stats?

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Until these stats are posted, there is no proof to your ridiculous, ridiculous statement, so please provide where you get your stats from.

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Dude what stats are you talking about?

Champ Baileys? I told you, he was targeted 60 times. That link says the same thing.

You want Nnamdi's stats? DF are you talking about, boot licker.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Dude what stats are you talking about?

Champ Baileys? I told you, he was targeted 60 times. That link says the same thing.

You want Nnamdi's stats? DF are you talking about, boot licker.

Well, I'm asking for a link you can't provide, apparently...

Where is the link that proves any of this ridiculous assumption? Yeah, I do want some proof of Asomugha's stats...and you apparently can't provide it, because you have some "secret" source.

Making the assumption that Asomugha is somehow the best corner ever is a stupid statement, AT BEST, and you can't back it up.

If you can, please do so, and provide some links.

Otherwise,

OWNED.

Timmy!
05-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Here's a link for you MB

http://www.raiderslickdonkeyschlong.com

or you could try this one

http://www.potsandpanswtfi'mdumb.com

Or maybe

http://www.iwillgraduatehighschoolin2012.com

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 10:57 PM
I was nice enough to show you that your boy Champ Bailey was overrated by posting his 07 targets like you asked.

If you wanted to see Nnamdi's stats, you should've asked for them first. Instead you asked for Champs, and you were owned.

Now run along, boot licker.

Nnamdi is arguably the best CB of all time :D

Timmy!
05-27-2009, 10:58 PM
I was nice enough to show you that your boy Champ Bailey was overrated by posting his 07 targets like you asked.

If you wanted to see Nnamdi's stats, you should've asked for them first. Instead you asked for Champs, and you were owned.

http://www.youarearguablythebiggestdumbassonearth.com

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Mr. Robotic bird is trying to smack talk :lol:

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 11:03 PM

You are a ******* idiot.

I have repeatedly asked for Asomugha's stats, and you will not provide them based on some "secret" web site (read: non-existent) web site.

Then you post a web site saying that he's not even amongst the top cornerbacks right now, and try, and fail, to defend him again.

Once again, please provide any lick of proof that Asomugha is one of the best ever.

You can't.

You got owned, and I've thoroughly proved what a ******* moron you are.

Go back to the Raiders forums you ******* ****.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 11:05 PM

Fail.

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 11:09 PM

You are a ******* idiot.

I have repeatedly asked for Asomugha's stats, and you will not provide them based on some "secret" web site (read: non-existent) web site.

Then you post a web site saying that he's not even amongst the top cornerbacks right now, and try, and fail, to defend him again.

Once again, please provide any lick of proof that Asomugha is one of the best ever.

You can't.

You got owned, and I've thoroughly proved what a ******* moron you are.

Go back to the Raiders forums you ******* ****.

LMAO!

Did someone get a lil angry? See, unlike you, I wont report that post. Lulz.

And once again dumbass, here was your question:

60 times. I provided a link.

Game over. Your boy is overrated.

And now you are trying to switch up your question by asking for Nnamdi's stats. Go look them up for yourself.

Until then, Nnamdi is still the best CB to ever grace the NFL :D

Timmy!
05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Mr. Robotic bird is trying to smack talk :lol:

I don't have to say a word to own you. Watch.

http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/pot-kettle.jpg

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
LMAO!

And now you are trying to switch up your question by asking for Nnamdi's stats. Go look them up for yourself.

Your reading comprehension is seriously some of the worst I've read. You made the assertion that he's the best cornerback ever and you can't back it up. I reported none of your posts, so you can **** off. You absolutely got caught in one of your piece of shit, baiting arguments in this thread and I owned you.

Unlike you, I never asserted that Champ Bailey is the greatest cornerback ever, as I don't think he is, therefore your assumption that "my boy" is overrated is moronic, at best.

So, essentialy **** you...you got owned.

Northman
05-27-2009, 11:14 PM
LMAO!

Why would you report it? Your the one insulting the guy to begin with by calling him Bootlicker. Technically, your not even being civil in your own arguements and now are only trolling. If you want to talk football, talk football and leave the insults out. Dude asked you 4 different times to post the stats to back up your arguement. Instead you just kept dancing around trying to antagonize the guy. Either talk some football or get the **** off the board.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Why would you report it? Your the one insulting the guy to begin with by calling him Bootlicker. Technically, your not even being civil in your own arguements and now are only trolling. If you want to talk football, talk football and leave the insults out. Dude asked you 4 different times to post the stats to back up your arguement. Instead you just kept dancing around trying to antagonize the guy. Either talk some football or get the **** off the board.

Trolling and baiting is allowed here in 'dem forums. :rolleyes:

Northman
05-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Trolling and baiting is allowed here in 'dem forums. :rolleyes:

:lol:

My, how things have changed. Guess its time to allow spammers as well. Take some time off the board and the place goes to shit to cater to trolls like this. Wonderful. :lol:

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 11:28 PM

I won't get the F off this forum until I'm banned. Which will probably be in two weeks if people get reporting me, lol. :lol:

MissouriBronc asked what were Baileys targets in 07. I told him 60 and provided a link. Is that not enough?

Northman
05-27-2009, 11:40 PM
I won't get the F off this forum until I'm banned. Which will probably be in two weeks if people get reporting me, lol. :lol:

MissouriBronc asked what were Baileys targets in 07. I told him 60 and provided a link. Is that not enough?

Sure, and then he asked you numerous times to post the stats for your boy. Ironically you kept dodging the question and kept antogizing him in the process. If you get banned its going to be because of your trolling and instigating which is starting to become more apparent as time goes on.

Timmy!
05-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Would you guys stop it. Please don't ban him. I'll start a protest thread.

OaklandRaider
05-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Sure, and then he asked you numerous times to post the stats for your boy. Ironically you kept dodging the question and kept antogizing him in the process. If you get banned its going to be because of your trolling and instigating which is starting to become more apparent as time goes on.

I antognize him :lol: Dude called me a Moron, I call him a dumbass. It's the smack forum.

Honestly, I didn't know what the hell dude was talking about. I was too busy watching the game. I was nice enough to look up Bailey's stats for him, that's all I thought he wanted.

Benetto
05-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Your Avatar is a symbol of our ownership on you...Showing the world you are owned.

Northman
05-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Would you guys stop it. Please don't ban him. I'll start a protest thread.

Yea, but you start a protest thread on everything so it would ring a little hollow. :lol:

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 01:14 AM
http://ownersedge.fanball.com/article/2008/12/Cornerback-Power-Rankings-6

That is a link to a guy named Tony Pisano's CB list. Here is how he ranks the corner's

"This is an article dedicated to the 25 CBs who are currently playing the best football. I look at many factors to determine which 25 are playing the best. Attempts (passes thrown at the CB), total yards (including penalty yards), yards per attempt (YPA), TDs allowed, incompletions forced, non-forced incompletions, pass deflections, INTs, safety help, man/zone coverage, level of competition, efficiency, hot and cold streaks, and pass rush. This article is intended to open people's eyes and minds as to who are truly the best CBs in the league. The number in parentheses is the player's ranking from the previous week"

You have to pay money to see the stats, but I found a way to copy and paste his list onto here.

1. Nnamdi Asomugha
Season Total: 29 attempts, 4.97 YPA, 62.07 Forced INC%, 0 TDs

2. Corey Webster
Season Total: 63 attempts, 4.11 YPA, 63.49 Forced INC%, 1 TD

3. Charles Woodson
Season Total: 62 attempts, 5.87 YPA, 56.45 Forced INC%, 2 TDs

4. Chris Johnson
Season Total: 45 attempts, 5.20 YPA, 53.33 Forced INC%, 1 TD

5. Al Harris
Season Total: 35 attempts, 5.51 YPA, 51.43 Forced INC%, 1 TD

6. Darrelle Revis
Season Total: 68 attempts, 5.10 YPA, 50.00 Forced INC%, 1 TD

7. Sheldon Brown
Season Total: 58 attempts, 5.10 YPA, 43.10 Forced INC%, 0 TDs

8. Brandon Flowers
Season Total: 61 attempts, 4.85 YPA, 34.43 Forced INC%, 0 TDs

9. Ronald Bartell
Season Total: 87 attempts, 5.97 YPA, 45.98 Forced INC%, 1 TD

10. Samari Rolle
Season Total: 43 attempts, 4.05 YPA, 51.16 Forced INC%, 0 TDs

11. Stanford Routt
Season Total: 37 attempts, 5.41 YPA, 48.65 Forced INC%, 2 TDs

12. Carlos Rogers
Season Total: 101 attempts, 5.83 YPA, 47.52 Forced INC%, 4 TDs

13. Antoine Winfield
Season Total: 56 attempts, 6.20 YPA, 37.50 Forced INC%, 2 TDs

14. Quentin Jammer
Season Total: 82 attempts, 6.06 YPA, 40.24 Forced INC%, 4 TDs

15. Kelvin Hayden
Season Total: 42 attempts, 6.21 YPA, 45.24 Forced INC%, 1 TD

16. Deshea Townsend
Season Total: 30 attempts, 6.00 YPA, 40.00 Forced INC%, 0 TDs

17. Richard Marshall
Season Total: 34 attempts, 4.53 YPA, 32.35 Forced INC%, 1 TD

18. Asante Samuel
Season Total: 71 attempts, 6.45 YPA, 42.25 Forced INC%, 3 TDs

19. Leigh Bodden
Season Total: 75 attempts, 6.84 YPA, 40.00 Forced INC%, 3 TDs

20. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Season Total: 71 attempts, 6.55 YPA, 43.66 Forced INC%, 4 TDs

21. Nick Harper
Season Total: 85 attempts, 5.81 YPA, 38.82 Forced INC%, 2 TDs

22. Cortland Finnegan
Season Total: 78 attempts, 7.56 YPA, 44.87 Forced INC%, 3 TDs

23. Marcus Trufant (NR)
Season Total: 85 attempts, 6.95 YPA, 44.71 Forced INC%, 5 TDs

24. Phillip Buchanon
Season Total: 66 attempts, 7.61 YPA, 30.30 Forced INC%, 2 TDs

25. Jabari Greer
Season Total: 47 attempts, 5.81 YPA, 42.55 Forced INC%, 2 TDs

Those are some damn good stats from the Awesome one. His 2008 season was truly one of the best seasons ever by a cornerback.

And do you see Chris Johnson and Stanford Routt on the list? I told you Donkey fans that they were balling.22. Cortland Finnegan
Season Total: 78 attempts, 7.56 YPA, 44.87 Forced INC%, 3 TDs

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Footballs outsiders have 26 passes charted against Asomugha last season

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2009/return-al-harris

Nnamdi Asomugha may not end up with the best charting stats, but his target numbers are just plain sick. Compare Asomugha to the other players on this list with a low number of charted passes. Al Harris, for example, has 38 charted passes, but he only played 12 games. That's 3.2 charted passes per game. Samari Rolle has 4.0 charted passes per game. Asomugha played 15 games this season... which means he has only 1.7 charted passes per game.

Those are shutdown numbers. 1.7 passes throws at Nnamdi a game? The guy is a beast and is a sure HOF.

Gamechanger
05-28-2009, 02:06 AM
And do you see Chris Johnson and Stanford Routt on the list? I told you Donkey fans that they were balling.

Larry Brown was a Super Bowl MVP and he was ballin beside Deion Sanders

wheres your point?

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 02:10 AM
Are you trying to say Nnamdi makes Chris Johnson look better?

I'm confused.

Gamechanger
05-28-2009, 02:15 AM
Are you trying to say Nnamdi makes Chris Johnson look better?

I'm confused.

basically

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 02:20 AM
basically

Um Not really.

Because if you look at Deangelo Hall's stats when he was playing next to Asomugha, they were pathetic

In the other half of the season, over in Oakland, DeAngelo Hall has 56 charted passes with 9.0 yards allowed per pass and a 43 percent Success Rate.

Gamechanger
05-28-2009, 02:27 AM
Um Not really.

Because if you look at Deangelo Hall's stats when he was playing next to Asomugha, they were pathetic

get the stars yet? I see someone reaching

Deangelo Hall has been overrated since his years in Atlanta, Steve Smith used to rape him with no vaseline when he lined up against him, and it happened again with Royal in the Monday night opener

any CB who can be compitent and stay on their man will make an impact with Nnamdi on the other side

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 02:36 AM
That's not true. You make it sound like playing across Asomugha is easy to do.

Because playing across a shut down corner like Nnamdi, you will see a lot of balls thrown your way because QB's are afraid to throw to Nnamdi's side.

Chris Johnson held his own. He finished top ten in CB metrics last season, according to the stats I posted. That's pretty damn impressive for a 30 year old journeyman.

sanluis
05-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Asomugha is great ...but I sure as hell am not ready to crown him best of all time. That is crazy talk. Leave that for the end of his career.

Unless you have a link that shows Asomugha stats stack up against the best corners of all time? LOL!!!

Must be hell for Asomugha losing all those games every year.

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 10:55 AM
I remember reading on a blog a while back that Nnamdi's last season was among the best a corner has ever recorded.

His 07 season was amazing, too.

His 06 season, when teams actually threw at him, he had 8 interceptions.

I'm ready to crown him :coffee:

Gamechanger
05-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Nnamdi ain't got shit on me

sincerely, Deion Sanders

sanluis
05-28-2009, 10:58 AM
I remember reading on a blog a while back that Nnamdi's last season was among the best a corner has ever recorded.

His 07 season was amazing, too.

His 06 season, when teams actually threw at him, he had 8 interceptions.

I'm ready to crown him :coffee:

Is that because he and your punter are the only bright spots on an otherwise pathetic team??:confused:

:lol:

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Nnamdi ain't got shit on me

sincerely, Deion Sanders

Nnamdi can actually tackle, unlike Sanders.

Nnamdi Asomugha >>>>>>>>>>>> Deion Sanders.

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 11:20 AM
And btw, it's cute how you Donkey Fans keep high-fiving each other's post and Ish. :lol:

Gamechanger
05-28-2009, 11:20 AM
didn't nnamdi get his 1st pro bowl nod this year?

Gamechanger
05-28-2009, 11:21 AM
And btw, it's cute how you Donkey Fans keep high-fiving each other's post and Ish. :lol:

aww you feel left out, i'll hi-5 yours since you feel that way

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 11:29 AM
didn't nnamdi get his 1st pro bowl nod this year?

Yes, but he should have went in 06 and in o7.

Pro bowls mean squat though. When scrubs like Antonio Cromartie are going to the pro bowl over Nnamdi Asomougha, then you know it's messed up.

Pro bowls or no pro bowls, I still think he's the best ever.

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 11:31 AM
aww you feel left out, i'll hi-5 yours since you feel that way

No I just thought it was cute.

I see people like Northman high fiving people's post, because his scary ass can't post for himself. :lol:

Midnight Blue
05-28-2009, 01:01 PM

Pro bowls mean squat though. When scrubs like Antonio Cromartie are going to the pro bowl over Nnamdi Asomougha, then you know it's messed up.

That is because you are a homer. :coffee:

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 01:07 PM
That is because you are a homer. :coffee:

Not really.

It just seems that way because I am on a Donkey site.

BroncoSojia
05-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Nnamdi can actually tackle, unlike Sanders.

Nnamdi Asomugha >>>>>>>>>>>> Deion Sanders.

http://goodbadandugly2.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fail1.jpg

Lonestar
05-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Not really.

raider joe is that the best you can come up with?

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 02:10 PM
raider joe is that the best you can come up with?

The hell is Raider Joe?

sanluis
05-28-2009, 02:23 PM

Wow!! don't hate on Crow when his peers and coaches voted him in after playing against him. Hate on the voters not the record setting player !!!

:D

sanluis
05-28-2009, 02:24 PM
The hell is Raider Joe?

your mama?:confused:

:lol::lol::lol:

Midnight Blue
05-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Not really.

It doesn't matter where you are. Only a Raider homer would make the statement that Asomugha is the best CB ever. Now, a valid argument could be made by an objective football fan that "he has the potential to eventually be" the best ever... but the verb tense you used indicates that you think he already has attained that status and very few unbiased observers would possibly perceive it that way. Nope... you're a blind homer if you think that.

Lonestar
05-28-2009, 02:32 PM
he got it from madden 10 they rated him the best.. what an endorsement..

that was why he did not want to share a link

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Well, I guess I'm a homer then.

Because I truly believe Nnamdi is the best there ever was.

You don't put up stats like he has the last three seasons, and not be mentioned among the greats.

sanluis
05-28-2009, 02:38 PM

Is Asomugha > Lester Hayes??

Been a Turd fan very long?:confused:

In 1980 Hayes led the NFL with 13 interceptions and was named AP Defensive Player of the Year and the NEA Defensive Player of the Year. He retired after the 1986 season with a total of 39 interceptions, a Raider record shared with Hall of Famer Willie Brown. He was eligible for enshrinement in the Professional Football Hall of Fame, and in 2007 was chosen amongst 26 semi-finalists.

:listen:
Is Asomugha greater than Hall of Famer Willie Brown:confused:

Hell no , not yet. You do these guys a disservice spiting BS like ASOMUGHA is the best ever. Is he on his way...sure . But the road is long and he has a ways to go oak.

Midnight Blue
05-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, I guess I'm a homer then.

Because I truly believe Nnamdi is the best there ever was.

You don't put up stats like he has the last three seasons, and not be mentioned among the greats.

Tell that to TD. He put up fantastic stats in his short career and from the perspective of opening day 1999, he certainly looked like a lock for the HOF. Unfortunately, he tore his ACL and now is borderline, although I believe if Gale Sayers is in, TD should be. But his situation illustrates why it's wise to wait until the twilight of a player's career before crowning them the GOAT.

BroncoSojia
05-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Is Asomugha > Lester Hayes??

Been a Turd fan very long?:confused:

:listen:
Is Asomugha greater than Hall of Famer Willie Brown:confused:

Hell no , not yet. You do these guys a disservice spiting BS like ASOMUGHA is the best ever. Is he on his way...sure . But the road is long and he has a ways to go oak.

Michael Haynes was a pretty good CB for them as well.

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 02:50 PM
You guys are not going to change my mind, :lol:

Nnamdi is GOAT.

Think about that the next time you see him play.

Lonestar
05-28-2009, 02:55 PM

Nnamdi is GOAT.

are you his sister or mother.. no one could have the much love for that guy without beign related..

Midnight Blue
05-28-2009, 02:57 PM

Nnamdi is GOAT.

... which would be Monday Night football (9/14) hosting the Boltz. You'll be underdogs; the only question remaining is "by how much"? I'd chalk that one into the "L" column along with the results of the last 8 or 9 Raider-Bolt matchups.

sanluis
05-28-2009, 02:59 PM

Nnamdi is GOAT.

Back to topic...... :shocked:

I'd take Jammer, Crow and Antoine Cason with the Chargers Pass rush over any other set of Corners in the AFC west. They are tall, fast and physical ball hawks that return picks for six.

:focus:

sanluis
05-28-2009, 03:01 PM
... which would be Monday Night football (9/14) hosting the Boltz. You'll be underdogs; the only question remaining is "by how much"? I'd chalk that one into the "L" column along with the results of the last 8 or 9 Raider-Bolt matchups.

11 .... but who's counting. :D

Midnight Blue
05-28-2009, 03:04 PM
11 .... but who's counting. :D

My bad. The correct number is 11... and after looking it up, I was going to correct myself, but you beat me to it. :D

One has to go all the way back to September 28, 2003 to find a Raider win over the Bolts. Our new friend was probably still in elementary school.....

Lonestar
05-28-2009, 03:15 PM
My bad. The correct number is 11... and after looking it up, I was going to correct myself, but you beat me to it. :D

One has to go all the way back to September 28, 2003 to find a Raider win over the Bolts. Our new road kill was probably still in elementary school.....

edited for accuracy

Midnight Blue
05-28-2009, 03:19 PM
edited for accuracy

:D :beer:

So.... OaklandRaider.... just how impressed are we supposed to be with Asomugha in that upcoming loss?

MOtorboat
05-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Back to topic...... :shocked:

I'd take Jammer, Crow and Antoine Cason with the Chargers Pass rush over any other set of Corners in the AFC west. They are tall, fast and physical ball hawks that return picks for six.

:focus:

But, but, but, Asomugha has 10 picks in 6 years...

:elefant:

Lonestar
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
But, but, but, Asomugha has 10 picks in 6 years...

:elefant:

but but but that is because he is on a crappy team or he'd have at least 10 a year..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

sanluis
05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Raiders give up ~160 yards a game on the ground.... I wonder why the corners weren't thrown at very much?? :confused:

Oh well....it must be because they are so good:lol:

LMAO!!!! :lol:

NorthernLights
05-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Raiders give up ~160 yards a game on the ground.... I wonder why the corners weren't thrown at very much?? :confused:

Oh well....it must be because they are so good:lol:

LMAO!!!! :lol:

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing. Over the last 3 years, the Raiders have been ranked 25th (2006), and 31st (07 & 08) against the rush.

Lonestar
05-28-2009, 06:04 PM
You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing. Over the last 3 years, the Raiders have been ranked 25th (2006), and 31st (07 & 08) against the rush.

:salute:
guess that is the reason no one throws at the GOAT.. when you can run you do not have to pass..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

MOtorboat
05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
guess that is the reason no one throws at the GOAT.. when you can run you do not have to pass..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

GOAT's don't take three years to even get on the field...for the worst team in football...

EMB6903
05-28-2009, 08:42 PM

Asomugha's 2008 stats

2-3 seasons doesnt make somebody the greatest of alltime.... you are just disrespecting the darrell greens, Deion Sanders, and yes the Champ Baileys of the league.

Asomugha is a great CB... the best in the league currently.. Elite status, but a few great years doesnt put you in the conversation with the greatest of alltime.

that being said if we are talking CB's in there prime I'd say Champ was easily better than Nmandi Asomugha... Much better ballhawk, Better in coverage, and a lot better against the run the only thing Asomugha has on Champ is press coverage.... And dont respond with some BS excuse saying the reason why Asomugha doesnt get any INT's is because QB's stay away from him

Champ was Thrown to 38 times in 2006 and had 10 ints (thats as many as Nmandi's career INT mark) also having 11 passes knocked down, thats as dominant as they get.

Not to mention he had 22 ints in a 3 year span from 2004-2006

Champ= IMO the greatest ever, dominated both against the run and in pass coverage in an era where CB's arent allowed to do shit.. and unlike Asomugha Champs been doing it his entire career... not just the last 3 years.

Lonestar
05-28-2009, 08:51 PM
2-3 seasons doesnt make somebody the greatest of alltime.... you are just disrespecting the darrell greens, Deion Sanders, and yes the Champ Baileys of the league.

Asomugha is a great CB... the best in the league currently.. Elite status, but a few great years doesnt put you in the conversation with the greatest of alltime.

that being said if we are talking CB's in there prime I'd say Champ was easily better than Nmandi Asomugha... Much better ballhawk, Better in coverage, and a lot better against the run the only thing Asomugha has on Champ is press coverage.... And dont respond with some BS excuse saying the reason why Asomugha doesnt get any INT's is because QB's stay away from him

Champ was Thrown to 38 times in 2006 and had 10 ints (thats as many as Nmandi's career INT mark) also having 11 passes knocked down, thats as dominant as they get.

Not to mention he had 22 ints in a 3 year span from 2004-2006

Champ= IMO the greatest ever, dominated both against the run and in pass coverage in an era where CB's arent allowed to do shit.. and unlike Asomugha Champs been doing it his entire career... not just the last 3 years.

outstanding post.. :salute:

I can't see anything there that mc raider can say to counter that..:D

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 09:09 PM
"He is the most underrated football player in the history of the game," Shanahan said of Asomugha. "I can't believe this guy hasn't been to the Pro Bowl or people don't talk about him all the time. He is off the charts and as good as it gets. He doesn't get the attention for the way he plays consistently. He is the most underrated football player that I have ever seen in my coaching career."

GOAT :cool:

Lonestar
05-28-2009, 09:19 PM

your now quoting a denver restaurateur, wow that is really adding alot to your argument..

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahavahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !

T.K.O.
05-28-2009, 09:45 PM

and yet they lose 80% of their games?
OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OaklandRaider
05-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Nnamdi asomugha > Chuck Norris

MOtorboat
05-28-2009, 09:54 PM

Apparently, you have an extreme reading comprehension problem. Special ed isn't doing you much help.

"Most under-rated."

"Best of all time."

Do you understand the difference between these two sayings?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the greatest players of all time didn't have to wait until they were 25. The greatest players of all time didn't toil for six years before "breaking out." And most importantly the greatest players of all time certainly intercepted more than 10 passes in six NFL seasons.

