PDA

View Full Version : John Fox wants plenty of cornerbacks

DenBronx
05-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on May 13, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT

In 2012, the team that picked up Peyton Manning in free agency will face quarterbacks like Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, and Philip Rivers.

All in the first six weeks of the season.

Then, it’s Drew Brees, Andy Dalton, Cam Newton, and Philip Rivers again.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/13/john-fox-wants-plenty-of-cornerbacks/

We added, Boldin, Draton and Porter. We also added a Adams for safety.

Joel
05-13-2012, 03:39 PM
The NFL's all about passing now, so that's logical. Whether it will do any good, since DBs get penalties, fines and suspensions for so much as looking at receivers, remains to be seen. However, as much as we all want a Vince Wilfork or Casey Hampton, with everyone passing far more than they run (averaging about a yard and half more each time,) DBs pay more dividends than DTs do. Looks like we're in good shape at CB now, at least for the next couple years; we just need safeties (and DTs, and a Mike who covers and blitzes as well as he run stops.)

Dapper Dan
05-13-2012, 04:05 PM
It's all about the depth.

DenBronx
05-13-2012, 04:38 PM
It's about QUALITY and not QUANTITY.

That's why Asante Samuel would have made sense here. We could have still got Porter but could have picked up Samuel for a 7th. Your argument is his contract/money yada yada yada but I don't care. I want us to win now!

NorCalBronco7
05-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Its all about Raymond.

TXBRONC
05-14-2012, 08:23 AM

That's why Asante Samuel would have made sense here. We could have still got Porter but could have picked up Samuel for a 7th. Your argument is his contract/money yada yada yada but I don't care. I want us to win now!

I agree with you about quality but I don't think that means we needed to bring in Samuel.

BroncoWave
05-14-2012, 10:33 AM

Ask the Redskins and Cowboys how filling up their rosters with high-priced, big-name guys every year is working for them. It's not like we were desperately needing a #1 corner, in case you've forgotten about Champ Bailey. We needed to fill our roster out with #2/#3 corners which we have done nicely.