PDA

View Full Version : the top 10 reasons the broncos will win the afc west in 09'

T.K.O.
05-19-2009, 07:18 PM
why the broncos will win the afc west in 09'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reason #1: the addition of knowshon moreno combined with the likely emergence of ryan torain should produce one of the league's brightest young rb tandems

reason #2: having the architect of one of the most prolific offenses in league history as our new head coach

reason #3:key additions on defense and the maturation of players from a defensive draft in 07' combined with a proven dc in mike nolan has to be an upgrade.

reason 4:fielding a team of hungry players who know if they dont give 100% they will be on the block .and priority one will be a team 1st- win or go home
attitude.

reason 5:we have the best recieving corps in the division (maybe the league with the departure of marvin harrison and possibly boldin)

reason 6:we gave the rest of the division 10 years to win a superbowl and they just could'nt do it

reason 7:the raiders suck

reason 8:the chiefs suck

reason 9: the chargers suck

reason 10:kyle orton will be the biggest surprise of the year when he guides the broncos to the division title and beyond,making the denver faithfull forget all about "the player" that quit and moved to chicago(who by the way will NOT make the post season.

Slick
05-19-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm a wait and see kind of guy but I love your optimism. :beer:

Tned
05-19-2009, 09:06 PM
It still remains to be seen whether mcdaniels is the architect or someone going along for the ride.

gnomeflinger
05-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Um...yeah.

Peerless
05-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Ryan Torain, might not even make it out of TC.

sacmar
05-20-2009, 11:23 AM
...cause i say they will. And even if they don't i'll do the raider thing and get drunk enough to where it won't matter.

LRtagger
05-20-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm happy the direction we are going, but I'm not ready to call us division champs yet.

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm happy the direction we are going, but I'm not ready to call us division champs yet.

I still think they will not break even this year.. But I guess if all the moons, stars, suns and planets line up just right it could happen..

silkamilkamonico
05-20-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm just curious to see if McDaniels can keep us competitive week in and week out, unlike Shanahan who was good for more than a couple embarrassing blowout losses every year against marginal teams.

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm just curious to see if McDaniels can keep us competitive week in and week out, unlike Shanahan who was good for more than a couple embarrassing blowout losses every year against marginal teams.

This is all I'm really looking for this year while all the changes settle in..

if we go starkers and win more that 5-6 games this year with this schedule more power to him..

That used to piss me off more than anything play like world beaters one week and come in so flat that last place teams can whoop up on us..

We should NEVER lose at home.. that should not happen EVER..

T.K.O.
05-20-2009, 02:30 PM
This is all I'm really looking for this year while all the changes settle in..

if we go starkers and win more that 5-6 games this year with this schedule more power to him..

That used to piss me off more than anything play like world beaters one week and come in so flat that last place teams can whoop up on us..

We should NEVER lose at home.. that should not happen EVER..

i know ,remember when we didnt lose at home,i cant put my finger on it,whether it was just that the team got so much worse in a hurry or if there was really a different vibe at invesco compared to mile high?
i know it shouldnt make a real difference but,it seemed to happen at the same time......
anyway i am really stoked about the idea of gameplanning specifically for each week.
i know thats not a new idea.but it sounds like the players are really stoked about the idea of fielding a totally different style of play to give them the best shot at winning every week...it seemed to work well for mcd's last team.
here's to beating the odds and having our best season in a while !:beer:

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 02:49 PM
i know ,remember when we didnt lose at home,i cant put my finger on it,whether it was just that the team got so much worse in a hurry or if there was really a different vibe at invesco compared to mile high?
i know it shouldnt make a real difference but,it seemed to happen at the same time......
anyway i am really stoked about the idea of gameplanning specifically for each week.
i know thats not a new idea.but it sounds like the players are really stoked about the idea of fielding a totally different style of play to give them the best shot at winning every week...it seemed to work well for mcd's last team.
here's to beating the odds and having our best season in a while !:beer:

The fans a re supposed to be closer to the action and it was designed to be loud but I heard a comment a right after it opened that because of all the seat reassignments that folks are/where not vocal enough yet.. Also that many fans are not so much fans but part of the whine and cheese crowd they go for the event and to be seen that to be O&B blooded fans.. they do not show up in bad weather leave early and many of them have yet to get to know the folks around them so are more timid than at old mile high....

Frankly we have not put a great product put there for them to get excited about either..