MOtorboat
05-28-2009, 09:57 PM
BTW, in those six seasons, Champ Bailey has 27 INTs...and 3 TDs...while you're boy has been sitting his ass on the bench.

Weak sauce, as usual, junior.

MOtorboat
05-28-2009, 10:27 PM
You know what, I'm really sick of this moron...so, let's do some analysis...

Champ Bailey. Top CB. Not the best of all time (could be, but not now).

First six years:

Age G GS Sck INT Yds TD Lng PD Tkl Ast
2004 21 16 16 1 5 55 1 59 0 61 5
2003 22 16 16 0 5 48 0 48 0 52 5
2002 23 16 16 0 3 17 0 12 18 49 2
2001 24 16 16 0 3 2 0 2 24 62 6
2000 25 16 16 0 2 2 0 2 9 68 4
1999 26 16 16 0 3 0 0 0 12 68 13
96 96 1 21 124 1 123 63 360 35

Nnamdi Asomugha first six years:

2003 22 15 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 20 8
2004 23 16 7 1 0 0 0 0 3 37 8
2005 24 16 16 0 0 0 0 0 14 55 6
2006 25 15 15 1 8 59 1 24 19 48 2
2007 26 15 15 0 1 10 0 10 7 32 2
2008 27 15 15 0 1 0 0 0 9 33 7
92 69 2 10 69 1 34 52 225 33

16 starts in 2006, 0 INTs and only 14 deflections? Well, I guess he did have a career-high 55 tackles. But, then of course, Champ AVERAGES 60 a year for his first 6 years...

Oh, but 2006, he had 8 INTs and all of 48 tackles...what a stud.

LMAO!

Gamechanger
05-28-2009, 10:30 PM
You know what, I'm really sick of this moron...so, let's do some analysis...

Champ Bailey. Top CB. Not the best of all time (could be, but not now).

First six years:

2004 21 16 16 1 5 55 1 59 0 61 5
2003 22 16 16 0 5 48 0 48 0 52 5
2002 23 16 16 0 3 17 0 12 18 49 2
2001 24 16 16 0 3 2 0 2 24 62 6
2000 25 16 16 0 2 2 0 2 9 68 4
1999 26 16 16 0 3 0 0 0 12 68 13
96 96 1 21 124 1 123 63 360 35

Nnamdi Asomugha first six years:

2003 22 15 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 20 8
2004 23 16 7 1 0 0 0 0 3 37 8
2005 24 16 16 0 0 0 0 0 14 55 6
2006 25 15 15 1 8 59 1 24 19 48 2
2007 26 15 15 0 1 10 0 10 7 32 2
2008 27 15 15 0 1 0 0 0 9 33 7
92 69 2 10 69 1 34 52 225 33

16 starts in 2006, 0 INTs and only 14 deflections? Well, I guess he did have a career-high 55 tackles. But, then of course, Champ AVERAGES 60 a year for his first 6 years...

Oh, but 2006, he had 8 INTs and all of 48 tackles...what a stud.

LMAO!

in a sense he just said

http://i30.tinypic.com/f0rgk6.jpg

OaklandRaider
05-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Apparently, you have an extreme reading comprehension problem. Special ed isn't doing you much help.

"Most under-rated."

"Best of all time."

Do you understand the difference between these two sayings?

Did you really expect Shanahan to call him the GOAT a week prior to playing him? Um, no. That article is just to show that even your former coach knows what's up.

Your dumbass, on the other hand, you like to judge cornerbacks off of INT and tackle stats. By going off your logic (which you have a limited amount, if any) Antonio Cromartie had one of the best seasons in 07 :lol:

You're a moron.

The greatest players of all time didn't toil for six years before "breaking out." And most importantly the greatest players of all time certainly intercepted more than 10 passes in six NFL seasons.

Actually, Nnamdi had his breakout season back in 06 when he had 8 interceptions. That's when teams actually tested him.

Now they don't. I posted stats that showed that Nnamdi only gets thrown at an average of 1.7 per game. You never replied to those stats btw. I wonder why? :confused: Owned?

Those are HOF numbers. Those are GOAT numbers. He is still in his prime and will produce at least four more GREAT seasons. Just get over yourself Donk, Champ Bailey can't hold Asomugha's jock. Hell these days, Champ Bailey can't even hold Chris Johnson's jock :lol:

He's old, injury prone, and he gets targeted as much as Dre Bly. He will be a garbage player next year, along with the rest of your suck ass team.

Owned :coffee:

Gamechanger
05-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Did you really expect Shanahan to call him the GOAT a week prior to playing him? Um, no. That article is just to show that even your former coach knows what's up.

Your dumbass, on the other hand, you like to judge cornerbacks off of INT and tackle stats. By going off your logic (which you have a limited amount, if any) Antonio Cromartie had one of the best seasons in 07 :lol:

You're a moron.

Actually, Nnamdi had his breakout season back in 06 when he had 8 interceptions. That's when teams actually tested him.

Now they don't. I posted stats that showed that Nnamdi only gets thrown at an average of 1.7 per game. You never replied to those stats btw. I wonder why? :confused: Owned?

Those are HOF numbers. Those are GOAT numbers. He is still in his prime and will produce at least four more GREAT seasons. Just get over yourself Donk, Champ Bailey can't hold Asomugha's jock. Hell these days, Champ Bailey can't even hold Chris Johnson's jock :lol:

He's old, injury prone, and he gets targeted as much as Dre Bly. He will be a garbage player next year, along with the rest of your suck ass team.

http://i43.tinypic.com/mvjo7n.jpg

Poor Lil' Tink Tink

Lonestar
05-29-2009, 01:28 AM

FWIW worth is is called blowing smoke up his ass or in older circles PSYCH.

JHC even an old guy like me knows this..

speak about who's the moron..

Midnight Blue
05-29-2009, 02:35 AM

You're a moron.

But will your team... even with Asomugha... win more than 5 games this upcoming year? They haven't yet in his entire NFL career... and given the tough schedule, I sincerely doubt it. Most players who are ever considered Greatest of All Time... their teams win more games than they lose. Just sayin'. :coffee:

Oh. OWNED.

OaklandRaider
05-29-2009, 09:38 AM
But will your team... even with Asomugha... win more than 5 games this upcoming year? They haven't yet in his entire NFL career... and given the tough schedule, I sincerely doubt it. Most players who are ever considered Greatest of All Time... their teams win more games than they lose. Just sayin'. :coffee:

Oh. OWNED.

Nnamdi Asomugha plays CB. As good as Nnamdi is, he cannot will an entire team to victory on his back. If he was a QB, then maybe you'd have an argument.

But obviously Nnamdi wanted to come back to Oakland, which is why he resigned. He recognizes the talent we have on this team and wanted to be apart of this great, young team we have.

At the very LEAST the Raiders win 8 games next year. At the very least.

And btw Midnight Blue. If you are going to jock me and steal my word "Owned" then at least use it right. You NEVER use the word right, so everytime you use it it just looks tacky and cheesy. :coffee:

Owned.

MOtorboat
05-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Nnamdi Asomugha plays CB. As good as Nnamdi is, he cannot will an entire team to victory on his back. If he was a QB, then maybe you'd have an argument.

But obviously Nnamdi wanted to come back to Oakland, which is why he resigned. He recognizes the talent we have on this team and wanted to be apart of this great, young team we have.

And btw Midnight Blue. If you are going to jock me and steal my word "Owned" then at least use it right. You NEVER use the word right, so everytime you use it it just looks tacky and cheesy. :coffee:

Owned.

You must have not watched the 2005 season of Denver, because it was Champ Bailey and John Lynch that willed that team to the AFC Championship Game.

"great, young team"

You're joking, right?

OaklandRaider
05-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Nope.

MOtorboat
05-29-2009, 10:13 AM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/mixtli_bucket/ruSerious.jpg

Midnight Blue
05-29-2009, 03:44 PM

Owned.

And Jerry Rice was a WR. Regardless of his stats, do you really believe he'd be generally regarded as the GOAT if his teams had suffered double-digit losses in every one of his first six seasons and never went to... much less won... a SB? Dream on.

The Raiders haven't won more than 5 games since 2002. That isn't likely to change. They will lose twice to San Diego... do no better than a split against the Broncos and Chiefs. They won't beat the Steelers or Ravens... nor the Giants, Cowpies, Eagles, or Redskins. That's 10 losses right there...

I'm not "jocking" your use of the word "owned"; I'm "mocking" it. And I can do that any way I choose, thank you very much. :coffee:

(if you expect to be able to dictate how a word is used, perhaps you need to put a ™ a © or a ® after it... ) :rolleyes:

Midnight Blue
05-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Oh, I forgot.

OWNED ™

MOtorboat
05-29-2009, 03:52 PM
The Raiders haven't won more than 5 games since 2002. That isn't likely to change. They will lose twice to San Diego... do no better than a split against the Broncos and Chiefs. They won't beat the Steelers or Ravens... nor the Giants, Cowpies, Eagles, or Redskins. That's 10 losses right there...

They are a great, young team, Blue. A great, young team. Jamarcus Russell has more talent than any other quarterback and is going to have a HUGE year, and drafting a safety that wasn't even on the board was brilliant because he's going to be an All-Pro safety (***cough***Michael Huff***cough***) in his first year as a Pro. And how can you not like passing on Michael Crabtree for Darius Heyward-Bey?

Midnight Blue
05-29-2009, 04:00 PM
They are a great, young team, Blue. A great, young team. Jamarcus Russell has more talent than any other quarterback and is going to have a HUGE year, and drafting a safety that wasn't even on the board was brilliant because he's going to be an All-Pro safety (***cough***Michael Huff***cough***) in his first year as a Pro. And how can you not like passing on Michael Crabtree for Darius Heyward-Bey?

You forgot to mention that Nnamdi is the greatest CB to ever walk onto a football field.... :D And that they have the best punter in the division... :lol:

Gamechanger
05-29-2009, 04:01 PM
forgot something

http://www.mathewingram.com/work/wp-content/uploads/myspace-owned.jpg

Midnight Blue
05-29-2009, 04:04 PM
forgot something

http://www.mathewingram.com/work/wp-content/uploads/myspace-owned.jpg

You're right!

OWNED ©

MOtorboat
05-29-2009, 04:06 PM
And that they have the best punter in the division... :lol:

Now that you bring it up...they don't even have the best punter in this division, let alone the NFL.

Dustin Colquitt.

OaklandRaider
05-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Shane Lechler = GOAT

Check the stats

Lonestar
05-29-2009, 04:39 PM
And Jerry Rice was a WR. Regardless of his stats, do you really believe he'd be generally regarded as the GOAT if his teams had suffered double-digit losses in every one of his first six seasons and never went to... much less won... a SB? Dream on.

I'm not "jocking" your use of the word "owned"; I'm "mocking" it. And I can do that any way I choose, thank you very much. :coffee:

(if you expect to be able to dictate how a word is used, perhaps you need to put a ™ a © or a ® after it... ) :rolleyes:

a beat down by a Lady what must this clown feel like now.. what a maroon..

OaklandRaider
05-29-2009, 04:48 PM

a beat down by a Lady what must this clown feel like now.. what a maroon..

L.M.A.O

The next time you try to insult my intelligence, at least spell the word right.

/YouOwnedYourself.

Lonestar
05-29-2009, 04:51 PM
L.M.A.O

The next time you try to insult my intelligence, at least spell the word right.

/YouOwnedYourself.

I have been spelling that way forever since Roger Rabbit coined it.. thought it even more precise for you.. since it came from a cartoon...

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahaha

OaklandRaider
05-29-2009, 04:55 PM
I have been spelling that way forever since Roger Rabbit coined it.. thought it even more precise for you.. since it came from a cartoon...

LOL. Now you're trying to play it off. :lol:

You got caught. Try a lil bit harder next time, and maybe JUST maybe I will take you more seriously the next time.

PS, I don't even watch cartoons so you Fail again.

Lonestar
05-29-2009, 05:00 PM
LOL. Now you're trying to play it off. :lol:

You got caught. Try a lil bit harder next time, and maybe JUST maybe I will take you more seriously the next time.

PS, I don't even watch cartoons so you Fail again.

do a search on it moron and you will see how often I have used it..

What a maroon..

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

this is just in broncos talk

http://broncosforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1009895

OaklandRaider
05-29-2009, 05:04 PM
You're spelling the word wrong. I hope you know that.

Devilspawn
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM

That was actually Bugs Bunny, not Roger Rabbit.

Carry on...

