PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen on espn1000 in Chicago

TheBear
05-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Pat is being interviewed by the morning crew and does not sound like he wants to be doing it. They asked him about Jay and he didn't want to answer any questions, only said that Jay had his own agenda and that he was a talented quarterback. They asked him about Orton and he said it was to early to tell, they have OTA's and there are people throwing the ball around. They asked him about extending the schedule and he said it would probably go to an 18 game schedule with two preseason games. Then they asked him about the CBA and he said he had no opinion other than both sides needed to work it out. Over all he sounded very unhappy to even be doing the interview and the hosts had to drag every response out of him.

GEM
05-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Pat is being interviewed by the morning crew and does not sound like he wants to be doing it. They asked him about Jay and he didn't want to answer any questions, only said that Jay had his own agenda and that he was a talented quarterback. They asked him about Orton and he said it was to early to tell, they have OTA's and there are people throwing the ball around. They asked him about extending the schedule and he said it would probably go to an 18 game schedule with two preseason games. Then they asked him about the CBA and he said he had no opinion other than both sides needed to work it out. Over all he sounded very unhappy to even be doing the interview and the hosts had to drag every response out of him.

He did the right thing. He didn't give them what they were hoping for. Fuel for the fire. The issue is dead, time to move on.

TheBear
05-20-2009, 10:29 AM
I agree, just reporting on what I was hearing.

claymore
05-20-2009, 10:32 AM
I think he is getting old. I hope there is a qualty replacement for him or we will be the LA Broncos.

BroncoSojia
05-20-2009, 10:39 AM
I think he is getting old. I hope there is a qualty replacement for him or we will be the LA Broncos.

Oh god :shocked:

BigDaddyBronco
05-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Maybe he was drunk.

LRtagger
05-20-2009, 10:48 AM
http://img.moronail.net/img/1/3/613.jpg

NightTrainLayne
Maybe he was drunk.

Where are all these constant references to Bowlen's drunkeness coming from? Was there a DUI or a public drunk story that I missed out on? I've seen Elway's, Cutler's and Orton's public drinking criticized in a few spots, but I've never seen Bowlen mentioned. What am I missing?

TheBear
kinda early for that, although he is at the owner's meetings so you never know.

BigDaddyBronco
05-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Where are all these constant references to Bowlen's drunkeness coming from? Was there a DUI or a public drunk story that I missed out on? I've seen Elway's, Cutler's and Orton's public drinking criticized in a few spots, but I've never seen Bowlen mentioned. What am I missing?

I have heard several stories of people meeting Bowlen when he was lit up. Warhorse meeting him in Hawaii is one story. Plus it would explain some of his decisions.

claymore
05-20-2009, 10:58 AM

Ive heard it. I dont remember where.... But I am more concerned on how he's doing mentally. I could care less if he was a drunk.

My first worries came when I saw/heard his HOF speech he did for Zimmerman. He was either extremley unprepared, drunk, or he is very senile.

studbucket
05-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Pat's not much of a public speaker/figure. It doesn't surprise me if he's not the most charismatic of people for a radio interview. I'm sure he does just fine in 1-on-1 situations.

studbucket
05-20-2009, 11:01 AM
My first worries came when I saw/heard his HOF speech he did for Zimmerman. He was either extremley unprepared, drunk, or he is very senile.

As I just mentioned, I read articles/heard people talking after Zimmerman's speech, and they all mentioned how nervous Pat gets to do public speaking. I could tell that was his problem when I watched it.

BroncoSojia
05-20-2009, 11:03 AM

IDK, I only hear PPL on the OMMB talk about it.

claymore
05-20-2009, 11:05 AM
As I just mentioned, I read articles/heard people talking after Zimmerman's speech, and they all mentioned how nervous Pat gets to do public speaking. I could tell that was his problem when I watched it.

As many high level business meetings as he has had to do in his life I think he would be over that.

Plus all of the NFL committe stuff he does, Im not sold on that answer.

GEM
05-20-2009, 11:10 AM

You just shut your mouth Clay, shut it!!

:lol:

claymore
05-20-2009, 11:11 AM
You just shut your mouth Clay, shut it!!

:lol:

Im seriously concerned about it. He has said his kids have no intrest in running the team when he's gone.

They (Bowlens) Know the Broncos are going to be sold once he dies. It scares me.

Nomad
05-20-2009, 11:13 AM
I agree, just reporting on what I was hearing.

Sometimes it's a tough world being the messenger and thanks for the report, but I agree with GEM that he didn't add fuel to the fire and he left the issue where it stands.....dead and done with.

GEM
05-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Im seriously concerned about it. He has said his kids have no intrest in running the team when he's gone.

They (Bowlens) Know the Broncos are going to be sold once he dies. It scares me.

I know....I was just pickin on ya. You haven't been around a whole lot, I had some making up to do. ;)

claymore
05-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I know....I was just pickin on ya. You haven't been around a whole lot, I had some making up to do. ;)

Hows your house? Is my room ready?

LRtagger
05-20-2009, 11:20 AM

How could you NOT want to inherit the ******* Denver Broncos?????????