T.K.O.
05-20-2009, 02:55 PM
The fans a re supposed to be closer to the action and it was designed to be loud but I heard a comment a right after it opened that because of all the seat reassignments that folks are/where not vocal enough yet.. Also that many fans are not so much fans but part of the whine and cheese crowd they go for the event and to be seen that to be O&B blooded fans.. they do not show up in bad weather leave early and many of them have yet to get to know the folks around them so are more timid than at old mile high....

Frankly we have not put a great product put there for them to get excited about either..

it should get pretty loud at that bears pre-season game!...:laugh:
although i remember right after the trade that lovie said cutler probably wouldnt play in that game....kinda odd considering historically the 3rd preseason game is where you play your starters the most...hmmm
guess he doesnt want his body or his ego to take any big hits this early in his bears career

EMB6903
05-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I still think they will not break even this year.. But I guess if all the moons, stars, suns and planets line up just right it could happen..

I agree, I'd be amazed if Mcdaniels can get this team to a record above or even at .500.

again, New HC, Coaching staff, Offensive scheme, Defensive scheme, and 30% of the 2008 roster is gone.

I predict 6-10 at best....but I do think it will be a promising year and will have fans excited about the direction this teams going.

T.K.O.
05-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I agree, I'd be amazed if Mcdaniels can get this team to a record above or even at .500.

again, New HC, Coaching staff, Offensive scheme, Defensive scheme, and 30% of the 2008 roster is gone.

I predict 6-9 at best....but I do think it will be a promising year and will have fans excited about the direction this teams going.

6-9? are we gonna skip the new england game so we dont make the patriots look bad....just kidding

EMB6903
05-20-2009, 03:46 PM
6-9? are we gonna skip the new england game so we dont make the patriots look bad....just kidding

my bad... 6-10*

its been a looooooooong day.

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 04:48 PM

I predict 6-10 at best....but I do think it will be a promising year and will have fans excited about the direction this teams going.

I think your 30% is low and I'd even guess that by the time the season rolls around there will be a lot more 2008 guys gone..

My initial thought on it was 4-12 after seeing the schedule and before the draft, udfa etc.. ..

after seeing the kiddies in some of the TC or preseason games I will post my final prediction..

T.K.O.
05-20-2009, 04:56 PM
my bad... 6-10*

its been a looooooooong day.

i think you got the #'s right but in the wrong order;)

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
i think you got the #'s right but in the wrong order;)

U B dreaming :laugh:

T.K.O.
05-20-2009, 05:11 PM
U B dreaming :laugh:

and i wont wake up til we lose 7 games...;)

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 05:13 PM
and i wont wake up til we lose 7 games...;)

right about the bye week..

underrated29
05-20-2009, 05:18 PM
right about the bye week..

Is when we will lose our first game.

just watch.

although the bungals game has me worried, i think they will surprise this year, and i dont know if we will be unified by then.

Lonestar
05-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Is when we will lose our first game.

just watch.

although the bungals game has me worried, i think they will surprise this year, and i dont know if we will be unified by then.

I suspect we will be losing a lot of close games this coming year. Which is OK considering we got our asses handed to us 3-4 time last year..

I worry about CIN also they are not all that bad a team.. and with Palmer, if healthy can lite it up..

CLE should be a win
@oak well that can go either way..
DAl are probably losses as we speak
NE are probably losses as we speak..
BYE week win
@SAN LOSS
@BAL LOSS
PIT LOSS
@WAS loss
SAN loss
NYG LOSS
@KC Loss
@IND LOSS
OAK win
@PHL LOSS
KC win

Right now I'm saying 4-12 unless things go much better than I think they will..
then maybe 8-8..

WARHORSE
05-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Cincy -Win
CLE should be a win
@oak Win
DAl Win
NE Win
BYE
@SAN Win
@BAL Win
PIT Win
@WAS Win
SAN Win
NYG Win
@KC Win
@IND Win
OAK win
@PHL Win
KC win

Ive never predicted a Broncos loss.

Why would I start now?:coffee:

BRONCOS OR DIE BABY!

omahacolt
05-21-2009, 06:17 PM
i see the broncos finishing 8-8 or 7-9 and in second place in the division

T.K.O.
05-21-2009, 06:53 PM
i see the broncos finishing 8-8 or 7-9 and in second place in the division

i see the broncos finishing 10-6 in 1st place followed by the chiefs at 9-7
chargers at 8-8 and the raiders at a surprising 6-10:salute:

broncfn90
05-21-2009, 07:47 PM
lol I love the optimism.... but not much is going to happen this season man its either .500 or under it

T.K.O.
05-22-2009, 02:05 PM
i really dont think were going to be a sub .500 team regardless of the "tough "schedule. i think so many fans are over estimating the impact of cutlers departure.
jay was definately coming into his own at qb. but we have to remember we have one of the best young o-lines in the game and if moreno and hillis (and even torain) can stay healthy we are gonna have a running game that will be EXTREMELY hard to stop.
if our d is even close to average....man look out
i mean look at our recievers. teams are gonna have to gameplan against a new england style passing attack,which is tough enough then add to the mix bruisers like hillis (even if he is mostly blocking).a stud like moreno with fresh legs and a chip on his shoulder and if torain comes back and competes like he did in last years camp.we will have the best young stable of rb's in the division easily.
i just think were gonna be alot better in the red zone and and be a POWER team,instead of the speedy finesse style we have been trying to be for a long time,which works great for stats and yards but when it comes down to crunch time....not so much

CoachChaz
05-22-2009, 02:15 PM
I dont it's so much the loss of Cutler as it is the abilities of our opponents. Regardless of who is QB'ing our team...we arent exactly playing 12 creampuffs.

T.K.O.
05-22-2009, 02:20 PM
I dont it's so much the loss of Cutler as it is the abilities of our opponents. Regardless of who is QB'ing our team...we arent exactly playing 12 creampuffs.

i know but what makes you think we have to have such a "cream puff" schedule to have a chance?
if we have to play a soft schedule to get to the playoffs then we would just end up getting our butts kicked like the chargers when we do get there!
i just think teams are gonna have their hands full trying to contain all our weapons and if our d can keep teams to around 20 points,we're gonna win alot more games than people think!
i dont see mc'd having an offense that scores less than about a 24pt avg

CoachChaz
05-22-2009, 02:23 PM
i know but what makes you think we have to have such a "cream puff" schedule to have a chance?
if we have to play a soft schedule to get to the playoffs then we would just end up getting our butts kicked like the chargers when we do get there!
i just think teams are gonna have their hands full trying to contain all our weapons and if our d can keep teams to around 20 points,we're gonna win alot more games than people think!
i dont see mc'd having an offense that scores less than about a 24pt avg

I'm of the thinking that we can have a decent season this year. On paper, our schedule looks ridiculously tough, but if we win the games we should and pull out a few upsets...I sont see why we cant win 10 games or maybe more.

On the other hand, we could make some mistakes that lead to some bad losses and lose 10 games. It's not easy to get a grasp on the abilities of this team anymore. We'll just have to watch and see.

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
i really dont think were going to be a sub .500 team regardless of the "tough "schedule. i think so many fans are over estimating the impact of cutlers departure.
jay was definately coming into his own at qb. but we have to remember we have one of the best young o-lines in the game and if moreno and hillis (and even torain) can stay healthy we are gonna have a running game that will be EXTREMELY hard to stop.
if our d is even close to average....man look out
i mean look at our recievers. teams are gonna have to gameplan against a new england style passing attack,which is tough enough then add to the mix bruisers like hillis (even if he is mostly blocking).a stud like moreno with fresh legs and a chip on his shoulder and if torain comes back and competes like he did in last years camp.we will have the best young stable of rb's in the division easily.
i just think were gonna be alot better in the red zone and and be a POWER team,instead of the speedy finesse style we have been trying to be for a long time,which works great for stats and yards but when it comes down to crunch time....not so much

newbie QB or jay we would have been sucking hind teat with eh upcoming schedule..

Coupled with a complete revamp of schemes on both sides of the LOS the odds are against us from winning above .500..

It is going to take the players the better part of the year to be totally comfortable with what they are doing and then doing it automatically with out the split second hesitation that could be the difference in making the play or dropping the ball so to speak..

We will be better statically on D but are still going to be hard pressed to win these games against the high powered teams we are about to play, IIRC 7-8 of them play off teams last year..
Now I know that last years performances do not always predict what they are going to do next year.. but we are talking about very solid teams over the years.. DAL, NE, SAN, BAL, PIT, WAS, San, NYG, IND, PHL,

Those folks are either play off teams OR have owned us the past few years.. Does anyone believe that we will turn around that fast to win more than half of those games? Really believe it or HOPE we can..

and CIN and CLE could be turn around teams also and they will have been in their systems longer that we will.. so those also could be losses and playing in KC in the dead of winter has NEVER been an easy win or for that matter win..