NorthernLights
05-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Shane Lechler = GOAT

Check the stats

I give everyone permission to punch me in the face if I ever come around here and start bragging on my punter. :boxing:

OaklandRaider
05-30-2009, 03:10 PM
I give everyone permission to punch me in the face if I ever come around here and start bragging on my punter. :boxing:

You're a charger fan. People don't need permission to punch you bottom feeders in the face.

Owned.

silkamilkamonico
05-30-2009, 03:15 PM
I give everyone permission to punch me in the face if I ever come around here and start bragging on my punter.

When the punter is all you got, you would be bragging too. I hear he might play some QB this year.

Lonestar
05-30-2009, 03:27 PM
When the punter is all you got, you would be bragging too. I hear he might play some QB this year.

he probably won as many games for them as the big fat guy did.. or all the speed on the team does..

What a Maroon!!!!!!!

OaklandRaider
05-30-2009, 03:31 PM
What a Maroon!!!!!!!

Sigh.....

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2241/facepalm2ic7copyrl2.jpg

Lonestar
05-30-2009, 03:41 PM
blah

blah

blah

blah

blah..

what a maroon...

MOtorboat
05-30-2009, 03:57 PM
You're a charger fan. People don't need permission to punch you bottom feeders in the face.

Owned.

What we have here, folks, is someone who doesn't live in reality.

NorthernLights
05-30-2009, 03:58 PM

Owned.

Every time this guys posts, I get a mental image of Flounder when he first walks into Delta house and comes up to the guys at the table as says "You guys playing cards?"

Everyone just stops and looks at him, not saying a word, nor needing to and just go back to what they were doing.

OaklandRaider
05-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Every time this guys posts, I get a mental image of Flounder when he first walks into Delta house and comes up to the guys at the table as says "You guys playing cards?"

Everyone just stops and looks at him, not saying a word, nor needing to and just go back to what they were doing.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/GIANTSREAGLEKILLERS/Trophy_Case.jpg

Ask Mama to help dust off your Chargers trophy case, K?

NorthernLights
05-30-2009, 04:27 PM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/GIANTSREAGLEKILLERS/Trophy_Case.jpg

Ask Mama to help dust off your Chargers trophy case, K?

You're right. Looks like someone stole the Chargers 1963 AFL Championship trophy. Better gather up all 8 remaining Raider fans and see which one took it.

OaklandRaider
05-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Do Chargers fans really count their AFL Championships?

How cute and sad at the same time :laugh:

MOtorboat
05-30-2009, 04:33 PM
How about some winning percentages since genius was born...

Denver .596
San Diego .504
Kansas City .496
Oakland .434

NorthernLights
05-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Do Chargers fans really count their AFL Championships?

How cute and sad at the same time :laugh:

Yes, we do.

It's all we've got, so until that changes, we'll be holding on with both hands.

OaklandRaider
05-30-2009, 04:54 PM
^ I suppose.

And when the Chargers finally do win a championship, it will not be tainted.

Unlike the Broncos two championship rings. They cheated the salary cap to win.

Freakin Cheating ass Donkeys

Midnight Blue
05-30-2009, 05:46 PM
^ I suppose.

And when the Chargers finally do win a championship, it will not be tainted.

Unlike the Broncos two championship rings. They cheated the salary cap to win.

Freakin Cheating ass Donkeys

No they didn't. It was a nitpicky technicality related to financing the new stadium... one that gave them no unfair advantage whatsoever.

OaklandRaider
05-30-2009, 06:31 PM
No they didn't. It was a nitpicky technicality related to financing the new stadium... one that gave them no unfair advantage whatsoever.

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night, bro.

Fact is, you cheated and the league fined your team for it.

DonkeyGate.

Benetto
05-30-2009, 06:52 PM

DonkeyGate.

You guys cheat and still don't win shit...Losergate.

Midnight Blue
05-30-2009, 06:53 PM

DonkeyGate.

Nitpicky rules were broken and fines were paid. It was a tempest in a teapot. Much ado about nothing.

MOtorboat
05-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Greatest cornerback of all time.

The best No. 2 corner in the league.

The second-best outside linebacker in the NFL.

A rookie safety that's going to get more than 100 tackles.

A guard that is a top 10 guard.

An all-pro rookie center.

The best young quarterback in the league and one of the best three talents to EVER step on a football field.

The best running back in the league besides Adrian Peterson.

A rookie WR that will probably be a hall of famer.

A backup running back who is a budding star.

The best blocking fullback in the game.

OaklandRaider
05-30-2009, 06:59 PM
You guys cheat and still don't win shit...Losergate.

1 Playoff win Post Elway

ROFLgate

Benetto
05-30-2009, 07:02 PM
1 Playoff win Post Elway

ROFLgate
15 wins in 5 years

ChokeGate

MOtorboat
05-30-2009, 07:02 PM
1 Playoff win Post Elway

ROFLgate

Since you were born.

Broncos .596
Chargers .504
Chiefs .496
Raiders .434

Division Titles
Chargers 6
Broncos 4
Chiefs 4
Raiders 3

Please continue.

slim
05-30-2009, 07:06 PM
LOL at this thread.

MO, you have owned this clown from the start...too funny.

Midnight Blue
05-30-2009, 07:10 PM
1 Playoff win Post Elway

ROFLgate

Last SB win: January 1984 (before you were born). Suit up Plunkett & Biletnikoff.... perhaps they'd to better than your current "future HOF'ers"...

Too funny.

OaklandRaider
05-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Greatest cornerback of all time.

The best No. 2 corner in the league.

The second-best outside linebacker in the NFL.

A rookie safety that's going to get more than 100 tackles.

A guard that is a top 10 guard.

An all-pro rookie center.

The best young quarterback in the league and one of the best three talents to EVER step on a football field.

The best running back in the league besides Adrian Peterson.

A rookie WR that will probably be a hall of famer.

A backup running back who is a budding star.

The best blocking fullback in the game.

You have some of my statements wrong. LOL @ you trying to show out in front of your E-Friends. Let me help you out a little bit, homie.

Never said that McFadden was the second best RB in the league. I said he was probably the second best prospect coming out of college in the last 15 years besides AD.

I said Oren Oneal was ONE of the best blocking FBs in the game.

Samson Satele WAS an all pro as a rookie.

I said DHB would not make the HOF.

I said Chris Johnson, based on metrics, was a top 5 corner last season.

slim
05-30-2009, 07:19 PM
I am glad this guy is here. He is funny.

OaklandRaider
05-30-2009, 07:21 PM
1 Playoff win Post Elway

ROFLgate

Oh and guess what else they did OaklandRaider.

They freaking traded their pro bowl Quarterback!!!

LMAO!!!

Too funny. Dumb ass Donkeys.

Lonestar
05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Nitpicky rules were broken and fines were paid. It was a tempest in a teapot. Much ado about nothing.

IIRC correctly they still have those BACK to BACK Lombardi's in Dove valley correct.. If they cheated for real I'd guess the NFL would have taken them back right?

Also IIRC it was about a clause in Johns contract that had been approved by the NFL.. HMMMMMMMMMMM.. and until al davis whined about it it was much ado about nothing.. unlike the times al davis sued the NFL..

I guess I do not understand suing your self.. DA..

Lonestar
05-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Oh and guess what else they did OaklandRaider.

They freaking traded their pro bowl Quarterback!!!

LMAO!!!

Too funny. Dumb ass Donkeys.

and just how many playoff games have you had since your last super bowl win?

Dumb ass Donkeys is the best you got in smack.. What a MAROON...

BTW when was your last pro bowl QB..

Midnight Blue
05-30-2009, 10:48 PM
and just how many playoff games have you had since your last super bowl win?

Dumb ass Donkeys is the best you got in smack.. What a MAROON...

BTW when was your last pro bowl QB..

Rich Gannon? :confused:

on edit: Yep, it was Gannon. In 2002.

Lonestar
05-31-2009, 12:14 AM
Rich Gannon? :confused:

on edit: Yep, it was Gannon. In 2002.

We have had three since then.. maybe two greasy, Jake and jay.. for that matter we have had several winning seasons also since then unlike the maroon..

Midnight Blue
05-31-2009, 12:26 AM

We have had three since then.. maybe two greasy, Jake and jay.. for that matter we have had several winning seasons also since then unlike the maroon..

Six seasons is a long stretch of consecutive double-digit loss totals...

Lonestar
05-31-2009, 12:36 AM
Six seasons is a long stretch of consecutive double-digit loss totals...

but the Maroon does not get it like raider Joe did not blinded by the eternal hope al would pull a rabbit out of his hat..

al davis is a joke and has been for almost ever. Since he cut mike loose almost 20 years ago that franchise has floundered. Then he hired a unknown coach name John and it flourished for a couple of years until al had to undermine him also..

now self respecting coaches will no longer even interview with that ONCE proud NFL team.. they have to resort to hiring second and maybe even third tier candidates.. they have been drafting in the cellar for so long they have more talent than they know what to do with.. it is a real shame what that senile old MORON davis has done to the team..

Midnight Blue
05-31-2009, 01:37 AM
but the Maroon does not get it like raider Joe did not blinded by the eternal hope al would pull a rabbit out of his hat..

al davis is a joke and has been for almost ever. Since he cut mike loose almost 20 years ago that franchise has floundered. Then he hired a unknown coach name John and it flourished for a couple of years until al had to undermine him also..

now self respecting coaches will no longer even interview with that ONCE proud NFL team.. they have to resort to hiring second and maybe even third tier candidates.. they have been drafting in the cellar for so long they have more talent than they know what to do with.. it is a real shame what that senile old MORON davis has done to the team..

In recent years, Al has made more unwise decisions than wise ones. Which is why I hope he lives to be 100... :D

Lonestar
05-31-2009, 04:09 AM
In recent years, Al has made more unwise decisions than wise ones. Which is why I hope he lives to be 100... :D

I'm not sure he has made ANY wise personnel decisions in almost a decade..

other than hiring Gruden but trading him canceled that out.. a senile MORON..

Midnight Blue
05-31-2009, 04:13 AM
I'm not sure he has made ANY wise personnel decisions in almost a decade..

other than hiring Gruden but trading him canceled that out.. a senile MORON..

Yep... whatta maroon.... :D

OaklandRaider
05-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Broncos fans like to talk shit about how the Raiders have sucked these past 6 years. Let me set ya'll straight for a minute.

But do you realize that your team has not had a winning season in 3 years?

Do you realize that your team has only won ONE playoff game, since Elway's horse-looking ass retired?

Do you realize that your team has only won ONE division title this decade?

Do you realize that everybody and they momma's is picking the Broncos to finish last in the division next season

Do you realize that your current team has the LEAST amount of talent/potential in the AFC West, possibly the entire NFL?

Do you realize that even though the Raiders have sucked ass these past 6 years, they are still up by double digits in the all-time Win/loss record? That's domination

But I guess you retarded ass Donkey fans don't realize this. You guys act like you're the freaking Patriots or something :pound:

NEWFLASH! Your team is terrible. Your city is a piece of shit. Your coach is a adolescent spy. Your owner is a yes-man. Your franchise QB is in Chicago. Your star WR is currently in a holdout. Your team is currently going through the worst off season of all time.

The only thing that could lift you Donkey fans up was the Nuggets. And guess what? They got OWNED.

Lmao. I don't make this stuff up, I just report it. Donkey fans need to realize that it's only about to get worse from now on. This is just the beginning

Owned.

MOtorboat
05-31-2009, 10:22 AM
Broncos fans like to talk shit about how the Raiders have sucked these past 6 years. Let me set ya'll straight for a minute.

You're on our web site, dip shit.

Go look at those records again.

Do you realize that your team has only won ONE playoff game, since Elway's horse-looking ass retired?

Guilty as charged. And you've only had two.

As does yours.

Do you realize that everybody and they momma's is picking the Broncos to finish last in the division next season

Nope.

Do you realize that your current team has the LEAST amount of talent/potential in the AFC West, possibly the entire NFL?

lol, ok, um, not. First of all, you think WAY too highly of every player in a Raider uniform, and um, have you looked at the Chiefs' roster. As far as the entire NFL...there were 11 teams worse than us last year, including yours, so whatever.

Do you realize that even though the Raiders have sucked ass these past 6 years, they are still up by double digits in the all-time Win/loss record? That's domination

Not that you'd remember that or anything...

But I guess you retarded ass Donkey fans don't realize this. You guys act like you're the freaking Patriots or something :pound:

Again, you came to OUR web site to talk shit.

