PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate weird coincidence.

underrated29
10-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Everytime the broncos win their football games, i lose my fantasy games. I am now 4-3. Every single time they have lost i have killed my opponents. And even more weird is everysingle time we win which happens to be by a few points, i also lose by just a few points.

This is horrible becuase i want us to win and my ff team also, naturally. The problem is that i am in a money league and the winner gets $1200. Which i could really use (as well as bragging rights), but i want to broncos to do good also.

This is just weird. It sucks too.

jhns
10-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Nothing personal but I hope you never win another week of fantasy football. We could have a good 13-3 year for your $1200. I think that is your money well spent!

underrated29
10-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Nothing personal but I hope you never win another week of fantasy football. We could have a good 13-3 year for your $1200. I think that is your money well spent!

I HALF HEARTEDLY AGREE WIth you!!:salute:

omac
10-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Everytime the broncos win their football games, i lose my fantasy games. I am now 4-3. Every single time they have lost i have killed my opponents. And even more weird is everysingle time we win which happens to be by a few points, i also lose by just a few points.

This is horrible becuase i want us to win and my ff team also, naturally. The problem is that i am in a money league and the winner gets $1200. Which i could really use (as well as bragging rights), but i want to broncos to do good also.

This is just weird. It sucks too.

Which Denver player do you start on your team?

underrated29
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Which Denver player do you start on your team?

i dont have one. But stokley is available in FA, but it costs to pick guys up, and i am stacked at wr.

are you incinuating that i should pick one up?

omac
10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
i dont have one. But stokley is available in FA, but it costs to pick guys up, and i am stacked at wr.

are you incinuating that i should pick one up?

Nope, I'm just thinking that since you don't have Denver players and if you faced opponents that do, than it would explain why you lose when Denver wins, and you win when Denver loses. :beer:

underrated29
10-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Nope, I'm just thinking that since you don't have Denver players and if you faced opponents that do, than it would explain why you lose when Denver wins, and you win when Denver loses. :beer:

good thought, the only thing is, that walker has been benched (cuz he is hurt) I havent yet played the guy that has marshall. I beat the guy wiht henry, but i dont think he got them any points (only a couple tds on the year)
and the defense was benched when i played them which was this week. they started the pitts defense- and i still lost-:tsk:

BUt who knows right. I dont know about elam, might of lost to the guy with him.

omac
10-23-2007, 03:15 PM
good thought, the only thing is, that walker has been benched (cuz he is hurt) I havent yet played the guy that has marshall. I beat the guy wiht henry, but i dont think he got them any points (only a couple tds on the year)
and the defense was benched when i played them which was this week. they started the pitts defense- and i still lost-:tsk:

BUt who knows right. I dont know about elam, might of lost to the guy with him.

Well, there goes that theory. :D

Henry has gained some huge yardage, but depending on the scoring, it might not account for much.

I have Marshall on one of my teams; I hope the DUI doesn't get him suspended this season. If it does, Stokley becomes the Broncos most experienced, skilled receiver. If that happens and Cutler still delivers, that would be a Brady-ish feat, as his #3 becomes his #1, and he has to make do passing to Henry, Young, Graham, and Schefler. That would be a unique set.

broncosfanscott
10-24-2007, 01:36 AM

I am totally with you on that as well as every other Broncos fan. No offense, but please don't win anymore.

underrated29
10-28-2007, 06:25 PM
ok guys, great news... I just beat the first place team.. so i won in my ff games. So lets see- hopefully me making this thread breaks the curse. us hockey players always supersticious.

So for what its worth sorry guys (if we lose). And if not WE BROKE THE CURSE BABY!!!!!

It will be so nice to actually be able to root for both, assuming we win tomorrow.

BaiLeY324
10-28-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm sure your fantasy league has nothing to do with the fate of the Broncos...

underrated29
10-29-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm sure your fantasy league has nothing to do with the fate of the Broncos...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! GOSH F'ING DANGIT!

Now do you understand????

BaiLeY324
10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! GOSH F'ING DANGIT!

Now do you understand????

Drop out of that league before it's too late, foo.

underrated29
11-05-2007, 10:20 AM
well i guess i dont need to say it, but......I think i am going to win, esp since we lost...

I'm up by 19pts and he has heap and the balt d left to play. So it looks like the curse will not be broken yet.

I will confirm tonight after the game.:tsk::tsk:

champbronc2
11-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Well I suppose your team should be pretty successful if the Broncos get worse at this steady pace.

underrated29
11-06-2007, 11:53 AM
well as expected i won again. So maybe next week we can break the curse.

underrated29
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Well I suppose your team should be pretty successful if the Broncos get worse at this steady pace.

yeah, i hate it but i love it.

underrated29
11-16-2007, 08:53 PM
ok, so i had to leave town last sunday (missed the game:tsk:) as i was on a plane. I was also doing well in my ff game.

So when i land in miami i check espn and it showed that we won.

Of course first thought was great!, but then i thought about the CURSE.:tsk:

And then i saw the scores of some of the games like the st louis game, the cards and the bengals- in which i had holt,boldin, and housh playing.

naturally i thought for sure we broke the curse as i still had a player left and he had 1 left as well.

He had seattels kicker j. brown. I thought for sure that i would win and we would finally break this CURSE!:beer:

I just got back tonight and first thing i checked was how my last player did. I knew it would be good as my last player was one of my MVP's-

Peyton Manning.

And wouldnt you know it, he throws 6 ints. six. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!??

When the hell did hell freeze over? Why do i have this stupid curse following me?

Manning throws 6 ints and because of that i lost to seahawks j. brown by......
5 pts.

If peyton didnt throw that last int, we would have tied, In my book that means i didnt lose, and therefore the curse has been lifted.

I am really tired of this curse and if anyone has any info on curses and/ or how to break them let me know.....

..Anyways- I have a great matchup this week in ff (atleast on paper) so maybe this week we can lift this stupid thing

underrated29
11-18-2007, 11:55 PM
alright,,

I am up by 40 pts and the other guy only has the titans d left to play. Which means, unless by some miracle the titans d scores like 4 defensive td's im gonna win.

So that leaves us with:

A. We lose again. (unfortunately, highly likely the way things are going)

B. We win and I lose (not going to happen)

C. We win and i win and we break the curse and take 1st place. --(hopefully.Please, please,please..Please please.)

I obviously dont need to let you know, as it has already been predicated that we lose, but if we win. I will come on and let you know what happened.

BaiLeY324
11-19-2007, 01:29 AM
alright,,

I am up by 40 pts and the other guy only has the titans d left to play. Which means, unless by some miracle the titans d scores like 4 defensive td's im gonna win.

So that leaves us with:

A. We lose again. (unfortunately, highly likely the way things are going)

B. We win and I lose (not going to happen)

C. We win and i win and we break the curse and take 1st place. --(hopefully.Please, please,please..Please please.)

I obviously dont need to let you know, as it has already been predicated that we lose, but if we win. I will come on and let you know what happened.

If this year is really for D-Will/D-Nash, you'd dump that league NOW

underrated29
11-19-2007, 11:57 PM
If this year is really for D-Will/D-Nash, you'd dump that league NOW

no need amigo,

:beer::beer:

WE BROKE THE CURSE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHOOOOO!!:beer:

ITS GONE. Now us and I can go on winning all the way to the champioship!

This is absolutely a great night!

BaiLeY324
11-20-2007, 01:50 AM
no need amigo,

:beer::beer:

WE BROKE THE CURSE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHOOOOO!!:beer:

ITS GONE. Now us and I can go on winning all the way to the champioship!

This is absolutely a great night!

W0000000000000000t