PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Jones WR

Dapper Dan
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Texans released him. Want? Don't want?

Northman
05-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Better on ST's than as an actual receiver. Liked him a couple of years ago but when Johnson went down he became almost invisible. But, i would much rather take a shot at him than Gaffney at this stage of the game.

underrated29
05-01-2012, 04:34 PM
more than stokley

Ravage!!!
05-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I DO like him. He started to look REALLY good early last year, and thought he would have a break out year. I don't think he's going to be a highlight reel, but certainlly someone that adds as a 4th WR. Has the physical tools. I really liked him last season.

CoachChaz
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Pretty much what Rav said

Jsteve01
05-01-2012, 05:08 PM
and as to Gaffney, no offense to Stoke but I'd much rather run Gaff at the slot than Stokely.

FanInAZ
05-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Liking JJ = liking roller-coasters. He'll put up big numbers for 2-3 week, & then disappear off the face of the earth for the next month or two. That's why I finally got to where I just say, "NO," to him in FF.

bcbronc
05-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Liking JJ = liking roller-coasters. He'll put up big numbers for 2-3 week, & then disappear off the face of the earth for the next month or two. That's why I finally got to where I just say, "NO," to him in FF.

In fairness though, he was a 2nd or 3rd option at best in HOU. His up and down numbers probably had as much to do with matchups as anything else...if they can't cover AJ why throw to anyone else?

Solid veteran WR that would offer depth and competition if nothing else.

Dapper Dan
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Does he have issues? I've heard he had a "lack of focus".

SmilinAssasSin27
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
I'd take him for the return game.

tomjonesrocks
05-01-2012, 06:48 PM
A breakout WR that never broke out. Hype over substance. Pass.

Jsteve01
05-01-2012, 06:52 PM
yeah he's got value as a returner and I'd prefer him to trotting out Judie or Bolden given their injury history

iLands
05-01-2012, 06:55 PM
He will lose us a playoff game.

Do not want.

OrangeHoof
05-01-2012, 11:08 PM
He's got breakaway ability as a returner but needs to be reminded not to dance or run backwards to try to break the big one but just run forward and get what you can get. Blazing speed to stretch the field but a poor route runner who is prone to drops and brain farts at the worst possible moment. If you don't like your WR corps (and I don't like most of the Broncos WR corps), he's worth the gamble if you can sign him cheap because he is a legit home run threat in both the passing and return game but be prepared for the downside. He's not a bad person or a clubhouse cancer. He's just a one trick pony who sometimes forgets what he's supposed to do out there.

SoCalImport
05-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Someone will likely pay him more than he's worth. If EFX aren't interested then they're probably pretty happy with our options on F/PR

TXBRONC
05-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Better on ST's than as an actual receiver. Liked him a couple of years ago but when Johnson went down he became almost invisible. But, i would much rather take a shot at him than Gaffney at this stage of the game.

Agreed. While Jones isn't a great receiver at least he also has value for special teams.

Mannway187
05-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Someone will likely pay him more than he's worth. If EFX aren't interested then they're probably pretty happy with our options on F/PR

Who do the Broncos plan on using in the return game? Decker?, Thompson?, Hill?, Do we have anyone to handle punt and kickoff returns since Royal left? If not then why not give this kid a shot? Couldn't be any worse than who we used last year. What was his name? Picked him up off waivers from Cincy I think. Something like Quan Cosby or something like that. He obviously didn't leave a lasting impression. Whoever we get needs to have breakaway speed and not leave us pinned down inside the 10 as much as we were last year.