PDA

View Full Version : Getting Closer

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2009, 09:57 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/getting-closer/

May 20th, 2009 - 7:58pm by Elvis Dumervil

Last time I checked in we were getting ready for our second mini-camp, right after the draft. Now we’ve had a little break from camps, but we’re still in here working out with Rich Tuten. I tell you what, Rich Tuten has had a great offseason training for us. It has certainly got me on the right track in terms of my conditioning.

We’ve had some good camps so far, and now we’ve got a stretch of about three weeks of camps staring at us. These are pretty much the same as the first two mini-camps — you’ve got to go out and compete. This time around you want to be a little more crisp assignment-wise, technique-wise, especially with the new philosophy we’re trying to get established here. You won’t be perefct, but your goal is to aim to be perfect.

We get the rookies back in here again, and I’ve liked what I’ve seen after one camp. They’re in here ready to learn, and they’re players. They’re some football players. They’ve got a long way to go, but you can tell they’re good players and I think they’re going to help us tremendously this year. So right now we’ve just got to get everybody jumped in together on the same page so we can get this thing rolling.

But we still have a little break between now and that camp. We get this Friday off from conditioning, so I’ll probably just head back home, go chill with the family. Just relax and get my mind right for the June camps. We’ve got like three in a row, so there won’t be much traveling those weekends. Kind of get your mind cleared, get everything recharged up.

But I’m excited, man. You’ve got to be. Football season is about to get started. When you think about it, we’ve got camps through the second week of June. Then all we’ve got left is that break from then until training camp. It’s almost here, you know?

I’ve still got a ways to go as far as my conditioning, but I think I’m on the right track. Like I said before, camps have been good so far, and Rich Tuten has had a great offseason training for us. Guys are working hard, the chemistry’s good with the team, our morale’s really good right now, so we’re looking forward to getting this thing started.

Check in with you all later.

Peerless
05-20-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm getting all tingly inside.

WARHORSE
05-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Im liking what Im hearing from the players.

Im eager to see how long it takes to set this foundation of change for the sake of winning.

I really like the execution of the off season plan from McDaniels. Very decisive and very methodical. I like his demeanor, his work pace and his being forthright.

I really hope he can win early, cause I think hes going to end up being a good coach. But many a good coach didnt make it with their first teams because of lack of wins........which only can be influenced by the coaching so far. Talent is paramount as well.

Other than the JC saga, Im way fine with what hes done.:coffee:

Dirk
05-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Thanks Carol and I agree War.

The more I see coming out of McD the more I like. He actually has a plan to get the team where he wants them and it seems to be working. As far as what I have seen from articles.

I sure hope the kid is as good as Bowlen thought when he hired him. Wouldn't it be great if we had a dynasty for the next 10 years! (wishful thinking...no flames needed) :D

WARHORSE
05-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks Carol and I agree War.

The more I see coming out of McD the more I like. He actually has a plan to get the team where he wants them and it seems to be working. As far as what I have seen from articles.

I sure hope the kid is as good as Bowlen thought when he hired him. Wouldn't it be great if we had a dynasty for the next 10 years! (wishful thinking...no flames needed) :D

Yeah. A team that makes others dieNASTY.:salute:

T.K.O.
05-21-2009, 12:56 PM
about now i'd settle for a 1-2 year dynasty....:D

Lonestar
05-21-2009, 01:02 PM
about now i'd settle for a 1-2 year dynasty....:D

I think once we get the players in place it can be a winning program over the next 4-8 years.. without a total overhaul perhaps longer if we draft right..