PDA

View Full Version : Where is Shanahan?

WARHORSE
05-11-2009, 05:29 AM
So............why hasnt Bowlen talked to Shanahan since the firing when they were such good friends for so long supposedly? And why no sound from Shanahan?

Is Bowlen waiting for Shanahan to call him?

Is Shanahan waiting for Bowlen to call him?

Are either of these guys picking up the PHONE?????

Perhaps John can help out the two old farts get their hugs back on.

Was Shanahan smiling when the Cutler saga was saga-ing?

Will Bowlen be going to Shanahans golf tournament this year?

Will he be invited?

Oh the drama..............

sneakers
05-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Prolly in a tanning booth somewhere.

edit: either that or polishing his Super Bowl rings.

Dirk
05-11-2009, 06:23 AM
So............why hasnt Bowlen talked to Shanahan since the firing when they were such good friends for so long supposedly? And why no sound from Shanahan?

Is Bowlen waiting for Shanahan to call him?

Is Shanahan waiting for Bowlen to call him?

Are either of these guys picking up the PHONE?????

Perhaps John can help out the two old farts get their hugs back on.

Was Shanahan smiling when the Cutler saga was saga-ing?

Will Bowlen be going to Shanahans golf tournament this year?

Will he be invited?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I kind of figured that in Denver he would be seen or on the news from time to time. Here in MO we are lucky we get any Denver Broncos information. :tsk:

threefolddead
05-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Bowlen tried to call him several times but Shanahans phone is not working. Mikey and Cutler shop together.

GEM
05-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Is there a report out there saying that Shanny and Bowlen haven't talked, or is that just speculation?

NightTrainLayne
05-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Is there a report out there saying that Shanny and Bowlen haven't talked, or is that just speculation?

There was an interview with Bowlen last week in which he said that he hadn't talked to Shanny since the firing.

CrazyHorse
05-11-2009, 09:09 AM
On his way to Chicago...

silkamilkamonico
05-11-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm sure they're both giving it some time. They are still friends, and they each lead completely separate lives that aren't brought together by football anymore. I'm sure Shanahan wants to stay away from the entire situation for a while, and I'm sure Bowlen is giving him time to do so.

GEM
05-11-2009, 09:22 AM
There was an interview with Bowlen last week in which he said that he hadn't talked to Shanny since the firing.

Thanks Layne. I hadn't seen the interview and there was no link.

Egos are a costly thing.

NightTrainLayne
05-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks Layne. I hadn't seen the interview and there was no link.

Egos are a costly thing.

That article/interview was posted here somewhere. Bowlen likened it to a divorce with a lot of mixed emotions.

As such, I guess you might not talk to your ex for a few months after a divorce.

GEM
05-11-2009, 09:27 AM
That article/interview was posted here somewhere. Bowlen likened it to a divorce with a lot of mixed emotions.

As such, I guess you might not talk to your ex for a few months after a divorce.

I wish I could pull the no talking card...that would be great! :rockon: :laugh:

LRtagger
05-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Bowlen has probably talked to Shanny 5-10 times since January...he just doesn't remember.

Shazam!
05-11-2009, 12:31 PM
He is on a well earned vacation from giving the Broncos the worst defense in the NFL.

BroncoTech
05-11-2009, 12:43 PM
I heard most his time is spent rolling on the floor, laughing. Isn't that what ex-employees do when they hear about the follies of their former company?

EMB6903
05-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Im sure they are both communicating on occasion... not everything that goes on with the 2 needs to be reported does it?

Hawgdriver
05-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Well, it actually goes a bit deeper than you all know.

Bowlen and Shanahan are neighbors. The day after Pat fired Mike, Mike let his dog leave a nasty steamer in Pat's yard. It has escalated ever since. The most recent trespass was Pat parking an airship in front of Mike's house. The HOA frowns on parked cars, but does not address airships. There is a rumor that Mike cut off ring of bark on Pat's prized pear tree. Immigration agents often appear at the construction site of Mike's new Shanahansion, delaying progress--could that be Pat's handiwork?

broncophan
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I am sure Shanahan is enjoying himself somewhere......and probably still counting his money the broncos are still paying him.

Dr Velcro
05-11-2009, 03:02 PM
He's probably still trying to figure out just who the hell Joe Ellis is and how this Joe guy got so much control.

Magnificent Seven
05-11-2009, 03:03 PM
I remember Mike Shananhan said that he is going to take some computer classes. He is taking a year off and prepare for 2010.

I think Jerry Jones has a big plan for 2010. He might fire Wade Phillips and hire Mike Shanahan as Dallas Cowboys Head Coach. It is possible that Jerry and Mike have some private conversations over phones for several times. I have that good feeling about connection between Mike and Jerry.

NightTrainLayne
05-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I remember Mike Shananhan said that he is going to take some computer classes. He is taking a year off and prepare for 2010.

I think Jerry Jones has a big plan for 2010. He might fire Wade Phillips and hire Mike Shanahan as Dallas Cowboys Head Coach. It is possible that Jerry and Mike have some private conversations over phones for several times. I have that good feeling about connection between Mike and Jerry.

Absolutely. Shanny's got to be salivating taking over another Wade Phillips disaster. .. it worked well for him last time.

Superchop 7
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Saw Mike the other day.....couldn't miss the personalized license plate.

PBCUL8R

Simple Jaded
05-11-2009, 05:13 PM
“Whoever the head coach that comes in (is), if he doesn’t see what the offense did both in the running game and the passing game and the youth, (he) would have to be crazy not to try to keep the people that made it happen.”-- Mike Shanahan the day of his press conference announcing his firing.......

BroncoJoe
05-11-2009, 05:23 PM
“Whoever the head coach that comes in (is), if he doesn’t see what the offense did both in the running game and the passing game and the youth, (he) would have to be crazy not to try to keep the people that made it happen.”-- Mike Shanahan the day of his press conference announcing his firing.......

Great yards.

Points? Not so much.

Magnificent Seven
05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Absolutely. Shanny's got to be salivating taking over another Wade Phillips disaster. .. it worked well for him last time.

I could predict that Chicago Bears vs. Dallas Cowboys game would be a big game in 2010 or 2011. Cutler vs. Shanahan. (If Shanahan is hired in Dallas.)

Magnificent Seven
05-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Alternatively, they could reunite in Los Angeles. (If L.A. got a new team)

Elway-Owner

Shanahan-Head Coach

Cutler- Quarterback

honz
05-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Cutler was crazy for wanting out of a situation where he had so much young talent around him.

WARHORSE
05-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I think Shanahan is thickening his playbook in the garage........

Shazam!
05-11-2009, 08:56 PM

He wont have the benefit of coming to an Elway-led team. Last I checked Shanny has been slightly better than mediocre without Elway... The last three years have definitely been mediocre with a bottomfeeder Defense.

Hobe
05-11-2009, 09:08 PM
I think Shanahan is thickening his playbook in the garage........

Oh come War...garage??? He working the "Playbook Room" of his new mansion. ;)

But seriously folks, the only firm news I've hear of Shanny is that work has continued on his new mansion and they are just about complete.

rcsodak
05-11-2009, 10:08 PM

Sure can tell you've never been bit by the D-bug......

you'll ALWAYS hear from the 'ex'....

...when they need something. :D

rcsodak
05-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Oh come War...garage??? He working the "Playbook Room" of his new mansion. ;)

But seriously folks , the only firm news I've hear of Shanny is that work has continued on his new mansion and they are just about complete.

what the heck the hell?

Does this LOOK like a serious thread???? :rolleyes:

Simple Jaded
05-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Great yards.

Points? Not so much.

That may be true, but people keep saying that like it's not a completely reasonable finish for that offense.

Three quarters of the starting offense had less than 3 years of NFL experience, they also went through 5-7 different starting RunningScrubs, if you want to pretend that that had nothing to do with the offenses inconsistencies, then so be it, whatever you say.

I know better, those aren't excuses, those are significant contributing factors and certainly nothing that time and experience couldn't fix.

I find it amusing that Broncos fans talk about how Cutler will miss all the offensive talent Denver has in one breath, then use that talents shortcomings against him in the next breath.......how convenient.......

Lonestar
05-12-2009, 02:45 AM
That may be true, but people keep saying that like it's not a completely reasonable finish for that offense.

Three quarters of the starting offense had less than 3 years of NFL experience, they also went through 5-7 different starting RunningScrubs, if you want to pretend that that had nothing to do with the offenses inconsistencies, then so be it, whatever you say.

I know better, those aren't excuses, those are significant contributing factors and certainly nothing that time and experience couldn't fix.

I find it amusing that Broncos fans talk about how Cutler will miss all the offensive talent Denver has in one breath, then use that talents shortcomings against him in the next breath.......how convenient.......

Just who was responsible for those "running scrubs" other than always looking under rocks for another TD mikey.

Nomad
05-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Great yards.

Points? Not so much.

One thing I won't miss about Shanahan is sitting on a lead watching it dwindle away eventually losing the game or giving fans ulcers. McDaniel's comes from a cut-throat team that will put up points no matter how much they're winning by. If the other team can't stop you, there's no use waiting for them to catch up unless it's in the 4th quarter and you're up by 28.