He should do a reality show for the 10 biggest Broncos fans and the winner gets the team.

I'll be the gay one.

GEM
05-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Hows your house? Is my room ready?

House is great. It's been ready....:yardog:

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 01:06 PM

there is virtually no chance of that happening.. The franchise is one of the best, most rabid fan bases there is.. They have a long term lease and unless the fans stay away in droves they are not going anywhere..

Besides LA frankly will never support another NFL team.. they may get owner to buy a team from someone the fans out there just have way to many things to do besides seat in the sun and watch football on Sundays in the fall..

to many teams have tried it and moved out of town already..

T.K.O.
05-20-2009, 01:47 PM
considering the offseason he just went through,i would imagine the last place on the planet he wants to be on the radio is f 'n chicago.....:laugh:

underrated29
05-20-2009, 03:10 PM
I have heard several stories of people meeting Bowlen when he was lit up. Warhorse meeting him in Hawaii is one story. Plus it would explain some of his decisions.

Warhorse made that story up. He was trying to show people not to believe blue runs info as its easy to make stuff up for people to believe. He later on said he made it up. Just an fyi.

But i thought i had heard bowlen being a drinker elsewhere too.? :whoknows:

spikerman
05-20-2009, 05:08 PM
considering the offseason he just went through,i would imagine the last place on the planet he wants to be on the radio is f 'n chicago.....:laugh:
I disagree. I'll bet he gets a lot of love in Chicago. He gave them a Pro Bowl Quarterback. I'd love another team's owner if he gave the Broncos a high caliber QB!

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 05:11 PM
I disagree. I'll bet he gets a lot of love in Chicago. He gave them a Pro Bowl Quarterback. I'd love another team's owner if he gave the Broncos a high caliber QB!

probably time to send the Bears owner a thankyou note..:laugh:

spikerman
05-20-2009, 05:29 PM
probably time to send the Bears owner a thankyou note..:laugh:He won't be getting one from me and please don't attach my name to yours. :D

T.K.O.
05-20-2009, 06:19 PM
lovie did send us knowshon,cuz if we only had one 1st rnd pick mcd would have been forced to :defense:

spikerman
05-20-2009, 06:25 PM
lovie did send us knowshon,cuz if we only had one 1st rnd pick mcd would have been forced to :defense:
hahahaha That's one way to look at it. I think he should have been forced to draft defense (front 7) with both 1st rounders anyway.

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 08:32 PM
hahahaha That's one way to look at it. I think he should have been forced to draft defense (front 7) with both 1st rounders anyway.

While I would have liked that myself, the story out of dove valley was nobody they liked was available at 12 that was worth a #12 pick..

Yes I know brace came in the second round but for some reason they did not like him all that much..

Since Nolan is an highly experienced D guru I'll go with with him for a couple of years.

I'm guessing that they know something, we do not about the players we already had..

spikerman
05-20-2009, 08:34 PM
If it turns out that there are quality defensive linemen on the roster who can do the job that should prevent Slowik from ever being a defensive coordinator again in this league. I'm 40 and slow and I would have liked my chances of hitting the century mark running on that d-line last year.

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 08:44 PM
If it turns out that there are quality defensive linemen on the roster who can do the job that should prevent Slowik from ever being a defensive coordinator again in this league. I'm 40 and slow and I would have liked my chances of hitting the century mark running on that d-line last year.

do not forget that he answered to mike and had a couple of DL coaches under him so it may not all be his fault..

If he was only doing what mike wanted him to do then .........

No that was a stupid thought he should stay with what he does best suck up to mike..

rcsodak
05-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I think this "Bowlen's a drunk" shit should stop, post-haste!

It's childish, to say the least, and slanderous to boot!

Frankly, who gives 2 shits what he does on his own time?

It's not like he's on MNF, drunk off his ass, hitting on SKolber!

Ya'll need to put your name-calling to bed, when it concerns the team. A true

fan shows respect.

....just sayin'.

LawDog
05-21-2009, 02:14 PM
there is virtually no chance of that happening.. The franchise is one of the best, most rabid fan bases there is.. They have a long term lease and unless the fans stay away in droves they are not going anywhere..

Besides LA frankly will never support another NFL team.. they may get owner to buy a team from someone the fans out there just have way to many things to do besides seat in the sun and watch football on Sundays in the fall..

to many teams have tried it and moved out of town already..

You mean like the Rams whose husband-killing owner moved them to St. Louis, and the Raiders whose lying, thieving, crackpot owner was intent on stealing as much money as possible from LA, Oakland and the NFL? Neither situation was because of antipathy on the part of the LA fanbase. Do you have some other teams in mind? The Southland manages to hang on to two basketball teams -- one of which is perennially horrid -- and two baseball teams -- who trade winning seasons back and forth like clockwork. It ain't the fans who are standing in the way. It is the NFL and the various potential owners whose collective egos get in the way of putting together a viable plan in a viable venue to make it happen.

