PDA

View Full Version : the REAL reason why Xanders got canned...

Chef Zambini
05-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Xanders wanted to petition the league to continue to produce and sell TEBOW #15 jerseys as a 'throwback"
Elway fired X on the spot when he proposed the idea.

Mannway187
05-08-2012, 11:03 AM
He kept "Tebowing" before and after every meal.

Chef Zambini
05-08-2012, 11:09 AM
thats the spirit
He kept "Tebowing" before and after every meal.
post yopur amusing reason why the x is ex.

claymore
05-08-2012, 11:18 AM
thats the spirit
post yopur amusing reason why the x is ex.

Because his marquee players that he drafted were Ayers, Moreno, Tebow. :harf:

BigDaddyBronco
05-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Because he caught Elway and Peyton making mad passionate love.

slim
05-08-2012, 11:22 AM

I don't think Xanders made any picks....ever.

claymore
05-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Because he caught Elway and Peyton making mad passionate love.

blasphemy!!!!!!....

claymore
05-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't think Xanders made any picks....ever.

Either he sucked, or was inept. Both good reasons for the axe...

slim
05-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Either he sucked, or was inept. Both good reasons for the axe...

He had no power. Not saying I agree/disagree with firing him (I don't really care). But I don't think he ever had any say in anything while he was here.

Mannway187
05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Because he got caught eating Elways strawberries.

OrangeHoof
05-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I thought the power structure in Denver was a little odd. I don't blame that on Xanders but I think Elway wanted a different structure and Xanders didn't go along with the change which probably meant less power for him.

Seems to me Shanahan was the real boss when Xanders got the job and McDaniels wanted the same power as Shanahan but didn't deserve or earn it so this weird structure was set up to give McDaniels control without giving him total control like Shanny had. Once Elway figured this out, he decided they needed to restructure but he wasn't going to do it until the dead time after the draft. Makes sense to me.

Cugel
05-08-2012, 11:37 AM
He had no power. Not saying I agree/disagree with firing him (I don't really care). But I don't think he ever had any say in anything while he was here.

That's the "official company line" . . . and it has about as much believability as that line from Mission Impossible: "As always, if any of your IM force are caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions." :rolleyes:

Chef Zambini
05-08-2012, 11:38 AM
guys, please, you make some valid comments but there is already a thread about the xanders departure, in ernest.
this thread is for the xanders got canned because... jokes!
we are looking for comedic amusement here, not serious discussions.

Chef Zambini
05-08-2012, 12:16 PM
when xanders met peyton he said, 'were gonna get you another ring so folks will think you are as good as your little brother"

NightTerror218
05-08-2012, 12:16 PM
he is actually a Raider fan......

and stalks a former Raider cheerleader who get it on with a former Denver QB.

Chef Zambini
05-08-2012, 12:20 PM
elway told xanders,
"we want you to focus on stadium concessions"
"... in fact, your new role will be to fill and empty the vending machines"
'you will still be part of the selection process and finances'
"... only now, you will be selecting the candy bars and collecting the quarters"

Beantown Bronco
05-08-2012, 12:25 PM
He didn't deliver the pizzas to the draft room in 30 minutes or less?

Chef Zambini
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM
they probably argued over what topings to get on the pizza! both johns wanted pepperoni and sausage, xanders made the call...
when the pizza showed up with pinapple and ham, xanders fate was doomed.

Buff
05-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I blame Canada.

Npba900
05-08-2012, 08:44 PM

Yep!.....That would definitely get you fired!!!

tubby
05-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Basically the dude has rancid BO.

Pudge
05-08-2012, 10:38 PM
elway told xanders,
"we want you to focus on stadium concessions"
"... in fact, your new role will be to fill and empty the vending machines"
'you will still be part of the selection process and finances'
"... only now, you will be selecting the candy bars and collecting the quarters"

I actually laughed out loud

Northman
05-08-2012, 11:09 PM
They actually fired him 4 years ago but for some reason he just kept coming to work and received a paycheck. Well, they fixed the glitch and stopped his paycheck. When Xanders inquired about it he was told to turn in his red stapler and move out.

MileHighCrew
05-09-2012, 07:14 AM
I blame Canada.

On behalf of all Canada, I would gladly take responsibility for the firing of the Xman.

Tned
05-09-2012, 08:19 AM

About the way I see it. I have no problem with him being gone, because like Andrew Mason said, the position was redundant at best, as Elway is really the GM, but it seems pretty clear that at best Xanders could make recommendations and first McDaniels and then Elway/Fox made the final decisions.

Tned
05-09-2012, 08:20 AM
They actually fired him 4 years ago but for some reason he just kept coming to work and received a paycheck. Well, they fixed the glitch and stopped his paycheck. When Xanders inquired about it he was told to turn in his red stapler and move out.

I laughed at this. Reminded me of a cereal commercial a few years ago when this guy would be at work, eating a bowl of crunchy cereal and every morning he would be told he was fired, but because he was eating the loud, crunch cereal, he never heard. :laugh:

TXBRONC
05-09-2012, 08:41 AM

Even under McDaniels he didn't have any real power.

milehireefer
05-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Xman.."John , I said Peyton was a free agent and you signed this Manning guy. That was HILLIS John, Peyton HILLIS you were supposed to sign."