PDA

View Full Version : darrell reid

omahacolt
05-17-2009, 07:42 PM
a colts fan opinion of the guy you signed from us.

i think the guy was underused for the colts. honestly i think he should have been a starting dt for us last year.

i dont know how he will fit in a 3-4 but i assume he will be a situational guy. what he will do is be a demon on special teams. the guy brings it every time he is on the field. he isnt the greatest player but he puts in the effort. i think at the very least you all will be happy with his special teams play.

just thought i would add my 2 cents on the former colt

Lonestar
05-17-2009, 09:12 PM
good post I think that is pretty much spot on..

Welcome to our warm and fuzzy forum. although you are going to find some colt haters (they are jealous) most of us respect what Dungy accomplished in INDY.. do not like it, but have respect..

Gamechanger
05-17-2009, 11:43 PM
same stuff i said though long time ago...

getlynched47
05-17-2009, 11:50 PM
If McDaniels uses Darrell Reid at Outer Linebacker...........we're screwed.

Rick
05-17-2009, 11:57 PM
He won't be.

Nolan though who has been one of the best defensive minds in the league for some time might...

Lonestar
05-18-2009, 12:05 AM
He won't be.

Nolan though who has been one of the best defensive minds in the league for some time might...

I concur that a 300+ DT will not be used at OLB but rarely IF ever..

Nolan knows his stuff and if given the talent he will do some great things..

I suspect it may take a couple of years to build a top 15 defense in all phases of the game.. not a top 5 run defense and a bottom 20 pass defense or vice versa..

Gamechanger
05-18-2009, 12:06 AM
If McDaniels uses Darrell Reid at Outer Linebacker...........we're screwed.

personally, I wasn't too much of a Darrel Reid fan and I thought he was at best a 3rd D. Tackle to be a warm body for 3rd and longs (his skils wasn't that good enough to beat out a rookie when our 2nd starter got cut) but he has a bit of the weight to play a 3-4 DE, not a starter of course but again that 3rd and long End that could bring a bit of pressure

he reminds me of a lighter Marques Douglas

when I heard he was going to be an OLB I litterally LOL'd

Gamechanger
05-18-2009, 12:06 AM

Nolan knows his stuff and if given the talent he will do some great things..

I suspect it may take a couple of years to build a top 15 defense in all phases of the game.. not a top 5 run defense and a bottom 20 pass defense or vice versa..

he's 285

Lonestar
05-18-2009, 12:12 AM
he's 285

thanks for the INFO but I heard Josh wanted him for NT
I'll bet he comes in at closer to 300 when TC starts.. .. perhaps I was wrong or heard it wrong..

Gamechanger
05-18-2009, 12:20 AM
thanks for the INFO but I heard Josh wanted him for NT
I'll bet he comes in at closer to 300 when TC starts.. .. perhaps I was wrong or heard it wrong..

288, I was off 3 pounds

as far as him being an NT......:pound:

sorry fior laughing but that wouldn't be his best place trying to anchor the most important part of the D-Line of a 3-4

again, at his weight and size (6'2", 288) he's prob. going to be a situational DE with his bread and butter coming from special teams

Tned
05-18-2009, 07:21 AM

I believe McDaniels said at one of his pressers that Reid would be moved to OLB. Here are a couople blurbs from Rotoworld, which is quoting the Denver Post.

The Denver Post now expects first-rounder Robert Ayers to be an immediate starter at defensive end.

The Post reported Sunday that Ayers would play mostly outside linebacker in the hybrid defense, but he fits in better at end and fills a greater need there. Former ends Elvis Dumervil and Darrell Reid are the current favorites to start at outside linebacker.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3493

The Broncos plan to stand Darrell Reid up and use him at outside linebacker, according to the Denver Post.
Reid proved he can run while covering kicks in relentless fashion the last four years in Indy, but this may not be an easy transition. He'll need to shed about 30 pounds off his listed weight (288). It still seems more likely that Reid ends up on the line, playing tackle and end in Mike Nolan's 4-3 sets.
http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_11838883?source=rss

omahacolt
05-18-2009, 07:50 PM
personally, I wasn't too much of a Darrel Reid fan and I thought he was at best a 3rd D. Tackle to be a warm body for 3rd and longs (his skils wasn't that good enough to beat out a rookie when our 2nd starter got cut) but he has a bit of the weight to play a 3-4 DE, not a starter of course but again that 3rd and long End that could bring a bit of pressure

he reminds me of a lighter Marques Douglas

when I heard he was going to be an OLB I litterally LOL'd

reid was better than dawson and foster.

its not his fault the colts coaches couldnt see it. i have been watching the games again and dawson is the worst starter i have ever seen. reid was much better

Lonestar
05-18-2009, 07:54 PM
I believe McDaniels said at one of his pressers that Reid would be moved to OLB. Here are a couople blurbs from Rotoworld, which is quoting the Denver Post.

thanks the only thing I remember seeing was them wanting to put some meat on him and using him as the NEW NT..

They thought he could handle up to 315..

Tned
05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
thanks the only thing I remember seeing was them wanting to put some meat on him and using him as the NEW NT..

They thought he could handle up to 315..

I think you might be getting him mixed up with Fields, who is the free agent DT they brought in from SF, who they think can play NT.

Lonestar
05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I think you might be getting him mixed up with Fields, who is the free agent DT they brought in from SF, who they think can play NT.

:salute:
Yep so many new kids and none of the old names around any more that was who I was thinking OF..

Gonna take a score card to keep track of the players this year..

Thanks again

Tned
05-18-2009, 08:13 PM
:salute:
Yep so many new kids and none of the old names around any more that was who I was thinking OF..

Gonna take a score card to keep track of the players this year..

Thanks again

I know, I have to keep looking them up on Rotoworld to figure out who is who.

Gamechanger
05-18-2009, 10:21 PM
reid was better than dawson and foster.

its not his fault the colts coaches couldnt see it. i have been watching the games again and dawson is the worst starter i have ever seen. reid was much better

I now know who you are.....meh

and I somewhat agree with Dawson and I couldn't understand why he was in the starting line-up, but I disagree on Foster, not for nothing but Foster made plays when the D-Line tightened up at times

Reid couldn't shed skin, let alone a block, which baffles me why he's becoming an OLB, and he wasn't a good tackler his own self so what were the coaches thinking? keeping him as as STer :rolleyes: