PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos' offense still growing under Peyton Manning

DenBronx
05-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Denver Broncos receivers Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas are like "two little kids in a candy shop" with quarterback Peyton Manning now onboard, offensive coordinator Mike McCoy said Saturday, according to the Denver Post.

A season after grinding out games in a run-heavy offense under Tim Tebow, the Broncos are looking to the air with Manning. They're just still figuring out how, McCoy said.

Wyche: AFC divisional challengers

Who are the biggest threats to reigning kings of each AFC division? Steve Wyche likes the Bengals and Bills, among others. More ...

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8290d76b/article/denver-broncos-offense-still-growing-under-peyton-manning?campaign=Twitter_news

BroncoStud
05-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Keep McCoy away from calling plays and we will be just fine.

BroncoWave
05-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Keep McCoy away from calling plays and we will be just fine.

Does it really matter if McCoy calls the plays? Manning will just audible out of bad plays. And if McCoy tries even once to stop that Elway will cut that out quickly.

BroncoStud
05-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes it matters. As long as McCoy had very limited playcalling authority the Broncos should be explosive.

NightTerror218
05-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Manning has the experience to Audible out of a bad play call. tebow did not have any where close to the experience to do that last year.

Nomad
05-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Does it really matter if McCoy calls the plays? Manning will just audible out of bad plays. And if McCoy tries even once to stop that Elway will cut that out quickly.

Agreed!

I can't wait to see the product on the field. I'm still trying to come to reality that Peyton Manning will be running the BRONCOS offense.

Jsteve01
05-14-2012, 02:20 PM
still with the McCoy hate.

claymore
05-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes it matters. As long as McCoy had very limited playcalling authority the Broncos should be explosive.

After the magic McCoy pulled out of the two previous turds (Orton, Tebow) I think he deserves to hang himself with Manning.

NightTerror218
05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
After the magic McCoy pulled out of the two previous turds (Orton, Tebow) I think he deserves to hang himself with Manning.

He will be a sitting duck this season. Manning will do what he wants. Until Fox comes in and says to punt or go for it on 4th down. Or go for a 2 point conversion. The offense will be Mannings. McCoy will be gone at the end of the season to a HC job and we will get a new OC. McCoy did jack shit with the last 2 QBs. You can tell how horrible his play calling was last season when both halfs of the game were completely different and the offense play calling was inconsistent. Tebow may have been inconsistent but so were the plays. Tebow could not read defenses well, so there were never audibles but McCoy would run same play 3 plays in a row and we would get 2 yards (and not a single passing play in there). He would not call very many 1st/2nd down passes. He rarely called plays that used TEs.

He never called a play until last season. McDumbass called the plays and before that with Fox he did not call the plays. Last season he called them for the first time and I thought there were horrible even with Orton who could pass the ball between the 20s.

BroncoStud
05-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Magic? McCoy held the offense back as much as he helped it. Orton was shit under McCoy, his "success" was under McDaniels.

claymore
05-14-2012, 03:20 PM
How did McCoy hold the offense back? his QB had a 47 % completion percentage that is inflated because of trash time in the 4th QTR. McCoy gave tebow every chance under the sun to throw the ball and he couldnt. He was terrible.

Im not saying McCoy is our future OC. All im saying is he earned his money last year. He made lemonade out of piss.

NightTerror218
05-14-2012, 04:06 PM
How did McCoy hold the offense back? his QB had a 47 % completion percentage that is inflated because of trash time in the 4th QTR. McCoy gave tebow every chance under the sun to throw the ball and he couldnt. He was terrible.

Im not saying McCoy is our future OC. All im saying is he earned his money last year. He made lemonade out of piss.

Shitty play calling. That is all there is to say. When my dog can tell what play is going to be called. All season 1st half playing was so bad. SOOOOOOO bad. When you have the mentality that you are going to have the same game plan and week it depending on how the defense plays it. That is what McCoy said. They dont know how people will defend them and so half time they will tweak the offense.

IMO McCoy was never ment to be a play caller. He did bad last year in his first chance and doing it.

Jsteve01
05-14-2012, 04:08 PM

odd that you would like him as pissinade is one of your favorite drinks

BroncoStud
05-14-2012, 04:12 PM

A decent OC and playcaller would have had Tebow throwing at a higher percentage with rollouts, playactions bootlegs, movements, more of a spread, etc, etc. McCoy was so conservative and so predictable, many times Tebow overcame the shitty playcall and made something out of absolutely nothing - it goes both ways.

McCoy was given a lot of credit last year, and he seemed to get better as the year progressed, but too many times his playcalling was painfully predictable and just downright awful.

Sorry, I want his amateurness nowhere near Peyton's huddle. Let a pro like Manning handle calling the plays, let McCoy focus on coaching up the young players.

claymore
05-14-2012, 04:51 PM
A decent OC and playcaller would have had Tebow throwing at a higher percentage with rollouts, playactions bootlegs, movements, more of a spread, etc, etc. McCoy was so conservative and so predictable, many times Tebow overcame the shitty playcall and made something out of absolutely nothing - it goes both ways.

McCoy was given a lot of credit last year, and he seemed to get better as the year progressed, but too many times his playcalling was painfully predictable and just downright awful.

Sorry, I want his amateurness nowhere near Peyton's huddle. Let a pro like Manning handle calling the plays, let McCoy focus on coaching up the young players.

A one sided offense is predictable. Maybe if tebow wasnt so terrible at practice they could have installed something for him.