Our team has sucked on the east coast over the past decade will that change with new coaching ? Or will the stats from last year of west coast teams losing BIG when going east prevail..

Sorry to be a Debbie downer here, but best not to hope that we will win and be prepared for a long season losing a lot of (hopefully) close games..

CoachChaz
05-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Washington and Dallas dont scare me

T.K.O.
05-22-2009, 02:40 PM
my take is that it will go something like this............

Regular Season Games

1 Sun, Sept. 13 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS .................W
2 Sun, Sept. 20 vs. Cleveland Browns CBS .................W
3 Sun, Sept. 27 at Oakland Raiders CBS ....................W
4 Sun, Oct. 4 vs. Dallas Cowboys FOX ...................W.
5 Sun, Oct. 11 vs. New England Patriots ..................L
6 Mon, Oct. 19 at San Diego Chargers ......................L
7 Bye
8 Sun, Nov. 1 at Baltimore Ravens .........................W
9 Mon, Nov. 9 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers ESPN ..............L
10 Sun, Nov. 15 at Washington Redskins CBS ..............W
11 Sun, Nov. 22 vs. San Diego Chargers CBS ...............W
12 Thu, Nov. 26 vs. New York Giants NFLN ..................L
13 Sun, Dec. 6 at Kansas City Chiefs CBS ..................L
14 Sun, Dec. 13 at Indianapolis Colts ..........................L
15 Sun, Dec. 20 vs. Oakland Raiders ...........................W
16 Sun, Dec. 27 at Philadelphia Eagles .........................W
17 Sun, Jan. 3 vs. Kansas City Chiefs .........................W

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Washington and Dallas dont scare me

Perhaps not but playing @WAS most likely in an early game has meant in the past an automatic loss.

The last time we played DAL IIRC they kicked our ass.. our players may not remember that but theirs will.. and their HC still does not like Den much.. alot like mike and Al..

Him and the OC will have lots of incentive to win this game as to keep mike from taking his job next year..

Maybe we win or lose. I'm hoping for this year are NO blowouts and close well played games..'

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 02:59 PM
my take is that it will go something like this............

Regular Season Games

1 Sun, Sept. 13 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS ..............W L
2 Sun, Sept. 20 vs. Cleveland Browns CBS .............W
3 Sun, Sept. 27 at Oakland Raiders CBS ..................WL
4 Sun, Oct. 4 vs. Dallas Cowboys FOX ...................W L
5 Sun, Oct. 11 vs. New England Patriots .................L
6 Mon, Oct. 19 at San Diego Chargers ....................L
7 Bye
8 Sun, Nov. 1 at Baltimore Ravens .........................W L
9 Mon, Nov. 9 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers ESPN ..............L
10 Sun, Nov. 15 at Washington Redskins CBS ...........W L
11 Sun, Nov. 22 vs. San Diego Chargers CBS ............W
12 Thu, Nov. 26 vs. New York Giants NFLN ...............L
13 Sun, Dec. 6 at Kansas City Chiefs CBS ................L
14 Sun, Dec. 13 at Indianapolis Colts .....................L
15 Sun, Dec. 20 vs. Oakland Raiders ......................W
16 Sun, Dec. 27 at Philadelphia Eagles ....................W L
17 Sun, Jan. 3 vs. Kansas City Chiefs .....................W

Barring injuries to those teams this is how I see it worst case senario AS WE SPEAK..

Beating the eagles at home your dreaming..
same goes for the redskins, ravens, and maybe @ OAK

We could very well lose to CIN as it is the first REAL game of the year.. Cle also could be a loss only because they know their system better than we do..

CoachChaz
05-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Perhaps not but playing @WAS most likely in an early game has meant in the past an automatic loss.

The last time we played DAL IIRC they kicked our ass.. our players may not remember that but theirs will.. and their HC still does not like Den much.. alot like mike and Al..

Him and the OC will have lots of incentive to win this game as to keep mike from taking his job next year..

Maybe we win or lose. I'm hoping for this year are NO blowouts and close well played games..'

Dallas has ZERO passing game. Control Witten and the rest is easy. Defensively, hey have nothing in the secondary. I see them as an 8-8 or 9-7 team this year.

