PDA

View Full Version : Games you would like to see a sequel for

sneakers
05-17-2009, 04:28 AM
I would love to see a sequal (or at least a remake of the originals) is Wing Commander.

Wing Commander was my favorite video game franchise growing up, I have been waiting patiently for news of Wing Commander VI for over 10 years now, but they ain't going to make it. :mad:

NameUsedBefore
05-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Pretty much every game I've wanted a sequel to has gotten one or is getting one in the past year... Mafia, Fallout 2, Diablo 2...

I guess I'd like to see the Freedom Force series finished. The best superhero games by far but they just didn't sell well.

Homeworld 3 would be nice (I think the original Homeworld was one of the best RTS's evah).

War of the Monsters for the PS2 needs a sequel because that game was fun as hell but I seriously doubt it will be getting one.

shank
05-17-2009, 12:09 PM
i wish they would make another red factions sequel, but do it right this time.

Tned
05-17-2009, 12:25 PM
I new Novalogic Joint Ops, where the bugs that were introduced in patches and killed the online gaming.

NameUsedBefore
05-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Is Novalogic even around anymore?

Tned
05-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Is Novalogic even around anymore?

Yea, and they have two new games coming soon. They are releasing DF 2 Extreme later this month. Then end of this year or early next, they are releasing Angel Falls, which is supposed to be a whole new engine and I "hope" as fun as Joint Ops was when it came out.

oobehr
05-17-2009, 02:10 PM
A new marvel vs. capcom would be nice.

Lonestar
05-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Zork..

Davii
05-17-2009, 03:22 PM
I would love to see a sequal (or at least a remake of the originals) is Wing Commander.

Wing Commander was my favorite video game franchise growing up, I have been waiting patiently for news of Wing Commander VI for over 10 years now, but they ain't going to make it. :mad:

I forgot all about that game. I used to play it like a madman when I was stationed in Okinawa back in 96. What a great game!

NameUsedBefore
05-17-2009, 03:23 PM
A real sequel to the original Ghost Recon games would be nice.

In fact, I'd like all the Tom Clancy games back. I can't think of one series out of 'em that hasn't been totally butchered yet.

BroncoAV06
05-17-2009, 05:39 PM
i wish they would make another red factions sequel, but do it right this time.

I loved the first one on PS2.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/882/882491.html

Red Faction: Guerrilla
Also known as: Red Faction 3: Guerrilla , Red Faction: Guerilla

Published by: THQ
Developed by: Volition
Release Date: June 2, 2009
Genre: Third-Person Shooter

I have it pre-ordered so looking forward to playing it soon.

Devilspawn
05-17-2009, 06:50 PM
I was disappointed, and perplexed, that there wasn't an immediate sequal to Bionic Commando in the late 80s. The NES version was actually a sequal, but I'm surprised Capcom didn't make a BC3.

Currently, the best game I played that never had a sequal or a remake was Forgotten Worlds.

The best video game sequals to me were Street Fighter II and Phantasy Star II.

I heard they did two Strider sequals that were both unrelated to each other, although both are considered Strider II. One sucked, the other was eh.

Slept on sequals: Tobal 2 and Space Harrier 2.

Slick
05-17-2009, 07:40 PM
A real sequel to the original Ghost Recon games would be nice.

In fact, I'd like all the Tom Clancy games back. I can't think of one series out of 'em that hasn't been totally butchered yet.

Ghost Recon 2 and Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike kicked major ass NUB. Even though I have a 360 and those are from the old box, I still pop those in and play them once in a while.

GRAW and GRAW2 were the letdowns for me. Pretty, but not near as fun.

Suppposedly this fall we'll have something new from Clancy.

shank
05-17-2009, 08:00 PM
I loved the first one on PS2.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/882/882491.html

I have it pre-ordered so looking forward to playing it soon.

the first one was awesome, but the 2nd sucked bad.

i didn't know there was another coming out... shows how much attention i pay to video games anymore!

Broncospsycho77
05-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Pilotwings.

SNES biatch.

Broncospsycho77
05-17-2009, 08:19 PM
I really hope they make a sequel to Final Fantasy, too. You've heard of that one, right?

Skinny
05-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Is'nt going to happen but NCAA Gamebreaker. That game ruled. Damn you EA sports.

Shazam!
05-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Two PS1 RPGs that I thought should've had sequels were Legend of Dragoon and Shadow Madness. Two FF-worthy RPGs.

drewloc
05-18-2009, 06:10 AM
Two PS1 RPGs that I thought should've had sequels were Legend of Dragoon and Shadow Madness. Two FF-worthy RPGs.

Shadow Madness was sweet, I wasted a good chunk of my life on that game. One game I would like to see expanded in a sequel would be Shadow of the Colossus. That game was sweet as well.

NameUsedBefore
05-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Ghost Recon 2 and Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike kicked major ass NUB. Even though I have a 360 and those are from the old box, I still pop those in and play them once in a while.

GRAW and GRAW2 were the letdowns for me. Pretty, but not near as fun.

Suppposedly this fall we'll have something new from Clancy.

Mehhhhhhh...

The first Ghost Recon was more in tune with the original Rainbow Sixes, but outside... and with military units. It was awesome. The sequels were more or less a gradual shift into being console games. I don't even think GR2 had a first-person mode, or if it did it was so intolerable it basically forced you into third person.

GRAW is so freaking far away from the original GR that I don't even consider them at all to be the same games.

Same for the new Rainbow Sixes. They're fun, but not the same games. The originals were all about planning, tactics and precision timing. The new ones are basically just rocking terrorist-face and doing it as loudly and explosively as possible.

Shazam!
05-18-2009, 09:57 AM
I think the GRAW series are pretty solid games.

Shadow Madness was sweet, I wasted a good chunk of my life on that game. One game I would like to see expanded in a sequel would be Shadow of the Colossus. That game was sweet as well.

I thought that was a prequel to Ico.

BigDaddyBronco
05-18-2009, 10:05 AM
The Witcher. Awesome Polish developed RPG. Any game where you can get drunk, and bang half the female NPC's is pretty awesome.

Ravage!!!
05-18-2009, 10:17 AM

I LOVED Wing COmmmander. That game changed and revolutionized gaming. IT was the first game to use actors and movie scenes during the game. They completely changed the gaming world with their graphics.

A new Wing Commander would be awesome.

Ravage!!!
05-18-2009, 10:20 AM
The ghost recons on the game boxes ar lame. The older Rainbow Six.. on the CPU, y ou could plot out your approaches with different teams, setting in 'Go' codes with 3, 3man, units. Coordinating your teams strikes and door breaches from different angles. THe console games just dont' have that.

Like in the old CPU madden games. You could actually design your own plays, and put those into the playbook. You could design your own defenses with coverages and blitzes.. and put those into the playbook.

Game consoles, most of the time, seem to be just a "fraction" of games anymore.

Shazam!
05-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Well, some games on consoles were exteremly innovative that weren't made for PCs like FFVII (it came later). There are two sides to the PC/Console gaming argument.

MOtorboat
05-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Most of the games I play come out every year...so none per se. I thought Forza motorsport was good, and I see they've made some sequels to that. I played some Assassin's Creed, but I'm just not good at those types of games.

When I first saw this thread (as I use the New Posts function often) I thought it was NFL game...and I was going to say the Chargers-Broncos game one from last year :D.

Benetto
05-18-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm anxiously waiting for Mass effect 2 and Assassins creed 2.

Can't freakin wait for ME2

Benetto
05-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Twisted Metal black was (and still is) a badass game....I can't wait for a next gen sequel on PS3...If they ever make it.

Ravage!!!
05-18-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm anxiously waiting for Mass effect 2 and Assassins creed 2.

Can't freakin wait for ME2

Mass Effect was a really good game. I'm looking forward to the sequel. Not so much on Assassins, but I hope they add some cool things wth ME

Benetto
05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Mass Effect was a really good game. I'm looking forward to the sequel. Not so much on Assassins, but I hope they add some cool things wth ME

There's usually 3-4 things that make a perfect game for me.

1- Graphics
2- gameplay and smoothness
3- weapons available
4- Storyline

Assassins creed didn't have an abundance of weapons, and the gameplay was highly repetitive...but the storyline had me wanting more after I beat it. I love movie-type games that leave you hanging for the sequel.

Mass effect just blew me away...Could be a top 3 fave of all time for me.

Ravage!!!
05-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Assassins creed didn't have an abundance of weapons, and the gameplay was highly repetitive...but the storyline had me wanting more after I beat it. I love movie-type games that leave you hanging for the sequel.

Mass effect just blew me away...Could be a top 3 fave of all time for me.

I didn't care about the abundance of weapons, that never bothers me. BUt the part that I put in red, bored me to tears in that game. The graphics were well done, and had some very unique qualities that made the 'look' of the game stand out fantastically.

MasterShake
05-18-2009, 05:01 PM
A new marvel vs. capcom would be nice.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is coming to Xbox Live Arcade and PSN this summer!

Games I'd like to see a sequel to?

Knights of the Old Republic
Chrono Trigger
Legacy of Kain series
Ninja Gaiden (1 and 2 were awesome!)
Star Wars: Jedi Knight series

And the following are games that need a PROPER 2D TREATMENT (ala Street Fighter IV) on the Xbox 360 and PS3:
Metroid
Super Mario BROTHERS (both of them,dammit!)
Contra
Castlevania
and MEGA MAN!

Shazam!
05-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Kain (Legacy of Kain) is one of the most unappreciated characters of all time.

MasterShake
05-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Kain (Legacy of Kain) is one of the most unappreciated characters of all time.

And the story was never finished!

Slick
05-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Mehhhhhhh...

The first Ghost Recon was more in tune with the original Rainbow Sixes, but outside... and with military units. It was awesome. The sequels were more or less a gradual shift into being console games. I don't even think GR2 had a first-person mode, or if it did it was so intolerable it basically forced you into third person.

GRAW is so freaking far away from the original GR that I don't even consider them at all to be the same games.

Same for the new Rainbow Sixes. They're fun, but not the same games. The originals were all about planning, tactics and precision timing. The new ones are basically just rocking terrorist-face and doing it as loudly and explosively as possible.

My first experience with Ghost Recon was Island Thunder. I played the absolute shit out of that game. Console though. I've never had a computer good enough to game with, and to be honest, I never cared. I hate keyboards and mouse for gaming. Some are exactly the opposite. You are absolutely right about GR and Rainblow6. Far from tactical like they were in the old days. I think they are moreso than the Call of Duty games, but your point is most definitely valid.

It just seems to me that online gaming isn't as strong as it could be. It's the future of gaming IMO, and it seems like they've strayed away from it a bit. The reason I am so nostalgic about GR2 and GR2 SS was because for a couple years, I could find full rooms of 8v8, any time of day or night. Now,it seems like most of the games are co-op or 4v4 and it's just not as fun for me.

I just want to sneak up on you while you are using a sniper kit, laying in the grass like a douchebag, and pistol you in the back of your head, teabagging you afterwards.

GRAW wasn't bad Shazam, in fact, I still play it too. There's close to 60 maps now if you've downloaded all the content.

chazoe60
05-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Pong 2 would be bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I would like to see a sequel to the original Odd World. An actual platformer puzzler like the first one was. That game rocked.

Shazam!
05-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Didn't they make a sequel in Oddworld 2?

They planned a sequel to Stranger's Wrath but the developer folded.

MasterShake
05-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Didn't they make a sequel in Oddworld 2?

They planned a sequel to Stranger's Wrath but the developer folded.

The new Game Informer had something about that, but I'm too lazy to go look it up!

I thought there were a couple Oddworlds myself, can't remember though.

LordTrychon
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I'd like to preface this by saying that I don't JUST play Star Wars games...

:laugh:

But I bought Dr. V's son "Star Wars: Battlefront 2" for his PS2 last week... only to have his PS2 bite the dust the second we put it in.

$13 for the used PS2 game... but trying to get it for my computer because now I want to try it and I'm frustrated? Nearly impossible to find, so you have to pay $100. :tsk:

While searching though, I did run across the news that when one particular developer was bought out/shut down... some shots were leaked that were pretty evident that they were working on a Battlefront 3.

I think that's awesome, because I didn't expect it... as all the movies had been out when the second came out, and reading reviews of it and comments made by players... made it seem like they'd done a pretty thorough job of it.

Trying to expand/advance a great game sometimes has mixed results... possibly over complicating it and losing some of the fun... but I'd love to see what they come up with, as I'd originally thought BF 2 was for the 360 and was disappointed/surprised to see that it was old enough that it was an original XBox game.

That all said, it probably won't be any time soon, as it was unannounced as of yet and we don't know for sure if the project would be continued (presumably by EA lol)... Star Wars: The Old Republic is slated for sometime in 2010, and we've known about that one for a while now.

That's a post for another... post. I guess. :D

Shazam!
05-19-2009, 02:48 PM
...only to have his PS2 bite the dust the second we put it in.

Is it a 'Disc Read Error' or another issue?

LordTrychon
05-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Is it a 'Disc Read Error' or another issue?

Well, I think the laser was starting to go already, which gives me a bit of hesitation trying to get the other issues fixed, as the laser could just up and die there after... he was having a hard time reading DVDs already.

But when we put in this disc, the motor that moves the laser got caught and as I was trying to take a look at it and work with it, her son also tried to move it, and in the process, detached the communication ribbon from the back.

Now, looking at the ribbon, it doesn't look damaged or stripped, it looks as though it was meant to detach easily. He's got the slim PS2 though, and getting to it is troublesome.

It may have actually been the ribbon that was kinked and causing the hang up on the laser... but I won't know now.

Pain in the butt though. I'm less than pleased.

Shazam!
05-19-2009, 09:29 PM
The ribbon connects underneath into a slot that is hard to see. I plugged mine back in with a long thin tweezers.

LordTrychon
05-19-2009, 11:11 PM
The ribbon connects underneath into a slot that is hard to see. I plugged mine back in with a long thin tweezers.

Yeah... I was looking for some tweezers and didn't find any, and haven't really tried since.

Mainly because I think that I'll have other issues still if I get it in there. Hard to really invest too much time. I probably will this weekend or something though.

Thanks.

Gamechanger
05-20-2009, 01:12 AM
I long for Killer Instinct 3

MasterShake
05-20-2009, 07:30 AM
I long for Killer Instinct 3

There was a part 2?

Gamechanger
05-20-2009, 07:33 AM
There was a part 2?

yea, there were so many pushbacks for part 3 that i think they stopped pitching the idea for it

I'm also in anticipation for MK8 and how "dark" it will be, whenever thats coming out

MasterShake
05-20-2009, 07:36 AM
yea, there were so many pushbacks for part 3 that i think they stopped pitching the idea for it

I'm also in anticipation for MK8 and how "dark" it will be

What the hell? I thought MK was done too? Two of my fav franchises and I am clueless! I thought Armageddon was the last proper MK game (not counting the DC Universe one)? Oh well, probably just missed it on the rumor page.

Gamechanger
05-20-2009, 07:41 AM
What the hell? I thought MK was done too? Two of my fav franchises and I am clueless! I thought Armageddon was the last proper MK game (not counting the DC Universe one)? Oh well, probably just missed it on the rumor page.

i'm not sure how much weight it holds but this was an interview with Ed Boon about it

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/02/05/new-mortal-kombat-8-will-be-dark-gritty-and-completely-reinvented-fighting-on-xbox-360-ps3-maybe-wii-in-november-2008.htm

MasterShake
05-20-2009, 07:57 AM
i'm not sure how much weight it holds but this was an interview with Ed Boon about it

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/02/05/new-mortal-kombat-8-will-be-dark-gritty-and-completely-reinvented-fighting-on-xbox-360-ps3-maybe-wii-in-november-2008.htm

Thanks. I do remember Killer Instinct 2 now, they were just so similar. Part 3 would be good, it was the last good pure combo game. No more Tekken, please!

sneakers
05-21-2009, 04:46 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot....

Ogre Battle...I loved that game so much for the snes.

BroncoAV06
06-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Well picked up Red Faction 3 today, but its just sitting on the couch still in its wrap just waiting to be played!

Work=total fun killer.

Shazam!
06-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm thinking about picking up RF3 tomorrow. A little strange seeing at as an open sandbox of destruction in a vein like GTA instead of it's FPS roots. It looks like great fun.

MasterShake
06-03-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm thinking about picking up RF3 tomorrow. A little strange seeing at as an open sandbox of destruction in a vein like GTA instead of it's FPS roots. It looks like great fun.

In the demo I destroyed a building and it ended up falling on me. Awesome! They have been trying to do destructible environments since the first one, but this is the first real-time engine for it. Its fun, but I hardly ever touch GTAIV for the missions, I just pick it up and screw around killing people for about 20 minutes. I'm like that with most sandbox games, too much freedom and I ignore the game!

If this was a FPS, I'd pick it up. As it stands its too big of a distraction for someone like me. On a side note, I picked up the new Wolverine game last night used on a whim and that game is pretty sweet! Its almost as good as God of War, and better than Devil May Cry as a straight up action game.

NameUsedBefore
06-03-2009, 08:29 AM
In the demo I destroyed a building and it ended up falling on me. Awesome! They have been trying to do destructible environments since the first one, but this is the first real-time engine for it. Its fun, but I hardly ever touch GTAIV for the missions, I just pick it up and screw around killing people for about 20 minutes. I'm like that with most sandbox games, too much freedom and I ignore the game!

If this was a FPS, I'd pick it up. As it stands its too big of a distraction for someone like me. On a side note, I picked up the new Wolverine game last night used on a whim and that game is pretty sweet! Its almost as good as God of War, and better than Devil May Cry as a straight up action game.

I think that's why Mafia did it right. It set the story-mode in one area, and the freedom bits in another (after you've beaten the game). That way the story had actual continuity unlike the GTAs which I never beat and only occasionally finish missions on (typically abandoning them once all the areas have been unlocked).

Shazam!
06-03-2009, 08:31 AM
I destroyed a building and it ended up falling on me. Awesome!

That's a funny line right there! lol

As far as GTA4 goes I thought it was kind of a disappointment. Sure, the graphics are better but too much remained the same. I even think it was too easy, running from the cops regardless of how high your wanted level was is too easy, and too many of the missions are the same.

Thnikkaman
06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Zork..

Apparently there is a Zork online out now.

Thnikkaman
06-03-2009, 09:27 AM

There was a great PS1 RPG type game that I remember being fantastic. You were trapped in a dungeon or something and you had to set up traps to destroy the monsters that were coming after you. I wish I could remember the name of the game.

Shazam!
06-03-2009, 09:40 AM
There was a great PS1 RPG type game that I remember being fantastic. You were trapped in a dungeon or something and you had to set up traps to destroy the monsters that were coming after you. I wish I could remember the name of the game.

Tecmo's Deception?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/06/Deception_PSX_Box_Art.JPG/256px-Deception_PSX_Box_Art.JPG

Trapt was the sequel, a PS2 game.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4a/Trapt-PS2-Boxart.jpg/256px-Trapt-PS2-Boxart.jpg

Thnikkaman
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
That was the one. Thanks Shazam!

Thnikkaman
06-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Actually it looks like there were two sequels to Deception on the Playstation, plus the one you showed me Shazam.

Shazam!
06-03-2009, 10:54 AM
You're right- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deception_series

I just remembered Trapt.