PDA

View Full Version : With the #1 pick in the draft...

SmilinAssasSin27
05-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Assassin's team takes?????

Ok folks, who should it be if I keep my #1 overall pick? Now I am set at WR and QB for now, so it's gonna be a RB. Here are the choices.

Knowshon Moreno...clearly a gifted athelete and ya have to believe he is the clear cut starter. In addition, he was taken in round 1 and 2 #3s were traded to get a blocking TE. Tells me McD plans to run more than he did in NE...BUT we have no proof of this and Maroney wasn't exactly a fantasy stud in NE. This scares me a bit.

Chris Wells...Wells is in an offense where he will have just about all of the carries to himself. He may lose a few 3rd downs to Tim "my YPC is 2.1" Hightower, but I doubt it's noticeable. NO defense will dare play 8 in the box w/ the pass game in Zona. Add to that the fact that the Cards became legit when they started feeding the ball to Edge in the playoffs...BUT he did have a couple of odd injuries in college and a few Zona fans have told me that Zona never utilizes their RBs correctly.

Donald Brown...Some would say he is the best back in the class...or at least the most stable. He has few question marks. he runs hard and will be in an offense which passes enough to keep him free. I've also never been big on Addai...BUT Addai is still the starter for now and Brown will not have immediate impact.

LeSean McCoy...My favorite of the group and probably the best runner of the group. He'll have to learn to block, but he will be Westbrook's replacement. The offense is built perfectly for his skillset and we all know how Westbrook has produced. Plus Westbrook has gotten banged up of late...BUT Westbrook is still the starter, thus little immediate return for McCoy. Long term, he may be the best option IF Reid stays around. W/ his sons constantly in trouble and McNabb aging, the offense may take a step back in the near future.

So...who should I take?

haroldthebarrel
05-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Wells should have more tds and is in a slightly better position to succeed.

I am guessing Moreno will have the better career, but as far as this upcoming season is concerned Denver just has too many questions. And you have to assume that there will be somewhat of a rbbc here as well, which begs the question who will get the goal line carries?

the other two may be good but probably in the future, unless of course there are injuries to Addai/Westbrook.

underrated29
05-13-2009, 10:51 AM
1. How do you score- do you get pts for yards too and catches as well as tds?

2. is this a keeper league?

If it is NOT a keeper league i say WELLS hands down. With kurt throwing the ball still and az still with fitzy and boldin- wells should tear it up. this year for good yards and tds.

If it is a keeper league i say knowhshon all the way. We have a tough schedule this year, but our offense is dominant and only going to get better. Know can catch and Mcd loves screen passes as well as dump offs from kyle. And NE ran the ball a lot, plus you know what our system and line can do with an average back......Add a superior back and this guy will dominate next year and thereafter.

If you get lots of points for yards and catches then i would think knowshon..

Mccoy is good, but wont see a ton of action unless westy gets hurt. I also heard that he is struggling in pass pro and will see the field less until he gets his blocking down.

Don brown is good, he reminds me of a stronger addai. i dont see a huge difference between the two honestly, i would not select him.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Well I went w/ Moreno.

D Brown went #2, followed by McCoy, Wells, Crabtree, Maclin, Britt and Nicks.

I had the 9 and 10 picks as well as well as 2 #1s in 2010. Since I have 2 great young QBs in Rodgers and Ryan, I skipped Sanchez and Stafford and took:

Shonn Greene...I have Thomas Jones and Greene will take over for him at some point, maybe in 2010.

James Davis...Went w/ my gut here. He was too damn productive and will get a chance in Cleveland behind a pretty good Oline. Not immediate impact, but could be a steal. I though about waiting til my next pick at 20, but had to pull the trigger. 2 guys in early round two said they were grabbing him so I feel good about it.

At 20...Percy Harvin. I'm not huge on him, but the potential value was too much to pass on.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Oh...and my rookie taxi picks were:

Glen Coffee
Ramses Barden
Gartrell Johnson

elsid13
05-24-2009, 09:24 AM
I would have gone with Brown because of where he plays and who he plays with.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
I don't know how big I am on Brown. The Indy Oline is slowly aging, Harrison is already gone and Peyton is getting older. Addai, who I'm also not a big fan of, is still there and will not just give away the starting spot. I think Moreno is more dynamic and can contribute more catching the ball than can Brown. IMHO, in fantasy it's best to have RBs who run and catch.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-26-2009, 05:32 PM
My RBs currently look like this:

Portis
Thomas Jones
Ray Rice
Chester Taylor
Moreno
James Davis
Shonn Greene
Glen Coffee
Gartrell Johnson

Portis and Thomas aren't getting any younger so it was time to reload at RB. Among the 5 rookies and Rice, if 2 of em pan out, I'm in very good shape for the future. If 3 do well, I'm gold...and I already have 2 #1s in the 2010 draft.