NEWFLASH! Your team is terrible. Your city is a piece of shit. Your coach is a adolescent spy. Your owner is a yes-man. Your franchise QB is in Chicago. Your star WR is currently in a holdout. Your team is currently going through the worst off season of all time.

From an Oakland fan...wow...just wow.

The only thing that could lift you Donkey fans up was the Nuggets. And guess what? They got OWNED.

Yeah, what a disgrace...reaching the Finals and taking Kobe Bryant the best player of his generation to six games...wow, how could I ever live with myself, ever again.

drewloc
05-31-2009, 11:17 AM

Lmao. I don't make this stuff up, I just report it. Donkey fans need to realize that it's only about to get worse from now on. This is just the beginning

Owned.

Report it from where? Nobody is predicting the Faiders will be better than the broncos, except homers.

ESPN
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2009&week=0

Fox Sports
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&brand=foxsports&vid=6994c318-5094-47d6-920b-8f011f61be7c

Bleacher Report
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/174921-the-2009-afc-west-previews-and-predictions#page/4

Midnight Blue
05-31-2009, 01:14 PM

Fact-checking isn't your strong point, is it? And are you really sure you wanna go there in the first place?

In the last 3 years, the Broncos have won 24 games. The Raiders have won 11...

So your point is that it isn't easy to replace a HOF QB. No shit, Sherlock....

Yes, we realize that San Diego, with a lot of talent on their roster, has dominated this division in recent years. But the Broncos (unlike the Raiders) have beaten the Chargers more recently than September 2003.

No, we don't realize that. Because it isn't true.

No, we don't realize that either... because likewise, it isn't true.

Which only means that the Raiders dominated the Broncos like 30-40 years ago... perhaps before your Dad was born.

Owned.

Blah, blah, blah. Who cares about that crapola? The Nuggets' season has absolutely zilch to do with the Broncos anyway.

OWNED!!! ©

OaklandRaider
05-31-2009, 01:35 PM
You're on our web site, dip shit.

I know that, dumb ass.

Go look at those records again.

Oh yeah, you're right. You finished with a 9-7 record in 2006. Still missed the playoffs though, LMAO!

Guilty as charged. And you've only had two.

Fail. Off the top of my head I can count 4 playoff victories for the Raiders this decade.

Check your shit next time, Mr. Fail.

As does yours.

Once again, YOU FAIL!

From 2000-2002 the Raiders won 3 straight divisional titles.

Check your shit next time. :salute:

Nope.

Well then, you better recognize.

lol, ok, um, not. First of all, you think WAY too highly of every player in a Raider uniform, and um, have you looked at the Chiefs' roster. As far as the entire NFL...there were 11 teams worse than us last year, including yours, so whatever.

The Chiefs roster > Denver's roster.

Your team is loaded with low potential guys and a bunch of old veterans. Like I previously said, I can only count 4 players on your pathetic roster that I would consider to be good.

Not that you'd remember that or anything...

Stats are stats. Your team isn't even CLOSE to touching Oakland in the series W/L record.

Just deal with it.

Again, you came to OUR web site to talk shit.

Again dumb ass, I know that. You Donkey fans should still know your place, though. You should know that your team is most likely headed in the wrong direction.

From an Oakland fan...wow...just wow.

I stated all facts. Notice that you didn't have anything to refute what I said. Cause you know it's all true.

Yeah, what a disgrace...reaching the Finals and taking Kobe Bryant the best player of his generation to six games...wow, how could I ever live with myself, ever again.

You still LOST. LMAO, there are no moral victories Mr Fail.

And Lebron > Kobe

Try harder next time, K?

Owned.

MOtorboat
05-31-2009, 01:52 PM
I know that, dumb ass.

Then don't come in here talking shit and whining about us talking shit and not expect to get called on that pathetic smack.

Oh yeah, you're right. You finished with a 9-7 record in 2006. Still missed the playoffs though, LMAO!

11 wins, 5 seasons. Awesomeness at its best. Just win baby!

Fail. Off the top of my head I can count 4 playoff victories for the Raiders this decade.

Check your shit next time, Mr. Fail.

My bad, that's when I was in college, so I just pretty much forget about all that. I do remember 48-21.

Well then, you better recognize.

Do you have any sources to back this up, or are you still talking out of your ass? Is this going to be like last time when I had to ask you four times while I waited for you to google-search something that said Nnamdi was the best cornerback?

The Chiefs roster > Denver's roster.

Your team is loaded with low potential guys and a bunch of old veterans. Like I previously said, I can only count 4 players on your pathetic roster that I would consider to be good.

I think we've definitively proven that your talent evaluation is lacking.

Stats are stats. Your team isn't even CLOSE to touching Oakland in the series W/L record.

Just deal with it.

Yes, stats are stats, and I can manipulate stats too.

Since you were born:
Denver .596
San Diego .504
Kansas City .496
Oakland .434

Again dumb ass, I know that. You Donkey fans should still know your place, though. You should know that your team is most likely headed in the wrong direction.

Know our place? That's funny.

I stated all facts. Notice that you didn't have anything to refute what I said. Cause you know it's all true

What's true? That you're a Raider homer? What facts are you talking about?

You still LOST. LMAO, there are no moral victories Mr Fail.

And Lebron > Kobe

Try harder next time, K?

Owned.

Where was Golden State, you know the Oakland team? Or do you just pick and choose which Cali teams to root for?

OaklandRaider
06-04-2009, 10:21 AM
a bigger, stronger deion sanders

goat

OaklandRaider
06-06-2009, 07:08 AM
So I think we all can agree that the Raiders have the best corners in the AFC? Seriously, No Homer.

Nnamdi Asomugha - Nuff said.

Chris Johnson - Top 5 in CB metrics

Stanford Routt - Top 15 in CB metrics

It's a wrap.

Midnight Blue
06-06-2009, 04:50 PM
So I think we all can agree that the Raiders have the best corners in the AFC? Seriously, No Homer.

It's a wrap.

... and still no more wins than one can count on the fingers of one hand. :lol:

BoltsOwnU
06-06-2009, 08:13 PM

It's a wrap.

Pipedream.

Jammer, Cromartie and Cason. Get real.

Asomugha is great to be sure, but if it is about all three, the Bolts have to take it. Especially if Cro returns to his form pre-injury.

Benetto
06-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Pipedream.

Asomugha is great to be sure, but if it is about all three, the Bolts have to take it. Especially if Cro returns to his form pre-injury.

I would have to agree...Jammer and Cromartie in itself is a deadly duo for QB's when they are both playing healthy and at full speed....Although last year, your pass defense was dismal at best...

Lonestar
06-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I would have to agree...Jammer and Cromartie in itself is a deadly duo for QB's when they are both playing healthy and at full speed....Although last year, your pass defense was dismal at best...

alot of that was Merriman not being there and injuries..

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Pipedream.

Sorry Dolt.

Antonio Cromartie was statstically the worst cornerback in the AFC last year.

Quentin Jammer is good, but let's be honest, he is not even on the same planet as Nnamdi.

Cason is a solid player, but so is Stanford Routt.

Timmy!
06-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Sorry Dolt.

Quentin Jammer is good, but let's be honest, he is not even on the same planet as Nnamdi.

You are friggin delusion....then again, you're young and a total idiot.

Nnamdi is good, I will not dispute this...but come on man. Best set of CB's in the AFC? Please. You can't back that up with facts, no matter what kind of "metrics" you post, it can be challenged in some form.

You want cold hard facts, that cannot be disputed, no matter what? OK:

Raiders= WORST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE SINCE 2003. That's a fact. There is nothing you can say to dispute it. It, as they say, is a cold hard fact. Yet, you come in here and run your mouth like you actually have something to be proud of. Nnamdi is the GOAT. Russell is a top 3 all time prosept, blah blah blah friggin bliggity blah. Lets pretend, for one second, that what you say is true. So....what you're saying, is that your piss ant of a franchise has HOF talent, yet they STILL suck more balls than anybody on the planet. Well done dipshit.

*this is where you insert your "OWNED" phrase...if you 1/4 of a brain you'd at least get a cool graphic*

Oh...let me help you out:

*insert avatar attack (sad as it might be), "kimmy" (LMAO, so weak) phrase, other 8th grade BS, etc, here*

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2882/owned9wz.jpg

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 06:15 AM
You are friggin delusion....then again, you're young and a total idiot.

Nnamdi is good, I will not dispute this...but come on man. Best set of CB's in the AFC? Please. You can't back that up with facts, no matter what kind of "metrics" you post, it can be challenged in some form.

I back up my claims all the time. You donkey fans just can't take being owned, so you revert to personal attacks.

So do you agree with the Dolt fan that a trio of Jammer, Cromartie, and Cason is better than Nnamdi, Chris Johnson and Stanford Routt?

You do realize that the Chargers ranked near last in pass defense, right? And you do realize that Antonio Cromartie was the WORST cornerback in the AFC last season, right?

But I'm the homer because I say the Raiders have the better corners, even though all three finished top 15 in CB metrics last season, LOL!

Timmy!
06-07-2009, 06:39 AM
I back up my claims all the time. You donkey fans just can't take being owned, so you revert to personal attacks.

So do you agree with the Dolt fan that a trio of Jammer, Cromartie, and Cason is better than Nnamdi, Chris Johnson and Stanford Routt?

You do realize that the Chargers ranked near last in pass defense, right? And you do realize that Antonio Cromartie was the WORST cornerback in the AFC last season, right?

But I'm the homer because I say the Raiders have the better corners, even though all three finished top 15 in CB metrics last season, LOL!

:tsk:

My post had no personal attacks young one....try sounding the words out again. Saying Cromartie is the worst CB in the AFC is retarded, and you know it....and I can't stand the Chuggers, but let's give respect where it's due, ok?

My POINT was (not that you can figure it out), the Raiders have pretty good corners. The best the in AFC? I doubt you will win that arguement, even among raider fans. But....my POINT was, even if you do have the best corners in the AFC, your team still sucks total, complete, rancid, monkey balls. Once again, a fact you CANNOT ARGUE....simple W's and L's. It's hilarious how you deflect the fact that your sorry ass team is the WOPST team in the league since you grew some pubes (and several years prior). THE WORST. Not bad...not shitty, not pathetic, THE FRIGGIN WORST. /rant.

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 06:44 AM
:tsk:

My post had no personal attacks young one....try sounding the words out again. Saying Cromartie is the worst CB in the AFC is retarded, and you know it....and I can't stand the Chuggers, but let's give respect where it's due, ok?

Statstically, he was the worst. I realized he was hurt, but did you see what Brandon Marshall did to him in week 2?

My POINT was (not that you can figure it out), the Raiders have pretty good corners. The best the in AFC? I doubt you will win that arguement, even among raider fans. But....my POINT was, even if you do have the best corners in the AFC, your team still sucks total, complete, rancid, monkey balls. Once again, a fact you CANNOT ARGUE....simple W's and L's. It's hilarious how you deflect the fact that your sorry ass team is the WOPST team in the league since you grew some pubs. THE WORST. Not bad...not shitty, not pathetic, THE FRIGGIN WORST. /rant.

I acknowledge that the Raiders have sucked these past six years, but what does that have to do with this thread, Kimmy? .

Even though we've sucked, that doesn't change the fact that we have the best trio of corners in the AFC. The Raiders have consistently finished near the top of the league in pass defense.

Timmy!
06-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Statstically, he was the worst. I realized he was hurt, but did you see what Brandon Marshall did to him in week 2?

I acknowledge that the Raiders have sucked these past six years, but what does that have to do with this thread, Kimmy? .

Even though we've sucked, that doesn't change the fact that we have the best trio of corners in the AFC. The Raiders have consistently finished near the top of the league in pass defense.

An intelligent thought? Guess you learned something freshman year, congrats!

The Raider corners do not suck. Congrats? Well done? Unfortunately your TEAM is pathetic. Then again, if my grandma (who is 6 feet under) couldn't run for 100 yards on your teams defense you might have a chance to get more than 6 wins this season.

For the last friggin 5 years I've heard Raider trolls go off on how their team was going to improve. How many top 10 picks does it take? Seriously???? Hell, my best friend is a die hard Raider fan, and even he wanted to bash his skull in. I'm pretty sure he's taken a hit out on Al Davis at this point.

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 06:58 AM
An intelligent thought? Guess you learned something freshman year, congrats!

The Raider corners do not suck. Congrats? Well done? Unfortunately your TEAM is pathetic. Then again, if my grandma (who is 6 feet under) couldn't run for 100 yards on your teams defense you might have a chance to get more than 6 wins this season.

