PDA

View Full Version : No more Kornhole on MNF.

Foochacho
05-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Finally, looks like Chucky is going to replace him. I might be able to watch MNF without having to mute it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txfbnmondaynightfootba&prov=st&type=lgns

NightTrainLayne
05-18-2009, 11:12 AM
When will these guys figure out that two guys in the booth is plenty. .. Maybe Gruden will work out, but the third person is extraneous.

claymore
05-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Only guy Ive ever hated more than Dennis Miller. Later Corn hole.

drewloc
05-18-2009, 11:24 AM
I actually think Chucky may turn out to be decent. He has a real passion for the game, you can tell when he was talking on NFL Network. Even if he isn't amazing, he has to be an upgrade over Corn-hole.

BroncoTech
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Man good riddance. We'll see how Chucky does, I have my doubts.

Ravage!!!
05-18-2009, 11:28 AM
I actually think Chucky may turn out to be decent. He has a real passion for the game, you can tell when he was talking on NFL Network. Even if he isn't amazing, he has to be an upgrade over Corn-hole.

I totally agree... the best MNF team was Michaels, Gifford and Dierdorf. They haven't been able to replace Gifford yet.

I think Jaws is a Gifford-type guy.. and John Gruden adds some great personality. Jaws and Gruden should be an excellent team together. Tirico is great, and gives that Al Micheals type in the booth.

I'm SOOOOO glad that Kornheiser is gone. He was just flat out terrible.

DenBronx
05-18-2009, 11:58 AM
only guy i really like is jaws. but gruden does know alot about football so it might end up being a good mnf crew.

powderaddict
05-18-2009, 12:09 PM
All I can say is

THERE IS A GOD

That guy was just terrible. I like Jaws, but Kornheiser made watching MNF just unbearable. Like, avoid the game alltogether unbearable.

honz
05-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Good. Like him on PTI, but I hate him on MNF. Hopefully Gruden can do a good job without annoying the hell out of everyone.

Nomad
05-18-2009, 12:25 PM
only guy i really like is jaws. but gruden does know alot about football so it might end up being a good mnf crew.

You'll get a player's perspective and a coach's perspective.

OB
05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Halle-friggin-lujah :whoo:

Superchop 7
05-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Glad to hear that the booth will be about football and NOT Jessica Simpson. Felt like I was watching "the View" with him in there.

Devilspawn
05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Chucky belongs on the sidelines.

Al?

dogfish
05-18-2009, 02:00 PM
sweet mercy!

thank you jeebus. . . . kornhole was the absolute worst bum to ever disgrace the broadcast booth for any professional sport! that dude was KILLING monday night football, i'm so freakin' psyched that he's gone. . . chucky is an excellent replacement-- we go from an ignorant numbskull with not the faintest flippin' clue about football to probably one of the smarter guys that will ever get in the booth. . . monster upgrade. . . . i'll look forward to MNF SOOO much more now that it won't be fouled by kornhole's inane and irritating jibber-jabber. . . . dude was fingernails on the chalkboard, all the way. . . .

Magnificent Seven
05-18-2009, 02:30 PM
About time! No more Tony Kornheiser and his stupid 16 x 20 yellow posters!

T.K.O.
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
I totally agree... the best MNF team was Michaels, Gifford and Dierdorf. They haven't been able to replace Gifford yet.

I think Jaws is a Gifford-type guy.. and John Gruden adds some great personality. Jaws and Gruden should be an excellent team together. Tirico is great, and gives that Al Micheals type in the booth.

I'm SOOOOO glad that Kornheiser is gone. He was just flat out terrible.

i was watching a classic game on nfln the other day and gifford was in the booth,i hadnt thought about it in a while but he was one of the best,really got ripped off,if he had banged a stewardess these days he probably would'nt have been fired,heck its not like he shot someone or beat the crap out of kathy lee....hmmmm
never mind,anyway im not saying adultery is a good thing,but should he have been banished from doing what he loves for a personal indescretion? i dont think so !
oh yeah and im glad cornholio is gone but i dont know if he was the worst.....remember limbaugh ?

Dreadnought
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
sweet mercy!

thank you jeebus. . . . kornhole was the absolute worst bum to ever disgrace the broadcast booth for any professional sport! that dude was KILLING monday night football, i'm so freakin' psyched that he's gone. . . chucky is an excellent replacement-- we go from an ignorant numbskull with not the faintest flippin' clue about football to probably one of the smarter guys that will ever get in the booth. . . monster upgrade. . . . i'll look forward to MNF SOOO much more now that it won't be fouled by kornhole's inane and irritating jibber-jabber. . . . dude was fingernails on the chalkboard, all the way. . . .

Hallelujiah! Preach it, Brother!

I'm sure that because of this we won't all get treated to Kornholio interview segments of Adam Lambert or J-Lo midway through the third quarter, but somehow that won't bother me a bit.

Timmy!
05-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Good. Especially with the Broncos on MNF twice this year.

dogfish
05-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Hallelujiah! Preach it, Brother!

I'm sure that because of this we won't all get treated to a Kornholio interviews Adam Lambert or J-Lo segment midway through the third quarter, but somehow that won't bother me a bit.

i thought of you as soon as i heard the news, dread. . . . :D

Hardwired
05-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Good. Like him on PTI, but I hate him on MNF. Hopefully Gruden can do a good job without annoying the hell out of everyone.

Agreed about Kornheiser. He's good on PTI, but he was trying too hard to be funny on MNF. If Gruden shuts up most of the time and only says something when he can actually contribute something good, he'll be a vast improvement.

Bozo Jr.
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Thank God, this is certainly reason to celebrate. Talk about annoying!

rationalfan
05-18-2009, 09:02 PM
mr. minority here. i loved kornheiser on MNF. he dared to explain football through the prism of popular culture. often, his commentary was more interesting than the game. plus, gotta love a guy who doesn't drool when he sees a big hit.

Shazam!
05-19-2009, 01:05 AM
I'll never forget the MNF vs. Baltimore game in 2006. In the 2nd Qtr, Baltimore was inside the Denver 10 with the game tied at 3-3, and he asked Theismann "If Baltimore scores here, is this game over?" and Theismann replied super quickly "Absolutely not." Then McNair threw the INT in the EZ.

I was like WTF why would he even say that? The game was in the 2nd Qtr! What an idiot.

Soooooo glad he's gone. Like him on ESPN but he sucked on MNF. I could do a better job and so could anyone here. He grew into it and was better over time, but he had to go.

threefolddead
05-19-2009, 08:41 AM
I've hated MNF since they brought characters from DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES in the booth with them. This is a step in the right direction but obviously the producers need to be booted as well. That stupid segment called go Tony Go.. Man the horror of that show is burned in my mind.

weazel
05-19-2009, 11:00 AM
When will these guys figure out that two guys in the booth is plenty. .. Maybe Gruden will work out, but the third person is extraneous.

you mean extrANUS.

kornholio is intolerable