PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Pre season Superbowl picks

underrated29
05-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Its slow, TC hasnt started but the draft and more or less FA is over with. So come in this thread and waste your time with your top 2 picks for each conference SB teams.

AFC:
Steelers
Broncos

NFC
Eagles
Packers

Why?
Steelers- They added more beef to their D. Plus a home run threat in Rainey. Their guys aside from mendenhall will be healthy and they have two really good really fast WRs. Plus, you can never count out big ben.

Broncos- I think we will have one of the best offenses next year. I can see us averaging 30+ points a game. dead serious. That is enough to carry our defense which imo is more built to protect a lead, all the way to the promised land. And dont hate on my glasses.-last time we changed jerseys.......nevermind-were legit, thats all i got to say.

Eagles- WOW- this team just needed to come together as a unit (kinda like what the broncos need to do-only we have better leadership). But they could have the best offense in the NFL rivaling what brady and the pats did a few years back with the 59 tds or whatever it was. Plus, they added some players and I like their defense to get back to being dominant like it was before. I think they were near tops in turnovers last year. This team is the team to look out for right now.

Packers- they signed jeff saturday-nuff said.-kidding. I dont know or care if he plays, but I told everyone before rodgers played that he was going to be a super stud and he is and he is going to "fly high, you know it, Ballin!!!!" He is a Bowss! and much bigger better bowss than brady or eli or anyone else in the nfc. So they make it hard core!

Northman
05-11-2012, 02:18 PM
I can see Denver meeting Pitt in the AFCG but that game can go either way. It all depends on the injuries either team has going in. If we meet a banged up team like last year we will smoke them.

rjent
05-11-2012, 02:50 PM
I say look out NFL the Broncos are on a stampede. Gonna be a lot of dead animals (or road kill in some states) left in our wake ...... :coffee:

Of course I think that every year .... :lol:

underrated29
05-11-2012, 03:09 PM
interesting that no one else has posted their pre pre season super bowl picks. but i agree rj we could get on a roll.

MNPatsFan
05-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Its slow, TC hasnt started but the draft and more or less FA is over with. So come in this thread and waste your time with your top 2 picks for each conference SB teams.

AFC:
Steelers
Broncos

NFC
Eagles
PackersOkay, I will play too. My top 2 picks for each conference SB teams are:

AFC (Alphabetical order)
Patriots
Steelers

NFC (Alphabetical order)
49ers
Packers

Why?

Patriots made it to the Super Bowl last year with a suspect and weak D. They have significantly upgraded the talent, speed and athletic ability of their D through the draft and FA. They have also improved their offense through FA by improving their one noticeable weak area: WR deep threat and depth by signing Brandon Lloyd and a number of other good quality receivers to battle it out during TC.

Steelers have gotten younger and better as a team, especially on the OL, which was a huge issue and weakness for them, plus the Ravens lost T. Suggs for the season.

49ers were in the NFCCG last season and appear to have improved and strengthened the areas they were weak and suspect at.

Green Bay, similar to NE, has really improved its D to complement its high octane and potent offense.

IBroncos- I think we will have one of the best offenses next year. I can see us averaging 30+ points a game. dead serious. That is enough to carry our defense which imo is more built to protect a lead, all the way to the promised land. And dont hate on my glasses.-last time we changed jerseys.......nevermind-were legit, thats all i got to say.I agree that the Broncos offense will be significantly improved, but not sure will be one of the best offenses. Offenses I think will be better are: Packers, Patriots, Saints (if Brees signs), Texans, Lions, and perhaps the Bears and IMHO the 7th or 8th offense doesn't deserve to be labeled "one of the best offenses".:salute:

CoachChaz
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Pats, Steelers

Saints, Packers

Why - Pats have a very difficult offense to defend. The D has not improved as much as some people think...at least IMO. But they play in a pathetic division and that helps. The Steelers almost seem to have ZERO weaknesses at this point. If it gels, they will be scary.

The Saints lost minimally on offense, but gained a ton on defense. Vilma is out, but Lofton, Hawthorne and Bunk are in. That's an improvement. The Pack will not fade away in the playoffs like they did last year. The Bears and Lions should be better, but I still thisnk it's the Pack's division to lose.

