PDA

View Full Version : ticket prices pretty high??

weazel
05-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Well made a plan to hit Denver this season for a game with the wife and a couple friends. Is it just me or do people want double the price that they wanted last year? Last season I could get lower bowl sideline tickets for 300 or so but this year the same seats are as much as 1200 bucks each. I understand people want to make some money but its ridiculous. Its not like Im going to be doing this all the time so I want good seats but Im not going broke to do it, even shitty seats are crazy priced anyway.

NightTerror218
05-09-2012, 02:22 PM
I have never been to a home game and i want to so bad. My sister has been to more then i have (see lives in denver).

dogfish
05-09-2012, 03:15 PM
peyton manning says hi. . .

:wave:

weazel
05-09-2012, 03:40 PM

lol yeah thats what I figured. Well maybe we'll just have to wait until after Rocky Dennis hurts his neck in the third game to buy tickets

BeefStew25
05-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Man, if you were a true man, you would have season tickets.

weazel
05-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Man, if you were a true man, you would have season tickets.

lol, I know, it's a pretty quick commute!

BeefStew25
05-09-2012, 05:34 PM
What game you looking at, Weazel?

ShaneFalco
05-09-2012, 05:35 PM
wow wtf, tickets last season were still like 110$ for rows 1-30. Even at game 17. I just checked back today, and they are like 250..... not happy at all. And before you go telling me get season tickets.... im on waiting list.

BeefStew25
05-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Well, make sure you buy the preseason game tickets also.

:ticketripoff:

sneakers
05-09-2012, 05:57 PM
The only time I went to denver was in 2006 (sunday night game against chargers (darrant williams had a int TD return)) and paid $250 for a ticket on 45 yardline 26 rows up from sideline on stubhub.

Only 1000 miles and 13 hour drive from Madison, Wi

ShaneFalco
05-09-2012, 06:35 PM
i actually went to 4 games last season, cost me about 400-500$ and we were sitting in lower rows everytime. Is there any explanation in the hike in prices?

dogfish
05-09-2012, 06:47 PM
i actually went to 4 games last season, cost me about 400-500$ and we were sitting in lower rows everytime. Is there any explanation in the hike in prices?

getting back to the playoffs. . . signing one of the best players of all time for 96 million dollars. . . inflation. . . bowlen needs to re-stock his literal slush fund. . .

all that aside, the real answer is that the full salary floor takes effect next year, and we won't be able to bargain shop as much as we have in some recent years. . . bowlen is preparing for it by raising prices now. . .

and all that's assuming prices have actually gone up. . . are we talking about face value tickets here, or are we talking about prices on stubhub?

if it's the latter, peyton manning is the simple answer-- supply and demand. . .

broken12
05-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Its the people selling the tickets......i have season tickets and they only went up bout 5 bucks fer seat.....section232 south stands so its the peeps trying to get the clam
I cannot make everygame but this way i pick what i want split the season with a fam member and sell the remaining cpl of games usually 3 games

Timmy!
05-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Ummmm....guys.....single game tickets are NOT ON SALE YET. The tickets u see online right now are season ticket holders selling their tickets (for 1 game or however many they want) and they can sell them for whatever the hell they want, the Broncos have no control over that. Single game tickets go on sale sometime this summer (they haven't announced the date yet but its usually late July) and have to be purchased through Ticketmaster or in person. These u get for face value plus ticket masters annoying fees but are way cheaper than purchasing a ticket now from somebody trying to cash in. There are also 2000 half priced tickets to every home game. They go fast but I have gotten them numerous times, catch is only 4 per household per season, but two tickets to a Broncos game for less than $80 all together is pretty cool.

BeefStew25
05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
It is about time I start charging Tubby market value.

Tned
05-10-2012, 06:38 AM

I guy I know had been debating about whether or not to buy four club seats. He'd been talking with the Broncos sales guy on and off for a few years, but since January it had heated up and he pretty much decided to buy them, but was busy and never pulled the trigger. When Manning was signed, he decided he better pull the trigger, since even the club seats might sell out for the first time in years. He contacted the sales guy the afternoon Manning was signed or the next morning, and the guy told him all club seats were gone.

The Manning effect is in full force. Whether or not it remains will be determined by whether the Broncos can win with him.

Bugs Baloney
05-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Those prices are absurd, I make plenty of money and now cannot afford to fly out for ANY games!!! Thanks! No more home games for me.....:tsk:

weazel
05-10-2012, 10:14 AM
we were looking for either the Texans or Raiders games. Thought we would get tickets in the 100 section anywhere from between the 10's. The prices really are crazy though, my buddy and his wife will definitely not throw that many shillings towards tickets.

Beantown Bronco
05-10-2012, 10:20 AM
You should never pay more than face value for tix, unless you NEED to sit in a certain section and have the $ to burn. If you miss out on them the day they go on sale this summer, all you have to do is wait until the Thursday morning prior to any home game. That's when they release the visiting team's unused allocation of tix. They are sold for face value on ticketmaster and usually have a good mix of lower and upper bowl tix. FAR fewer people know about this than the general release day, so you're fighting with that many fewer people for them.

weazel
05-10-2012, 10:54 AM
You should never pay more than face value for tix, unless you NEED to sit in a certain section and have the $ to burn. If you miss out on them the day they go on sale this summer, all you have to do is wait until the Thursday morning prior to any home game. That's when they release the visiting team's unused allocation of tix. They are sold for face value on ticketmaster and usually have a good mix of lower and upper bowl tix. FAR fewer people know about this than the general release day, so you're fighting with that many fewer people for them.

ya thats a little tough when I live in a different country, 1000 miles away ;)

Beantown Bronco
05-10-2012, 11:32 AM
ya thats a little tough when I live in a different country, 1000 miles away ;)

I live literally 2000 miles away and it's what I've done three times now.

weazel
05-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I live literally 2000 miles away and it's what I've done three times now.

you bought tickets Thursday for a Sunday game? It would be hard for me to do that with work and definitely impossible for my wife to do that with her job. You also get flights within the US, which are cheap... flights from Canada to Denver ar about 1200 - 1400 each one way

Beantown Bronco
05-10-2012, 12:49 PM
you bought tickets Thursday for a Sunday game? It would be hard for me to do that with work and definitely impossible for my wife to do that with her job.