Threadjack off///

Lonestar
05-21-2009, 02:44 PM
You mean like the Rams whose husband-killing owner moved them to St. Louis, and the Raiders whose lying, thieving, crackpot owner was intent on stealing as much money as possible from LA, Oakland and the NFL? Neither situation was because of antipathy on the part of the LA fanbase. Do you have some other teams in mind? The Southland manages to hang on to two basketball teams -- one of which is perennially horrid -- and two baseball teams -- who trade winning seasons back and forth like clockwork. It ain't the fans who are standing in the way. It is the NFL and the various potential owners whose collective egos get in the way of putting together a viable plan in a viable venue to make it happen.

Threadjack off///

I lived in LA during the OAK and Rams final days.. While they were supported OK neither were sell outs for the time I was there I was always able to get good tickets..

I went the clinic that the Rams went to and had time to talk with a few of the players in for rehab.. and they were disappointed in the fan support..

there is just to much to do in LA to support a football team that is not a consistent winner.. and filling 15000 seats at a BB game is alot easier to do than selling 70k on a Sunday afternoon..

Sure their is plenty of people in Southern California but I do not see it again..

they would need a stadium and in todays world with the state getting ready to go belly up it is not gonna be supported by the tax payers..

That is how I see it..

I might be wrong and I know the NFL would love to have LA again but I can't see anyone willing to shell out a billion for a team for start up costs.. not to mention the ongoing costs.. Knowing that three teams bailed on LA chargers raiders and rams at one time or another....

broncfn90
05-21-2009, 07:45 PM
I think at's time is cming... but how soon?

LawDog
05-22-2009, 10:26 AM
I lived in LA during the OAK and Rams final days.. While they were supported OK neither were sell outs for the time I was there I was always able to get good tickets..

I went the clinic that the Rams went to and had time to talk with a few of the players in for rehab.. and they were disappointed in the fan support..

there is just to much to do in LA to support a football team that is not a consistent winner.. and filling 15000 seats at a BB game is alot easier to do than selling 70k on a Sunday afternoon..

Sure their is plenty of people in Southern California but I do not see it again..

they would need a stadium and in todays world with the state getting ready to go belly up it is not gonna be supported by the tax payers..

That is how I see it..

I might be wrong and I know the NFL would love to have LA again but I can't see anyone willing to shell out a billion for a team for start up costs.. not to mention the ongoing costs.. Knowing that three teams bailed on LA chargers raiders and rams at one time or another....

I can understand the players not feeling the love from the LA fans - they are a fickle bunch. Plus, LA is one of those major metro areas where you have large pockets of fans of pretty much every team out there (although I don't see a whole lot of Milwaukee Brewers gear being sported so it is not an absolute). And, selling out every game is not the norm - the track record of places like Denver is the exception not the rule and a lot of that has to do with the size of the stadium (over 100K at the Coliseum, puleease) and where it would be located. Anywho, I stand by my assertion that it is not fan support that is the hurdle to be leaped in putting another NFL team in LA.

BTW, I inadvertantly overlooked the two NHL teams in LA, one of which has been here forever. Oh, and I think there is probably some soccer team around too but you couldn't prove it by me.

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 03:20 PM
I can understand the players not feeling the love from the LA fans - they are a fickle bunch. Plus, LA is one of those major metro areas where you have large pockets of fans of pretty much every team out there (although I don't see a whole lot of Milwaukee Brewers gear being sported so it is not an absolute). And, selling out every game is not the norm - the track record of places like Denver is the exception not the rule and a lot of that has to do with the size of the stadium (over 100K at the Coliseum, puleease) and where it would be located. Anywho, I stand by my assertion that it is not fan support that is the hurdle to be leaped in putting another NFL team in LA.

BTW, I inadvertantly overlooked the two NHL teams in LA, one of which has been here forever. Oh, and I think there is probably some soccer team around too but you couldn't prove it by me.

Again your talking about indoor teams that may seat 15K at best.. not the same as selling 70k plus to make a team viable..

Not to mention that ALL those other teams just take discretionary dollars out of the sports pocket money.. Only so much extra pocket change to go around..

and yes a good many folks that live in LA have moved there from somewhere else Like I had and I was a DEN fan and was always able to get tickets to see them when they played there because the stadiums were half empty..

Many of those fans have allegiance to old team many f the long time fans their have adopted teams outside of LA just because they do not have a team. and wooing them back to an LA team will take putting a very competitive product on the field or many years to do so..

Not to mention they would have to have a state of the art stadium built before any smart owner would think of moving there.. some place that is not 50 miles away..

I do not see a LA team for many years if ever..

Simple Jaded
05-22-2009, 03:28 PM

He probably had a hangover.......

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I think this "Bowlen's a drunk" shit should stop, post-haste!

It's childish, to say the least, and slanderous to boot!

Frankly, who gives 2 shits what he does on his own time?

It's not like he's on MNF, drunk off his ass, hitting on SKolber!

Ya'll need to put your name-calling to bed, when it concerns the team. A true

fan shows respect.

....just sayin'.

great post

He probably had a hangover.......

time to think about it.

If you really dislike this franchise so much why are you a fan..

WARHORSE
05-22-2009, 11:19 PM

Nah. Let John Elway run the show afterwards.:salute: