PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with the Broncos draft?

sneakers
05-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Hmm?

Northman
05-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Im fine with it.

Day1BroncoFan
05-11-2012, 03:37 PM
I said yes but ask me again in a year or two and I may have a different answer. :D

UnderArmour
05-11-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm withholding judgment until I actually see the product on the field.

topscribe
05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Elated!!

As if I have a choice . . .

Grover
05-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I didn't vote because "Meh" wasn't one of the options.

I'm not happy with the Osweiler pick in the 2nd. I do like the Wolfe and Hillman picks. It's not a terrible draft, it's just that me and Xanders would have done things a bit differently.

Shananahan
05-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Xanders would have done things a bit differently.
Three years from now you will hear him say he wanted all of the best players from this year.

tomjonesrocks
05-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Osweiler really destroyed it for me. Just super lame to waste that pick there.

Also, they really went against the grain. They may have made the right selections, but if they don't work out the picks will look doubly foolish. It's not fun reading in USA Today the team had the worst draft in the NFL, whether their opinion means anything or not.

Was just a very odd draft, though positionally (QB excluded) the picks make sense.

We will find out if Elway is Ozzie Newsome in due time I suppose.

NightTerror218
05-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Well as long as Osweiler works out. You wont see Elway being stuck on another QB and they can draft like normal and get impact players and then get future starters to build depth.

TXBRONC
05-11-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm fine with it.

Simple Jaded
05-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Not really, not so much with the players taken but I think they got their ass handed to them in trade value and reaches.......

ShaneFalco
05-11-2012, 09:17 PM
nope, 2nd round qb is terrible when you had tebow on the team.

Simple Jaded
05-11-2012, 09:35 PM
nope, 2nd round qb is terrible when you had tebow on the team.

Actually Tebow was on the Jets team when they drafted Osweiler. Not that it would have made a damn bit of difference, they still would have needed a backup QB.......

NorCalBronco7
05-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Every pick was a reach. All the players are weak sauce. Im a draft expert.

Simple Jaded
05-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Ya don't have to be a draft expert to know that trading out of the 1st just so you can trade up in the 3rd is weak with a large side of stupid. Especially when you went into the draft with enough extra picks to move up in the 3rd.......

BroncoWave
05-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm fine with it. I've never been one to bash a draft though, because I don't scout college players at all (don't really see the point). I trust the guys' judgement who scout college players for a living over my own.

MOtorboat
05-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Ya don't have to be a draft expert to know that trading out of the 1st just so you can trade up in the 3rd is weak with a large side of stupid. Especially when you went into the draft with enough extra picks to move up in the 3rd.......

The draft was deep on talent, shallow on superstars. So getting more picks in the second, third and fourth made a lot of sense.

Even if you aren't able to comprehend what happened.

ShaneFalco
05-12-2012, 05:47 AM
Actually Tebow was on the Jets team when they drafted Osweiler. Not that it would have made a damn bit of difference, they still would have needed a backup QB.......

ya but could have waited till like 5th round to waste a pick on a qb

Chef Zambini
05-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Osweiler really destroyed it for me. Just super lame to waste that pick there.

Also, they really went against the grain. They may have made the right selections, but if they don't work out the picks will look doubly foolish. It's not fun reading in USA Today the team had the worst draft in the NFL, whether their opinion means anything or not.

Was just a very odd draft, though positionally (QB excluded) the picks make sense.

We will find out if Elway is Ozzie Newsome in due time I suppose.like most of you I am luke warm and want to see results, rather than speculate, but the above quote best expresses my sentaments as well.
I hope ELWAY was right, otherwise he is going to look pretty foolish and out of his element.

Now if the question was "are you happy with this years off-season moves and aquisitions", my response would be "absolutely"
and the "house-cleaning" may have been the highlight of this years pre-season moves.

topscribe
05-12-2012, 09:28 AM
ya but could have waited till like 5th round to waste a pick on a qb
They weren't looking for "a" quarterback. They were looking for "the" quarterback.
The Tom Brady's don't come around very often. Quarterbacks picked in the 5th
round and beyond usually end up working at something besides football. Peyton
is going to be done in 2-4 years. Then what? Well, you might not mind if the
Broncos go through a dozen or so "rebuilding" years, but in my 50+ years with
them I've had enough of that. They did exactly what I wanted them to: Get
their future QB NOW.

Chef Zambini
05-12-2012, 09:55 AM
They weren't looking for "a" quarterback. They were looking for "the" quarterback.
their future QB NOW.lets hope that' s how it plays out, otherwise we will ask ourselves why we surrendured such a valuable pick, our second over all, and pissing away 2 chances to select in the FIRST round when our CURRENT team and QB need so much talent to fill this years and next years rosters.

Do you really think that over the next 2-4 year window, the draft wont provide a worthy candidate for our future QB ?
I fail to understand the fixation,as well as the urgency, I hope elway will be justified for this questionable selection.

TXBRONC
05-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I for one don't think drafting a quarterback in the 2nd round as wasted pick. A big portion of Elway's balancing the immediate with the future. Cugel is right in Elway wants to avoid a train wreck once Manning retires. Bill Polian fired because the Colts went 2-14 and that's after Colts managing 12 wins over the past decade.

TXBRONC
05-12-2012, 10:41 AM
lets hope that' s how it plays out, otherwise we will ask ourselves why we surrendured such a valuable pick, our second over all, and pissing away 2 chances to select in the FIRST round when our CURRENT team and QB need so much talent to fill this years and next years rosters.

Do you really think that over the next 2-4 year window, the draft wont provide a worthy candidate for our future QB ?
I fail to understand the fixation,as well as the urgency, I hope elway will be justified for this questionable selection.

And you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they would find a quarterback that as much Osweiler 2 to 4 years down the road? Canyou also prove beyond a shadow of doubt that said could play immediately and be successful.

You fail see because you're fixated on your belief that you know how to put a pro football team together.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-12-2012, 10:44 AM
For anyone who's curious, there are videos and photos from rookie minicamp up on the Broncos' home site:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/index.html

HORSEPOWER 56
05-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Like I said before, I think the Osweiler pick was actually one of our better picks. I more than understand the urgency of getting players around Manning to win now with "plan A", but I really thought we needed a guy that we would commit to NOW to be Manning's heir apparent. Caleb Hanie (I thought Dixon would've been a better choice) isn't it and other than Andrew Weber, we had no other QBs on the roster. Elway made the Osweiler pick, and if there's one position I'd trust John to be a good judge of talent on, it's QB.

We can't wait for 2-3 years to find the "next one" because for all we know, Manning could call it a career after this season or he might re-aggravate his neck injury at some point. After seeing what Hanie did (or should I say, didn't do) for the Bears in relief of Cutler, it's obvious to me that he's not the guy you want running the team if the starter goes down with the playoffs on the line. I don't want to see Osweiler rushed into action (because that means Peyton isn't in) but, like the Orton vs Tebow argument, I'd rather lose with Osweiler while he develops than lose with Hanie just because he sucks...

tomjonesrocks
05-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I for one don't think drafting a quarterback in the 2nd round as wasted pick. A big portion of Elway's balancing the immediate with the future. Cugel is right in Elway wants to avoid a train wreck once Manning retires. Bill Polian fired because the Colts went 2-14 and that's after Colts managing 12 wins over the past decade.

2-14 was worth it to get Luck IMHO. Sometimes tanking and getting a high pick is the easiest way to get a real FCQB.

Even if Manning succeeds as expected this season, in the next draft there probably would have been another QB in the second tier that would have caught Elway's eye, and had just as unlikely a chance to succeed. And the year after. I'd have preferred to just go all in for the next 2-3 years trying to help Manning and if he doesn't work out you get Barkley or whoever at the top of the next draft.

If nothing else, I feel like the team's draft this year (along with all the trades in the first round in the NFL as a whole) sticks a fork in the whole process of creating mock drafts. What's the point? Did anyone, anywhere, get ANYTHING right in their predictions? I'm going to do my best not to waste a minute of my time reading another mock draft from this point on. Most of the guys Denver drafted didn't even go in the same ROUND as "experts" predicted.

topscribe
05-12-2012, 05:37 PM
lets hope that' s how it plays out, otherwise we will ask ourselves why we surrendured such a valuable pick, our second over all, and pissing away 2 chances to select in the FIRST round when our CURRENT team and QB need so much talent to fill this years and next years rosters.

Yep, just like we asked ourselves about Marcus Nash, Ted Gregory, Willie
Middlebrooks, et al. There are no guarantees. You do the best you can, and
some will bust. When that happens, it doesn't make a difference whether it is
a quarterback, running back, defensive tackle, or cornerback. It is a bust.
Pure and simple. So if Osweiler doesn't work out, I won't feel any worse than
I did about those other guys . . .

ShaneFalco
05-12-2012, 06:03 PM
their future QB NOW.
Tom brady was selected in the 5th.... in fact overall, as silly as it sounds, most qbs selected in the 2nd, dont end up playing football. or end up as a backup for their whole career.

Ive seen osweiler play man, im not that impressed...

Northman
05-12-2012, 06:08 PM

Funny, ive seen him play and i have a totally different opinion. Imagine that. lol

ShaneFalco
05-12-2012, 06:09 PM
imagine that! 2 ppl with different opinions :)

topscribe
05-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Tom brady was selected in the 5th.... in fact overall, as silly as it sounds, most qbs selected in the 2nd, dont end up playing football. or end up as a backup for their whole career.

Actually, Tom Brady was selected in the 6th round. But you made my point . . .

ShaneFalco
05-12-2012, 06:50 PM
really? i did? Then what is this?

I decided to look just at the percentages of QBs taken at #57 or later in the 2nd round or 3rd round (only). I'm not including late round scrubs who never had a chance, many of whom were around for a cup of coffee or spent some time on the developmental squad but never made a start.

I'm not going to argue that Osweiler WILL be a bust because NOBODY can know that. EFX like him and will try and develop him and we'll see.

But according to simple statistics it's a Long-Shot at best. About 5% chance he ever becomes a decent starter (not even elite QB, because that hasn't happened in the last 12 years, but decent starter).

Jimmy Clausen #48
Colt McCoy #85

Pat White #44

Brian Brohme #56
Chad Henne #57

Kevin Kolb #36
Brian Beck #40
Drew Stanton #43
Trent Edwards #92

Kellen Clemmens #49
Tavaris Jackson #64
Charlie Whitehurst #81
Brodie Croyle #85

Charlie Frye #67
Andrew Walther #69
David Greene #85
Kyle Orton #106

Matt Shaub #90

David Ragone #88
Chris Simms #97

Josh McCown #81

Drew Brees #32 (1st pick of the 2nd)
Quincy Carter #53
Marques Tuiaososopo # 59

Giovanni Carmazzi #65
Chris Redmond #75

Drew Brees was the only elite QB drafted in the 2nd round or later in the last 12 years, but he was the #32 pick, basically a first rounder.

Notice that Matt Shaub is the ONLY QB taken at #57 or later who is any good at all. He's not considered an elite QB but he is decent.
And NO, Kyle Orton doesn't count.

So, just looking at STATS, your chances are about 1 in 20 or 5% that Osweiler will ever be any good.

And NO, once again, don't bother arguing that you have confidence in Elway or something equally irrelevant.

He could be good, great or completely worthless. We just don't know at this point.

I'm just pointing out the odds. Vegas is filled with broke losers who bet against the House. Once in a while someone hits the jackpot, that's all.

Chef Zambini
05-12-2012, 06:53 PM
And you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they would find a quarterback that as much Osweiler 2 to 4 years down the road? Canyou also prove beyond a shadow of doubt that said could play immediately and be successful.

You fail see because you're fixated on your belief that you know how to put a pro football team together.is oswieler so fantastic that we should have overlooked the opportunity to select ANY other qbs bound for the NFL in the next 4 years?
I hope so, but odds are against it!
your hate for me is making YOU sound irrational.

lets see.
osweiler or every other available QB over the next 4 years, free agents included.
ELWAY went with osweiler.
I call that fixation.
have a nice mother's day.

topscribe
05-12-2012, 06:59 PM
really? i did? Then what is this?
I'm not sure what that is. You said something about odds, I guess.

I didn't realize Osweiler was a roulette wheel . . .

ShaneFalco
05-12-2012, 07:03 PM
no but apparently every qb taken in the 2nd round is.

Simple Jaded
05-12-2012, 08:35 PM
The draft was deep on talent, shallow on superstars. So getting more picks in the second, third and fourth made a lot of sense.

Even if you aren't able to comprehend what happened.Yeah, if loading up on 2-4 round picks made a lot of sense then why didn't they?.......

Simple Jaded
05-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Yet you think Tebow hung the moon?.......

ShaneFalco
05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Yet you think Tebow hung the moon?.......
no, but he was good enough to help the team get to the playoffs.

and he was young enough to keep getting better and learn from Manning.

I dont think hes the best in the world... and i dont hate his guts to mention him in every thread.

The only QBs i will ever think are the best in the world are John Elway and Kurt Warner. :)

Simple Jaded
05-12-2012, 09:23 PM

I dont think hes the best in the world... and i dont hate his guts to mention him in every thread.

The only QBs i will ever think are the best in the world are John Elway and Kurt Warner. :)I'm just referring to what you think of Tebow compared to Osweiler. Ignore the fact that Denver didn't want him, what have you seen in Tebow, and Hanie/Weber for that matter, that makes Osweiler a wasted pick? The Broncos apparently see a lot more in Osweiler than you did.

Personally, I didn't want Denver to draft a QB either, at least not til later, but now I'm more curious and excited about Osweiler than any of these draft picks.......

ShaneFalco
05-12-2012, 09:37 PM
well to me, it was more about , ok what makes this kid so special?

Osweiler to me, at least, seems to be kind of lucky if you can say that. Kind of like a Favre type of QB. Throwing it up there for grabs. But it was nothing that jumped off the field at me or anything, where i would say to myself. "Ok this kid is going to be playing in the NFL"

I honestly think he should have stayed at school for another year.

Maybe he will make a dramatic leap going into the NFL tho. I will hold off judgement about his ability until i see him play in the NFL. Regardless, i still feel he was not worth a 2nd rounder.

MOtorboat
05-12-2012, 09:41 PM

Osweiler to me, at least, seems to be kind of lucky if you can say that. Kind of like a Favre type of QB. Throwing it up there for grabs. But it was nothing that jumped off the field at me or anything, where i would say to myself. "Ok this kid is going to be playing in the NFL"

Maybe he will make a dramatic leap going into the NFL tho. I will hold off judgement about his ability until i see him play in the NFL. Regardless, i still feel he was not worth a 2nd rounder.

ASU rarely threw it deep, so that's not a very good assessment.

ShaneFalco
05-12-2012, 09:43 PM
you dont have to throw it deep, to throw it up for grabs.

Thats the whole point. He would make careless decisions with the football. So ...thats my opinion, he asked, dont get mad.

Simple Jaded
05-12-2012, 10:04 PM

First of all, obviously Osweiler made the right decision, it could not have worked out better for him. Instead of learning while starting in college he'll learn while sitting in the pro's, and he'll get paid well to do it.

Second, I'd take the gunslinger over the QB's I've been watching the last 3 years but I didn't see much chuck-and-duck in all the ASU games I watched.

Osweiler was generally considered a 2nd-3rd round prospect by every source I saw, that's saying something considering his lack of experience. Considering the Broncos were drafting in the back end of every round I think it's reasonable that Denver thought they had to use their No2 if they wanted him.

I don't think Osweiler was that much of a reach actually and I still can't get passed the fact that someone who relentlessly goes to bat for Tebow is struggling with this pick. There isn't a better example of a reach or waste of a pick than Tebow, he was light years behind in development and a 3rd-5th round prospect that was taken with a 1st round pick that Denver gave up 3 picks to get.

If you were at all consistent you'd be defending this pick too.......

topscribe
05-12-2012, 10:11 PM

The only QBs i will ever think are the best in the world are John Elway and Kurt Warner. :)
Sorry, I can't buy that. IMO, the Broncos got to the playoffs despite Tebow.
The 32nd rated QB isn't good enough to get his team anywhere. The defense
got them there, IMO. Had the defense played at the same level as the year
before, the Broncos would have had the opportunity to draft Luck.

Tebow is better off where he is now. And so are the Broncos, IMO . . .

ShaneFalco
05-12-2012, 10:11 PM
tebow was not worth a first rounder at his current skill level at the time of the draft....no way. People drafted him the first because of what he could become and his mass of intangibles, not to mention the 2 BCS rings. Any team who would have drafted tim, knew he would have to sit for 1-2 years before even thinking about starting.

But you could tell he had special abilities. and say "wow this kid will be playing in the NFL"

But you knew he had work to do.

I dont see any of this with osweiler. Now you can call me tebow lover or watever. Im just giving my humble opinon, i dont know more then elway about QBs, i can admit that :). Sorry if it hurts your ego that Tebow was drafted in the first.

MOtorboat
05-12-2012, 10:13 PM
tebow was not worth a first rounder at his current skill level....no way. People drafted him the first because of what he could become and his mass of intagibles. Any team who would have drafted tim, knew he would have to sit for 1-2 years before even thinking about starting.

But you could tell he had special abilities. and say "wow this kid will be playing in the NFL"

I dont see any of this with osweiler. Now you can call me tebow lover or watever. Im just realistic about it. Sorry if that hurts your ego that Tebow was drafted in the first.

McDaniels drafted Tebow in the first round because he is an idiot. Not because Tebow has much potential.

Simple Jaded
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
tebow was not worth a first rounder at his current skill level at the time of the draft....no way. People drafted him the first because of what he could become and his mass of intangibles, not to mention the 2 BCS rings. Any team who would have drafted tim, knew he would have to sit for 1-2 years before even thinking about starting.

I dont see any of this with osweiler. Now you can call me tebow lover or watever. Im just realistic about it. Sorry if that hurts your ego that Tebow was drafted in the first.
What special abilities exactly? Realistically, all of his special abilities pertain to the running game or off the field altogether. I didn't hear/read anyone saying otherwise, it was mostly; "Great college player, great kid but his skills do not translate to the NFL". The only sellin what you're shoveling was Josh McDaniels.......

TXBRONC
05-13-2012, 08:03 AM
2-14 was worth it to get Luck IMHO. Sometimes tanking and getting a high pick is the easiest way to get a real FCQB.

Even if Manning succeeds as expected this season, in the next draft there probably would have been another QB in the second tier that would have caught Elway's eye, and had just as unlikely a chance to succeed. And the year after. I'd have preferred to just go all in for the next 2-3 years trying to help Manning and if he doesn't work out you get Barkley or whoever at the top of the next draft.

If nothing else, I feel like the team's draft this year (along with all the trades in the first round in the NFL as a whole) sticks a fork in the whole process of creating mock drafts. What's the point? Did anyone, anywhere, get ANYTHING right in their predictions? I'm going to do my best not to waste a minute of my time reading another mock draft from this point on. Most of the guys Denver drafted didn't even go in the same ROUND as "experts" predicted.

There is no guarantee that Luck will succeed. None whatsoever. As we all know picking that high in the draft means there is more wrong with your team than one player can fix. I for one would not want to endure watching the Broncos go 2-14 I think that would suck ass even knowing we might be in the mix for Barkley . Since it's not our job that is on the line maybe that's why it seems like a great idea but I think Elway would rather keep job.

I'm not sure about all the picks but I'm pretty sure that Osweiler drew a second round grade I think Wolfe did as well but I'm sure about him as I am about Osweiler.

I don't think is any probably to it. There is no predicting whether or not Elway will find another quarterback like enough to take in future drafts. We didn't take a quarterback in 2011 so what makes anyone sure that there will be one that Elway likes in future drafts?

Chef Zambini
05-13-2012, 08:24 AM

The only QBs i will ever think are the best in the world are John Elway and Kurt Warner. :)but you fail to see the big elephant in the room. the circus that came with tebow was a huge distraction ! the tebow fanatics were out of control and oits obvious by their actions that ELWAY and Co. wanted nothing to do with him !'
they wanted tebow out, and landing MANNING provided the exit.

TEBOW, not worth the drama, so says elway and company.

Nomad
05-13-2012, 10:54 AM
BRONCOS got the pass rushing DT in Wolfe, I've been asking for all these years. No, he's not Ngata, but I have hope he'll become a great player for the BRONCOS. All the other players are BRONCOS now, so they'll get my support, even though I wasn't thrilled at the beginning.

Chef Zambini
05-13-2012, 12:28 PM
what about our run defense?
teams are gonna try to run the ball against us and keep manning on the sidelines.

Northman
05-13-2012, 12:36 PM
what about our run defense?
teams are gonna try to run the ball against us and keep manning on the sidelines.

They will try but with Manning we will be putting pressure for opposing teams to keep up. We ran all over NE early in the first meeting last year. But when we fell behind we didnt have the offense to keep up. Our pass defense was more atrocious than our run defense.

Chef Zambini
05-13-2012, 02:00 PM
last year we had goodman, so passing against us was a no-brainer. this year we are building almost exclusively to stop the pass so. QPQ, teams will find it easier and be more motivated to run against us.
kinda like what happened to both the jets and eagles, and when teams did pass ah gainst those pass rushing corner heavy defenses, they did so with their TEs, working against LBs and safeties who could not match up!
I see our broncos with the Same issues and deficiencies.

topscribe
05-13-2012, 02:13 PM
but you fail to see the big elephant in the room. the circus that came with tebow was a huge distraction ! the tebow fanatics were out of control and oits obvious by their actions that ELWAY and Co. wanted nothing to do with him !'

Tebow and Orton are gone, and we're all friends again.

Or, most of us, anyway . . . 1419

Northman
05-13-2012, 02:14 PM
last year we had goodman, so passing against us was a no-brainer. this year we are building almost exclusively to stop the pass so. QPQ, teams will find it easier and be more motivated to run against us.
kinda like what happened to both the jets and eagles, and when teams did pass ah gainst those pass rushing corner heavy defenses, they did so with their TEs, working against LBs and safeties who could not match up!
I see our broncos with the Same issues and deficiencies.

I dont. If they try to run against us they will have some success. But just like what happened with the Pats we will simply overwhelm them and then they will have to abandon the run just to keep up.

ShaneFalco
05-13-2012, 02:52 PM
but you fail to see the big elephant in the room. the circus that came with tebow was a huge distraction ! the tebow fanatics were out of control and oits obvious by their actions that ELWAY and Co. wanted nothing to do with him !'

yes i know, i remember seeing people chanting at the games. The main reason we even had an elephant in the room, was because Orton was so bad, it forced many fans to look somewhere else. Now with Peyton Manning here, do you honestly think fans would be chanting Tebow? Thats silly. Most of them would shutup after Manning throws for 3 tds in the first half.

Again, i just dont like osweiler in the 2nd. he was a 3rd or 4th to me, but obviously he meant more to elway, and elway knows alot more about QBs.

Simple Jaded
05-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Osweiler may not have been there in the late 3rd round, he probably wouldn't have. Since the new CBA/rookie wage scale teams a far more willing to overdraft QB to make sure they get the QB they want. The Browns didn't wanna wait til early 2nd to take Weeden, Ponder/Vikings and Locker/Titans in '11. Denver used a late 2nd.

Edit:

Btw, absolutely there would be Tebow chants, billboards and tweeter overload.......

Chef Zambini
05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
''sacrifice the short-term for the long-term''
elways own words in expalining why he drafted brocko.
exactly how i perceived it, and frankly, hard to justify.

Ravage!!!
05-15-2012, 05:46 PM
If it were any other position, maybe hard to justify. But not the QB position. Its the ONE position that you absolutely need for success in this league. Putting a young, talented, kid with a ton of potential in a spot to learn behind Manning, is IDEAL. The high dividends for the long run GREATLY outweigh any.. ANY... possible "dividends" for this season at any other position.

Osweiller would NOT have been available in the 3rd round.....certainly not the 4th. He was rated as the 4th QB in the draft by most.

Our run defense isn't nearly as bad as some of you guys are saying. "running the ball to keep out of Manning's hands" has been the philosophy against Indy for the last 12 years. Not exactly breaking news, there. How'd that work out for most? Not too well (thinking of bubble boy as I say that).

Just as NE's and GBs passing defense wasn't NEARLY as bad as the stats show. YOu get up on a team, they throw the ball more times, thus, putting up more stats. NE and GB were pretty much always scoring early and fast, putting teams in a position to HAVE to throw to keep up with them. With Manning, teams can't/won't afford the luxury of simply running against us at will. We couldn't score on offense last year, thus teams were rarely behind enough to have to worry about throwing. Not to mention, we punted so many times a game, that the other team constantly had the ball.

Think how much better Doom and Von are going to be when they know the other team HAS to pass to keep up!! Thats playing into our team's strengths.

Jsteve01
05-15-2012, 06:02 PM
I like your post but really a ton of teams threw on us. I'm still not sold in this defense. I think it's average at best.

topscribe
05-15-2012, 06:05 PM
I like your post but really a ton of teams threw on us. I'm still not sold in this defense. I think it's average at best.
I hope so. That would mean the Broncos are probably 15th, 16th in defense.

That's all Peyton will need . . .

topscribe
05-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Osweiler may not have been there in the late 3rd round, he probably wouldn't have. Since the new CBA/rookie wage scale teams a far more willing to overdraft QB to make sure they get the QB they want. The Browns didn't wanna wait til early 2nd to take Weeden, Ponder/Vikings and Locker/Titans in '11. Denver used a late 2nd.

Edit:

Btw, absolutely there would be Tebow chants, billboards and tweeter overload.......
And the Broncos got the best of the bunch after Luck and RGIII, IMO.

In 2013, Osweiler would have been a first-rounder and out of reach for the Broncos, IMO . . .

Jsteve01
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
so we spent a second rounder on a guy that Elway and Gase are going to to work overtime on for the next few years. A guy that next year probably goes in the first. I'm still trying to figure out why this is a bad move. a

Ravage!!!
05-15-2012, 06:46 PM

I think the NFL had more 5000 yrd passers than EVER before. THe NFL QBs are throwing for a TON of yards against EVERYONE. Welcome to the new, no stop the WR, NFL.

ShaneFalco
05-15-2012, 07:43 PM

along with reggie wayne and jeff saturday....

topscribe
05-15-2012, 08:07 PM
along with reggie wayne and jeff saturday....
I would like to have seen Saturday in a Broncos uni. However, I would not trade
the youngsters DT and Decker for a 34-year-old Wayne. No, not even Caldwell.

Yes, Peyton once had Harrison and Wayne. But they were good largely because
of him. I believe the Broncos are stacked at receiver. I also believe Peyton is
joining a better team than he did in Indy. Should that not be exciting?

ShaneFalco
05-15-2012, 11:12 PM
its exciting, but i think even the colts had more offensive weapons then us when he was there.

Cugel
05-17-2012, 12:42 PM

Unfortunately, that's a bit like saying: "I got the hottest remaining girl out of the group after Megan Fox and Jessica Alba were taken! I got the cafeteria luncheon meat lady and she's definitely the 3rd hottest." :laugh:

http://thenoz.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/mom-lunch_lady1.jpg?w=258&h=300

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 01:29 PM
NFL defenses, especially in the AFC are being built to stop the WRs.
thats why teams that utilize their TEs and still run the ball effectively are succeeding.
the JETS and EAGLES went all in on their secondaries last year...
they got beat by the run game and failing to match-up with tight ends.
Our TEs will have a huge impact this year for our offense, but...
how will we stop the run and other teams TEs?

Superchop 7
05-17-2012, 01:42 PM
I will be in the major minority here, but I would get Burress and tell him he only plays in the red zone. (1 mill guaranteed contract.......CHEAP)

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 03:11 PM
I will be in the major minority here, but I would get Burress and tell him he only plays in the red zone. (1 mill guaranteed contract.......CHEAP)

I'm with you on this. Burress hasn't been a locker-room cancer, that I know of. He's a top talent, and I don't know why we haven't pursued him. I would LOVE him on this team, and feel he would excel in our offense. I'm with you, he would be a GREAT addition, and I woudln't just start him in the red-zone.

HammeredOut
05-17-2012, 04:01 PM

Well Tim Tebow won about 7 games last season with an average of 14 points on offense per win, per game... If that isn't defense.. Im not sure what is...

Superchop 7
05-17-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm with you on this. Burress hasn't been a locker-room cancer, that I know of. He's a top talent, and I don't know why we haven't pursued him. I would LOVE him on this team, and feel he would excel in our offense. I'm with you, he would be a GREAT addition, and I woudln't just start him in the red-zone.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

He is a decent guy......not a T.O. or a Moss.....and he will be picked up. He has humbled himself to be a role player and thats what we need as we develop the young ones, nice insurance and great bang for the buck imo.

NorCalBronco7
05-17-2012, 06:34 PM

Nah Rav, Burress had a tough time seperating from coverage last season, and hes not althetic as it is. I dont see a role for him in the offense and he would be overpriced more than likely. When the Broncos are clearly looking at value signings right now, I dont think adding Burress would be in the cards.

I am a little worried about the depth at WR though. But adding Hill, Caldwell and Stokes makes me pretty damn sure the Broncos wont sign another WR. Just got to see how it all shakes out.

Ravage!!!
05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Nah Rav, Burress had a tough time seperating from coverage last season, and hes not althetic as it is. I dont see a role for him in the offense and he would be overpriced more than likely. When the Broncos are clearly looking at value signings right now, I dont think adding Burress would be in the cards.

I am a little worried about the depth at WR though. But adding Hill, Caldwell and Stokes makes me pretty damn sure the Broncos wont sign another WR. Just got to see how it all shakes out.

I guess. But I see him being better than Hill, Caldwell and Stokely. Not only does he provide a good 3rd, but a decent 2 if/when one goes down. BIG body, long arms, good hands. Would be a extremely solid addition, especially with a guy like Manning throwing the ball.

Jsteve01
05-18-2012, 03:57 PM
I guess. But I see him being better than Hill, Caldwell and Stokely. Not only does he provide a good 3rd, but a decent 2 if/when one goes down. BIG body, long arms, good hands. Would be a extremely solid addition, especially with a guy like Manning throwing the ball.

He's another guy that seems to have gotten old really fast. I can see him the red zone but like an earlier poster said. he just doesn't separate any more

Ravage!!!
05-18-2012, 04:06 PM
He's another guy that seems to have gotten old really fast. I can see him the red zone but like an earlier poster said. he just doesn't separate any more

Thats possible. Could also be that he had a bad passing QB. Seems none of the WRs with the Jets the last few years have been very hot.

Cugel
05-21-2012, 05:45 PM

In 2013, Osweiler would have been a first-rounder and out of reach for the Broncos, IMO . . .

You can't say Osweiler would be "out of reach" for the Broncos if he were a first round pick unless he was going to be taken with the top overall pick of the draft (not likely) or perhaps a top 2 pick.

Was RGIII "out of reach" for the Redskins?

Ravage!!!
05-22-2012, 01:50 PM
You can't say Osweiler would be "out of reach" for the Broncos if he were a first round pick unless he was going to be taken with the top overall pick of the draft (not likely) or perhaps a top 2 pick.

Was RGIII "out of reach" for the Redskins?

I think people are referring to "out of reach" when referring to a player you won't be able to draft without giving up a ton of picks to get him. NO player is out of reach if you are willing to give enough for them, but considering thats what we DON'T like to do, or prefer not to do, then thats not the "favorite" option.

However... if you are saying that Os would have been high enough that we would have had to give up picks to move up and get in the first round next year, that just makes the point on the pick for this season.

Npba900
05-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Hmm?

Its a little early to tell. Give the 2012 draft class two-three years and then we should know.

andrewsko82
06-08-2012, 03:09 PM
i think the one positive thing to our draft is none of the players cons are work ethic or lacks intensity. Those things cant be coached, the rest can. Overall becuase of drafting andre the giant in the 2nd id give em a c.

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 11:14 AM
I am stoked to see what Wolfe can do on the field.

ShaneFalco
06-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Wolfe should howl everytime he gets a sack