I don't understand. Why is it any different? Take whatever amount of time off in advance like you normally would, but just wait on buying the game tix until just before you leave.

You also get flights within the US, which are cheap... flights from Canada to Denver ar about 1200 - 1400 each one way

Again. I don't get your argument. The cost of airfare is the cost of airfare. When you buy your actual tix to the game doesn't affect how much you're paying for airfare.

dogfish
05-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Again. I don't get your argument. The cost of airfare is the cost of airfare. When you buy your actual tix to the game doesn't affect how much you're paying for airfare.

huh? you pay significantly more for airline tickets when you buy them at the last minute. . . if he doesn't know until thursday if he'll be able to get tickets for the game, he can't buy his airline tickets in advance to get the better price. . .

Beantown Bronco
05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
huh? you pay significantly more for airline tickets when you buy them at the last minute. . . if he doesn't know until thursday if he'll be able to get tickets for the game, he can't buy his airline tickets in advance to get the better price. . .

I'm telling him to book the airfare and hotel now......or whenever he is sure of the game he wants to go to. He should do what he always has done in the past, EXCEPT with regard to the game tix. He can wait on those until that week (if he strikes out on the official on sale date this summer) and it's a guarantee he'll be able to get them. There's literally no way he'd get shut out of the game. If he somehow misses out on the Thursday allocation (which you have to be asleep at the wheel to do) then go to plan b. You buy them outside the stadium or on stubhub the day of game and pay significantly less than through a broker for the prices he's quoting on page one. There are ALWAYS tix available.

I'm not guessing here. Again, I've done it three times. And I only go to primetime, high demand games.

weazel
05-10-2012, 12:58 PM

that and the fact that if my wife has to ask for vacation time once a year, in February. She can try to switch with people but thats basically the same thing, she cant just get the weekend off anytime she wants on short notice. Let me just say that getting tickets Thursday for a Sunday game would not work for us. If I miss out on those tickets Im not paying a scalper... outside the stadium or on stubhub

Beantown Bronco
05-10-2012, 01:03 PM
that and the fact that if my wife has to ask for vacation time once a year, in February. She can try to switch with people but thats basically the same thing, she cant just get the weekend off anytime she wants on short notice. Let me just say that getting tickets Thursday for a Sunday game would not work for us. If I miss out on those tickets Im not paying a scalper... outside the stadium or on stubhub

The NFL schedule isn't even out in February. How do you book a vacation in February to go to a game if you don't even know when they are going to be home?

weazel
05-10-2012, 01:16 PM
The NFL schedule isn't even out in February. How do you book a vacation in February to go to a game if you don't even know when they are going to be home?

LIke I said we have to look at her schedule and see what times she has off... she had the weekends for those two games off. We are also going with friends, so they would need to book time off as well. Im just not comfortable in booking flights and hotels without knowing if I could get tickets or not (at the price Im willing to spend), I'm crazy that way!!

BeefStew25
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Weasel, PM me bub. You won face value tix to a home game in section 524 (unless you are a ticket snob).

weazel
05-10-2012, 10:57 PM
message sent, beef

BeefStew25
05-11-2012, 12:17 AM
I love you.

BroncoBJ
05-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Ummmm....guys.....single game tickets are NOT ON SALE YET. The tickets u see online right now are season ticket holders selling their tickets (for 1 game or however many they want) and they can sell them for whatever the hell they want, the Broncos have no control over that. Single game tickets go on sale sometime this summer (they haven't announced the date yet but its usually late July) and have to be purchased through Ticketmaster or in person. These u get for face value plus ticket masters annoying fees but are way cheaper than purchasing a ticket now from somebody trying to cash in. There are also 2000 half priced tickets to every home game. They go fast but I have gotten them numerous times, catch is only 4 per household per season, but two tickets to a Broncos game for less than $80 all together is pretty cool.

This^^^

Thats what I do every year. I get half priced tickets to a game. And my dad also gets half priced tickets to a game. So we usually do 2 games on the half priced deal. Then we buy a few regular priced seats up high for another game or 2. I'd never spend 1000 bucks or so for a game. I always wait til the tickets go on sale. :salute:

Benetto
05-11-2012, 05:12 AM
Is that BroncosNZfan in your avatar Beef?

moning
05-11-2012, 07:35 AM
Well made a plan to hit Denver this season for a game with the wife and a couple friends. Is it just me or do people want double the price that they wanted last year? Last season I could get lower bowl sideline tickets for 300 or so but this year the same seats are as much as 1200 bucks each. I understand people want to make some money but its ridiculous. Its not like Im going to be doing this all the time so I want good seats but Im not going broke to do it, even shitty seats are crazy priced anyway.

:tsk: i dont wanna buy one ticket

BeefStew25
05-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Is that BroncosNZfan in your avatar Beef?

No. Worse.