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Dallas has ZERO passing game. Control Witten and the rest is easy. Defensively, hey have nothing in the secondary. I see them as an 8-8 or 9-7 team this year.

could be but when the coach has incentive to keep his job well stuff happens..

I wonder if you take all the OAK games out of the mix what would mikes W-L been..:laugh:

T.K.O.
05-22-2009, 05:17 PM
could be but when the coach has incentive to keep his job well stuff happens..

I wonder if you take all the OAK games out of the mix what would mikes W-L been..:laugh:

well thats great great news because our coach has to feel like he better beat every team we face ,cuz his job is probably on the line as well!

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 05:28 PM
well thats great great news because our coach has to feel like he better beat every team we face ,cuz his job is probably on the line as well!

He will have some heat, but Pat is not stupid unless there is a total meltdown he will get a couple-three years to show improvement..

I think as long as he does not get blown out by teams and he keeps us competitive he will be given a lot of rope..

Mike took over in 95 and we fubar-ed the home playoff game in 97 and came back strong in 98-99..

But then he also had HOF players in ZIM JOHN, TD, Sharpe, Smith and then a few other great players like romo, traylor, easy ed, nail, stink and rod..

Lets see if that group is lived up to with some of the current squad..

omahacolt
05-22-2009, 06:53 PM
i see the broncos finishing 10-6 in 1st place followed by the chiefs at 9-7
chargers at 8-8 and the raiders at a surprising 6-10:salute:

i see you being wrong about that

how do you think the chargers will slip that bad?

claymore
05-22-2009, 06:58 PM

Norv Turner.

omahacolt
05-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Norv Turner.
so what?

norv has been a decent coach. the broncos dont know what they have as coach. i will withhold judgement on mcdaniels until the season starts but norv has won playoff games

claymore
05-22-2009, 07:08 PM
so what?

norv has been a decent coach. the broncos dont know what they have as coach. i will withhold judgement on mcdaniels until the season starts but norv has won playoff games

Norv is a douche bag. I did cheetah flips when the chargers hired him. As for McDaniels, I cant argue that.

slim
05-22-2009, 07:42 PM
so what?

When?

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 07:54 PM
norv is a pretty good coach until it is playoff time much like marty was.. good but not good enough to take them to the next level .. They have a ton of talent on that team and show win the division going away barring injuries..

slim
05-22-2009, 07:55 PM
norv is a pretty good coach until it is playoff time much like marty was.. good but not good enough to take them to the next level .. They have a ton of talent on that team and show win the division going away barring injuries..

They should have won the division easily last year...but they made it difficult on themselves. I believe that is Turner's M.O.

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 08:14 PM
They should have won the division easily last year...but they made it difficult on themselves. I believe that is Turner's M.O.

Well had it not been for the houckli gift, I think they would have won going away.. that loss was a real kick in the scrotum for them and it took a few weeks IIRC to recover from it..

But they certainly let us know in the later game who was boss. there should have been NO doubt in anyones mind after that one who deserved the division crown.. and to think they did it with out Merriman..

hey I think morv is a clown, but he is there until mikey moves to SAN.. :D

T.K.O.
05-22-2009, 08:20 PM

58-82-1 before the bolts hired him....
i think the chargers have steadily declined since he took over as well

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 08:24 PM
58-82-1 before the bolts hired him....
i think the chargers have steadily declined since he took over as well

hey I did not say he was a world beater but remember he was a coach in IIRC SEA and WAS both losers..

T.K.O.
05-22-2009, 08:24 PM

uhhh .... no we should have won the div easily,but we made it difficult on ourselves...3 game lead ! it hurts to even think about that collapse....ouchy mama

Lonestar
05-22-2009, 08:28 PM
uhhh .... no we should have won the div easily,but we made it difficult on ourselves...3 game lead ! it hurts to even think about that collapse....ouchy mama

guess that means mike was worse the norv?:D :confused:

Den21vsBal19
05-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Ass end of the year he was :mad:

T.K.O.
05-23-2009, 01:17 PM

how is that slipping? that was their record last year....wheres the slip?

T.K.O.
05-23-2009, 01:20 PM

he had his mind on that 35,000 sq ft house and not the game i guess.
and no mike still has 3 times the success as a coach than norv so no,thats like saying cutler is a better qb than elway because he hasnt lost as many superbowls....lol

Lonestar
05-23-2009, 01:46 PM
he had his mind on that 35,000 sq ft house and not the game i guess.
and no mike still has 3 times the success as a coach than norv so no,thats like saying cutler is a better qb than elway because he hasnt lost as many superbowls....lol

was posting a funny..:salute:

slim
05-24-2009, 12:12 AM

Based on talent? I don't think so. The bolts clearly have a more talented roster. If they had a real coach they would have run away with the division. I don't think that is to hard to see.

Shazam!
05-24-2009, 12:15 AM
SD did make an awesome comeback down the stretch. Granted a lot went their way but they were hungrier and wanted it more, not to mention they have more talent. They proved a lot.

They are due for a big stumble though after winning the West 3 years in a row and coming back with shit. Denver is the closest team to knock them off and are due for a good season, whether it's this year or next.

Lonestar
05-24-2009, 03:04 AM
SD did make an awesome comeback down the stretch. Granted a lot went their way but they were hungrier and wanted it more, not to mention they have more talent. They proved a lot.

They are due for a big stumble though after winning the West 3 years in a row and coming back with shit. Denver is the closest team to knock them off and are due for a good season, whether it's this year or next.

Probably next thsi year unless they have a lot of injuries again they should take it in a cake walk..

While we figure out where the doors are..

T.K.O.
10-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Probably next thsi year unless they have a lot of injuries again they should take it in a cake walk..

While we figure out where the doors are..

we found the doors Jr....now we just have to remember to close them behind us!:laugh:

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 02:39 PM
DAMN! You fools all need to hit the Buffet at the Crow Cafe! LMAO!

TXBRONC
10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
What percentage of teams make the playoffs when start the season 4-0? I've looked for that stat and can't find it.

CoachChaz
10-06-2009, 03:27 PM
What percentage of teams make the playoffs when start the season 4-0? I've looked for that stat and can't find it.

Then look at how many of them had a murderers row schedule after starting 4-0

TXBRONC
10-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Then look at how many of them had a murderers row schedule after starting 4-0

We're going to be playing a lot of good teams but serveral of them look beatable.

Northman
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks TKO, you just screwed our season.

CoachChaz
10-06-2009, 03:40 PM
We're going to be playing a lot of good teams but serveral of them look beatable.

I agree. NE, SD, BAL, PIT...none of them look like the teams we thought they'd be. Hopefully they stay that way for a few weeks.

T.K.O.
10-06-2009, 03:44 PM

its over 85%.....saw it on nfln this morning but dont recall the exact #

underrated29
10-06-2009, 03:48 PM
i think we might be able to roll out 3-1. Hell if we split i will consider that a success..

I still think that the offense is going to bring things together real soon. THis week infact. However, because billy knows our offensive scheme maybe not. BUt next week i really think all cylinders will be firing.

TXBRONC
10-06-2009, 04:01 PM
i think we might be able to roll out 3-1. Hell if we split i will consider that a success..

I still think that the offense is going to bring things together real soon. THis week infact. However, because billy knows our offensive scheme maybe not. BUt next week i really think all cylinders will be firing.

Are you saying you think we can go 3-1 for the 2nd quarter of season which would push our overall record to 7-1 going into the second half of the season? That's pretty tall order if that's what you mean.

Lonestar
10-06-2009, 05:04 PM
we found the doors Jr....now we just have to remember to close them behind us!:laugh:

yes this team is way farther ahead than I thought possible considering all the changes in:

coaches
scheme on Offense pro spread
scheme on Defense 3-4
players 30 new players in 09 including PS.. almost 50%

well we had the doors last year almost closed and some moron forgot to close them 3 up with 3 to go.. was the greatest meltdown in NFL history..

Tempus Fugit
10-06-2009, 05:26 PM
1.) JaMarcus Russell is horrible

2.) Chiefs went for the complete rebuild

3.) Jamal Williams is on IR

4.) Merriman isn't the 100%/Roid Merriman

5.) Cromartie hasn't been up to snuff

6.) LdT seems to have lost some in-game explosion, and can't stay healthy

7.) 6 new players starting on Denver's defense

8.) Bailey's healthy

9.) Chargers' receivers are still decidedly mediocre

10.) 8-8 might win the division again, and the Broncos still have 2 games against the Chiefs and one against the Raiders, which should put them at 7 wins right there, even before you look at the Chargers or out of the division

I could do one for why they won't win the division, too.... ;)