NightTerror218
05-14-2012, 05:01 PM
a one sided offense is predictable. Maybe if tebow wasnt so terrible at practice they could have installed something for him.

maybe if, what if.........who the **** cares. Either way the offense was completely shit for 3 seasons. Unable to score points, last season the defense helped. 1 with a pass heavy qb the other with a running/spread qb. Both offenses had 1 thing in common mccoy. You can complain all you want about tebow but he was not part of offense the year before. Mcdaniels is the reason mccoy is here and mccoy is part of the reason this team went downhill.

CoachChaz
05-14-2012, 05:05 PM
maybe if, what if.........who the **** cares. Either way the offense was completely shit for 3 seasons. Unable to score points, last season the defense helped. 1 with a pass heavy qb the other with a running/spread qb. Both offenses had 1 thing in common mccoy. You can complain all you want about tebow but he was not part of offense the year before. Mcdaniels is the reason mccoy is here and mccoy is part of the reason this team went downhill.

I was wondering what Coach Nunnally could have done with our DL if we gave him anything to work with before he retired. So, that gets me to thinking. What the hell have we given McCoy to work with? Maybe with a solid running game, developing receivers and a stud QB...he might just prove his worth. Maybe not.

But considering the offensive talent on the field the past few seasons...I'm willing to give him a season to prove something

BroncoWave
05-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Guys, Peyton Manning is our QB. It doesn't matter who the OC is. Peyton is the OC now.

claymore
05-14-2012, 05:31 PM

I dont think McCoy deserves any blame for the way things have went down. You put shit in, you get shit out.

As Chaz said, Id like to see what he has to offer this year. Elway will give him his shot. If Elway no likey he will have no compunction about cutting him loose.

claymore
05-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Guys, Peyton Manning is our QB. It doesn't matter who the OC is. Peyton is the OC now.

I want someone comepetent in there when Manning leaves. I dont want a vacuum like in Indianpolis.

NightTerror218
05-14-2012, 05:44 PM
I dont think McCoy deserves any blame for the way things have went down. You put shit in, you get shit out.

As Chaz said, Id like to see what he has to offer this year. Elway will give him his shot. If Elway no likey he will have no compunction about cutting him loose.

McCoy is going to have nothing to do with play calling this year. Why give him a pass this season when he is not going to do anything. He was given some good WRs, he was also given a good RB with Orton passing and could not get the running game going. Why does he get a pass when he calls the same play 2 series in a row. Why does he get a pass when on 3rd and long he runs the ball for the 7th straight time? Even if he did not have confidence in Tebow, he should have made Tebow atleast throw and fail and call the right plays to try to move the chains. He did not use TEs, WTF. He made called deep passes and no screens. He had the TE/RB blocking in mass protection rather then having 1 go for a check down. He is going to work with young players while Manning tells his WR/TE how he wants them to run routes and pointers. He will demand much more out of them. Manning runs the offense not McCoy now. McCoy may be a decent coach working with the players but he is horrible and calling plays. he should not be doing it.

MOtorboat
05-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Tebow lovers should love McCoy. The conservative play calling kept Denver in games, so that that crazy shit that happened at the end could happen.

And McCoy will still be calling plays, it's just going to be enhanced because Manning will require him to call, if memory serves, three plays at once, and then Manning picks the two he wants and audibles at the line of scrimmage. I think we really find out McCoy's worth this year.

NightTerror218
05-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Tebow lovers should love McCoy. The conservative play calling kept Denver in games, so that that crazy shit that happened at the end could happen.

And McCoy will still be calling plays, it's just going to be enhanced because Manning will require him to call, if memory serves, three plays at once, and then Manning picks the two he wants and audibles at the line of scrimmage. I think we really find out McCoy's worth this year.

From what I have heard about Manning, he calls the plays at the line of scrimmage in the no huddle offense.

Ravage!!!
05-15-2012, 01:27 PM
I think McCoy saved Tebow last year by keeping things simple. As our HC said "if Tim tried to run a traditional offense, he would be screwed." Whats the OC to work with being that the QB can't throw, and can't read? He did the right thing, keep the number of passes to a minimum (you can't get much more minimum than we did) and run the ball effectively.... don't turn over the ball, and punt for field position. That kept Tebow in teh games, and thus gave us the opportunity to pull something out at the end.

Allowing Tim to throw 20+ times a game would have ended very very badly. Orton was able to put up decent numbers, but unable to score and step up his game when things mattered. Two things that Peyton doesn't have a problem with. I dn't think there is a reason to believe that McCoy is a problem, yet. I know its hard for all the OCs on the board to believe.

NightTerror218
05-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I think McCoy saved Tebow last year by keeping things simple. As our HC said "if Tim tried to run a traditional offense, he would be screwed." Whats the OC to work with being that the QB can't throw, and can't read? He did the right thing, keep the number of passes to a minimum (you can't get much more minimum than we did) and run the ball effectively.... don't turn over the ball, and punt for field position. That kept Tebow in teh games, and thus gave us the opportunity to pull something out at the end.

Allowing Tim to throw 20+ times a game would have ended very very badly. Orton was able to put up decent numbers, but unable to score and step up his game when things mattered. Two things that Peyton doesn't have a problem with. I dn't think there is a reason to believe that McCoy is a problem, yet. I know its hard for all the OCs on the board to believe.

you always quote Fox saying that. Even though Fox said that what he said was a mistake and not what he meant. He also said Tebow would go on to be a great NFL passer.

I still think this will be McCoys last season. What is going to happen when Manning is gone, McCoy still here and we end up with the same results we had with Orton or Tebow? A very predictable offense and bad play calling. I dont care if you are Manning if the defense knows what you are going to do then you are in trouble.