--DE Ebenezer Ekuban.

--WR Darrell Jackson.

--S Marlon McCree.

--C Tom Nalen. RETIRED

--RB Michael Pittman.

--WR Edell Shepherd.

--LB Nate Webster.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (not tendered)

--RB Andre Hall (not tendered as ERFA) has played well at times and should get a shot to make the team in training camp.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: None.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS: None.

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED

--DL Kenny Peterson: UFA; 3 yrs, terms unknown.

--TE Jeb Putzier: UFA; 1 yr, terms unknown.

PLAYERS ACQUIRED

--RB J.J. Arrington: UFA Cardinals; $10M/4 yrs, guarantees unknown.

--RB Correll Buckhalter: UFA Eagles; 4 yrs, terms unknown.

--LB Andra Davis: UFA Browns; $5M/2 yrs, guarantees unknown.

--S Brian Dawkins: UFA Eagles; $17M/5 yrs, $7.5M guaranteed; can void to $9.5M/2 yrs.

--DT Ronald Fields: UFA 49ers; $5M/2 yrs, SB unknown.

--WR Jabar Gaffney: UFA Patriots; $10M/4 yrs, $3M guaranteed.

--CB Andre' Goodman: UFA Dolphins; $25M/5 yrs, $10M guaranteed.

--OT Brandon Gorin: UFA Rams; terms unknown.

--LB Nick Greisen: FA Ravens; terms unknown.

--S Renaldo Hill: UFA Dolphins; $10M/4 yrs, $3M guaranteed.

--P Dirk Johnson: FA Redskins; terms unknown.

--RB LaMont Jordan: UFA Patriots; $2.5M/2 yrs, guarantees unknown.

--OG Matt McChesney: FA Dolphins; terms unknown.

--QB Kyle Orton (trade Bears).

--DT J'Vonne Parker: Not tendered as ERFA by Panthers; terms unknown.

--LS Lonie Paxton: UFA Patriots; $5.38M/5 yrs, $1M SB.

--DT Darrell Reid: UFA Colts; $6.8M/3 yrs, SB unknown.

--QB Chris Simms: UFA Titans; $6M/2 yrs, $1.5M SB; 2009 cap: $2.71M.

--RB Darius Walker: FA; terms unknown.

--OG Scott Young: UFA Browns; terms unknown (subsequently retired).

PLAYERS LOST

--RB Anthony Alridge (released).

--TE Adam Bergen (released).

--CB Dre' Bly (released).

--QB Jay Cutler (traded Bears).

--DE John Engelberger (released).

--QB Darrell Hackney (released).

--RB Alex Haynes (released).

--TE Nate Jackson (released).

--LB Niko Koutouvides (released).

--LS Mike Leach (released).

--S Marquand Manuel (released).

--TE Chad Mustard (released).

--CB Karl Paymah: UFA Vikings; $1.55M/1 yr.

--OT Erik Pears: Not tendered as RFA/Raiders; terms unknown.

--FB Andrew Pinnock (released).

--RB P.J. Pope (released).

--QB Patrick Ramsey: UFA Titans; 1 yr, terms unknown.

--DT Dewayne Robertson (released).

--WR Cliff Russell (released/failed physical).

--DT Josh Shaw (released).

--LB Jamie Winborn (released).

--RB Selvin Young (released/failed physical).
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4809726/Denver-Broncos-Strategy-and-Personnel

look at the number of folks release or lost and all but two have generated NO interest in the NFL..

Kinda tells you how bad the talent was last year..

how far the mighty have fallen..

T.K.O.
05-15-2009, 08:22 AM
look at the number of folks release or lost and all but two have generated NO interest in the NFL..

Kinda tells you how bad the talent was last year..

how far the mighty have fallen..

well thats great news,it shows that we have at least upgraded our ability to see talent and/or potential.
shedding those xtra pounds and replacing them with fresh horses (no pun intended....well maybe a little)is a big step in the right direction.
when you consider we kept the o-line in tact and upgraded recievers,rbs
secondary, special teams and hopefully d-line
combined with a fresh scheme on both sides of the ball & "team 1st" attitude and we should see a much improved team by sept or oct

Spiritguy
05-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Your right a new group with hopefully improved coaching should make for a better D and ST. Alridge, Koutouvides, and Leach all got picked up by another team though.

Ravage!!!
05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Shows what a great job of coaching it took to go 8-8 with all those players that were on the team that aren't even making other squads. Damn.... thats taking undesirable talent and making them better.

LRtagger
05-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Shows what a great job of coaching it took to go 8-8 with all those players that were on the team that aren't even making other squads. Damn.... thats taking undesirable talent and making them better.

Yep, too bad the great coach was also the one that aquired those scrubs.

Lonestar
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Your right a new group with hopefully improved coaching should make for a better D and ST. Alridge, Koutouvides, and Leach all got picked up by another team though.

Having qualified GOOD coaches teaching them will make a BIG difference, plus having a coherent scheme will do even bigger wonders..

As far as those few from that huge list of deportees, any of them going to be starters? (other than Leach) like they were supposed to be in DEN..

Lonestar
05-15-2009, 01:44 PM

actually I think it was more smoke and mirrors and some help from Houckli that saved 8-8..

One wonders had they lost that SAN game that was given to them what would have happened..:D

powderaddict
05-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Huh, I guess I didn't know Paymah was gone.

Spiritguy
05-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Having qualified GOOD coaches teaching them will make a BIG difference, plus having a coherent scheme will do even bigger wonders..

As far as those few from that huge list of deportees, any of them going to be starters? (other than Leach) like they were supposed to be in DEN..

Agree with you on both counts JR. I think the old position level coaches didn't get it done the past few years. Scheme? did we have a defensive scheme last year?? :D

Other than Leach the only one that might have a chance for more than ST may be Alridge. Will he? Who knows.

Slick
05-15-2009, 04:55 PM
...and we traded the guy mainly responsible for that record for Robert Ayers and Alphonso Smith. I realize we didn't have much of a choice as ugly as it got, and I'm okay with it, but man, I hope we're not kicking ourselves later.

Lonestar
05-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Agree with you on both counts JR. I think the old position level coaches didn't get it done the past few years. Scheme? did we have a defensive scheme last year?? :D

Other than Leach the only one that might have a chance for more than ST may be Alridge. Will he? Who knows.

do we even want to speculate on what mike would have done had he been left alone?

And yes I'd guess that many of those fools would have been penciled in as starters again this coming year.. since mike would have kept the D coaches in tact most likely..