For the last friggin 5 years I've heard Raider trolls go off on how their team was going to improve. How many top 10 picks does it take? Seriously???? Hell, my best friend is a die hard Raider fan, and even he wanted to bash his skull in. I'm pretty sure he's taken a hit out on Al Davis at this point.

It's Al Davis' fault we've sucked. He fires more coaches than anybody and the players we draft don't get to grow in one system. If Jay Cutler were drafted and he's has three different coaches every season, he would suck too.

I'm confident that the Raiders will be a lot better next season.

Our young talent is another year older. Darren McFadden was the youngest player in the NFL last season, he will have another year under his belt. JaMarcus Russell was the youngest starting QB in the NFL last season, he's another year older. Same goes for Michael Bush, Higgins, Henderson, Morrison, Howard, Miller etc etc.

And the fact that the players all respect the head coach. This time last season there were rumors that Kiffin was gonna be fired any moment now. With Cable, you don't hear any of that.

Tom Cable is a butt kisser, so I'm sure Al Davis will like him a lot.

But even if we do still suck next season, we will at least be better than the Donkeys. You guys are screwed.

Timmy!
06-07-2009, 07:32 AM
It's Al Davis' fault we've sucked. He fires more coaches than anybody and the players we draft don't get to grow in one system. If Jay Cutler were drafted and he's has three different coaches every season, he would suck too.

I'm confident that the Raiders will be a lot better next season.

Our young talent is another year older. Darren McFadden was the youngest player in the NFL last season, he will have another year under his belt. JaMarcus Russell was the youngest starting QB in the NFL last season, he's another year older. Same goes for Michael Bush, Higgins, Henderson, Morrison, Howard, Miller etc etc.

And the fact that the players all respect the head coach. This time last season there were rumors that Kiffin was gonna be fired any moment now. With Cable, you don't hear any of that.

Tom Cable is a butt kisser, so I'm sure Al Davis will like him a lot.

But even if we do still suck next season, we will at least be better than the Donkeys. You guys are screwed.

Some signs of intelligence?! I'm honestly impressed. Keep it up. Seriously, trolls are actually welcome here if you can stay away from being a total idiot douche.

The Raiders do have young talent, there is no doubt, but it hasn't amounted to a damn thing for a long, long time. As I said, my best friend is die hard silver and black (and man does he despise the Broncos).....but even he is smart enough to know it's going to be a couple years (best case).

You know as well as I Cable is nothing special. He simple kisses he chocolate starfish very well. You gain +1 for knowing Al Davis is the problem. God do I love that guy. I hope he lives to be 120. As far as the Bronco's being screwed. I'm not happy with the Cutler thing, I'd lie if I said I was....BUT, I do think we had a good draft, and I'm willing to see what McKid can do. Shanny sure as hell wasn't producing much. The Broncos will be fine. The main problem was the defense....everybody knows it. Hell, let's be honest. I could put 60 #'d balls into a tumbler (each representing a play) and just pull them out at random and the defense would be better this year than it was last year.

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 01:34 PM
I do think we had a good draft

http://i42.tinypic.com/jgsf0h.jpg

Moreno is slow. Ayers never produced in college, won't in the NFL. Dumb ass move made by trading away your first round pick next year, for a slow, short cornerback who you passed on TWICE already.

Darcel McBath is a special teams player, so is David Bruton. The Broncos already have two good Tight Ends already, why draft another one in the second round? ESPECIALLY when that tight end NEVER produced in college.

Kenny McKinley? A WR? Don't you guys already have Marshall, Royal, Stokely, Chad Jackson, JaBar Gaffney,? Dumb pick. Waisted pick on Brandstater. If McDaniels really thinks he has enough time to sit around and try to develop a QB, he's dumber than I thought. He is on thin ice as it is, why draft a QB? You guys FAILED to address your front 7, which was obviously your biggest weakness last year.

Don't kid yourself, bro. You had a horrible draft.

Owned.

Midnight Blue
06-07-2009, 02:01 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/jgsf0h.jpg

Moreno is slow. Ayers never produced in college, won't in the NFL. Dumb ass move made by trading away your first round pick next year, for a slow, short cornerback who you passed on TWICE already.

Darcel McBath is a special teams player, so is David Bruton. The Broncos already have two good Tight Ends already, why draft another one in the second round? ESPECIALLY when that tight end NEVER produced in college.

Kenny McKinley? A WR? Don't you guys already have Marshall, Royal, Stokely, Chad Jackson, JaBar Gaffney,? Dumb pick. Waisted pick on Brandstater. If McDaniels really thinks he has enough time to sit around and try to develop a QB, he's dumber than I thought. He is on thin ice as it is, why draft a QB? You guys FAILED to address your front 7, which was obviously your biggest weakness last year.

Don't kid yourself, bro. You had a horrible draft.

Owned.

Yet most analysts graded it much higher than yours.

OWNED!! ©

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Yet most analysts graded it much higher than yours.

OWNED!! ©

Sweetheart, you might want to open your eyes and take off the orange and blue glasses....

Everybody is saying the Broncos draft/offseason sucked.

Here's an article if you don't believe me http://footballoutsiders.com/four-downs/2009/four-downs-afc-west-1

Lonestar
06-07-2009, 02:40 PM
At least our Owner realized he was part of the problem (keeping mike about 3 years to long) and hired someone else to fix the team.. we had our pick of the litter coach wise and chose someone that has experience from a proven system..

your owner is the problem and still does not get it.. the moron is so bad he could not get anyone with a crap to even interview for the job and had to settle for cable his butt boy from last year..

then totally squandered decent draft choices for speed (feather) merchants.. he is either a genius beyond compare or a complete idiot.. the NFL thinks the later..

ahahahahahahahahahaha What a maroon!!!..

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 03:00 PM
ahahahahahahahahahaha What a maroon!!!..

Please. Not this guy again.

Dude, for the last damn time, you are not spelling the word right. Bugs bunny or not.

Do you need me to go slow for you?

You. Is. Not. Spelling. The. Word. Right.

And it makes you look extremely dumb by trying to call me a Moron, when you are spelling the word Moron WRONG.

So if you want me to take you seriously, which is hard enough to do especially since your user name is callled "Wiz", then please spell the word right.

Comprende? Good. Owned

Midnight Blue
06-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Sweetheart, you might want to open your eyes and take off the orange and blue glasses....

Everybody is saying the Broncos draft/offseason sucked.

Here's an article if you don't believe me http://footballoutsiders.com/four-downs/2009/four-downs-afc-west-1

Dude.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/27/2009-nfl-draft-grades-final-report-card/

Denver: C+
Oakland: F

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11680126

Denver: C-
Oakland: D

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-04-26-draft-grades_N.htm

Denver: B-
Oakland: F

I can keep going if you really want me to... but I think my point is made.

OWNED!!! ©

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 03:32 PM
I can find just as many articles agreeing with me on the Broncos offseason.

And judging by the reaction of the majority of your fanbase, Donkey fans agree with me that you guys had a horrible offseason.

We'll see though...

Midnight Blue
06-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I can find just as many articles agreeing with me on the Broncos offseason.

And judging by the reaction of the majority of your fanbase, Donkey fans agree with me that you guys had a horrible offseason.

We'll see though...

We were talking about the draft... you said the Broncos' draft sucked; I replied that most analysts graded Denver's draft higher than Oakland's. And I provided links to 3 of those grades to prove it. Two of them graded the Raiders' draft an "F"... which means you have zero room to talk smack about the 2009 draft....

OWNED!!! ©

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 04:44 PM
We were talking about the draft... you said the Broncos' draft sucked; I replied that most analysts graded Denver's draft higher than Oakland's. And I provided links to 3 of those grades to prove it. Two of them graded the Raiders' draft an "F"... which means you have zero room to talk smack about the 2009 draft....

OWNED!!! ©

So you want to talk about the draft. Of course everybody is ranking Oakland's draft low. I even rank our draft low. I hated the DHB pick.

But the Broncos had a pretty bad draft too.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/27/broncos-ignore-biggest-need-during-draft/

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/index.php/2009/04/2009-nfl-draft-awards/

Denver Broncos: It all started pre-draft by getting rid of Cutler, and draft day was just as bad. Moreno is a great player but a horrible pick when your defence couldn't stop me. Ayers is way too risky to spend a first on, when again, you couldn't even stop me. Alphonso Smith is a sensible pick, but you traded away your 2010 first to get him. You then traded away all your third round selections to grab a TE not even ranked in the top 10 at the position to sit on the bench behind Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler. They really have no idea in Denver.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-draft-broncos&prov=ap&type=lgns&start_row=51

http://www.examiner.com/x-588-NFL-Examiner~y2009m4d27-NFL-Draft-Winners-and-Losers

Denver Broncos – The off-season for the Broncos has already been horrible and new head coach Josh McDaniel is already under fire before his first game. McDaniel already jettisoned QB Jay Cutler and decided to not go for a franchise signal caller to replace the strong armed Cutler. Instead, they chose a running back, Knowshon Moreno, and took pass rusher Robert Ayers a few picks later. Ayers isn’t a horrible pick, but the Broncos trades during the draft made little to no sense

Lonestar
06-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Please. Not this guy again.

Dude, for the last damn time, you are not spelling the word right. Bugs bunny or not.

Do you need me to go slow for you?

You. Is. Not. Spelling. The. Word. Right.

And it makes you look extremely dumb by trying to call me a Moron, when you are spelling the word Moron WRONG.

So if you want me to take you seriously, which is hard enough to do especially since your user name is callled "Wiz", then please spell the word right.

Comprende? Good. Owned

fro the longest time moron was banned on Mania where I started and grew up so calling someone a moron got you a PM reprimand and then banned if you continued to do so..

But calling someone a maroon aptly named after the roger rabbit movie well that was OK..

Now I just use it to be nice but in the smack section one could call you a moron and get away with it here in our forum..

I chose to call folks maroons because it is a funny and more polite way to slam someone that MORONS do not get..

GET IT..

EMB6903
06-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Darrell Revis and Lito Sheppard are BY FAR the best CB duo in this league... not just the AFC... It shouldnt even be an argument people.

I will say arguing the Raiders as the best duo's is retaraded. question for the Raider fan... why doesnt Asomugha line up on the left side against true #1 WR's each week? the greatest ever is going up against #2 WR's on a consistent basis. LOL

Midnight Blue
06-07-2009, 05:49 PM
So you want to talk about the draft. Of course everybody is ranking Oakland's draft low. I even rank our draft low. I hated the DHB pick.

But the Broncos had a pretty bad draft too.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/27/broncos-ignore-biggest-need-during-draft/

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/index.php/2009/04/2009-nfl-draft-awards/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-draft-broncos&prov=ap&type=lgns&start_row=51

http://www.examiner.com/x-588-NFL-Examiner~y2009m4d27-NFL-Draft-Winners-and-Losers

I already explained once.... you started this exchange by tossing around some "draft" smack. And because your team's draft was worse than ours, "I" think you should spend more time worrying about your own crappy draft 'cause you don't have any grounds for running any smack if your own team not only didn't do any better; they did significantly worse.

And both of your quotes are going right into the full "offseason" stuff again... what's wrong with staying on topic? One can't judge the whole offseason until at least some games are played.

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I already explained once.... you started this exchange by tossing around some "draft" smack. And because your team's draft was worse than ours, "I" think you should spend more time worrying about your own crappy draft 'cause you don't have any grounds for running any smack if your own team not only didn't do any better; they did significantly worse.

Okay but I never brought up the Raiders draft. You did.

I have admitted that the Raiders had a horrible draft. I was just explaining to Kimmy that your team had a pretty bad draft, too.

And both of your quotes are going right into the full "offseason" stuff again... what's wrong with staying on topic? One can't judge the whole offseason until at least some games are played.

They mention Cutler, but then talk about your horrible draft. And can you really blame them? You guys basically traded Cutler for Robert Ayers and Alphonso Smith, LOL.

Horrible draft.

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Darrell Revis and Lito Sheppard are BY FAR the best CB duo in this league... not just the AFC... It shouldnt even be an argument people.

I will say arguing the Raiders as the best duo's is retaraded. question for the Raider fan... why doesnt Asomugha line up on the left side against true #1 WR's each week? the greatest ever is going up against #2 WR's on a consistent basis. LOL

The same Lito Shepard that at one point during the season was 4th on the Eagles depth chart?

Are you serious? The eagles traded away Shepard for a bag of rocks. He is a garbage player.

Keep reaching though. I'll just keep on debunking.

Broncospsycho77
06-07-2009, 11:18 PM
In the West, it's San Diego. Hate to say it, but they've got the best duo.

