PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall On Track To Be Ready For Camp

Denver Native (Carol)
05-26-2009, 05:36 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.brandon.marshall.2.1020097.html

Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall stopped by CBS4 studios on Sunday to talk to Broncos Insider Reggie Rivers about a variety of topics, including his progress after undergoing hip surgery and new head coach Josh McDaniels.

"I'm almost there. I'm almost there," Marshall said. "If we were playing in the Super Bowl right now, I'd be playing."

On McDaniels, Marshall says the new head coach is doing a lot of different things in the red zone and is really creative.

"He knows how to get guys in key matchups and he knows how to take advantage of that matchup," Marshall said.

Marshall said McDaniels definitely has a lot of credibility since he's coming from a winning team in the New England Patriots.

"We're definitely listening when he's talking," Marshall said. "Coach McDaniels, he's selling something good."

Marshall also commented on his legal problems and the possibility of getting suspended again. He's is facing disciplinary action from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for an incident with his fiancée in Atlanta in March. Marshall could begin the season suspended for as many as eight games.

"I can only control what I can control, so I'm not going to worry about that. I've been doing some good things in the community and I'm going to continue to do that and I think all will be well come September."

Marshall just signed a new endorsement deal with Reebok and will be wearing Reebok cleats this season.

He will be hosting an event called Camp 15 on July 18-19 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Overland High School. Children ages 7 to 18 years old can participate and it's free.

"Hopefully they just take away some skills and some of the things we teach them about life, especially me being through everything I've been through. I think I've got a lot to teach some younger kids and hopefully they don't bump their head like I have."

Register for Camp 15 at BMarshall15.com.

Hawgdriver
05-26-2009, 06:32 PM
It sounds like he has gotten wind that they won't throw the book at him for his 'altercation'. I hope that's how it works out.

Players are smart when it comes to football. When they were dogging on Slowik and Bates it was coming through player comments that they didn't have a lot of confidence in the system. They were right to feel that way. Now they are jazzed about McDaniels, so I view that as a positive.

Poet
05-26-2009, 09:44 PM
If Brandon Marshall can just keep out of trouble he could become a top three WR.

If McDaniels can get him into good matchups with his offensive scheme, that is going to be scary.

I think the drafting of Moreno tells me that Denver is going to become one of the best play actions teams in the NFL.

And that makes for a sick red zone offense.

Slick
05-26-2009, 10:08 PM
He says all the right things but he's done that before. Prove the doubters wrong Brandon.

Poet
05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
He says all the right things but he's done that before. Prove the doubters wrong Brandon.

Would you be mad at me if I told you the odds are slim?

Slick
05-26-2009, 10:20 PM

Not really. It wouldn't surprise me if he hit her again. Maybe he already has and we just don't know about it yet.

broncfn90
05-26-2009, 10:36 PM
I loved marshall now after the latest arrest i like marshall... my man his losing my respect and fast

Lonestar
05-26-2009, 10:40 PM

there were alot of folks saying that about you at one time also.. and look your still around and one of the better posters:salute:.. when your not talking about the bungals.. that is..:laugh::laugh:

Lonestar
05-26-2009, 10:41 PM
I like what he said about Josh, that they are listening to him..

Poet
05-26-2009, 10:51 PM
there were alot of folks saying that about you at one time also.. and look your still around and one of the better posters:salute:.. when your not talking about the bungals.. that is..:laugh::laugh:

Yeah, but to be fair I don't beat women. I just was an *******.

Oh, and for the record, the last time your team made the playoffs was the same year mine did. And, you got beat worse than we did and your starting Qb didn't tear his ACL.

;)

BroncoWave
05-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Yeah, but to be fair I don't beat women. I just was an *******.

Oh, and for the record, the last time your team made the playoffs was the same year mine did. And, you got beat worse and advanced two rounds further than we did and your starting Qb didn't tear his ACL.

;)

Fixed that for you! :D

Poet
05-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Fixed that for you! :D

That's nice, but the fact that you got beat that bad with your starting QB kind of proves my point.

I havent seen you around much anymore? You been to jail boy?

BroncoWave
05-26-2009, 11:33 PM
That's nice, but the fact that you got beat that bad with your starting QB kind of proves my point.

I havent seen you around much anymore? You been to jail boy?

Whatever. At least we won a game in those playoffs.

And it's kind of a dead period right now on the board and up until about 2.5 weeks ago I was busy with school so that's why I haven't been posting as much lately. I'll post more the closer it gets to the season and whenever the board heat back up!

Poet
05-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Whatever. At least we won a game in those playoffs.

And it's kind of a dead period right now on the board and up until about 2.5 weeks ago I was busy with school so that's why I haven't been posting as much lately. I'll post more the closer it gets to the season and whenever the board heat back up!

I now picture you as a snarky teenage girl. ;)

I hope school is going well. I hear you about the upcoming season, that needs to start....now lol.

Shazam!
05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
If Brandon Marshall can just keep out of trouble he could become a top three WR.

If McDaniels can get him into good matchups with his offensive scheme, that is going to be scary.

I think the drafting of Moreno tells me that Denver is going to become one of the best play actions teams in the NFL.

And that makes for a sick red zone offense.

Are you sure you're not a Broncos fan?

Poet
05-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Are you sure you're not a Broncos fan?

Absolutely. I follow the team as my second favorite because I like a lot of the fans and what not. That being said, I like the Broncos, I LOVE the Bengals.

Lonestar
05-27-2009, 02:33 AM
Absolutely. I follow the team as my second favorite because I like a lot of the fans and what not. That being said, I like the Broncos, I LOVE the Bengals.

your a closet Bronco fan no doubt about it.. I suspect you spend time here because the bungals boards suck..:D

Poet
05-27-2009, 09:41 AM
your a closet Bronco fan no doubt about it.. I suspect you spend time here because the bungals boards suck..:D

I spend about equal time on the sites. I actually spend more time here just to annoy the moderators. :D

Lonestar
05-27-2009, 01:21 PM
I spend about equal time on the sites. I actually spend more time here just to annoy the moderators. :D

Actually for a non fan your pretty up to date and have a better head on your shoulders than some "bronco" fans.:salute: