PDA

View Full Version : Cox, Thomas facing civil suit over alleged rape

DenBronx
05-05-2012, 01:49 PM
The woman whom former Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox allegedly raped after she had passed out in his apartment will now be filing a civil suit against Cox and Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas.

Cox was acquitted of criminal charges, even though: (1) the woman was pregnant with a fetus whose DNA matched Cox’s; and (2) Cox told police he never had sex with her.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/05/cox-thomas-facing-civil-suit-over-alleged-rape/

Shananahan
05-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I hope she at least gets enough to take care of the kid. You'd think she'd be a little screwed now, once he's acquitted of criminal charges.

DenBronx
05-05-2012, 02:47 PM
She isnt bad looking at all. I'm sure some gullible bloke with volunteer...

MOtorboat
05-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Shocking development.

broncobryce
05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
I don't see how Thomas is guilty of anything. Not sure why he is involved with the lawsuit

OrangeHoof
05-05-2012, 05:33 PM
In civil suits, you look for deep pockets that could be in any way culpable. I'm surprised she doesn't sue the Broncos and the NFL while she's at it.

BeefStew25
05-05-2012, 07:20 PM
She aborted the kid. Her meal ticket is dead.

Simple Jaded
05-05-2012, 07:49 PM
What kind of a F'n moron aborts a baby if they wanted a meal ticket? Maybe she's new to that whole date rape/meal ticket thing.......

Denver Native (Carol)
05-05-2012, 08:02 PM
DENVER (CN) - A state judge will allow a woman to sue Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and former Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox anonymously, in a complaint for "sexual assault and battery, sexual abuse, unlawful sexual penetration, pregnancy, and other highly sensitive matters."
Jane Doe filed a motion this week for leave to file the complaint anonymously, and Denver City and County Judge Christina Habas approved the request the next day.
"The complaint that plaintiff desires to file anonymously involves allegations of, inter alia, sexual assault and battery, sexual abuse, unlawful sexual penetration, pregnancy, and other highly sensitive matters," Jane Does said in her motion.

rest - http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/04/27/46028.htm

MOtorboat
05-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Her name is in the pubic domain, so at this point I think that's a little overkill.

BeefStew25
05-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Agreed. She isn't really the best victim.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Her name is in the pubic domain, so at this point I think that's a little overkill.

If I remember correctly, right after this came out, it was stated that she was a model, and was also in college.

MOtorboat
05-05-2012, 08:18 PM
If I remember correctly, right after this came out, it was stated that she was a model, and was also in college.

Yes. Her name is public.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-05-2012, 08:37 PM
From article:

Earlier today a Colorado jury acquitted former Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox of sexual assault charges filed by Camille Washington.

rest - http://jerseygirlsports.com/former-denver-broncos-cornerback-acquitted-of-sexual-assault/

If this is accurate, there are articles about her and the case against Cox all over the internet. Her picture is on the link.

dogfish
05-05-2012, 10:28 PM
that should help DT's focus level. . .

*sighs*

stupid-ass kids!

CrazyHorse
05-05-2012, 11:11 PM
He really is the next Brandon Marshall...

MOtorboat
05-05-2012, 11:15 PM

Um, not even remotely close.

G_Money
05-06-2012, 01:16 AM
The burden of proof is lower in civil suits. Cox had better find out what the magic price is for her to go away. He's gonna lose.

~G

TXBRONC
05-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Isn't this the same wench that said if it had been Thomas that had coitus with her she wouldn't have considered it rape?

MOtorboat
05-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Isn't this the same wench that said if it had been Thomas that had coitus with her she wouldn't have considered it rape.

Yes.

TXBRONC
05-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes.

I'm sure that will be thrown right back at her.

Northman
05-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Looks like she is going the OJ route but i just dont see it happening. She definitely wasnt a choir girl but she is fine.

http://www.oneangryman.com/ken/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Camille-Washington-ass.jpg

Chef Zambini
05-06-2012, 09:16 AM
is this a picture from her first court appearance?
I like her legal breifs.

jhildebrand
05-06-2012, 12:51 PM
The burden of proof is lower in civil suits. Cox had better find out what the magic price is for her to go away. He's gonna lose.

~G

Not to mention you don't need a unanimous decision by a jury. I don't see how DT has anything to fear from this. They will use her words from the trial against her. It was clear she was using the criminal proceedings for this. It didn't go her way. Also, while the bar may be lower in a civil trial, the attorneys for DT and Cox also have more relaxed rules and will be able to tear into her big time.

I would expect this to settle out of court before making it to trial.

arapaho2
05-06-2012, 02:40 PM
you know i have seen many many people at differant times...drunk...but walking around, talking, dancing, partying, and snaggin.....but the next time you see them they have no recollection of that night at all.....just because you cant remember doesnt mean you were passed out...

Dapper Dan
05-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Remind me not to party with Perrish Cox and Demaryius Thomas.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
The woman who accused former Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox of sexual assault in Sept. 2010 has filed her intentions to sue Cox and Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas in Denver District Court.

The only motion filed so far asked that the accuser be able to file her complaint anonymously and go by the pseudonym Jane Doe. Judge Christina Habas granted the motion while stipulating an amendment to her ruling is possible.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/05/07/time-perrish-cox-demaryius-thomas-side-court/13293/

$$$$$$$$$$

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
05-07-2012, 02:42 PM
We don't even know what her cause of action is yet. She's only been granted permission to use a fake name to file suit. I do agree that it seems evident she is only suing because the criminal case didn't go her way. This was probably her plan all along, as civil suits are where the money is.

That being said, I can see DT's attorney moving to dismiss this. Therefore, I don't think this case will get far enough into litigation to even need to settle.

However, we still do not know what her claim is based on and what evidence she has. Can't wait to find out.

jhildebrand
05-07-2012, 09:21 PM
We don't even know what her cause of action is yet. She's only been granted permission to use a fake name to file suit. I do agree that it seems evident she is only suing because the criminal case didn't go her way. This was probably her plan all along, as civil suits are where the money is.

That being said, I can see DT's attorney moving to dismiss this. Therefore, I don't think this case will get far enough into litigation to even need to settle.

However, we still do not know what her claim is based on and what evidence she has. Can't wait to find out.

The criminal suit was a means to an end to make the civil stuff easier and more fruitful. I have no doubt in my mind she was going civil the whole way!

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
05-08-2012, 02:31 AM
The criminal suit was a means to an end to make the civil stuff easier and more fruitful. I have no doubt in my mind she was going civil the whole way!

I have to say though, DT was actually testifying for the prosecution in her case. Even though his cross may have helped Cox, its still BS that she is filing suit against him.

Take whatever you can get though right.

NightTerror218
05-08-2012, 05:02 PM
you know i have seen many many people at differant times...drunk...but walking around, talking, dancing, partying, and snaggin.....but the next time you see them they have no recollection of that night at all.....just because you cant remember doesnt mean you were passed out...

The good ol memories, I mean the stories you are told about what you do. Or the small flashbacks.....like pissing on the metro rail in Portland after Beer Fest in downtown. Good times.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-10-2012, 09:27 PM
DENVER (AP) A woman who accused former Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox of sexual assault has filed a lawsuit seeking unspecified damages against Cox and current Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas.

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/newsbreak-woman-files-suit-against-014124260--nfl.html

Mannway187
06-12-2012, 05:25 AM

She didn't say he smacked her around like Marshall would have. Had Marshall been there Cox would need a new fishtank and somebody would have been stabbed and stitched and not passed out and poked.

Chef Zambini
06-12-2012, 01:18 PM
I think the point about "passed out" and 'cant remember" is critical to the defense.
If both had the pleasure of her company and both say she was a willing participant, then she may have 2 legs to spread but she hasnt got a legal leg to stand on.