Magnificent Seven
06-07-2009, 11:29 PM

OWNED!!! ©

Raiders are dumb. They didn't draft Crabtree.

OaklandRaider
06-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Raiders are dumb. They didn't draft Crabtree.

Donkeys R Dum 4 Trading Cutler!

Midnight Blue
06-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Okay but I never brought up the Raiders draft. You did.

I have admitted that the Raiders had a horrible draft. I was just explaining to Kimmy that your team had a pretty bad draft, too.

They mention Cutler, but then talk about your horrible draft. And can you really blame them? You guys basically traded Cutler for Robert Ayers and Alphonso Smith, LOL.

Horrible draft.

Of course it was me who brought up the Raiders' draft (you probably would have preferred to pretend it didn't happen) in order to laugh at you for criticizing our team's draft when your team's draft was much worse than ours.

We still have another #1 from Chicago next year, so... again... you're wrong.

I haven't seen any draft graders who rated our draft an "F"....

ikillz0mbies
06-08-2009, 12:14 AM
So what did the Raiders do this off-season to garner praise exactly?

Broncospsycho77
06-08-2009, 12:43 AM

Did you here? They're winning the Super Bow' next season thanks to the all-world corner Asomugha. Because that's all that matters: having a good corner. He has good metrics.

Love,
OaklandRaider

ikillz0mbies
06-08-2009, 01:26 AM
So Asomugha has one good season and already he's some Hall of Fame CB? And Stanford Routt would not even be a 3rd CB on most teams in the league......but hey since they're all top 5 in metrics they are the best CB combo in the league. Please.

Midnight Blue
06-08-2009, 01:46 AM
So Asomugha has one good season and already he's some Hall of Fame CB? And Stanford Routt would not even be a 3rd CB on most teams in the league......but hey since they're all top 5 in metrics they are the best CB combo in the league. Please.

Um...no. The Raider homer's claim is that Nnamdi Asomugha is the best CB to have ever walked onto a football field... the "Greatest of All Time"; not just a HOF'er.

Oh, and he also says John and Terrell were overrated.

T.K.O.
06-08-2009, 08:53 AM
just found this in another thread....read it and weep raiderdude....

Traveler
Member Join Date: Jan 2008
Adopted Bronco: Josh Barrett

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just read in Lindy's 2009 Pro Football Annual they think Denver has the best secondary tandem (Champ & Goodman) in the AFC. They also rated Denver's drafts as an A- ( for whatever that's worth).

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
In the West, it's San Diego. Hate to say it, but they've got the best duo.

LOL

So the fact that their best duo finished 31st in pass defense last season doesn't matter to you, huh?

The fact that Antonio Cromartie was the worst corner statstically in the AFC does not matter to you, huh?

Donkey logic is amusing.

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 10:26 AM

-Resign HOF/GOAT Nnamdi Asomugha
-Resign HOF/GOAT Shane Lechler
-Resign Chris Johnson (Top 5 in CB metrics)
-Resign Justin Miller (Pro Bowl returnman)
-Resigned top 15 Guard Cooper Carlise

-Cut Kwame Harris (Worst LT in NFL history)
-Reduced Javon Walker contract (Only making 4 mill per year rather than 10)
-Fired OC Greg Knapp and DC Rob Ryan
-Hired Tom Cable and his excellent staff

-Signed Khalif Barnes to play RT
-Traded for Pro Bowl center Samson Satele
-Signed Jeff Garcia to be a backup/Mentor to JaKing

We signed a lot of other savvy veterans too that have gone under the radar, like Lorenzo Neal, Mike Brown etc etc

And in the draft, although I didn't like the DHB pick, we did some decent things. And on top of all that, our young talent is another year older.

Guaranteed winning season I swear.

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 10:29 AM
just found this in another thread....read it and weep raiderdude....

Traveler
Member Join Date: Jan 2008
Adopted Bronco: Josh Barrett

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just read in Lindy's 2009 Pro Football Annual they think Denver has the best secondary tandem (Champ & Goodman) in the AFC. They also rated Denver's drafts as an A- ( for whatever that's worth).

ZOMG!! Because somebody in a thread said it, it must be true!

Never mind the fact that Champ Bailey had his worst season in his career last season. Never mind the fact that the Dolphins didnt even ATTEMPT to resign Andre Goodman. They are the best in the AFC for sure!!

:rolleyes:

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 10:35 AM

Yeah, I stopped reading after you said S-Routt wouldn't even be the third CB on most teams.

Never mind the fact that multiple teams tried to trade for him during the draft week....Hell, the Lions offered their second round pick.

Stanford Routt would start on your pathetic team, make no mistake about it.

T.K.O.
06-08-2009, 11:17 AM
ZOMG!! Because somebody in a thread said it, it must be true!

Never mind the fact that Champ Bailey had his worst season in his career last season. Never mind the fact that the Dolphins didnt even ATTEMPT to resign Andre Goodman. They are the best in the AFC for sure!!

:rolleyes:

champ missed 7 games you tard' you of all people should understand what groin pain can do to a guy !:elefant::lol:
you've been getting kicked in the nuts on this board for months !

ikillz0mbies
06-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Pathetic team? A team hasn't had a .500 or more season since 2002 is pathetic. Having a fat lazy QB that can't even separate himself from an old QB is quite pathetic.

And having the Lions offer their second round pick? The Lions would offer their 1st round pick for a sack of rocks, that doesn't justify Routt's greatness. His statistics last season doesn't say much either.

BoltsOwnU
06-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Sorry Dolt.

Dude, lay off your official NFL Raider Crackpipe.

AC played the entire season with a hip injury that required surgery. When healthy, he is arguably as good as Nnamdi. He certainly outplayed him, dramatically, in the last season he played healthy.

QJ is better than any other corner you've got and Routt lacks Cason's credentials and frankly, can't even carry his jock. Not now in the NFL and surely not based on their respective college careers.

If you want to look at stats for our "pass defense" last year look no further than our anemic pass rush and AC's injury. If QB's had that long against a team as pathetic as last year's 'Turds, we'd have seen them losing by 50 point margins every week.

Devilspawn
06-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Trivia: Chris Johnson had 3 INTs last year, which was the most by all AFC West cornerbacks. He was tied with one other corner. Without looking, who was that corner. That will show you how bad the corner play was in the West last year, statistically.

All four of our teams had little to no pass rush by the way, so that's a push.

Asomugha is playing the best ball right now. Doesn't matter if Cro and Champ were playing hurt, it is what it is. Doesn't matter that he had 1 INT. Until QBs test him more, or until Champ gets back to form, or until Cromartie goes back to his ball hawking playmaking self, Aso's #1 in the division right now. I don't care about all-time, right now is the focus. His worst play was a catch made by Vincent Jackson which could've been prevented if he played it any other way than he did. Just a bad bad play. The Reggie Wayne catch, even if he was out of bounds, was phenomenal because the coverage was epic, the catch more so.

About Aso's INT numbers, he plays in a system that allows for less risk than others. Charles Woodson was considered better in his first five years than Aso is considered now, and Woodson had a hair more INTs during that time. And this was with a pass rush AND Eric Allen on the other side. He goes to Green Bay, his numbers skyrocket, partly because he has a good corner opposite, but also because he can be more free to break on the ball and take that risk. At the same time, Woodson gets beat more now than he ever did when healthy in Oakland, and that has little if any to do with age. Even when Cromartie was picking off passes, he was giving up his fair share as well. Aso could do that, but why should he? Just shut them down.

Best SET of corners today is hard to judge. Non-homer statement, Oakland's starting corners at the end of the season were playing at a higher level as a duo that the rest of the division. This year, Cromartie should come back to form. Jammer is not as great as he was originally billed, but he's still a great corner. Champ is older, I doubt he'll post his HOF numbers especially with unprovens on the other side, but he's still in the top. All may depend on the pass rush.

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 02:29 PM

AC played the entire season with a hip injury that required surgery. When healthy, he is arguably as good as Nnamdi. He certainly outplayed him, dramatically, in the last season he played healthy.

L...M...A..O...!!!! :pound:

Dude, don't even put Antonio Cromartie in the same paragraph with Nnamdi. Cromartie has NEVER had a better season than Nnamdi Asomugha. IN 07, when your boy had ten interceptions, Nnamdi was shutting down fools and forcing QBs like Peyton Manning to throw the other way.

Cromartie is like Deangelo Hall. He will make a few plays and get some interceptions, but most of the time he will get beat and burnt for touchdowns.

That's why there was a rumor going around that you guys were going to trade his ass. :lol:

Please, don't be ignorant. Cromartie can't hold Nnamdi jock. He's your third best cornerback. You'd be better off arguing for Jammer vs Nnamdi, but then I would still put you to shame.

QJ is better than any other corner you've got and Routt lacks Cason's credentials and frankly, can't even carry his jock. Not now in the NFL and surely not based on their respective college careers.

Jammer is solid, but he's nothing spectacular.

And LOL @ You saying Routt doesn't have Cason credentials. Shame on you, Homer. Antoine Cason is closer to being a bust than to being a good corner. Wasn't he drafted in the first round last year? And he couldn't even start ahead of Cromartie, who statsically was the WORST corner in the AFC last season? Hmmm, what does that say about Norvell's confidence in young Cason? If he doesn't start by next year....BUST!!

Aso/Chris Johnson/Routt >>>>>>>>>>> Jammer/ Cromartie aka Brandon Marshall's bitch/Cason

If you want to look at stats for our "pass defense" last year look no further than our anemic pass rush and AC's injury. If QB's had that long against a team as pathetic as last year's 'Turds, we'd have seen them losing by 50 point margins every week.

So basically you are saying your pass defense sucked because your pass rush sucked? LOL, the Raiders pass rush wasn't that good and they still ranked 10th in it. Your pathetic secondary ranked 31st BARELY ahead of 0-16 Detroit. LMAO how pathetic!

If your secondary really relies on your pass rush to be good, then we shouldn't even be having this discussion in the first place. If they are supposedly the best trio in the AFC, they should be good, regardless of pass rush. But instead, they ranked second to last. LOL you have no argument, my friend.

Owned. :coffee:

ikillz0mbies
06-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Yet you have nothing to back up how Stanford Routt is at most a decent corner.

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Yet you have nothing to back up how Stanford Routt is at most a decent corner.

ZombieKiller,

If you were paying attention to this thread I posted the top CB metrics from last season.

Routt was on that list.

11. Stanford Routt
Season Total: 37 attempts, 5.41 YPA, 48.65 Forced INC%, 2 TDs

Lonestar
06-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Y'all are still arguing this crap..

What a Maroon!!!..

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 06:49 PM
What a Maroon!!!..

http://i42.tinypic.com/qx3rxz.jpg

BroncoJoe
06-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Congrats. You have one good player out of a 53 man roster.

:props:

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 06:54 PM

Nobody cares what you think. :coffee:

EMB6903
06-08-2009, 06:54 PM
The same Lito Shepard that at one point during the season was 4th on the Eagles depth chart?

Are you serious? The eagles traded away Shepard for a bag of rocks. He is a garbage player.

Keep reaching though. I'll just keep on debunking.

Lito was never bumped into the 4th spot on the depth chart.. EVER.. he just played behind 2 very good CB's. But I wont even hear you out if you try telling me that Chris Johnson and Stanford Routt are better CB's than Lito Sheppard..... Chris Johnson isnt even a top 20 CB REGARDLESS of the half a year he had last year.... Mentioning this scrub is killing you in here.

I mean we are talking Chris Johnson here... the guy who has spent his entire career on the practice squad and has started 8 games in his entire career.

BroncoJoe
06-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Nobody cares what you think. :coffee:

At your young age, it's understandable you'd have to copy what someone else said and not be able to come up with anything on you own.

:coffee:

EMB6903
06-08-2009, 06:56 PM

WRONG

they also have great special teams talent!

Too bad having great special teams year in and out doesnt make you playoff contenders.

BroncoJoe
06-08-2009, 06:57 PM
WRONG

they also have great special teams talent!

Too bad having great special teams year in and out doesnt make you playoff contenders.

My bad. They have a very good corner and an excellent kicker.

EMB6903
06-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Cromartie isnt close to being as good as Asomugha, Cromartie is a great ballhawk with amazing ball skills, but His coverage skills are very shaky.. Hes allowed many WR's to go over 100+ yards recieving throughout his career and might be the worst tackler in the NFL today, Cromartie isnt in the class of Asomugha or Bailey.