SR
05-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Green Bay and Atlanta for NFC. Baltimore and New England for AFC

topscribe
05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Green Bay, SF

NE, Pitt

Why? - I dunno . . .

UnderArmour
05-11-2012, 04:16 PM
AFC:
Patriots
Broncos

New England is more likely and it's entirely possible this offense breaks the records they set in 07. Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker all return with new weapons on the outside in Lloyd and Gaffney gives McDaniels plenty of toys to work with. The Patriots have upgraded their offensive line in recent years as well. They do play in a division where everyone's secondary is deep and they lack a true workhorse back but with the upgrades on defense, it's going to take a lot of things to go wrong for the Patriots to lose a game.

I'm going to go with the Broncos as my second team but if Suggs gets healthy in time to play late season, the Ravens will be the team in the AFC. Going with Denver because of the addition of Manning as well as the improvements made in the secondary with the additions of Porter, Adams, and Florence. After losing all of their secondary depth last year to injuries, the defense should be much improved. This should be the best defense Manning has played with in his career and a more talented roster than the one he left behind in Indy. If Manning looks like he did 2 years ago, this is definitely a team that can keep up with the Patriots offensively.

NFC:
New Orleans
Green Bay

The NFC really is too close to call. The 49ers, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Falcons, and Bears are all Super Bowl contenders in addition to the two teams I listed.

Despite losing their head coach, New Orleans still has the best quarterback in the NFL at the helm with an elite offensive line. This is a team that had a horrible first half against the 49ers but still managed to come back and almost win that game. Ingram should be improved heading into his second year giving the Saints a loaded backfield to go along with their passing attack. I don't think Payton's suspension will slow down the offense and the defense under Spags should be vastly improved from a year ago where the defensive was horribly mismanaged with William's blitz blitz blitz approach. Plus this team is UNSTOPPABLE at home. They will win all 8 home games almost guaranteed barring a Tebow-type miracle by the opposing team. The advantage the Super Dome gives them cannot be overstated. The week 1 game against the Packers and the close game against the 49ers show that this offense really can overcome anything. The question is if the defense will be there and if Brees can keep this team together with Payton on league-imposed vacation. I don't buy into the Panthers, Bucs, or Falcons unseating them. If this team gets home field advantage, they will be hosting a Super Bowl.

Green Bay had serious issues with their offensive line and defense last year, two things that cannot wear down if you want to win a Super Bowl. The league went easy on them this year giving them home games against both the 2011 #2 seed 49ers and #3 seed Saints (seriously, that's some bullshit). Barring Chicago miraculously sweeping the Packers and an upset by the Vikings/Lions, this team is in line for home field advantage again. Looking at the schedule, this team should have no problem replicating their efforts from last year.

topscribe
05-11-2012, 04:26 PM
AFC:
Patriots
Broncos

Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker all return with new weapons on the outside in Lloyd and Gaffney gives McDaniels plenty of toys to work with.
Yup . . . ex-Broncos . . . :tsk:

Add Marshall to Cutler . . . instant contenders.

Add Lloyd and Gaffney . . . a champion favorite becomes even better.

NightTerror218
05-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Okay, I will play too. My top 2 picks for each conference SB teams are:

AFC (Alphabetical order)
Patriots
Steelers

NFC (Alphabetical order)
49ers
Packers

Why?

Patriots made it to the Super Bowl last year with a suspect and weak D. They have significantly upgraded the talent, speed and athletic ability of their D through the draft and FA. They have also improved their offense through FA by improving their one noticeable weak area: WR deep threat and depth by signing Brandon Lloyd and a number of other good quality receivers to battle it out during TC.

Steelers have gotten younger and better as a team, especially on the OL, which was a huge issue and weakness for them, plus the Ravens lost T. Suggs for the season.

49ers were in the NFCCG last season and appear to have improved and strengthened the areas they were weak and suspect at.

Green Bay, similar to NE, has really improved its D to complement its high octane and potent offense.

I agree that the Broncos offense will be significantly improved, but not sure will be one of the best offenses. Offenses I think will be better are: Packers, Patriots, Saints (if Brees signs), Texans, Lions, and perhaps the Bears and IMHO the 7th or 8th offense doesn't deserve to be labeled "one of the best offenses".:salute:

Just to put this out there, no SB loser has EVER MADE IT BACK TO THE SB. With that said.......

AFC:
Broncos
Houston

NFC:
Packers
Giants

Houston was on a roll until they lost multi QBs. I think Pats will do well but lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Broncos will be a surprise since Offense will be great and an improved D will help carry them. Steelers cut half their Vets this season. So I think the Ravens knock them around and so do Bengals so they will barely miss Wild Card and Bengals will steal that.

packers are so over powered its insane. But they out race any NFC team. Giants are underestimated most of time and Eli is clutch. I think that alone will give edge over 49ers who also make the playoffs. They will be solid again but will Alex Smith be better or fall back into average groove. They snuck up a lot last year but I think Packers knock them off. Saints are going to fall on face. Chicago will wild card it in but no be able to stop 49ers/Packers/Giants

CrazyHorse
05-11-2012, 11:48 PM
NFC
Giants
Packers

AFC
Texans
Broncos

Personally I hope its Broncos vs Giants. Manning vs Manning would be awesome.

CrazyHorse
05-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Just to put this out there, no SB loser has EVER MADE IT BACK TO THE SB. With that said.......

AFC:
Broncos
Houston

NFC:
Packers
Giants

Houston was on a roll until they lost multi QBs. I think Pats will do well but lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Broncos will be a surprise since Offense will be great and an improved D will help carry them. Steelers cut half their Vets this season. So I think the Ravens knock them around and so do Bengals so they will barely miss Wild Card and Bengals will steal that.

packers are so over powered its insane. But they out race any NFC team. Giants are underestimated most of time and Eli is clutch. I think that alone will give edge over 49ers who also make the playoffs. They will be solid again but will Alex Smith be better or fall back into average groove. They snuck up a lot last year but I think Packers knock them off. Saints are going to fall on face. Chicago will wild card it in but no be able to stop 49ers/Packers/Giants

Ever hear of a team called the Buffalo Bills?

Davii
05-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Broncos. After that who really gives a damn?

MOtorboat
05-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Ever hear of a team called the Buffalo Bills?

Or the Denver Broncos. :whoknows:

This sounds like an overly optimistic thread, so, Broncos over Packers.

Chef Zambini
05-12-2012, 10:07 AM
NFC
GB or SF, my sleeper pick is the LIONS.

AFC

steelers or broncos, my sleeper pick is the bengals.

the pats?
they haveJMCD, this time with a huge ego that will get in the way.
the jets? no way they survive the tebow circus.

UnderArmour
05-12-2012, 11:03 AM
NFC
GB or SF, my sleeper pick is the LIONS.

AFC

steelers or broncos, my sleeper pick is the bengals.

the pats?
they haveJMCD, this time with a huge ego that will get in the way.
the jets? no way they survive the tebow circus.
The Lions secondary is still bad and their Run defense isn't that great. If the Bears hadn't lost Cutler this team would not have made the playoffs. Chicago is clearly the second best team in that division and improved their offense enough in the offseason with Marshall and Bush. I don't see Detroit making the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl. Stafford is no Brees, Brady, or Rodgers; their passing attack might reach that level eventually but until then they will not be able to pull it off consistently without a running game.

OrangeHoof
05-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I go with the proven organizations that know how to win:

AFC - Patriots, Steelers
NFC - Packers, Giants

Teams like SF, Houston, Detroit and Denver are probably still at least a year away or have yet to get that championship swagger.

Chef Zambini
05-13-2012, 09:19 AM
The Lions secondary is still bad and their Run defense isn't that great. If the Bears hadn't lost Cutler this team would not have made the playoffs. Chicago is clearly the second best team in that division and improved their offense enough in the offseason with Marshall and Bush. I don't see Detroit making the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl. Stafford is no Brees, Brady, or Rodgers; their passing attack might reach that level eventually but until then they will not be able to pull it off consistently without a running game.the DEFENSE is exactly where the LIONS will make the biggest improvement this year. as for their run game, i guess you did not hear that barry sanders is coming back?
STAFFORD?
I rate him a current top ten NFL QB and his fantasy numbers put him in the top 3-5 !
again note the phrase "sleeper' in my prediction, as in looking for great vegas odds kind of sleeper.
same with cincy.

FanInAZ
05-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker all return with new weapons on the outside in Lloyd and Gaffney gives McDaniels plenty of toys to work with.

You mean that the Patriots could have the kind of high powered offense that the Broncos & Rams had when McD coached them? :eek: Wow, just wow! :eek: They might actually beak .500 this year & possibly sneak into the play-offs as the AFC's 6th seed. Why get this kid more toys when he keeps breaking everything that he's given?

Seriously, Boy Wonder has been exposed over the last 3 season as someone whose reputation was built on what Belichick built in New England long before McD arrived.

MileHighCrew
05-14-2012, 07:13 AM
As Bronco fans, in the season of Manning, how do you not just pick Denver?

Go Broncos

OrangeHoof
05-14-2012, 10:09 AM
As Bronco fans, in the season of Manning, how do you not just pick Denver?

Because I don't like the supporting cast. We won last year with Tebow and mirrors. Yes, Manning is a huge upgrade over Tebow but now there's no excuse for receivers dropping passes and teams will have an easier time stopping the run because they know Peyton's not going to take off with the ball. How well will our OL pass protect now that we have a statue back there instead of a runner?

Then you have a defense that is still weak except at CB and pass rushers.

I may like them better in 2013 but I just don't see a championship in 2012, not even an AFC West title.

DenBronx
05-14-2012, 07:24 PM
We're going to win it all you FOOLS!!!!!

ShaneFalco
05-14-2012, 09:03 PM
superbowl will be Denver Broncos vs St. Louis Rams.

Pudge
05-14-2012, 10:42 PM
I'll put $100 that we win the AFC west

Ravage!!!
05-15-2012, 10:02 AM
I don't think the Patriots go back purely because they got there off some pretty weak talent this last season. Some would say that means they have a 'better' shot this season, but I think it catches up with them. You are always a SB contender when you have a QB like Brady, but I just dont' see them making it back....especially with McDaniels back at the helm. But then, Brady makes any OC look good (which is why McDaniels scrambled back to NE as fast as he could).

I think its going to be unexpected teams this year. The problem is, the AFC is just so friggin weak right now. Pittsburgh is looking old, so I think that catches up to them again this season, just as their injuries caught up with them last year in the playoffs.

So I'm going to say Denver-Baltimore (speaking of getting old)

In the NFC..tons of talent with tons of good QBs. I don't think the 49ers come CLOSE to repeating last year's record. I think that was the energy of a new coach, and the great season that Smith had. Can he duplicate that? I don't think so. They were bad just 2 years ago, and forever before that. I'm not convinced that they simply turned on a lightswitch and everything is different.

No way Vick is the QB that takes Philly to the SB. He's not a good passer.

But its hard to imagine any team stepping up and being better than GB. I think its going to be the unexpected teams, again... so something like...Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, or Tampa.

I guess if I narrow it down... Dal - Chicago

Ravage!!!
05-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Because I don't like the supporting cast. We won last year with Tebow and mirrors. Yes, Manning is a huge upgrade over Tebow but now there's no excuse for receivers dropping passes and teams will have an easier time stopping the run because they know Peyton's not going to take off with the ball. How well will our OL pass protect now that we have a statue back there instead of a runner?

Then you have a defense that is still weak except at CB and pass rushers.

I may like them better in 2013 but I just don't see a championship in 2012, not even an AFC West title.

I agree with your last sentence, but...

I think its harder to defend the run when you actually respect the pass. The opposing defense isnt' going to stack 8-9 people in the box against Peyton as they did against Tebow. I also think Manning makes its MUCH easier on pass protecting since the OL knows where Manning is going to be, instead of having to adjust to a QB that doesn't step INTO a pocket. Also, Manning is the master of recognizing defenses...puting the blockers into the right position and getting rid of the ball quickly is his forte.

As far as our defense. I don't think its as bad as people think. Not to mention, the defense will have some help from the offense this year.

OrangeHoof
05-15-2012, 10:51 AM
What contributed to the Broncos' success last year with Tebow is that defenses had to account for 11 players on every play rather than 10. That takes defenders out of their comfort zones. In a Manning offense, players will know what to expect in their assignments and that puts a premium on execution rather than surprise.

I don't doubt Manning will execute, make the right reads and get the ball exactly where it needs to go. What I'm not confident in is a) whether he'll have time to throw and b) whether guys like Decker and DT will actually hold on to the passes. I saw too many throws last year where Tebow put the ball where it ought to be caught and the receivers just didn't catch them. That's not to say Tebow didn't make a lot of bad passes - he did. But his sorry stats looked worse because his receivers didn't always come up with catchable passes.

That's what I meant by "supporting cast". The Colts spent years looking for guys with a certain skill set to match Manning's offense. We're retrofitting personnel designed for others and expecting Manning to be as good. I don't think he will this season.

Dapper Dan
05-15-2012, 11:17 AM
I'd like to see a Super Bowl 32 rematch, with the same result.

Ravage!!!
05-15-2012, 12:20 PM
What contributed to the Broncos' success last year with Tebow is that defenses had to account for 11 players on every play rather than 10. That takes defenders out of their comfort zones. In a Manning offense, players will know what to expect in their assignments and that puts a premium on execution rather than surprise.
I disagree. They may not worry about Manning's running, but they sure as hell worry about his passing. Defenses are schemed to try and CONFUSE or hide from Manning. Thats absolutely.. ABSOLUTELY...taking Manning into consideration. Much more so than Tebow. I've never seen a successful offense that relied on "surprise." Manning had run his same offense for 10+ years and always won more than 10 games. I don't think surprise is a key ingredient to any offense. The "tebow" surprise pretty much wore off after the Chicago game. Teams knew not to drop back into a prevent and make Tebow beat you with his arm. We got lucky against the Steelers with their injuries, and we took advantage of that.

I don't doubt Manning will execute, make the right reads and get the ball exactly where it needs to go. What I'm not confident in is a) whether he'll have time to throw and b) whether guys like Decker and DT will actually hold on to the passes. I saw too many throws last year where Tebow put the ball where it ought to be caught and the receivers just didn't catch them. That's not to say Tebow didn't make a lot of bad passes - he did. But his sorry stats looked worse because his receivers didn't always come up with catchable passes.
Yeah, but generally Tim's passes were off the mark. Making the receiver have to slow down, go low, reach behind.. or fight off the defender for the ball. ITs not like they knew where the ball was going to be when they broke from their route. They didn't. THe Receivers had a MUCH harder time dealing with Tebow's throws than the other way around.

That's what I meant by "supporting cast". The Colts spent years looking for guys with a certain skill set to match Manning's offense. We're retrofitting personnel designed for others and expecting Manning to be as good. I don't think he will this season.
Hmmm... you think years? I guess that doesn't seem to match up in my mind, because Manning started off with Harrison and Edge. He had Wayne from very early on. He's had had Ken Dilger and Pollard before Dallas Clark. I don't think that its hard to find a match for Manning. I think Manning makes ANY WR or TE better (look what he did with Tamme). Just like Brady. Every year these two guys will have different people in the lineup due to injuries, and every year the guys that come in look like the new "up and coming" man in the NFL. I think its VERY easy to find WRs to work well with Peyton.

DT and Decker are good. I have absolutely NOOOOOO worries about these two guys, at all. Decker was looking fantastic with Orton throwing the ball.

The odds are against us for sure. The odds are against anyone in the NFL, and a team that comes in and has a new QB at the helm is certainly behind going to take a few to get the ball rolling. But I think the UPside and he gain gathered, over what we lost, is FAR more.

Manning makes WRs and the OL better. We had holding calls because the holds are determined by where the QB is. If the OL has his back turned to the QB,and the QB takes off backwards...as soon as the DL moves...its a hold. Manning went to the Super Bowl with a rookie LT, that turned out to be crap.

topscribe
05-15-2012, 12:26 PM
I'd like to see a Super Bowl 32 rematch, with the same result.
Wouldn't that be something? We had two then future HOFers going head-to-head
back then, and we would have two probably future HOFers with the same teams
now. That would be amazing . . .

Dapper Dan
05-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't that be something? We had two then future HOFers going head-to-head
back then, and we would have two probably future HOFers with the same teams
now. That would be amazing . . .
My buddy, Packers fan, said he's praying for a SB 32 rematch. I said, yea, I'm praying for the same result.

Cugel
05-16-2012, 01:35 PM
I agree with your last sentence, but...

I think its harder to defend the run when you actually respect the pass. The opposing defense isnt' going to stack 8-9 people in the box against Peyton as they did against Tebow. I also think Manning makes its MUCH easier on pass protecting since the OL knows where Manning is going to be, instead of having to adjust to a QB that doesn't step INTO a pocket. Also, Manning is the master of recognizing defenses...puting the blockers into the right position and getting rid of the ball quickly is his forte.

As far as our defense. I don't think its as bad as people think. Not to mention, the defense will have some help from the offense this year.

Both those things are true.

You can run play action to open up the pass, but you need to be able to run the ball, and Denver has struggled to do that effectively, despite their rushing total from last year.

That depended a lot on Tebow.

This year their OL is going to have to block a lot better.

Defensively, they aren't stronger up the middle as far as I can see. They've actually lost their top 4 DTs (Warren, Thomas, McBean and Bunkley) -- although Warren might just be back if no other team offers him more money.

They drafted Wolfe, but it will take him a couple of years to develop. Vickerson is a scrub, but he might actually be their best DT this year (shudder).

In the Patriots game Brady shredded the defense. Denver has added veteran DBs this off-season: Mike Adams, Porter, Drayton Florence being the keys.

Their secondary is a LOT better and more experienced than last year, but it remains to be seen if that translates into much tighter coverage overall.

The Patriots TEs still create a terrible mis-match that Brady can exploit, and you can bet the Pats will be there in the playoffs again next season. Somebody is going to have to beat them to go to the SB.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=NightTerror218;1634906]Just to put this out there, no SB loser has EVER MADE IT BACK TO THE SB. With that said.......

AFC:
Broncos
Houston

NFC:
Packers
Giants

/QUOTE]"....

no SB loser has EVER MADE IT BACK TO THE SB....."
um hello?
you may have forgotten about the BILLS ?
But I like your selections in each conference and applaud your bravado in suggesting the TEXANS as contenders.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Ever hear of a team called the Buffalo Bills?sorry I did not read any further before responding to the same comment, BINGO !

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 08:58 AM
I'll put $100 that we win the AFC westnobody here wants to bet against you !

NightTerror218
05-17-2012, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=NightTerror218;1634906]Just to put this out there, no SB loser has EVER MADE IT BACK TO THE SB. With that said.......

AFC:
Broncos
Houston

NFC:
Packers
Giants

/QUOTE]"....

no SB loser has EVER MADE IT BACK TO THE SB....."
um hello?
you may have forgotten about the BILLS ?
But I like your selections in each conference and applaud your bravado in suggesting the TEXANS as contenders.

what year did the Bills do this?

Ravage!!!
05-17-2012, 11:41 AM

They went back to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row, and lost all four. The only team in NFL history to make it to four consecutive Super Bowls. They accomplished this in the Mid 1990's. Some will put their team down and refer to them as nothing more than losers. However, that team showed a complete domination over the AFC during that period.

Chef Zambini
05-17-2012, 12:16 PM
they went to 4 consecutive SB! when youi consider how most teams fall apart after losing ONE, you gotta give those players and especially their coach, MARV LEVY props for picking up the pieces and contending the very next year !

NightTerror218
05-17-2012, 12:34 PM
they went to 4 consecutive SB! when youi consider how most teams fall apart after losing ONE, you gotta give those players and especially their coach, MARV LEVY props for picking up the pieces and contending the very next year !

Jim Kelly era I bet.

shank
05-17-2012, 02:25 PM
the broncos will play some other team, probably one from the NFL.

MOtorboat
05-17-2012, 04:33 PM

Bills, Broncos and Vikings have all lost consecutive Super Bowls.