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Lito was never bumped into the 4th spot on the depth chart.. EVER.. he just played behind 2 very good CB's. But I wont even hear you out if you try telling me that Chris Johnson and Stanford Routt are better CB's than Lito Sheppard..... Chris Johnson isnt even a top 20 CB REGARDLESS of the half a year he had last year.... Mentioning this scrub is killing you in here.

I mean we are talking Chris Johnson here... the guy who has spent his entire career on the practice squad and has started 8 games in his entire career.

Yes he was their fourth corner.

He was behind that one dude, I think his name is Julio Hansen or something like that. They just extended his contract, and traded away Lito Shepard for a condition 5th round pick LOL

And Chris Johnson is a stud.

Your boy Eddie Royal got his ass beat by Johnson is the second game. He aint no Deangelo Hall that's for sure :coffee:

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Cromartie isnt close to being as good as Asomugha, Cromartie is a great ballhawk with amazing ball skills, but His coverage skills are very shaky.. Hes allowed many WR's to go over 100+ yards recieving throughout his career and might be the worst tackler in the NFL today, Cromartie isnt in the class of Asomugha or Bailey.

Good post up until your last line.

Cromartie isn't in Bailey class. And Bailey sure as hell isn't in Nnamdi's class.

But that was a decent post from a flaming homer like yourself....

EMB6903
06-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Good post up until your last line.

Cromartie isn't in Bailey class. And Bailey sure as hell isn't in Nnamdi's class.

But that was a decent post from a flaming homer like yourself....

and why isnt Bailey in Nnamdi's class?

I certainly believe its pretty close, Bailey's prime has certainly past him, but hes still an elite CB, and still much better against the run than Nnamdi.

in Baileys prime, Nnamdi doesnt touch him, there is no arguing that... Bailey actually makes plays... Unlike your boy Nnamdi who definately cant be called a play maker.

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 07:13 PM
and why isnt Bailey in Ndamdi's class?

I'd love to hear this one.

Did you happen to miss the last two seasons, where not only has Nnamdi outclassed Champ Bailey but the rest of the NFL corners as well? Mreanwhile Bailey is coming off his worst season

I wouldn't even put Bailey in my top 5 corner list anymore.

1. Nnamdi

-1000000 Miles
-8000000 Miles
-500000 Miles
- A Galaxy
-Earth
-Wind
-Fire
-All of the octomoms kids

And then
2. Revis
3. Sheldon Brown
4. Charles Woodson
5. Terrence Newman

EMB6903
06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Did you happen to miss the last two seasons, where not only has Nnamdi outclassed Champ Bailey but the rest of the NFL corners as well? Mreanwhile Bailey is coming off his worst season

I wouldn't even put Bailey in my top 5 corner list anymore.

1. Nnamdi

-1000000 Miles
-8000000 Miles
-500000 Miles
- A Galaxy
-Earth
-Wind
-Fire
-All of the octomoms kids

And then
2. Revis
3. Sheldon Brown
4. Charles Woodson
5. Terrence Newman

Bailey is coming off a year where he battled injuries, there is nothing he could do about that, but before the injury Champ was playing as good as Nnamdi and in the first 7 games of the season he was only thrown to 11 times... thats as good as it gets.

also stop acting like Nnamdi is so young and he has a long career ahead of him.. The guy is going to be 28 heading into next year and if you havent noticed CB's careers dont last too long.

You are just making yourself look stupid with that top 5 list, putting Brown, Woodson, and Newman ahead of Champ Bailey...
Sheldon Brown?

Charles Woodson?

you are just hating to hate... this is why you cant ever have a legit football debate with a Raiders fan, they can never leave out the hatrid they have toward us (for some reason.. I mean its not like its a rivalry anymore, the raiders have won 3 divisonal games in like 4 years) what does Nnamdi do better then Champ on the field?

ballhawk? that goes to champ

better against the run? champ as well

Ball Skills.... that goes to Champ.. I mean Nnamdi has 10 ints in what 7 years? LMAO! thats a joke

man on man... right now I'd say Nnamdi but in Champs prime they are about even

versatility... again.. Champ Bailey

Press coverage... Nnamdi Asomugha

Oakland Raider.... let me ask you a question, in all seriousness who do you think is better between Champ in his prime or Nnamdi in his prime?

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Oakland Raider.... let me ask you a question, in all seriousness who do you think is better between Champ in his prime or Nnamdi in his prime?

In Champ Bailey's prime, he never effected a game like Nnamdi Asomugha does.

EMB6903
06-08-2009, 07:37 PM
In Champ Bailey's prime, he never effected a game like Nnamdi Asomugha does.

how is that?

Champ Bailey in 2004-2008 has been thrown to much less than Nmandi has.

just because Champ gets INT's doesnt mean he gets thrown to a bunch, he RARELY gets thrown to, he shut down half the field during his prime.

He impacted the game MUCH more than Nnamdi.

has nnamdi ever been on a good team? how can you say you were an impact when your team rarely has any success?

quit it with the ignorant bullshit like "champ doesnt impact the game like Nnamdi"

ya Nnamdi doesnt get thrown to that much, hell either does Johnson... the Raiders played from behind during Nnamdi's entire career, why throw when you can just run it and have success while running the clock out?

Nnamdi is a great CB but hes not on a HOF level right now... and Champ is, and has been on that level for quite some time now.

10 ints in 7 seasons... HAHAHA

but Ill ask you again since you ducked the previous question, in Champs and Nnamdi's prime.... Whose better?

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 07:52 PM
how is that?

Champ Bailey in 2004-2008 has been thrown to much less than Nmandi has.

Much less than Nmamdi? LOL

Nnamdi posted the lowest passes thrown at him since metrics were recorded.

Thrown at 1.7 times per game. Your statement is false.

just because Champ gets INT's doesnt mean he gets thrown to a bunch, he RARELY gets thrown to, he shut down half the field during his prime.

Actually Champ Bailey was being thrown at about 60+ times per season.

Nnamdi rarely gets thrown at, so you can understand his low INT numbers.

He impacted the game MUCH more than Nnamdi.

That's your opinion.

I'll take the guy that completely shuts down one half of the field, but maybe that's just me.

has nnamdi ever been on a good team? how can you say you were an impact when your team rarely has any success?

I watch the games and I see how he impacts the game.

Question: How can you say that Champ Bailey is the best in the game when your defense was pathetic as it was last season?

quit it with the ignorant bullshit like "champ doesnt impact the game like Nnamdi"

Those are cold, hard facts son.

Nnamdi is a great CB but hes not on a HOF level right now... and Champ is, and has been on that level for quite some time now.

I know he is not on HOF level. He is on GOAT MODE! :cool:

10 ints in 7 seasons... HAHAHA

If you really want something to laugh at, heres an article - sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373

but Ill ask you again since you ducked the previous question, in Champs and Nnamdi's prime.... Whose better?

I didn't duck anything,

I'll say it again since apparently you missed it, In Champ Bailey's prime he can't hold Nnamdi's jock. I'm sure Champ would tell you the same thing. He seems like a sensible person...

Owned.

EMB6903
06-08-2009, 08:01 PM
^^^ show me these made up links that you have posted... 1.7 times per game since hes been in the league? LMAO! thats made up bs

Champs been thrown to 60 times a year during his career?

I would love to see where you are getting these statistics from, but I really think you are just full of shit... so please prove me wrong and post a link.... Thanks!

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
^^^ show me these made up links that you have posted... 1.7 times per game since hes been in the league? LMAO! thats made up bs

Champs been thrown to 60 times a year during his career?

I would love to see where you are getting these statistics from, but I really think you are just full of shit... so please prove me wrong and post a link.... Thanks!

If I show you these stats, you'll agree with me on Nnamdi's GOATNESS?

EMB6903
06-08-2009, 08:11 PM
If I show you these stats, you'll agree with me on Nnamdi's GOATNESS?

yes.. show me where Nnamdi has only been thrown to 1.7 times per game during his ENTIRE CAREER

show me where during Champs entire career teams have thrown to him on an average of 60 times per year (which is still good) but I know its BS.

Im so tired of this nonsense that Nnamdi rarely gets thrown at thats why his INT's are low, I know Raiders fans are full of excuses (losers) but come on... Champ was thrown to 35 times in 2006, only 4 were completed,but he still managed to pick off 10 and 11 were defensed...thats what I call the GREATEST OF ALL TIME.. there isnt a CB who had a more dominant season in NFL history.

Champ had as many INT's in 2006 as Nnamdi has in his entire career... and you are comparing these two's accomplishments? ****

Champ has picked off great QB's in clutch situations..... when has Nnamdi ever came through in the clutch?

OaklandRaider
06-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Im so tired of this nonsense that Nnamdi rarely gets thrown at thats why his INT's are low... Champ was thrown to 35 times in 2006, only 4 were completed, 10 were picked off and 11 were defensed...thats what I call the GREATEST ALL TIME.. there isnt a CB who had a more dominant season in NFL history.

False. In 2006, Bailey was thrown at 56 times. Still good, but donkey fans like to pretend a lot.

EMB6903
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
False. In 2006, Bailey was thrown at 56 times. Still good, but donkey fans like to pretend a lot.

can I get a link?

Here are some that say otherwise...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champ_Bailey

"In 2006, Bailey had ten interceptions through the season (tied for the NFL lead with Asante Samuel although Samuel went to the playoffs and intercepted two more passes which he returned for touchdowns). Bailey also did not give up a touchdown during the season. Bailey, San Diego Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson and Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, were unanimous choices for the NFL All-Pro team in 2006. Also in 2006, Ron Jaworski stated during a MNF pre-season game against the San Francisco 49ers that Bailey only got tested 35 times and only four passes were completed over him, none for touchdowns."

http://sports.outsidethebeltway.com/2007/06/champ-bailey-vs-deion-sanders/

"Last year, Champ had 35 passes thrown his way the whole season.

21 were defensed.

10 were intercepted.

On his watch, 4 passes were caught against him the whole season. Last season, Champ had one of the most remarkable seasons of any cornerback I have ever seen, period. His tackles were almost exclusively in run support. His recovery speed is uncanny and his instincts for the game are superb. I watched a lot of Deion and a lot of what I saw was fantastic playmaking ability but as an overall cornerback I’d take Champ in his best years over Deion in his best years and I wouldnt second guess my decision."

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/ibleedblackandred/183679/

"Bailey only got tested 35 times and only four passes were completed over him, none for touchdowns. Bailey has been named to eight consecutive Pro Bowls and four All-Pro teams."

now show me where Nnamdi has been thrown to 1.7 times per game since he started playing in the NFL, Champs been thrown at 60 times per year in his career, and that Champ was thrown to 56 times in 2006..

BroncoJoe
06-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Where did Oakland FailTurd go?

Nice job, EMB.

Timmy!
06-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Where did Oakland FailTurd go?

Nice job, EMB.

He's busy googling "pink."

And not the entertaining kind of "googling."

:laugh:

BoltsOwnU
06-09-2009, 08:19 PM
can I get a link?

Here are some that say otherwise...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champ_Bailey

"In 2006, Bailey had ten interceptions through the season (tied for the NFL lead with Asante Samuel although Samuel went to the playoffs and intercepted two more passes which he returned for touchdowns). Bailey also did not give up a touchdown during the season. Bailey, San Diego Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson and Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, were unanimous choices for the NFL All-Pro team in 2006. Also in 2006, Ron Jaworski stated during a MNF pre-season game against the San Francisco 49ers that Bailey only got tested 35 times and only four passes were completed over him, none for touchdowns."

http://sports.outsidethebeltway.com/2007/06/champ-bailey-vs-deion-sanders/

"Last year, Champ had 35 passes thrown his way the whole season.

21 were defensed.

10 were intercepted.

On his watch, 4 passes were caught against him the whole season. Last season, Champ had one of the most remarkable seasons of any cornerback I have ever seen, period. His tackles were almost exclusively in run support. His recovery speed is uncanny and his instincts for the game are superb. I watched a lot of Deion and a lot of what I saw was fantastic playmaking ability but as an overall cornerback I’d take Champ in his best years over Deion in his best years and I wouldnt second guess my decision."

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/ibleedblackandred/183679/

"Bailey only got tested 35 times and only four passes were completed over him, none for touchdowns. Bailey has been named to eight consecutive Pro Bowls and four All-Pro teams."

now show me where Nnamdi has been thrown to 1.7 times per game since he started playing in the NFL, Champs been thrown at 60 times per year in his career, and that Champ was thrown to 56 times in 2006..

THAT was an impressive beat down.:shocked: